Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
cadia fatshark stands...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

juggalo baby coffin posted:

idk if this other tigris i have is better, i need to undo the crit refinement cause it was done with the old system where you just rerolled over and over and that was where i gave up on it

it has worse base stats but possibly better perks and blessings? idk whether to sacrifice it to get the bloodletter perk off it

If you hit "G" to compare then screenshot we can actually see the two weapons side by side and give our thoughts and opinions.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Hell yeah dude

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
super exciting, Big Rock sounds very ogryn.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Yeah, this could fix a lot.

I tried to get back in a month or so back (could probably just look at whenever the last time I was posting actively in here was), hung through enough to collect a couple week's worth of melkbux, and bailed again because as good as the in-mission gameplay loop was the meta game was so meh.

Hope this can breath some life back into it.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
I look forward to being A Warrior again.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tagichatn posted:

what in the gently caress

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I was doubtful we'd see a single class before the first year anniversay, this looks like it could be 3 choices per character so that's a nice surprise, we'll have to see how much fatshark jank there is though and how many skills are "deal 5% more damage for 2.5 seconds after headshotting a staggered enemy while sliding.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
I like how the new Ogryn big-boy grenade looks like an American football/Rugby ball.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Looking forward to Darktide: Path of Exile edition

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
An entire skilltree of skills that may or may not work as described or at all, sounds sweet

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

I mean, yeah, unironically yes to both of those.

At a bare minimum it shows that they understand poo poo is hosed and the bits of the game outside the missions themselves need a profound overhaul. It's the ambitious approach of developing a totally new meta-game system rather than just copy/pasting VT2's, and maybe they'll gently caress it up big time, but I've got to applaud them for trying.

Like, this will get me playing the game again. I played a fair bit (~40 hours) at launch, I've played maybe 20 more since then in bursts, but absent something kinda chunky I didn't see myself coming back. This will get me back, and probably for longer than just dropping a secondary zealot class.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

toasterwarrior posted:

bullshit the game is dead it has to be

The Demilich posted:

Is 2k players currently online a dead game to you?? :grin:

Don't worry, without (true) new maps what will happen be, there will be a player surge for 5 weeks or so and then it will revert back again to the same status.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

hell yea

Will be a good time to jump back in!! Finally stopped playing regularly after 1334 hours since I went on a 3 week vacation. Was gonna wait for a really big patch to get into it. If they can nail a content update in september too this could be yuuuuuge

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
also going to reinstall and come back if they make game good

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Jerkface posted:

hell yea

Will be a good time to jump back in!! Finally stopped playing regularly after 1334 hours since I went on a 3 week vacation. Was gonna wait for a really big patch to get into it. If they can nail a content update in september too this could be yuuuuuge

I am judging you so much for not putting in the three measly hours it would have taken to put this down at 1337.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Cyrano4747 posted:

I am judging you so much for not putting in the three measly hours it would have taken to put this down at 1337.

If I were never going to play again I would do this...I will just have to blow past 1337 and end on 80085 hours :(

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Kaysette posted:

but the game already is good??? smh the haters

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I'm very stoked about the changes. I mean, no way they are in a playable state in October, but excited none the less. I know there's been some crafting improvements since release+3 months. I think mission selection, too? Character enhancements really just seem like the last of what's needed before just content in general.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The following patch: fixed a bug where the new Psyker feats actually decreased your damage when taken instead of increasing it.
The patch after that: fixed a bug where the Psyker can target teammates with brain burst.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

It's cute and good, but where's my loving meltagun?

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Evil Kit posted:

but the game already is good??? smh the haters

it is, which I think the general way of slowly improving the systems may would've benefitted from them overhauling the weapons first and then take the deep dive on the characters. It's still Fatshark so not too small chance that a change like this would mean another 6 months of polishing and patching the new system not to mention breaking a lot of stuff that works and actually *makes* the game good rn

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

raverrn posted:

It's cute and good, but where's my loving meltagun?

hycybh?

haldolium posted:

it is, which I think the general way of slowly improving the systems may would've benefitted from them overhauling the weapons first and then take the deep dive on the characters. It's still Fatshark so not too small chance that a change like this would mean another 6 months of polishing and patching the new system not to mention breaking a lot of stuff that works and actually *makes* the game good rn

Idk I think the weapons overall were fairly solid and the smaller changes and adding some new weapons and new variants was the better choice than a whole rear end overhaul. So many tweaks that made a given weapon just feel better to use and fun without fundamentally changing how they worked. Autopistol, Thunder Hammer, Plasma Gun all come to mind, and a bunch of weapon variants that made a weapon class just feel better.

