Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I also just remembered when they showed one of Linda's campaign videos on Have I Got News For You. Unfortunately I can't find the clip, but the video featured Kane piledriving Linda on the entrance ramp and Michael Cole screaming "STEPHANIE JUST SLAPPED HER MOTHER!!".

This was interpreted by Ian Hislop as 'vote for us or we'll hurt you".

I'm pretty sure I brought this up years ago here and was informed that it wasn't actually a real campaign video but one someone else had done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Hoss Corncave posted:

I'm pretty sure I brought this up years ago here and was informed that it wasn't actually a real campaign video but one someone else had done.

Aww man. Still funny though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tomorrow's the big day

quote:

Edge's match on SmackDown this week could be the last of his career.

He spoke with ET Canada ahead of Friday's show in his hometown of Toronto and revealed that his contract expires after he wrestles Sheamus that night. The 49-year-old also said he isn't sure if his wrestling career will continue after.

"Here's what I can honestly say, and this isn't the answer that everybody is going to want: I truly don't know," he responded when asked if Friday will be his final match. "I can with 100% truth say 'I don't know.' And that's strange for me but I don't. I really, really don't. I've put some thought into it, but not a lot."

"This is the last match on my current contract. So, I don't know. I honestly don't know. I probably won't know until I get to the locker room that night and just decompress," he continued.

"I'm going to be 50 in October. It's not easy anymore. Before, what I used to just take for granted to be able to do, now there's a process and there's a fallout, and there's a lot. It's the dream gig but it's getting really hard."

Edge cut an off-air promo on the August 22, 2022 Raw from Toronto and teased possibly retiring in a year's time.

"I'm looking at the calendar, and we usually come here in August. So next August, I plan on seeing each and every one of you. And in a perfect world, we all say goodbye to each other that night," Edge said to the live crowd.

His trainer Ron Hutchinson also noted in a recent social media post that Friday could be Edge's last match

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Already anticipating the pop when Adam Copeland debuts at Wembley

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Cage and Copeland :kamina:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Where Punk fans live

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Rarity posted:

Where Punk fans live

the war between Copeland and Seetheland is eternal

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Metalingus is just a normal Alter Bridge song, there's nothing stopping them from getting the rights :getin:

Actually knowing Tony he'll probably get Coming Home to pop the three people in 2009 who remember when that was a rumor.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Let's go Adam

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gotta catch all the Adams

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Rarity posted:

Already anticipating the pop when Adam Copeland debuts at Wembley

Ready for MJF vs. Adam Colepeland

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Metalingus is just a normal Alter Bridge song, there's nothing stopping them from getting the rights :getin:

Actually knowing Tony he'll probably get Coming Home to pop the three people in 2009 who remember when that was a rumor.

gently caress that, tony should pay rob zombie entirely too much money for a forgotten minor attempt at a hit

Yeah my durango, number 95

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

rotinaj posted:

gently caress that, tony should pay rob zombie entirely too much money for a forgotten minor attempt at a hit

Yeah my durango, number 95

LMAO just posted in the AEW thread

YEEAH MY DURANGO.

It was his best theme

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Rarity posted:

Already anticipating the pop when Sexton Hardcastle debuts at Wembley

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Malcolm Excellent posted:

YEEAH MY DURANGO.

It was his best theme

Yeah isn’t alter bridge the band that was just the guys from creed being sick of the singer’s poo poo and making a new creed? I’ve never listened to another song of there’s but that’s just some shameful slumming compared to even a remotely decent rob zombie song.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

What I'm getting here is that he's shelling out for Three Lions to pop the crowd at Wembley. Tony, Tony, Tony...

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

i dont remember Edge being on good nxt

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

killed my joke by remembering the wrong song move along please

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Adam Elite Wrestling

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

mooseinfants posted:

Adam Elite Wrestling

All Edge Wrestling

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Mr Money in the Plane

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

YEEAH MY DURANGO.

It was his best theme

agreed. rob zombie should be more wrestlers themes, how sick would thunderkiss be as a theme

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

shiksa posted:

agreed. rob zombie should be more wrestlers themes, how sick would thunderkiss be as a theme
let me introduce you to a promotion called ecw

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

shiksa posted:

I feel so old.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Mr Money in the Plane

I'd believe you if you said that loving an alligator was a cyn gimmick match

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
It's called the money plane.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I was clearly not thinking big enough and would like to formally apologize to both Edge and Rob Zombie

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

shiksa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QfIWjiEgFg

I forgot he never paid Trent Reznor too

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Darius Emmanuel Grouch III aka The Rumble should be the onscreen authority figure in nXt

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wanna see a guy gently caress up a move? WWE

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lol

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Quantum of Phallus posted:

New thread title when the next botch happens

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Lid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QfIWjiEgFg

I forgot he never paid Trent Reznor too

well foolish me. ive found some incomplete attempts to redub the good stolen music back in but I never truly got the full ecw experience :( wrestling is better w licensed music, doubly so if its not cleared, its part of why aaa rules

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

shiksa posted:

well foolish me. ive found some incomplete attempts to redub the good stolen music back in but I never truly got the full ecw experience :( wrestling is better w licensed music, doubly so if its not cleared, its part of why aaa rules

Torrents of VHS rip quality ECW TV exist. The entire run. Sure, the video quality is rough as hell but it has a charm to it all, feels appropriate for ECW to look so grainy. Worth it to have the audio as broadcast.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Edge should go back to the Sexton Hardcastle name.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
ECW used a crazy amount of licensed music and never had permission for any of it.

EDIT: Maybe Rob Zombie was okay with it, I remember him doing that "This is Extreme loving Championship Wrestling" bit.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

ECW used a crazy amount of licensed music and never had permission for any of it.

Picturing the RIAA telling Paul Heyman “Pay us for the rights or we’ll sue” and Heyman shrugging and going “sue me for what?”

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

forkboy84 posted:

Torrents of VHS rip quality ECW TV exist. The entire run. Sure, the video quality is rough as hell but it has a charm to it all, feels appropriate for ECW to look so grainy. Worth it to have the audio as broadcast.

If someone was bored enough they could probably also take whatever upscaled versions are on Peacock or whatever and splice them with the old audio, but I do agree that there some sweet charm in watching it in a shittier quality

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

If someone was bored enough they could probably also take whatever upscaled versions are on Peacock or whatever and splice them with the old audio, but I do agree that there some sweet charm in watching it in a shittier quality

someone started doing that with the ECW PPVs but I don’t think they got very far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pope Corky the IX posted:

EDIT: Maybe Rob Zombie was okay with it, I remember him doing that "This is Extreme loving Championship Wrestling" bit.

It was dumber than that from what I remember. Between The Sheets did several great deep-dives on ECW on their patreon. I'm not subbed right now so can't really go back and find the bit but the gist was that Paul had a friend who ran a public access music video show or something of that ilk & somehow he convinced...someone? (the networks? Record companies? I can't remember) that he had the rights to use the music because that other show had the rights. It seems to not make much sense to me & I'm absolutely remembering at least part of this wrong, but if Bix sees this he can correct me.