Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqSA-SY5Hro

Musically it's quite good. (see the last post on the last page for the lyrics, they are not.) I'm a little concerned about seeing the sudden explosion in popularity what may be some the slickest right wing propaganda in quite some time, but it's nice to know that some random dude can break out like that in today's environment, if he makes a track good enough.

e: You know, as long as Anthony isn't just a focus-grouped stooge funded by right wing billionaires and promoted to stardom by Musk's bot army.

e2: Which, he almost certainly is.

*cough*

Anyway,

e3, not a fake one: oops linked wrong video, fixed now

Mellow Seas fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I am waiting for him to be milkshake ducked but supposedly before this, he was “off the grid” so he may not have any horrible past posts to pull up. If that is the case, then we may have to wait for him to do an interview and step in it.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If he was off the grid, then that means it was something even more horrible than we can imagine coming up on social media, BUT it will take longer for them to find. Possibly in a shack in the woods.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The News, soon posted:

An area woman was found captive in a ramshackle structure in the state forest, near death with malnutrition but weighing in at 300 pounds, the result, she says, of force feeding by a Mr. Oliver Anthony.

"He just kept shoving bag after bag of fudge rounds in my face, yelling, 'enjoy it, fatty! I bought these fudge rounds with my dad's social security check! EAT THE TAX DOLLARS, YOU FAT LIB! MILK THE WELFARE!" she said.

"Oh, yeah, also he said the n-word, like, a lot," she added.

I mean, maybe he's an all right guy with stupid-rear end opinions and a great voice, I dunno. Maybe he'll pull some kind of face turn and tell everybody the answer is strong labor unions and government funding of voluntary nutrition and exercise programs.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I realize you're going out of your way for rhetorical effect, but I don't think anyone using "rich men north of Richmond" in 2023 needs to be examined like you're scrying for hidden truths

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, it was mostly a comedy bit. Whatever broad relatability the song has washes out pretty quick when you basically name it "The Lost Cause, the Song." I'm just willing to entertain the idea that he's an idiot first and an rear end in a top hat second rather than the other way around. (Which, you know, it's a little better I guess.)

I bet there are some fun lyrics in his other songs, maybe I'll take a look later...

Mellow Seas fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 16, 2023

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
You know, of artists I've discovered recently who have some problematic takes, I think I'll spend more time finding reasons to excuse the guy who lionizes Gaddafi than this clown, and that's really saying something.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He was discovered in an old dusty saloon by Sean Hannity, who told him he would make him a star - just, did he think he could maybe edit the title, “(((Rich Men North of Richmond))),” just a little bit?

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

PT6A posted:

You know, of artists I've discovered recently who have some problematic takes, I think I'll spend more time finding reasons to excuse the guy who lionizes Gaddafi than this clown, and that's really saying something.

Gaddafi was a worthless kleptocrat whose life's work was creating a cult of personality state that would collapse into barbarism if anyone tried to assassinate him. But he's also long dead, and no one ever loved him or his incoherent ideology beyond its power to spite their enemies, so odds are anyone celebrating him is just a dumbass contrarian. By contrast, this poo poo is stuff a lot of people actively believe and further and continue to hurt people with right now. So I think that's reasonable.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Fox’s Greg Gutfeld goes on sexist rant, suggests crimes would ‘disappear’ if women went away

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/15/media/greg-gutfeld-sexist-rant-fox-news/index.html

quote:

One of Fox News’ top hosts said that many of the world’s problems would be solved if women were to vanish from the planet.

Greg Gutfeld, the right-wing channel’s resident jester who was recently promoted to host his own prime time hour, made a series of brazenly sexist comments on Monday’s edition of “The Five” during a discussion on looting.

As surveillance video played showing a smash-and-grab that occurred over the weekend at a Los Angeles Nordstrom, Gutfeld went on a rant portraying women as soft on crime and effectively blaming the entire gender for supposed policies that would prevent such crimes from being committed.

“What would happen if all the women took a ladies week off and they went to Venus … How many of these problems would still exist?” Gutfeld wondered aloud.

At one point during the discussion, Gutfeld acknowledged that what he was saying might not sit well with Jeanine Pirro, a tough-on-crime co-host of “The Five” who previously worked as a prosecutor and served as a New York state judge.

“I know this is offensive to the judge because she thinks like a dude,” Gutfeld joked.

Gutfeld concluded his rant, shouting, “What I’m saying is that we have gotten so soft and it is because we have decided that discipline and punishment is wrong.”