If Fatshark's dev cycle is gonna be huge overhaul/content drop every X months with another portion of the team polishing out bugs, buffing/tweaking weapons etc and such to keep the game feeling good on the meantime I'm okay with that.

At the very minimum Fatshark has demonstrated the ability to both identify issues and fix them, while also not knee jerk changing something because of a vocal grognardy minority in the community without giving it due consideration first. I'm willing to give them some leeway to gently caress up a bit.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

We live in a world where Fatshark are a bunch of lovable fuckups we can make fun of, and also they make games we like. Make peace with our reality

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I think this is good probably? It certainly explains why we got no new subclasses and we don't have to worry about a veteran subclass launching with no ammo regen.

Balance is going to be poo poo but it'll still revitalize the game. I hope this means we get the gun lugger weapons too.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

tangy yet delightful posted:

If you hit "G" to compare then screenshot we can actually see the two weapons side by side and give our thoughts and opinions.

sorry, my brain is bad

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008

sorry, my brain is bad

I think that first one is better, personally. Eviscerator doesn't get a lot of options for damage blessings so taking the crit is more useful than bleed stacks on special. I don't find the toughness regen from momentum as necessary so long as you're having a good rhythm with your attack patterns and pushing when necessary (albeit pushing probably breaks your crit stacks from shred).

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Shred is bad on Evis cause your normal attack pattern is push attack > heavy> light, using the push attack to reset as needed. This unfortunately means any Chained hits reset and fucks you so kinda terrible unfortunately.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

sorry, my brain is bad

I'd take the one on the left and reroll Shred and Sprint Effeciency. Though to what would depend on your ranged weapon.

If you are not running the Flamer:
- Shred > Rampage, Momentum, or even Wrath.
- Sprint > Unarmoured, Flak, or even the Poxwalker/Groaner trait.
Evis really need a boost to dealing with hordes.

If you are running Flamer:
- Shred > Bloodthirsty
- Sprint > Maniac or Flak
Up your ability to saw through close in elites.

Comedy option w/ Flamer
- Shred > Rev it Up
- Sprint > T4 Sprint
Dash around like a loon dispatching elites.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
If you're worried about horde clear, +Infested gives you a bonus against poxwalkers which are the real problem.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kaysette posted:

game is actually good, but it's good + healthy to take breaks from something that isn't holding your interest, or dropping it entirely.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

I just came back and god if the gameplay still isn't pretty solid despite them essentially lying to us about this being early access.

Has the meta particularly changed? And standout weapons that I should absolutely be looking for now that it's not RNG to fix stats?

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
The OP weapons are OP mostly because they have access to stacking power blessings.

So:

OP Generic:
Shredder autopistol with Power on Stagger, Power on Sustained fire
Boltgun with Power on Stagger
Antax/Rashad Axe with Brutal Momentum + Power on Hit

Good Generic:
Revolver
Kantrael Lasgun 12

Class Specific:

Psyker OP:
Illisi Force Sword with Power on Kill

Psyker Good:
All Staves have a good use case and a glaring weakness.

Vet OP:
Power Sword with Power Cycler + Power on Kill

Vet Good:
Plasma Gun

Zealot OP:
Heavy Sword 9 with Power on (Hit? Kill? Don't remember) + Any Cleave Blessing. Not great against Ogryn/Armour but speedily destroys very large hordes so quickly, easily and sustainably that its worth noting.

Zealot Good:
Flamer - Obviously functional against Trash. Obviously extremely bad against Armored Elite, unless you're able to hit 7 of them at once, in which suddenly it becomes really good again because nothing else can hit so many targets.
Hammer - Complicated blessing situation for different builds. Mostly a combination of Power on Hit/Kill/Heavy Charged Attack
Eviscerator - Currently its just functional. If ever there is a blessing rework it'll have its day in the sun.

Ogryn OP:
Gorgonum with Reload on Crit
Bull Butcher Cleaver with Power on Kill - Blends hordes similarly to Heavy Sword

Ogryn Good
Most of his ranged weapons really. They have clear use cases but are just not brain dead easy like the Gorgunum
The Clubs - Functional if slow against hordes, good against Elites.

