Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Weaponized Cum posted:

Filmore is closed for renovations. There are no real mid-sized venues here. It sucks. Revolution gets good shows but it's so packed and the A/C simply does not work so the experience is abysmal.

Respectables is fine. It's dingy and the drinks are stiff and appropriately priced. Saw Of Montreal there last year and it was fun.

Outdoor shows at Revolution are awesome if the show in question happens to fall on one of the nine days of winter we get. It’s a crapshoot though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzoIcVrPEPk

It's like, melodic oi?

Longpig Bard fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Aug 10, 2023

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQDk68zjDLE

This was the only result for "melodic oi" on youtube but it rips

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

I can't stop listening to these guys. The new promo tape especially but it all rips.

https://concealedblade.bandcamp.com/

https://beachimpedimentrecords.bandcamp.com/album/concealed-blade

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Concealed Blade are great, glad they're back doing stuff again. saw em in like 2016 maybe? they ripped.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Any time a wigglestick gets utiliized in my hardcore I'm a happy camper. Really hope they a) release the new album soon and b) tour behind it because they are very high up on my list of bands I want to see live.

Unrelated, but just remembered I'm going to the Mr. Bungle show on September 8th and then going to the Gorilla Biscuits / Cold World / hosed Up show on September 9th and and an old man I'm already feeling tired.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

butros posted:

Any time a wigglestick gets utiliized in my hardcore I'm a happy camper. Really hope they a) release the new album soon and b) tour behind it because they are very high up on my list of bands I want to see live.

Unrelated, but just remembered I'm going to the Mr. Bungle show on September 8th and then going to the Gorilla Biscuits / Cold World / hosed Up show on September 9th and and an old man I'm already feeling tired.

What the gently caress is a wigglestick?? Do you mean whammy bar?

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Yes, yes I do.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

If anyone wants to go see The Armed in NYC, tickets on sale and presale code is

REFRACT

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
This comp is ridiculous https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwHI8R6wh78

Hawak
Jeromes Dream
Meth
Massa Nera
Frail Body
Soul Glo
NØ MAN
Gillian Carter

Tons of other bands

If you like screamo don't miss it

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

If anyone wants to go see The Armed in NYC, tickets on sale and presale code is

REFRACT

Guess I'm seeing them back to back in Boston and NYC.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Banzai 3 posted:

This is solidly pop punk but I cannot stop listening. Bearings - Live Forever Never Die

https://youtu.be/Ok2woLGb54E

This whole album is out now and it rules hard. Thanks for posting. Considering making a dedicated pop-punk thread seeing how the only good one SA has ever had was called something garbage like the “scenecore” thread

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think that thread was pointed more towards stuff like My Chemical Romance etc. More jet black overstyled haircut stuff than pop punk, Gods own music genre.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I can't help but love pop punk honestly

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

It's fun music

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
I'm too maladjusted to enjoy pop punk.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Nightmare Cinema posted:

What about Masked Intruder? Surely you have to be maladjusted to like them

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Aug 18, 2023

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nightmare Cinema posted:

oh i thought that was why i liked pop punk

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Nightmare Cinema posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DOFsV0lxtQ

Or really: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFbOK4VeaeM

fyallm fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Aug 18, 2023

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I've enjoyed the Heart Attack Man and Mulligan albums this year and am pumped for Sincere Engineer as well, and that Say Anything track kinda whipped even if it was loving wonky lol

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

No need to dilute this thread. The title covers pop punk pretty well?

Edit: Digging Bearings!

Junkenstein fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Aug 18, 2023

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

What about Masked Intruder? Surely you have to be mapadjusted to like them

What's topography got to do with it

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I've enjoyed the Heart Attack Man and Mulligan albums this year and am pumped for Sincere Engineer as well, and that Say Anything track kinda whipped even if it was loving wonky lol

Sincere Engineer kicks so much rear end

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

What the gently caress happened to the front bottoms? I knew they fell off Hard post Talon of the Hawk but they sound so bored of themselves on the new record.

