Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I feel like it’s probably fine to add now as this league is hardly serious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Oh I just assumed it was fractional. If it's not there already and I'm able to, I'll add the fractional yards, yeah.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Also, tarbrush I *think* lives in the not-US, so I feel a bit bad about just throwing the six hour decree right when their turn started. So, they have until 11:00 PM EDT to make the pick (the customary 12 hour rule) and then thereafter I'll move it to six hours.

Calvinball rear end draft I'm running here, I know.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Nah, it's cool, it's early evening here. Doesn't give me any idea who to draft, but hey.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Can we draft a D/ST if the guy’s a returner or gunner or are we sticking with defensive snaps

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

t a s t e posted:

Can we draft a D/ST if the guy’s a returner or gunner or are we sticking with defensive snaps

I think let's just stick to defense. Too much effort to see if an offensive player might also play ST and the language to this point has been about defensive players only.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Fuckit, Nelson Agholor, now of the Ravens, previously of the Patriots

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Zappe Hour selects Cordarrelle Patterson, WR/RB ATL, ex-Pat.

Yeah I know he's injured and has two dudes in front of him now.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 17, 2023

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I almost nabbed Patterson with my pick.

Oh, been sitting on this feedback re: the Shakir pick because I didn't want anyone taking my guy: Trent Sherfield is probably going to be the WR3 in Buffalo and Shakir's struggles with drops will probably put him deeper on the bench.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

fsif posted:

I almost nabbed Patterson with my pick.

Oh, been sitting on this feedback re: the Shakir pick because I didn't want anyone taking my guy: Trent Sherfield is probably going to be the WR3 in Buffalo and Shakir's struggles with drops will probably put him deeper on the bench.

NOW he tells me!

I drafted him in dynasty last year figuring that Gabe Davis was just a guy and would eventually be replaced. :(

Also same on Cord Patty.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Zappe Hour selects Cordarrelle Patterson, WR/RB ATL, ex-Pat.

Yeah I know he's injured and has two dudes in front of him now.

drat you!

Nov 6, 2002

What was the verdict on trading?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Ha I was going to take Cordarelle.

I'll take Michael Carter, RB, NYJ

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

What was the verdict on trading?

Too much overhead for me.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Dang I'd have taken Cord last pick if I'd known about KR yards, ah well.

Edit: Ah gently caress me, Sleeper didn't have Taco on the 49ers roster so I figured they were ineligible lol.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 17, 2023

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Eeny meeny miney ugh.... uh... Kendrick Bourne I guess?

Nov 6, 2002

Quiet Feet posted:

Eeny meeny miney ugh.... uh... Kendrick Bourne I guess?

I think he's actually a great pick here unironically if he can recapture his 2021 season, and it sounds like he's gonna go back to that role from reports. He's getting a lot of underneath passes and tosses out of the backfield.

I'll probably regret taking CPat instead.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah maybe the Durham Smythe pick was premature. Bourne is a player.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Okay, new six hour rule and accounting for the midnight–8 AM break, Fate Accomplice has until 9:30 AM tomorrow or else mcmagic can go ahead with their pick.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Demario Douglas, Patriots WR

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

First guy I've officially never heard of has been selected.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Chase Edmonds, Bucs

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Kenyan Drake, Colts

Nov 6, 2002

fsif posted:

First guy I've officially never heard of has been selected.

He's about to be a household name. :smugdog:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

He's about to be a household name. :smugdog:

Did he kill someone?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Bengals D/ST via Michael Thomas (no, not that one), ex-MIA

Hopefully he counts? He is listed as a safety and did play some defensive snaps last year according to PFR

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

In best-ball fantasy, is it possible to have a player rostered twice (e.g. once as WR and once as FLEX) if they are your highest scoring flex option? Or are your best two WRs picked for the WR slot and your remaining WRs compete for the FLEX roster spots each week?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Fsif could you please confirm if you managed to add return yards? Seems like Sleeper puts the setting for it under D/ST but also has a way for it to count for individuals too?

Knowing if it's workable will prob tilt my next pick a certain direction, thanks.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

In best-ball fantasy, is it possible to have a player rostered twice (e.g. once as WR and once as FLEX) if they are your highest scoring flex option? Or are your best two WRs picked for the WR slot and your remaining WRs compete for the FLEX roster spots each week?

Nope, each player can only occupy one slot. Best ball with automatically optimize your lineup for the highest possible scoring configuration, though. So I guess practically speaking, that probably means it'll first take your highest scoring WRs, RBs, and TE and put them in their designated slots, then take the two highest remaining FLEX-eligible players (WR, RB, TE) and place them in the two FLEX slots.

kalensc posted:

Fsif could you please confirm if you managed to add return yards? Seems like Sleeper puts the setting for it under D/ST but also has a way for it to count for individuals too?

Knowing if it's workable will prob tilt my next pick a certain direction, thanks.

It's an option in Sleeper but I don't think I ever said I was going to add it? If I did say that earlier I'll of course put them in, but kind of late in the draft for me to add something like that in willy-nilly right now.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Hard to do this after the draft already started but we should've included at least fractional return yardage as a way to get more skill players that are draftable.

fsif posted:

Oh I just assumed it was fractional. If it's not there already and I'm able to, I'll add the fractional yards, yeah.

Ah, poo poo, okay, I misread mcmagic's original post; namely, I missed the word "return." I thought he was just asking about fractional points for yards in general (i.e., 23 receiving yards could still be 2.3 points rather than 2 points).

Sorry about all that. So no, not going to put in return yards into the scoring because we're too late in the draft and that theoretically would swing someone's previous choices.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Ok cool thsnks for the clarification, I'll pick shortly.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Isaiah McKenzie, WR, ex-BUF

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Zack Moss

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

lol was wondering when he would go.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

He was meant for me

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

I'll go with:

Matt Breida, RB, ex-MIA and ex-BUF

and

Latavius Murray, RB, BUF

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Braxton Berrios

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

C.J. Uzomah, TE, NYJ

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Mack Hollins, WR, ex-MIA

why yes I am thrilled to be drafting the WR2 on one of the run heaviest teams of the last decade who is gonna be 30 this year and has exactly one kinda-ok season. why do you ask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Docjowles posted:

Mack Hollins, WR, ex-MIA

why yes I am thrilled to be drafting the WR2 on one of the run heaviest teams of the last decade who is gonna be 30 this year and has exactly one kinda-ok season. why do you ask

I was wondering when he would go (a truly sick thing to be wondering)