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

BiggerBoat posted:

Fox’s Greg Gutfeld goes on sexist rant, suggests crimes would ‘disappear’ if women went away

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/15/media/greg-gutfeld-sexist-rant-fox-news/index.html

The stream of consciousness is getting weirder and weirder. I have no idea what he's trying to communicate. These people can say whatever and still get applause from the crowd. I'm sure this will get reposted a thousand times with a bunch of "SEE? I was right all along!" comments despite being absolutely meaningless nonsense.

The whole "our team can do no wrong, your team is always wrong" is exhausting.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Where do they even come up with this stuff

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Levantine posted:

The stream of consciousness is getting weirder and weirder. I have no idea what he's trying to communicate. These people can say whatever and still get applause from the crowd. I'm sure this will get reposted a thousand times with a bunch of "SEE? I was right all along!" comments despite being absolutely meaningless nonsense.

The whole "our team can do no wrong, your team is always wrong" is exhausting.

I think he very much wanted to call out a different group of people than "women"

Also, in the never ending tradition of conservatives bitching about things that want and actually get

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fox-news-pundit-hypocrisy-hunter-223937512.html

quote:

Within the span of just four months, Fox News analyst Gregg Jarrett has completely flipped his narrative on whether he believes the appointment of U.S. Attorney David Weiss as Hunter Biden’s special counsel is rigged or not.

“The fix is in,” Jarrett fumed to Sean Hannity back in April. “David Weiss, who wanted to file the charges against Hunter Biden, went to Merrick Garland and asked to have him elevated to special counsel status… What did Garland do? He said absolutely no. That tells you everything you need to know about this.”

But now that Weiss has been appointed special counsel, and has filed charges, the fix is... still in, according to Jarrett.

“Weiss is the absolute last person on Earth who should be special counsel,” he complained to Hannity last week, according to a clip shared by Media Matters for America.

"Why can't David Weiss be appointed special counsel?"

weeks later:

"David Weiss is the last person who should be special counsel"

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Mellow Seas posted:

Musically it's quite good. (see the last post on the last page for the lyrics, they are not.) I'm a little concerned about seeing the sudden explosion in popularity what may be some the slickest right wing propaganda in quite some time, but it's nice to know that some random dude can break out like that in today's environment, if he makes a track good enough.

e: You know, as long as Anthony isn't just a focus-grouped stooge funded by right wing billionaires and promoted to stardom by Musk's bot army.

*cough*

Anyway,

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I am waiting for him to be milkshake ducked but supposedly before this, he was “off the grid” so he may not have any horrible past posts to pull up. If that is the case, then we may have to wait for him to do an interview and step in it.

https://twitter.com/zei_squirrel/status/1691212356364226560
https://twitter.com/GravitysRa1nbow/status/1691228037096820736

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yes that narrative flipped really quick

They’re never happy. They got what they wanted with the Hunter stuff and he’s probably going to get punished more harshly than he should be because of the GOP complaining, and even with that they will claim he got special treatment.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Where do they even come up with this stuff

Sounds like they copied the Mother Jones article about RWM poo poo-headery word for word.

(Mother Jones showing some great compassion and context for the situation)

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yes that narrative flipped really quick

They’re never happy. They got what they wanted with the Hunter stuff and he’s probably going to get punished more harshly than he should be because of the GOP complaining, and even with that they will claim he got special treatment.

Ehh, only if you actually believe what they say. That's a mistake. They're full of poo poo, lying with every breath and never really gave much of a gently caress about it in the first place. Ignore the words a fascist uses. Look at their actions and the emotional content it generates. What they want is a reason to hate Biden, and a way to paint a target on him for their audience feeding at the trough of propaganda and lies. They're still getting that.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

BiggerBoat posted:

I think he very much wanted to call out a different group of people than "women"

Also, in the never ending tradition of conservatives bitching about things that want and actually get

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fox-news-pundit-hypocrisy-hunter-223937512.html

"Why can't David Weiss be appointed special counsel?"

weeks later:

"David Weiss is the last person who should be special counsel"

Ted Cruz and Marsha Blackburn did the exact same thing. They demanded that Weiss be appointed special counsel and now they're bitching about him incessantly on Twitter.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1690731035300868096
https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1690739093364207616

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Mellow Seas posted:

*cough*

Anyway,

Benjamin Tod and Hill Country Devil are better true country music and nobody has or ever will hear of them.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

That's the kind of beard you only get if you stick a fork into a power-outlet, or by gluing pubes to one's face.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Interesting that he was listening to Sapolsky. Despite his beard, that guy is not a right wing nut at all. Far from it.

