Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

Al! posted:

i got roped into playing wow classic for a bit but it was godawful and i decided it was fine if they wanted to play without me

i've been playing classic for a bit now and enjoying it a lot but holy poo poo that hardcore thing seems like a terrible idea and i'm not convinced people are actually going to play it past a couple weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
WoW Classic is such a solved problem that Hardcore is the last great challenge for people to throw themselves at

I wouldn't do it, but I can understand why some would

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

loquacius posted:

I actually quite enjoyed the dungeons but I agree it dealt with the plot being nonlinear in basically the worst way possible (eg by having every sage show you basically the same interminable cutscene). Should have gated you from getting the Master Sword and finishing the Geoglyphs sidequest until it made sense to learn that stuff in the storyline too imo

The fire temple wasn't bad - there were some puzzles that were novel - but the water/lightning ones were very tedious to me.
I haven't finished the game yet but the underworld was my favorite part. The whole game could've just been an infinite underworld stringing along new gadgets and finding eyes for demonic statues and i woulda been fine with that

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Trabisnikof posted:

Paranoia = ???

Vermin Supreme

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

SomethingBeautiful posted:

i've been playing classic for a bit now and enjoying it a lot but holy poo poo that hardcore thing seems like a terrible idea and i'm not convinced people are actually going to play it past a couple weeks

i already speed run classic wow doing a HC run just adds a wrinkle of not dying ever which if u trying to get the best time possible is really hard.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hatebag posted:

The fire temple wasn't bad - there were some puzzles that were novel - but the water/lightning ones were very tedious to me.
I haven't finished the game yet but the underworld was my favorite part. The whole game could've just been an infinite underworld stringing along new gadgets and finding eyes for demonic statues and i woulda been fine with that

I liked the atmosphere in the Lightning Temple enough to make up for the rest of it, but I do agree the Water Temple was not strong. The lightning islands were a huge pain too. I eventually just dressed Link up in a rubber gimp suit so he could just get repeatedly struck by lightning and not even notice

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
A water temple being the low point of a Zelda game? Nooooooo~

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
if you have the classicish era wow itch and especially for hardcore i'd recommend taking a look at project ascension. it's extremely insane but it's the one way the hardcore classic wow leveling experience stays cool and fresh. also it's some weird classless deckbuilding poo poo. somehow it works

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The time for official classic wow is over. The tourist aspect of launch, where 100,000 middle age nerds chased their quarterlife crisis, and the ensuing COVID summer lockdown are long over.

Just play on a private server like a normal person. Don't pay money for the old dead gay game.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

A water temple being the low point of a Zelda game? Nooooooo~

The Water Sage has the lamest power too. The other sages can help you fly farther, or let you fire a giant boulder(man) from literally any vehicle you step into, or let you strike poo poo with loving lightning when you shoot arrows, or give you a giant robot that follows you around wrecking poo poo and also lets you ride it, but the Water Sage lets you squirt water. What's that useful for? The gimmick in his dungeon, basically that's it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"Upgrading armor in TOTK was tedious and grindy and not enjoyable," said Loquacius, who has spent loving dozens of hours upgrading armor in TOTK of his own volition because it's loving worth it

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

The time for official classic wow is over. The tourist aspect of launch, where 100,000 middle age nerds chased their quarterlife crisis, and the ensuing COVID summer lockdown are long over.

Just play on a private server like a normal person. Don't pay money for the old dead gay game.

if you go by the data being scraped by raid logs uploaded to a website more people are playing now then in 2019/2020

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

loquacius posted:

The Water Sage has the lamest power too. The other sages can help you fly farther, or let you fire a giant boulder(man) from literally any vehicle you step into, or let you strike poo poo with loving lightning when you shoot arrows, or give you a giant robot that follows you around wrecking poo poo and also lets you ride it, but the Water Sage lets you squirt water. What's that useful for? The gimmick in his dungeon, basically that's it

and even then he's not as useful as splash fruit or carrying around a hydrant
that was a misfire of design for sure

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

KirbyKhan posted:

i didn't own a computer then but yeah it was probably best at launch, seems like a lot of people started playing recently though. starter zones are all full and plenty of people to group with. i dunno i'll prob get bored of it after a few months but i really like dicking around with pvp and just leveling it's been a nice chill time so far

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

and even then he's not as useful as splash fruit or carrying around a hydrant
that was a misfire of design for sure

he was the most popular one in BOTW too, they hosed up there

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

loquacius posted:

