Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

:heysexy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

bang, bang, bang
pull my penis lever

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

zoux posted:

This thing, this small box or case that I keep my sewing needles in? It's an etui, a term which everyone knows and uses commonly, you rube.

oh no! i've been calling it a royal dansk all this time!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Zetsubou-san posted:

One loving vowel? FOH.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Whooping Crabs posted:

Now post hello.jpg

He's an entrepreneur and gonna sell those as avocado toast you stupid millennial ! Then he's going to buy more houses and charge crippling rent!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

zoux posted:

One loving vowel? FOH.

If you learned English from crossword puzzles you'd think things get described as "eely" a whole lot more than they really are

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Hyperlynx posted:

I like the doofy skins, but I have no idea why everyone likes winamp so much, and if I'd known foobar existed back then I'd have started using it back then. Because it loving obeys the UI conventions of the system instead of doing whatever it goddamn pleases!

WinAmp was one of the first MP3 players that actually worked (relatively) well so it got a lot of userbase inertia from that alone.

zoux posted:

This thing, this small box or case that I keep my sewing needles in? It's an etui, a term which everyone knows and uses commonly, you rube.

Almost as bad as those Game Night kids who memorized the Scrabble Bible so they can play "words" like qi and za :jerkbag:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Zetsubou-san posted:

You mean that thing next to the epee? Sorry you erred.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I still use WinAmp

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
May I request a repost of all the "Bear Grylls drinks his own pee" memes?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

I still use WinAmp

Same. In fact they did an update not long ago and still rules.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Guillermus posted:

Same. In fact they did an update not long ago and still whips the llama's rear end.

shameful miss.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I too use WinAmp. And I uniformly tag, rename and save my music under c:\mp3\album\artistname\albumname\

I think this is the digital equivalent of only listening to vinyl records. It's about as practical anyway.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Shouts out ID3 genre tags and quibbling over which songs should be tagged which genre. Except Primus, the only band that is its own genre.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Beeswax posted:

I too use WinAmp. And I uniformly tag, rename and save my music under c:\mp3\album\artistname\albumname\

I think this is the digital equivalent of only listening to vinyl records. It's about as practical anyway.

Your folder structure makes sense on the surface, but I will need to see your filenames before I will even look at your Winamp skin.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

LookieLoo posted:

Your folder structure makes sense on the surface, but I will need to see your filenames before I will even look at your Winamp skin.

Artist Name - Album Name - Song Name - Track #

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

LookieLoo posted:

Music number 1
Music number 2
Etc

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Large Testicles posted:

What the gently caress, dude?!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Radio Paranoia posted:

What the gently caress, dude?!

redundancy is important in critical systems

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Lib and let die posted:

bang, bang, bang
pull my penis lever

better nate than lever

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Large Testicles posted:

Blur Blur Song 2 2

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lib and let die posted:

shameful miss.

Indeed and I'm sorry :ohdear:

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

LookieLoo posted:

[track no] - [artist] - [title].mp3

all lowercase. default winamp skin. thank you for your inquiry!

edit for a single honest to god meme in the meme thread

Beeswax has a new favorite as of 19:32 on Aug 17, 2023

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Lib and let die posted:

They get it

Also all the id3 info has been meticulously curated

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

LookieLoo posted:

[guid].mp3 and my playlist is sorted alphabetically

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Shouts out ID3 genre tags and quibbling over which songs should be tagged which genre. Except Primus, the only band that is its own genre.

It's ok, you can file Primus straight into the recycle bin

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

zoux posted:

They don't, only crossword puzzle constructors do.

I used to think John Lithgow was a super fascinating and cool guy and then he made a crossword where he spelled “cockswain” as “coxun”. So now we’re enemies. He’ll pay for his crimes.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Large Testicles posted:

This is violence.

Dabir posted:

It's ok, you can file Primus straight into the recycle bin

Primus sucks.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Beeswax posted:

edit for a single honest to god meme in the meme thread

Lib and let die posted:

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

nexous posted:

[guid].mp3 and my playlist is sorted alphabetically

You work at AWS don't you?

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Ah gently caress, that whole page timed out in the awful app and when I clicked last read it jumped me to the next page. I am undone.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

--id3 tags - curated and loving impeccable

--Folder structure - mostly one big folder with the odd album or artist folder thrown in for variety. A literal shitshow

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

everything just goes in 'downloads'

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Lib and let die posted:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Lib and let die posted:

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
I have a massive folder of mp3s that I accidentally let a program rearrange a decade ago and I've never had the heart to go back and fix it all.

But it's still there. Streaming services cover most of my needs these days but UGH they're missing so many specific remixes and things

https://youtu.be/KxGoS-BkwyE

https://youtu.be/8zr2RasTC_I

Put these on Spotify god drat it 😡

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
The proper sorting in any media player is Album Artist>Year(descending)>Track(ascending).