Edit- oh maybe that was just a recommendation and not part of his own playlist? I don’t know how these things work.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Mellow Seas posted:

*cough*

Anyway,

It's such a weird tonal shift halfway through the song it almost feels like a parody. And the song is vague in some parts but oddly specific in others.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
It reads as deliberately designed to engender broader play and onboard people into the right wing talking points in the latter half.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

It's weird that conservatives would create a song with lyrics that propogate their ideas because they're the same people who never pay attention to song lyrics.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

PeterWeller posted:

It's weird that conservatives would create a song with lyrics that propogate their ideas because they're the same people who never pay attention to song lyrics.

Booorrrn in the USA!

Hannity was doing his usual "here's the news the liberal fake news mob won't talk about" and said it's because the news media is obsessed 24/7 with Donald Trump. 91 felony counts and 4 indictments on a US president is apparently not newsworthy or especially historic or anything when obviously the real story is Hunter Biden and a laptop computer. He's lying, of course, because I read tons of articles about the Biden "scandal" and I don't look at a ton of RWM. So how do I know so much about it if that story is being buried?

The 180 these dickheads have made on law enforcement and its power is insane and vastly entertaining. They are (suddenly) incredibly concerned about prosecution overreach, aggressive law enforcement, the 4th amendment, wiretaps and selective two tiered application of the law now. Very upset with the noted, far left leaning, liberal government law enforcement agency called the FBI. The FBI who kept running files on commies like John Lennon, Jimmy Hendrix and Bob Dylan.

These are the people who want do away with due process, speed up death penalty cases, enact harsh sentences for weed smokers and purse snatchers and allow cops to murder people in the streets. The party of prisons over schools. The chanters of "lock her up". The ones who gave us the Patriot Act and tell us if we have nothing to hide, we have nothing to fear and put thin blue lines on the American flag.

They're gravely concerned about privacy rights, surveillance and the incredible power of law enforcement. Sounds like a bunch of liberal bullshit to me.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
I'm more amused by how quickly the really fringe conservatives immediately snapped back to Trump being an unbelievable hero who has done absolutely nothing wrong. People on the more-conspiratorial RWM (your Alex Joneses, Rick Wileses, and what have you) had been gradually publicly drifting away from Trump over the past few months, mostly because they've yes-anded themselves into saying he's solely responsible for the Kill Shots (vaccines), and that's a real problem for them. I'm sure a lot of the grifters were really hoping that ol' Ron DeSantis would poll better so that they could finally stop talking about him incessantly, but as of the 4th indictment all of them have snapped right back into saying he's a powerful Fighter for Christ and is our one last hope as a dying nation. Ignore the fact that they were saying he had the blood of millions on his hands two weeks ago.

Speaking of Rick Wiles, he's out of the studio next week, but they've scheduled a series of videos about who this Barry Soetoro character really is for the whole week. Ahh, simpler times.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I would have assumed (incorrectly) that the Right had moved on from their weird (and racist) Obama obsession, but then I see things like this-

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1691652570857529767?s=20

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

I would have assumed (incorrectly) that the Right had moved on from their weird (and racist) Obama obsession, but then I see things like this-

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1691652570857529767?s=20

Uhhh...what?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

Uhhh...what?

One of the guys on the panel, Dom Lucre, publicly posted (partially censored) CSAM on twitter, as a weird attempt to own the libs. He was initially banned but reinstated soon thereafter. From what I read the source material was from a particularly heinous piece even by the standards of CSAM. The guy very much should be in prison.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2023/07/27/twitter-csam-dom-lucre-elon-musk/

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Perestroika posted:

One of the guys on the panel, Dom Lucre, publicly posted (partially censored) CSAM on twitter, as a weird attempt to own the libs. He was initially banned but reinstated soon thereafter. From what I read the source material was from a particularly heinous piece even by the standards of CSAM. The guy very much should be in prison.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2023/07/27/twitter-csam-dom-lucre-elon-musk/
How the gently caress does our anime forum have stricter rules about that poo poo than Twitter

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

The Islamic Shock posted:

How the gently caress does our anime forum have stricter rules about that poo poo than Twitter

Because Elon Musk is a joke and proof that money doesn't buy class. Seriously, he's like one of the people driven off the forums back in the old days to create 4Chan but with infinite power and wealth to enact whatever his fevered brain can come up with.

BiggerBoat posted:

Booorrrn in the USA!