I liked the atmosphere in the Lightning Temple enough to make up for the rest of it, but I do agree the Water Temple was not strong. The lightning islands were a huge pain too. I eventually just dressed Link up in a rubber gimp suit so he could just get repeatedly struck by lightning and not even notice

Oh i haven't gotten to the lightning islands yet but i do have the yiga lightning proof hat so it oughta be smooth sailing

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I hate all of the sages. Stop yelling, you freaks!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

loquacius posted:

Isn't it also a shield that absorbs one hit? I was watching my friend play a few days ago, and it seemed like it created a shield, and you could then expend the shield as a projectile. If so, that sounds pretty handy.

Watching him play deinitely encouraged me to play more. I didn't know that the blueprint ability thing could hoover-up nearby materials (or that "default" blueprints could be collected). Was fun watching him zoom around in the dark underground.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

They're cool, they take aggro off you

I do wish the Gerudo girl would stop getting overexcited and turning the screen yellow every time I try to pick something up while standing near her

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hatebag posted:

I hate all of the sages. Stop yelling, you freaks!

that bird screech sound from the wind guy is seared into my memory

loquacius posted:

he was the most popular one in BOTW too, they hosed up there

He and his totally not-Link stand-in little green wife are still very cool, but yeah they did him dirty

like even... make it so he makes you swim faster or something so you're incentivized to keep his ghost on

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

that bird screech sound from the wind guy is seared into my memory

Waaa oh!
The fire sage was the most annoying but at least he is a quiet ghost

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Popy posted:

if you go by the data being scraped by raid logs uploaded to a website more people are playing now then in 2019/2020

loving why?!?! Omg

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Lostconfused posted:

Wow, you can find a handy +3 mace in like act 1.

im annoyed that i found that mace before solving the puzzle with the ceremonial weapons outside and finding the intended way to do it

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

SomethingBeautiful posted:

i didn't own a computer then but yeah it was probably best at launch, seems like a lot of people started playing recently though. starter zones are all full and plenty of people to group with. i dunno i'll prob get bored of it after a few months but i really like dicking around with pvp and just leveling it's been a nice chill time so far

Oh, well enjoy videogame

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

bg3 justposting: just met karlach, finally a gotsdamned tank, a proper party composition and another tiefling yey

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I finally bought BG3 so I have some important questions before I get to it this weekend and they are:

are there neat spears in BG3 and are they good to use

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I finally bought BG3 so I have some important questions before I get to it this weekend and they are:

There's a nice blinding spear that you get early on and a neat throwing pike later and a super nasty throwing trident you get if you play a trick on a certain magical creature in the third act. The throwable ones return to your hand

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I've seen some cool glaives

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Edit: cursed edit button

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

lmao how is there no way to quit the stupid dice roll menu.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

for lore reasons there's a spear I gave shadowheart that seemed ok. I didn't really min/max gear late game if i ran into a problem i just had gale throw fireballs at it until it stopped being a problem

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It seems like RPGs always make the swords the coolest gear... So who am I kidding l will probably just roll a swordmans

Unless there's cooler gear than swords

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It seems like RPGs always make the swords the coolest gear... So who am I kidding l will probably just roll a swordmans

Unless there's cooler gear than swords

I mean, depending on the race/class you can use a variety of different weapons.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

this toll collector poo poo sucks imo.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

aaaand I really don't get Larian's planning, difficulty for me always feels odd

I am assuming you are supposed to not go after the devils disguising as paladins after meeting Karlach? Retreat tutorial?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

dead gay comedy forums posted:

aaaand I really don't get Larian's planning, difficulty for me always feels odd

I am assuming you are supposed to not go after the devils disguising as paladins after meeting Karlach? Retreat tutorial?

enter from the second floor, send your tankiest character to start the fight. have them run upstairs while your party pelt the Paladin from range. you should be able to take him down before he kills you

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

if you find a fight unreasonable go get another level somewhere else

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Or just, you know, use your potions and scrolls

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

yep. the early game even has quite a few very good spears that are probably still very good near the end of the game. there's a pike with return on it which you can throw and it returns. and sometimes it bonks people while returning. i cant find a clip of it because youtube is completely absolutely hosed but you can imagine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

paladin bad guys are bs because they can just dump every divine smite they can in a single battle because they dont have to worry about conserving anything, so they will just nuke your poo poo.