Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Wonder whicb cop.gang he was a member of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

KomradeX posted:

Wonder whicb cop.gang he was a member of

Word on the street is this was a hit on the Wayside Whities sanctioned by the Compton Executioners after they stole a kill from the Jump Out Boys. Although, the Temple Station V-Boys have not yet released a public commit on this yet.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
https://www.cop.gang

That Old Ganon
Jan 2, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, I really wish I didn't read the end of this article.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Did you know some places have "blue alerts" for when cops get ouchies? It also seems to bypass if you've specifically disabled the sound notifications for emergency alerts.
I'm in Houston for a work convention and got a notification to be on the look out for a person connected to an officer involved shooting.
lmao cops are so loving soft

e: noticed I didn't clear the notification on my work phone, so here's a picture of that, since it's gone from my personal one

Coolness Averted has issued a correction as of 06:22 on Aug 17, 2023

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Coolness Averted posted:

Did you know some places have "blue alerts" for when cops get ouchies? It also seems to bypass if you've specifically disabled the sound notifications for emergency alerts.
I'm in Houston for a work convention and got a notification to be on the look out for a person connected to an officer involved shooting.

yeah I got that same alert up here in DFW and I was like gently caress off I'm listening to a podcast while I build this IKEA bookcase, nobody cares

dude will be Swiss cheese within a day no matter what I do or don't do, gently caress pigs

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Coolness Averted posted:

e: noticed I didn't clear the notification on my work phone, so here's a picture of that, since it's gone from my personal one

Too bad you can't change it to a sad trombone noise

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i dunno, being alerted when the heavily armed gangsters are looking for someone to kill sounds pretty helpful.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I’m glad that a Based alarm has finally been implemented

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

I got this loving thing in the middle of the night and I live in Austin. What am I Batman? Am I supposed to hop in my car and drive 3 hours to houston to hunt down a [checks notes] man driving a pick up truck? This thing is going to backfire when the cops start sending out like 20 of these an hour and people start helping the dudes escape out of pure spite.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Koishi Komeiji posted:

I got this loving thing in the middle of the night and I live in Austin. What am I Batman? Am I supposed to hop in my car and drive 3 hours to houston to hunt down a [checks notes] man driving a pick up truck? This thing is going to backfire when the cops start sending out like 20 of these an hour and people start helping the dudes escape out of pure spite.

I feel it's more likely to backfire the opposite way, and some idiot who wants to be batman is gonna open fire on a 'copkiller' when they misread some plates -or are given faulty information by the alert.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Zeroisanumber posted:

"Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputy shot, killed by police on Fontana golf course"

Wow. When the cops shoot another cop the newspaper headline isn't in a passive voice.

Lol I bet the guy they shot had a history of excessive force complaints, disciplinary issues, and spousal abuse that dates back to his rookie days. loving guy was probably out of his mind on coke.

I get what you're trying to say but grammatically speaking, "Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputy shot, killed by police on Fontana golf course" is a typical example of the passive voice.

It's disturbing to reflect on how conditioned we are when we read reporting of killer cops that the most vanilla example of passive voice comes off as active by comparison.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://x.com/davenewworld_2/status/1692254166272356609?s=46&t=v69FFc9gmilk6I-vYnAGzw

Gosh it just keeps happening. so many few bad apples…

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Police being openly cruel to minority youths. You know they had the biggest grins on their faces after putting him in a jail cell

https://twitter.com/Imposter_Edits/status/1692354264301969810?s=20

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
xenophobia in senatobia

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Someone taking direct action

[url]https://twitter.com/HarrisonKrank/status/1692207498411774183?s=20

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lobster shirt edit the above link has a guy getting shot

Somebody has issued a correction as of 14:06 on Aug 18, 2023

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Pontificating rear end posted:

Someone taking direct action

this happened in July?

lobster shirt edit breaking embed

Somebody has issued a correction as of 14:43 on Aug 18, 2023

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
guns are cool now?

