Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1692144931006033955
loving lmao Zelensky making them seethe this much, it's unreal :blyat:

At least everyone else's reaction in the video is laughter. That's still good to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Ah yes. Here it comes.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

They're mobilizing men in the Moscow region.

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
Surely if I feed my other arm into that woodchipper it'll be different.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

A few pages ago I discussed the possibility of people resisting forced mobilization and regions pushing out the mobilizers. Let's see what happens. Will this be the straw that breaks the federal camels back?

Wait let me get this straight. Putin held an emergency meeting about the economy collapsing then is going to mobilize the work force into the army? How is that going to stave off collapse???

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

A few pages ago I discussed the possibility of people resisting forced mobilization and regions pushing out the mobilizers. Let's see what happens. Will this be the straw that breaks the federal camels back?

Wait let me get this straight. Putin held an emergency meeting about the economy collapsing then is going to mobilize the work force into the army? How is that going to stave off collapse???

You don't have to worry about the price or availability of bread when you can just steal it from your much, much more agriculturally productive neighbor :commissar:

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Absolutely nothing the Russian state has done in the last two years makes sense when viewed through the lens of logic.

Putin is a piece of poo poo.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1692140038824309137

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Once the new Tsar has reunited the Russian Empire, all will be well!

zone
Dec 6, 2016

I'd legitimately like to see how monke is going to feed, clothe, arm, and protect this new batch of would-be cannon fodder. I wonder if there are even enough small arms left in all of POCCNR to supply every unwilling combatant.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

If they are not alive then how can they revolt? :blindside:

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Hopefully it is the final straw but I'm skeptical.

Or maybe mobilize all of your workforce, capture Ukraine and make them fix the economy!

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

zone posted:

I'd legitimately like to see how monke is going to feed, clothe, arm, and protect this new batch of would-be cannon fodder. I wonder if there are even enough small arms left in all of POCCNR to supply every unwilling combatant.

They will have to supply all of their own clothes, food, and weapons; maybe in a recreation of the Iranian brigades during the Iran-Iraq war where the Iranians charged Iraqi positions armed only with the Quran.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1692151473956630769
Berdyansk, again. Small tobacco fire, nothing to see here.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Pine Cone Jones posted:

They will have to supply all of their own clothes, food, and weapons; maybe in a recreation of the Iranian brigades during the Iran-Iraq war where the Iranians charged Iraqi positions armed only with the Quran.

And still they will go. It's best to work from the assumption that if only Putin, Shoigu and five mobiks are left, the five will go into the trenches willingly.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

zone posted:

Luckily for them, they're repairing ties with North Korea and are presumably buying a poo poo ton of arms, ammunition, and military goods from them rn. Maybe that is one of the big reasons they're stealing foreign currency reserves from their citizens, even North Korea won't accept their kleptostani kopeks anymore :laugh:

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Barudak posted:

This is 100% the fault of the US militaries naming system, and just reinforces why the decadent west must be humbled

They should just name everything the M1 to avoid mistakes like this.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Mederlock posted:

Luckily for them, they're repairing ties with North Korea and are presumably buying a poo poo ton of arms, ammunition, and military goods from them rn. Maybe that is one of the big reasons they're stealing foreign currency reserves from their citizens, even North Korea won't accept their kleptostani kopeks anymore :laugh:

Last seen begging in Iran, now begging in North Korea

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

zone posted:

How many tens of millions of Moisins did Russia produce over 50 or so years?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Sashimi posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Sashimi posted:

How many of those tens of millions were exported out of country for milhist gun nerds around the world to buy? Hell, I have a Tula 1954 SKS in minty condition, I'll bet they regret selling all of those more than the mosin tbh.

Regardless, there are so many AKM's and AK-74's out there, in excess of 15 million+ out of just those 2, that I doubt small arms will ever be their bottleneck

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

I doubt small arms and their ammo is the biggest issue. I'm sure North Korea would be willing to ship them a bunch. Maybe even China if the volume is small/deniable enough.

Its everything else that is likely to be bottlenecks. From experienced personnel/officers, uniforms, radios, field kit, comms equipment, artillery, vehicles, etc. They've almost certainly already grabbed the low hanging fruit of leftover USSR stock. Whatever stocks are left is likely in much shittier condition or just not available in the needed numbers.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Mederlock posted:

How many of those tens of millions were exported out of country for milhist gun nerds around the world to buy? Hell, I have a Tula 1954 SKS in minty condition, I'll bet they regret selling all of those more than the mosin tbh.