Guess I’ll just listen to new Hot Mulligan again

e: oh they were on fueled by ramen thatll do it

weekly font fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Aug 18, 2023

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I saw Hot Mulligan last month at Sad Summer Fest and it whipped rear end

bumped into the lead singer at Excellency Music Fest in Bay City, MI last weekend, that was cool. Great event but the venue was a historic Masonic Temple that had like no ventilation so it was hot as balls inside.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Michael Cera Palin is the worst 2008 rear end pop punk band name I’ve ever heard

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

weekly font posted:

What the gently caress happened to the front bottoms? I knew they fell off Hard post Talon of the Hawk but they sound so bored of themselves on the new record.

Guess I’ll just listen to new Hot Mulligan again

e: oh they were on fueled by ramen thatll do it

Also their touring guitarist who I was very good friends with in high school turned out to be a sexual predator piece of poo poo and they covered it up so they could tour with blink.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

weekly font posted:

Michael Cera Palin is the worst 2008 rear end pop punk band name I’ve ever heard

I’ve never heard of Your Arms Are My Cocoon but I know exactly what they sound like

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

weekly font posted:

They do a really good cover of If It Makes You Happy

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.

Good Will Hrunting posted:

There's another Say Anything track that released to little fanfare, but definitely still has the spirit. It seems to have been pulled from youtube, but was a somewhat "Crush'd" type ballad.

That first one is fuckin great, though. Love a good petty yelling Say Anything track.

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you, I love you,
I love you, I love you
Night Man
I'm going to see the ataris play again for the first time in 20 years in September in Nashville. I had no idea that they even still existed. Their last album was terrible and the one before it wasn't great. But I will always have fond memories of 'blue skies and broken hearts' album when I was a teenager and filled with angst. Now I'm just a middle-ager filled with angst so hopefully they play mostly from that album. Has anyone seen them recently and how was the show? I don't give a gently caress about the other 2 bands on the ticket so I'm hoping that they are still fun like way back then. Sorry if this isn't the right thread to ask this in but it's the only punk thread I saw.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Looks like most of their regular set is from So Long Astoria and just 3 tracks from the best album.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-ataris/2023/levitt-pavilion-steelstacks-bethlehem-pa-63a69e57.html

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you, I love you,
I love you, I love you
Night Man

EL BROMANCE posted:

Looks like most of their regular set is from So Long Astoria and just 3 tracks from the best album.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-ataris/2023/levitt-pavilion-steelstacks-bethlehem-pa-63a69e57.html

Well drat that sucks. I barely listened to that poo poo and don't remember any of the boring songs. Oh well, at least it wasn't expensive or nothing but tracks from that last album. Trying to look on the bright side but nobody wanted to hear that poo poo in 2003 and we don't wanna hear it now. I don't care if it sold more than the good one.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

For anyone more into math/DJent etc. Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza vibes.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=12_P_KBzDws&si=gN5thjJ4tSL8O32n

First full length and excellent. Their 4 eps are also mostly great, especially Pulmonary Failure.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Sincere Engineer out out another loving banger, 4/4 on this new album so far

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Gotta play to the Spotify algorithms and nothing's forcing me to listen, but I really don't like the modern approach of releasing half the album as an EP bit by bit and then getting a second EP on 'release day'.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I’ve only ever seen a band drop like 2-3 songs off of an album before the full thing released. Anything more than that sounds excessive.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Looking at the first few examples I could think of, 4 seems pretty standard. It can definitely get exhausting if they aren't coming out at the exact perfect cadence.

New Spanish Love Songs finally dropped last week and was well worth the wait tho.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
It's stupid as poo poo but I'm not going to hold it against the band

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Pretty sure this is the first time Numero announced anything w/r/t them, so hell yes

https://twitter.com/numerogroup/status/1697332023361417548

Their reissue of Indian Summer kicked rear end and was really well done so I bet this will be just as good