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
pretty sure the second amendment's whole purpose is to allow americans to shoot oppressive agents of the state, so hey

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Pontificating rear end posted:

Police being openly cruel to minority youths. You know they had the biggest grins on their faces after putting him in a jail cell

https://twitter.com/Imposter_Edits/status/1692354264301969810?s=20

yeah but what if he took a poo poo? have to draw the line somewhere

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
oh lol so this guy was all gunned up and ready to go do a mass murder when a completely unrelated traffic incident attracted a few cops to where he was parked so he freaked and started blasting.

I guess that's better than him actually getting to the city center to do his bullshit. he's like one step beyond that George Costanza looking dude who got iced by the courthouse by a security guard (then pissed himself while dying).

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

oh lol so this guy was all gunned up and ready to go do a mass murder when a completely unrelated traffic incident attracted a few cops to where he was parked so he freaked and started blasting.

I guess that's better than him actually getting to the city center to do his bullshit. he's like one step beyond that George Costanza looking dude who got iced by the courthouse by a security guard (then pissed himself while dying).

at first I was like wtf that guy didn't look like George but then I remembered the photoshops :lmao:

that was in Dallas at the Earl Cable federal courthouse, I had jury duty there a few years before that happened

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

this happened in July?

Well I think the bodycam footage was just released

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Tenkaris posted:

at first I was like wtf that guy didn't look like George but then I remembered the photoshops :lmao:

that was in Dallas at the Earl Cable federal courthouse, I had jury duty there a few years before that happened

This loving goober

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

its very funny to me, a lifelong california resident, when people describe this state as 'left-leaning' in any way. every area not bordering ocean (and some that do) are basically alabama

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

greatest country in the wo*is domed by blindfiring rear end in a top hat a block away*

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Chard posted:

its very funny to me, a lifelong california resident, when people describe this state as 'left-leaning' in any way. every area not bordering ocean (and some that do) are basically alabama

the city that elected the first gay councilor also had that same guy murdered by a cop. welcome to
California.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Proust Malone posted:

the city that elected the first gay councilor also had that same guy murdered by a cop. welcome to
California.

and Diane Feinstein was the one who found the body iirc

she also got critical info from the police about the night stalker's very particular shoes tying him to every crime scene and decided it was prudent to broadcast all of that information to the town, and Ramirez ditched the shoes. thanks, Diane

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

The Voice of Labor posted:

no calls for violence please, the police can and will be rehabilitated in the mdma tanks

i'll call for violence

pigs should be slaughtered, because I like bacon on my sandwiches :)

catching up on thread

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Armacham posted:

This loving goober

new counter strike looks amazing

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Lol the cops actually managed to prevent something completely by accident by making some other schmucks day harder

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Armacham posted:

This loving goober

oh god i just remembered he bought a "tactical sword" and wore it to his failed killing spree :lmao:

you can see the scabbard, it looks like it's sticking out of his rear end

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The world’s most hosed up reload, forever immortalized

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

*bedtime

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Chard posted:

I live in a northern californian wine county, and I can attest to the number of Let's Go Brandon signs/hats/shirts in the area

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

take a shot every time they name a colour

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011

Tenkaris posted:

oh god i just remembered he bought a "tactical sword" and wore it to his failed killing spree :lmao:

you can see the scabbard, it looks like it's sticking out of his rear end

Not just a sword, a Gladius!

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the threat of targeted action from the paramilitaries today is still significant enough that police appearing on TV or in news segments etc have to have their faces and identifying marks blurred out, so a data breach like this is a very spicy meatball

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Huragok posted:

Not just a sword, a Gladius!

quote:

The Gladius Machete features the classic guard and ball shaped pommel of years gone by, but with the added strength and durability found with full-tang construction and modern materials. We use high-impact Polypropylene for our handle, making it almost impervious to the elements and rugged beyond belief

it sure looks like any cheap as gently caress plastic, but hey whatever you say, weirdo sword making company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
full-tang