Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Kirby Super Star power?
This poll is closed.
Beam 3 1.79%
Bomb 3 1.79%
Cook 1 0.60%
Copy 3 1.79%
Crash 1 0.60%
Cutter 5 2.98%
Fighter 5 2.98%
Fire 3 1.79%
Hammer 13 7.74%
Ice 3 1.79%
Jet 3 1.79%
Mike (sic) 14 8.33%
Mirror 11 6.55%
Ninja 5 2.98%
Paint 0 0%
Parasol 2 1.19%
Plasma 4 2.38%
Sleep 9 5.36%
Starship 5 2.98%
Stone 6 3.57%
Suplex 22 13.10%
Sword 20 11.90%
Wheel 6 3.57%
Wing 6 3.57%
Yo-Yo 15 8.93%
Total: 168 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Referenced without ever being directly experienced?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

goatface posted:

:hai:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

hitting someone with a truck is just about the manliest thing there is

This is why Kirby and The Forgotten Lands is the GOTY.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I wish that good games hooked me in the same way mediocre grinding games do. I play 20 minutes of Pizza Tower in a month and go "hoo boy, that's enough for me" before dropping 3 hours on some poo poo that I forget about immediately after closing the window.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

sirtommygunn posted:

I wish that good games hooked me in the same way mediocre grinding games do. I play 20 minutes of Pizza Tower in a month and go "hoo boy, that's enough for me" before dropping 3 hours on some poo poo that I forget about immediately after closing the window.

I'm the same way with TV. I can binge entire seasons of House M.D., but I'll do a couple episodes of The Wire then be depressed for a couple days.

Good art takes a lot out of you!

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Srice posted:

One time a guy called me a pussy for not fighting like a man (I ran him over with a truck)

sent that dude to another world

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

External Organs posted:

Y'all ready for Skull and Bones to be the video game equivalent of Marcel Proust's In Search of Lost Time?

Oh, there's already a videogame version of that, made for a french game jam. You play Proust on an idle afternoon in his country house, searching for meaningless activities to perform so you can fill your lost time meter, like boiling and eating a madeleine.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In Latin America the Xbox one was called the Xbox uno?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

My PS5 controller is starting to get stick drift :( the right stick keeps drifting up. Can this be fixed or do I need a new PS5?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

In Latin America the Xbox one was called the Xbox uno?

Jboj

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

streaming again

this time it's papa's freezeria deluxe

gonna play this and complain that the rest of the papa's libraria of games is not available on gabe n's steamaria

https://twitch.tv/Sunshinekaseybee

come join it'll be fun :)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Gripweed posted:

My PS5 controller is starting to get stick drift :( the right stick keeps drifting up. Can this be fixed or do I need a new PS5?

Unless you’re very comfortable with soldering it’s very hard to do yourself. Maybe try messaging Sony but in my experience they have terrible customer service

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't think you need to get an entire new console for stick drift

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

goatface posted:

that's Infinite Jest

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Waffleman_ posted:

you do

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They weren't lying, that Yakuza bread is graphically impressive

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

Picked up the Gulikit Pro 2, and the sticks are really nice.

My big issue is the buttons are some kind of plastic/resin and prone to friction sticking, so button mashing is not recommended.

Also they came with a spare set of buttons to match the controller lettering scheme of your choice, but getting into the controller properly is three kinds of pain in the rear end. Long-rear end USB-C cord and button toggle for windows/mobile/switch. It also wasn't that much more than a standard switch controller, so I basically bought a replacement for the PC in one.

Personally, I can't wait for good controller design to make some Hall effect tech and free gaming from wear-related stick drift.

I'm still gonna gently caress up the stick until it's floppy in the socket with that wind-up minigame from Mario Party though.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
There’s the 8bitdo Ultimate (well one of the many variations anyway), which I’m going getting as soon as it goes on a deeper sale (and I happen to have the disposable income).

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

goatface posted:

:golfclap:

I get this because unlike some uncultured philistines, I am intimately familiar with Proust..... being summarized poorly in a Monty Python skit :mmmsmug:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Lmao at Ichiban coming into 2019 and immediately being confused by iPhone and vape

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If Kiryu is a Himbo

Ichiban is One Local Dumbass/Florida Man

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

thanks everyone who popped into my stream!

hoping i'll do another stream tomorrow doing more papa's freezeria

had a lot of fun and hope you had fun too

love ya!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i was kinda torn on which companion i should romance in bg3 but now a certain character with big beefy biceps has joined my party and i am no longer torn

he's so dreamy :allears:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Tonight I am going up against Von Karma for day 2 of case 4.
No clue how to solve this mystery as of yet but his 'Objection' sound bite is one of the best noises I have ever heard :3:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Phoenix Wright's use of sound bites and music is beyond reproach.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Von Karma is arguably the single best prosecutor in the series, at least as an opponent. Other prosecutors are arguably better characters but facing off against Karma feels so epic and that all the odds are against you.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

AceOfFlames posted:

Von Karma is arguably the single best prosecutor in the series, at least as an opponent. Other prosecutors are arguably better characters but facing off against Karma feels so epic and that all the odds are against you.

The way he completely controls every word his witnesses say and you have to desperately claw for a single slip up to get a foothold is so good.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

VideoGames posted:

Tonight I am going up against Von Karma for day 2 of case 4.
No clue how to solve this mystery as of yet but his 'Objection' sound bite is one of the best noises I have ever heard :3:

It's so much better than the Japanese version, which just feels like a kinda deep-voiced guy, not like a friggin demon clawing out of hell to stop you from cross examining witnesses.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgCxJFMh1h8

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP4Kg6dHrUs

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

If they did a PSP that could play PS4 games, I don't think they'd have to make another console for at least 15 years.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

My brain says "Nice to meet you"

My heart says "Welcome home"

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Gripweed posted:

If they did a PSP that could play PS4 games, I don't think they'd have to make another console for at least 15 years.

They'd probably gently caress it up somehow like they have all their handhelds. Proprietary nonsense, abysmal marketing, devs not figuring out what it means to develop for a handheld, etc.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Man I was so close to being caught up on Yakuza, only had Like a Dragon left to play and they've added like 5 more games since then.

This is the opposite of a complaint.

Bad Guy: Hehehe, how about I threaten your orphanage :twisted:
Kiryu:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Morpheus posted:

They'd probably gently caress it up somehow like they have all their handhelds. Proprietary nonsense, abysmal marketing, devs not figuring out what it means to develop for a handheld, etc.

They did not gently caress up the PSP. The PSP was glorious. It's the fault of other companies for not embracing the UHD

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Kiryu:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

loving perfect :lol:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jerusalem posted:

Kiryu:

for real, I was laughing so goddamn hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I can't remember why is this one a gaiden and not a mainline game?