Hannity was doing his usual "here's the news the liberal fake news mob won't talk about" and said it's because the news media is obsessed 24/7 with Donald Trump. 91 felony counts and 4 indictments on a US president is apparently not newsworthy or especially historic or anything when obviously the real story is Hunter Biden and a laptop computer. He's lying, of course, because I read tons of articles about the Biden "scandal" and I don't look at a ton of RWM. So how do I know so much about it if that story is being buried?

The 180 these dickheads have made on law enforcement and its power is insane and vastly entertaining. They are (suddenly) incredibly concerned about prosecution overreach, aggressive law enforcement, the 4th amendment, wiretaps and selective two tiered application of the law now. Very upset with the noted, far left leaning, liberal government law enforcement agency called the FBI. The FBI who kept running files on commies like John Lennon, Jimmy Hendrix and Bob Dylan.

These are the people who want do away with due process, speed up death penalty cases, enact harsh sentences for weed smokers and purse snatchers and allow cops to murder people in the streets. The party of prisons over schools. The chanters of "lock her up". The ones who gave us the Patriot Act and tell us if we have nothing to hide, we have nothing to fear and put thin blue lines on the American flag.

They're gravely concerned about privacy rights, surveillance and the incredible power of law enforcement. Sounds like a bunch of liberal bullshit to me.

They don't really believe in anything. They believe in law and order up until it's inconvenient for the point they're making. Then when they're finished making that point they'll pivot right back to where they were. They believe nothing, they stand for nothing and they're going to make sure we all have nothing by the end. But at least those dadgum libs will be owned, I'll tell you what.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

I mean we figured out the hard way what happens if you let an anime forum go about unchecked.

What I'm saying is various countries should just fine twitter out of existence for it's own good.

By for it's own good, I mean everyone else own good, because who the hell cares about doing anything for the good of twitter.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
It gets better - he got a $2.000 payout from Twitter from their bullshit 'revenue sharing' scheme and then bitched at Musk that he got so little.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Perestroika posted:

So why hasn't the FBI charged him for possession of child pornography?

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Panfilo posted:

So why hasn't the FBI charged him for possession of child pornography?

He isn't one of Brandon's political enemies, duh.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Because unlike here, Elon musk runs twitter and guess what? Elon thinks it's funny to let people post child abuse. He's a sociopath.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

It was bad enough that Twitter bosses were summoned before the Australian parliament to explain themselves. They behaved about like you'd expect Elon's employees to behave.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/aug/10/twitter-x-restores-unbans-account-shared-child-abuse-material

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I swear to god, this is beyond self parody. Dude is like a Will Farrell character in real life

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/mike-lindell-big-election-crime-193923014.html

Mike Lindell’s Big ‘Election Crime’ Summit Flops at the Start

quote:

MAGA pillow magnate Mike Lindell kicked off his latest “election crime” summit on Wednesday by boasting how the “important” event would once and for all provide a “plan to secure our elections immediately.”

In true Lindell fashion, of course, the event went off the rails in only a matter of minutes, after he mistakenly aired a video of Jimmy Kimmel.

Following the indictment of former President Donald Trump for attempting to overthrow Georgia’s election results, Lindell further hyped up the Missouri conference by calling Trump the “real president” and vowing to unveil the “perfect,” divine-ordained plan to “bring hope to our country.” The pillow mogul added that he “kept this plan to secure our elections completely secret” and would reveal it all at the event.

However, at the start of Wednesday’s confab, Lindell told the crowd that he wouldn’t show any new evidence of rampant voter fraud, adding that he’d already shown enough in the past.
After taking the stage, a screen blared “Election Crime Bureau” behind him.

“This historical election summit is so important that it’s being broadcast around the world in 85 languages on FrankSpeech.com,” he declared. “This election summit is not going to be about more evidence. We have enough evidence. Evidence has been the easy part. This summit is all about hope and the plan to secure our elections immediately.”

He then directed the audience to the screen to watch a video, only to quickly grow flustered: It was the wrong video, showing Kimmel delivering a monologue. (The late-night host has famously hosted Lindell to roast the MyPillow chief over his conspiracy theories about the 2020 election being “stolen” from Trump.)

“No, no, no. This is the wrong one,” Lindell shouted as the crowd laughed. “This is the wrong one. Hold on. Well, that’s coming!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Levantine posted:

Because Elon Musk is a joke and proof that money doesn't buy class. Seriously, he's like one of the people driven off the forums back in the old days to create 4Chan but with infinite power and wealth to enact whatever his fevered brain can come up with.

There's no way to know and it would never matter in any way, but I would not be at all surprised to learn that Musk actually had an account here back in the day and flamed out trying to be a GBS or FYAD superstar.