Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

I GO TO AMERIIICCCAAAAA!!!!!

nadmonk posted:

Or this lovely Malibu I found when I went to the grocery store one day:

That think could just as easily be an Altima.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

That think could just as easily be an Altima.

I came to this realization about altimas...you see one cutting through traffic, speeding, banged up on the side, temporary plates, you think to yourself "what are the odds that this already banged up car would suddenly sideswipe me? haven't they learned their lesson? No! Their car is like that precisely because they will never learn that lesson."

anyway, I give them a wide berth since I've almost been hit by them a few times.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

The only part of this that's surprising is the "almost".

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

I GO TO AMERIIICCCAAAAA!!!!!

They're coming to America
Every time that flag's unfurled
Got a dream to take them there
Got a dream they've come to share

TODAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

LifeSunDeath posted:

I came to this realization about altimas...you see one cutting through traffic, speeding, banged up on the side, temporary plates, you think to yourself "what are the odds that this already banged up car would suddenly sideswipe me? haven't they learned their lesson? No! Their car is like that precisely because they will never learn that lesson."

anyway, I give them a wide berth since I've almost been hit by them a few times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH2LkFlXGlw

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

holy poo poo I'm not the only one.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I just call it Nissan energy, it conveniently puts the chaotic, nihilistic aggressiveness that all their sedan and Z platform drivers share, even if they express it in distinct ways

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

The Door Frame posted:

I just call it Nissan energy, it conveniently puts the chaotic, nihilistic aggressiveness that all their sedan and Z platform drivers share, even if they express it in distinct ways

Covers Infiniti too since the g series stuff is affordable to the worst drivers too

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

Covers Infiniti too since the g series stuff is affordable to the worst drivers too

oof I feel seen, but I'm a great driver and only spun out once (didn't hit anything tho! I got the tires changed not long after and now I have tons of grip).

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
is there anyone in this subforum who hasnt spun a car?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

does 270 degrees count

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

Keeping all the tires on the ground? No, I haven't.

Do a (multiple) barrel roll(s) Sure have, wouldn't recommend it.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
I've spun on Streets of Willow and Thunderhill :smug:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

:stare:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
buddy you in a ram. the only thing cummin is you and even then that shits too little for a cummins.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Do any of these fuckers ever blast into the gas station and have like a huge cum shot

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

God I hope not.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
I ran across this the other day. The issue was not a failed balljoint like I first assumed; the entire UCA ripped off the frame due to rust. This is a highway offramp, too, this thing was just going 70.
I'm glad that safety inspections are keeping the roads safe... I was hauling a heavy trailer and while trying to maneuver around this poo poo i didn't notice whether or not it had a sticker.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
just waking up in Alabama here. Vehicle ins....pec-...tion?

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

GD_American posted:

just waking up in Alabama here. Vehicle ins....pec-...tion?

yea it's some stupid bullshit that pays the salary of dealership lobbyists.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

Like, on purpose?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Like, on purpose?

Yeah, I’ve never spun anytime that wasn’t on purpose. I’ve also never been to a track so I’ve never gone full out, gently caress doing that on the street.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

i've spun a car on accident on track and on the road. Wintertime will get you and if you don't know what to do about it, you're in for a bad ride.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

chrisgt posted:

i've spun a car on accident

By accident. (on purpose)

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.
I think my list of accidental spins is 180°, 270° and 180°, so no full spins for me. And "accidental" in the sense I was asking for it every time.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I think the farthest I've gotten is about 120° before I nearly tore a wheel off on the curb

E: further if you count the car still skidding

I guess I did flip my old Civic around on food trays, that totally counts as a good >200°

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Aug 17, 2023

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

chrisgt posted:

Wintertime will get you and if you don't know what to do about it, you're in for a bad ride.

I was a reactive poo poo and sped up a bit (in my Corolla) after being passed (by a WRX) on the snowy campus ring road years ago. Crested a small rise that was part way around a bend. Didn't spin but ended up mostly sideways (one way, then the other) as the rear lost traction, though I managed to save it and crawled the rest of the way while pulling the seat out of my rear end. Formative moment for me in becoming an actual adult for sure.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I have never lost control of my vehicle.
I have never intentionally tried to spin a vehicle either.

I am a safe and sensible driver.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

Do any of these fuckers ever blast into the gas station and have like a huge cum shot

:tipshat:

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
I’ve been a passenger in an Astro that did a 630 barrel roll and I wasn’t wearing my seatbelt at the time (young and very dumb). The only reason I was ok is that we were only doing like 35 and I saw the roll coming so I death gripped the seatbelt in front of me. My friend next to me wasn’t as lucky, his leg ended up getting caught under the van after one of the windows shattered and he ended up having to have all sorts of surgery on it and has a titanium rod in his lower leg pretty much instead of bone

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Leperflesh posted:

I have never lost control of my vehicle.
I have never intentionally tried to spin a vehicle either.

I am a safe and sensible driver.

And everybody respects you for it.

I spun a few times in a 24 hours of lemons race, but to be fair we didn't put the rear suspension back together correctly.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I got my driver's license at 16 mid-winter and my first vehicle was V8, RWD, and like 70/30 weight distro.

we spun

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Also never spun, but I've been sideways more than a few times (and some of those were even on purpose!).

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh yeah I got a flat tire by driving the rear wheel over a curb once, taking the corner a bit too tight. That was an accident I guess, but I didn't lose control.

I used to do 360+s in my big wheel when I was a kid. I wore all the way through the right heel on multiple pairs of sneakers doing that, I'd get goign as fast as possbile and then jam my heel into the sidewalk. IIRC I could get just about 1.5 rotations at max speed and recklessness. Maybe I got it out of my system by the time I was 8?

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I spun my buddy's dads 1984 Fiero in the rain once just going around a turn in a mall parking lot. then we drove it across a high school football field and then got caught by my buddys dad and got yelled at very loudly because we werent supposed to be driving it. This was in the mid 90s and the car was mint with less than 10000 miles on it (but OG tires yikes)

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.
That reminded me of a friend's experience driving a '94 Jaguar XJ6 on winter roads. They were traveling in traffic on a straight road at constant speed, when suddenly, without him being aware of anything he had done, they were traveling backwards before sliding into a ditch.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Was up north dog sledding years ago and on the way back to the rental cottage after going to the liquor store in town. Was with my gf of the time and a coworker. Road was snow covered with banks on both sides so I probably would have just had to dig myself out, but I was going faster than I probably should have been.

Going around the curves I was losing the back just slightly for a half second or so before getting it back. At one point co worker and gf were both like "maybe you should slow down just a bit"?

I said "nah I'm good". Two seconds later, when I was on a straight part of the road back end kicks out and I'm not perpendicular to the road but I did get *very* sideways.

Corrected too much and got sideways the other direction. There must have been half a dozen total times where I switched directions, each one slightly less than the last before I finally got straight again. At which point I agreed with my passengers that a slower speed might be a good idea.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

It’s impressive that those wheels hold air in that configuration.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Like, on purpose?

Only once on purpose. Taking a friend to an autox for his first time and wanted to convey both send it and both feet in. Asked him if he was cool with it, he was, yeeted it in a slalom.

All the rest have been oops at autox or at the track. Cowardice will not be permitted mid corner in a fwd car mostly.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

One time I was getting tailgated in snow by some moron upset I was going over the limit. I spun a full 360 at one point, slow enough I could smile and wave at the moron as I continued my pirouette.

He then increased his follow distance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

Almost but not yet.