Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

ilmucche posted:

Yeah free prime trial on prime day lol

Dungeons of the endless seems like it'll be pretty hard. I've started a third run and I think stacking industry is the way to go? One of the characters I found can boost my production of a resource which is very helpful.

There's a tricky interplay between building industry generators and how many more turns you think you'll be on a floor, and then how many resources is it worth spending to build turrets and stuff. Trying to figure out who should go where, when is tough. Neat game!

If you like resources, you'll love the Library Pod/dungeon (uh, once you unlock it, which requires winning a game with a certain amount of research). That one really caters to gathering more upgrade stuff, to the point I had one game where I could give power to every room on the final floor.

One of the characters in the paid Rescue Team DLC (Wes Davoun) is also a great Operator/resource gatherer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

This thread is the reason time is a flat circle.

When I was IK this thread was always my favourite to find new thread titles for. There was a time where there was a funny thread title candidate every other week.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
What is IK?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Not much, what's IK with you?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Farquar posted:

What is IK?

I assume idiot king, the term for when someone on SA is given mod privileges for a specific thread.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The August Amazon Prime poo poo

August 3: PayDay 2 + "The Gage Mod Courier" DLC [Epic Games Store]
August 10: Farming Simulator 19 [Epic Games Store], Blade Assault, Quake 4 [GOG]
August 17: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2, Foretales, Driftland: The Magic Revival
August 24: In Sound Mind
August 31: Summertime Madness [Legacy Games Code]

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Homeworld Remastered and Severed Steel are up on Epic

Bloons TD 6 and Loop Hero are next

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
I really enjoyed the old Home World games, I wonder how the remaster holds up? I guess I’ll never find out.

Kaewan fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 28, 2023

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Kaewan posted:

I really enjoyed the old Home World games, I wonder how the remaster holds up? I guess I’ll never find out.

Remastered main issue is running the first game on the more simplified second one so all the formations and soft counter logic goes out the window. If you don't mind it's a decent animation and texture upgrade.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
That was fixed years ago.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

😈

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

aw ye, feesh

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I got my code today and it turned out I already owned the game! My precious email given away... for nothing... :negative:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

but at what cost....

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

I absolutely love fishing games for some bizarre reason.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
This bad boy was where it was at.

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

When you control the mail, you control information!

Pararoid posted:

This bad boy was where it was at.

Thank you for the nostalgia hit. I used to play this during long family trips in the car. It was the best.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ahhh in the end I forgot to get bass fishing -_-

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

ilmucche posted:

Ahhh in the end I forgot to get bass fishing -_-

I claimed one and already have it, DM me if you want the code.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/unity-of-command-stalingrad-campaign

Free from Fanatical for another 7 hours!

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

I already own it, so someone can have my code:

93QG6-GXD4C-8X58Y

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
Same here. It's a good game if the idea of solving supply puzzles masquerading as WW2 operational warfare sounds fun to you. So if you missed the giveaway here you are.

B46AL-I*5NP-4*F5L

* is the number of rings given to Men.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

ilitarist posted:

Same here. It's a good game if the idea of solving supply puzzles masquerading as WW2 operational warfare sounds fun to you. So if you missed the giveaway here you are.

B46AL-I*5NP-4*F5L

* is the number of rings given to Men.

Nabbed this one, thanks!

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
Well the giveaway still goes on for 7 hours so you could have snatched it there but ok.

Deuterious
Oct 17, 2011
Looks like it goes for a week when I look at the page.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Did I misread a decimal or two? That's good.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

ilitarist posted:

This is why I did not like Unity of Command 1. I thought that it was a hex-based strategy game with a WW2 theme and nice, twee visuals, but it's really a puzzle game. UoC2 is more of what I wanted.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
Found this super fun roguelike bullet hell survivors shooter called Disfigure. Seems to be a pet project of someone and it's slowly gaining in popularity. Has a more dark tone and uses illumination to make things interesting. Not much meat there except for a good variety of weapons and build diversity. Only a single level, handful of enemy types and a few bosses but what's there is super fun so far.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2083160/Disfigure/

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Blurb3947 posted:

Found this super fun roguelike bullet hell survivors shooter called Disfigure. Seems to be a pet project of someone and it's slowly gaining in popularity. Has a more dark tone and uses illumination to make things interesting. Not much meat there except for a good variety of weapons and build diversity. Only a single level, handful of enemy types and a few bosses but what's there is super fun so far.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2083160/Disfigure/

Thanks for this, really enjoying it! My favourite build so far is sniper rifle + flash bangs + radiation. Haven't even touched the melee weapons yet though.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Europa Universalis 4 and Orwell: Keeping an Eye on You are up on Epic

Black Book and Dodo Peak next

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Orwell is a pretty decent VN/puzzle game where you basically play the CIA agent looking through your webcam

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Orwell and its sequel are fun and they both have enough meat to warrant multiple play thrus.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

crusader kings 2 is, as I think it pretty much always is, free on gog

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It did indeed go F2P a while back.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I've finished a game I got for free on Epic today, which is bad enough, but at one point I hit F12 to take a screenshot and got confused as to why nothing happened.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

A good poster posted:

I've finished a game I got for free on Epic today

Ban this sick filth!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Tormented posted:

Ban this sick filth!

:mods:

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

A good poster posted:

I've finished a game I got for free on Epic today, which is bad enough, but at one point I hit F12 to take a screenshot and got confused as to why nothing happened.

Which game? Genuinely curious which one was interesting enough to start playing, and then keep playing until the end.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I've beaten 2! Neon Abyss and loop hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i got pretty far in murder by numbers until i realized i absolutely hated the writing so i just found one of the many regular picross games instead.