Regardless, there are so many AKM's and AK-74's out there, in excess of 15 million+ out of just those 2, that I doubt small arms will ever be their bottleneck

and they can always use F2/F3 black powder in those shells right?

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1692147306437452062
The second army of the world is a bunch of homeless bums. Who'd have thunk?

Please, not all bums are terrible and steal stuff.

If you're gonna compare them to anyone, compare them to American cops: they steal and violence, ignore laws, they throw tantrums when called out, and it's all entirely voluntary.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
WaPo is reporting that Russia is close to being able to mass produce their own variation of the Shahed drone. Can't imagine that, combined with the possibility of more mobilisation would do anything but slow things down with meat shields and more attacks on infrastructure (and indeed, civillians) to create, if not a frozen conflict, at least a kind of sluggish one. Cool. Great.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Disco Pope posted:

WaPo is reporting that Russia is close to being able to mass produce their own variation of the Shahed drone. Can't imagine that, combined with the possibility of more mobilisation would do anything but slow things down with meat shields and more attacks on infrastructure (and indeed, civillians) to create, if not a frozen conflict, at least a kind of sluggish one. Cool. Great.

Hey, don't worry, Ukraine might get 30 tanks by the end of the year and a few planes in a couple more, it'll be awesome.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Tai posted:

Ruble will hopefully be back to 60-70 to the dollar within a month which is actually good.

Civis should see limited price disruption on day to day goods but it will impact the government in it's ability to buy foreign military aid and/or gently caress around else where. Russian foreign currency reserves are getting hammered if rich civis are being ordered to also buy rubles. There is also the conundrum facing Russian government. Do you use your limited foreign reserves for military stuff or civilian stuff? Even if the ruble comes back to 60-70, some countries/companies will not be letting you buy stuff with rubles for fear of another slide and being stuck with a poo poo load of devalued cash.

Russia has made a successful effort over the past decade to go from a net importer to a net exporter of food - for fairly obvious reasons. And of course it has more fossil fuels than it knows what to do with.

Unfortunately pharmaceuticals are still a net import, but at least one should be able to root for the ruble's collapse (and thus for the government's inability to fuel its MIC) without worrying that the Russian population will starve or freeze. Though they might find themselves eating more turnips and fewer tomatoes.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Very simple, we take 3 stolen washing machines, remove the motors and control boards and wedge them inside a kite, before we then tape it all to a chinese android phone and a car battery.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Step1: Give the Rosgardia heavy equipment
Step2: Announce mobilization
Step3: Rosgardia murders refusniks?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Tahirovic posted:

Why would anyone refuse the tsars orders?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Tahirovic posted:

Step0: Make sure you have heavy equipment beyond what Boris wrote down on a piece of paper from 2019 before Boris mysteriously vanished from the face of the Earth.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Mederlock posted:

I REALLY hope this doesn't result in the DMZ being replenished with actually working artillery and ammunition.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

NK being an arms supplier to Russia is not something I would have predicted, but they probably have a shitload of crappy extra stuff (relative to size/population)

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Flavahbeast posted:

Barack HUSSEIN Obama :bahgawd:

Hillary RODHAM Clinton.

Sounds like a biker.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

The (degaynerate, masculess) Westnoids have high unemployment. The (Glorious, Ever Victorious) Russians just gave everyone jobs!

DIG THE TRENCH, MEAT!

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Victis posted:

NK being an arms supplier to Russia is not something I would have predicted, but they probably have a shitload of crappy extra stuff (relative to size/population)

Russia probably promised a bunch of stuff once everything calms down and has no intention of following through more than likely.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

"In the army" doesn't necessarily mean "at the front". Just that the government gets to decide what and when they should work on. This could allow them to manage the economy directly, optimally allocating resources in a centralized fashion.

Wait a second...

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Tai posted:

Russia probably promised a bunch of stuff once everything calms down and has no intention of following through more than likely.

I'd wager the golden egg is nuclear weapons tech, seeing as how NK is being primed to be one of russia's new world axis partners. Its the biggest paradigm shifting action they can enact and likely one of the few things NK would bend over backwards in support of russia for.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
those new lovely AKs with no mechanism to clean out the gas thingy were rare enough at the beginning of the 3 day smo we saw lots of rotting guns then. can the russian logistics get guns into the hands of the mobiks even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

those new lovely AKs with no mechanism to clean out the gas thingy were rare enough at the beginning of the 3 day smo we saw lots of rotting guns then. can the russian logistics get guns into the hands of the mobiks even