Senethro fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Aug 19, 2023

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Been playing with the 'For the Emperor' mod and spamming the voicelines constantly, would highly recommend.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

ty for all the advice on the eviscerators, i put momentum on the one because I did it (and the perk) back when you just had to reroll poo poo over and over with escalating costs, which is why theyre 'good enough' choices rather than what i'd aim for.

i tend to like momentum because im UK based but play w friends in the US so my ping isnt always good enough to get really elite with the dodging. i might also just be poo poo at the game. i'm playing catchup with collecting blessings so i mostly only have poo poo ones right now.

i probably struggle most with zealot despite liking the unique weapons a lot.

also heres my opinion on some lesser used weapons that i think are worth using:

vraks III headhunter - so i loving hated the headhunter autoguns at launch, but i have come around on the vraks III. it is not a great sniper rifle (i guess the wire folding stock might be a hint on this) but it is extremely flexible. it can do precision work, but it can also be panic spammed or just regular spammed to great effect, it punches thru flak armor nicely, it has a high magazine capacity. I use it most on zealot because veteran and psyker mostly have better options, but i do bust it out on all of them from time to time. My favourite blessings for it are no respite (damage to staggered guys, the bursts stagger well) and crucian roulette (higher crit with emptier mag, the mag size is big enough you get a lot of boosted shots)

atrox II tactical axe - i dont like most of the tactical axes, but this has a nice moveset (hits weakspots very easily), and with brutal momentum and a crit or power blessing it can carve through hordes. I dont use it a super huge amount because i dont wanna gently caress up my wrists clicking so much, but it is fun and stronger than youd think.

Laser pistol - forgot the name but theres only one. the quick stats make this thing look deceptively lovely, but open up the attack breakdown and see how nutty the crit numbers get. it has a shitload of ammo, with the infernus blessing you can also stack burn on beefier boys, and you stay mobile. again i dont use it as much as id like because its a lot of clicking.

columnus mk II braced autogun - people only talk about the braced agrippina autogun, but the columnus can get to some of the same kill breakpoints as the agripina with more ammo and seemingly more suppression. it seems to suppress guys real fast idk if its a bug though. you do lose out on accuracy but as zealot or psyker you arent expected to use it to snipe. less OP than the shredder but more ammo efficient and accurate.

Accatran VII recon lasgun - the slower, heavier hitting recon lasgun. incredible on veteran for mowing down a very large amount of shooters between reloads to keep your focus fire ability active for years. suffers more against carapace armor, but thats why you bring an anti-armor melee weapon with it.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
The biggest advantage the braced Agrippina has over the Columnus is penetration. It will pierce through its first target and hit a second behind, provided the first target isn't wearing flak armor or heavier. While it's great that this can mean double damage against crowds and patrols, IMO it's most useful for a Zealot when snapfiring against high priority targets when hordes act as a meat shield. There are definitely cases where you can ping a special that's 10-20yrds away, several poxwalkers deep in the crowd. Your goal is to pull out your gun, kill it while dodging a couple times, and then resume chopping up the horde before they start to tear you up. The Agrippina excels here.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
:Mod edit - alas we cannot remove posts. The forum would collapse like a house of cards. Here's a puppy. --HopperUK

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Aug 19, 2023

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!
^ what a good boy :3:

Senethro posted:

Zealot OP:
Heavy Sword 9 with Power on (Hit? Kill? Don't remember) + Any Cleave Blessing. Not great against Ogryn/Armour but speedily destroys very large hordes so quickly, easily and sustainably that its worth noting.

Zealot Good:
Flamer - Obviously functional against Trash. Obviously extremely bad against Armored Elite, unless you're able to hit 7 of them at once, in which suddenly it becomes really good again because nothing else can hit so many targets.
With the heavy sword 9 extra cleave does essentially nothing since it already hits practically unlimited targets on its light attacks. It's probably useful on the other heavy swords patterns though.

And for the flamer if you pre-stack some burn DoT's on armored enemies (for damnation crushers you need like 4 or 5 seconds of flaming IIRC, test it in the psykhanium) and then use your charge ability it will burn them down real quick. Though like you hinted at this is obviously more efficient on big crusher patrols.

vraks III headhunter - so i loving hated the headhunter autoguns at launch, but i have come around on the vraks III. it is not a great sniper rifle (i guess the wire folding stock might be a hint on this) but it is extremely flexible. it can do precision work, but it can also be panic spammed or just regular spammed to great effect, it punches thru flak armor nicely, it has a high magazine capacity. I use it most on zealot because veteran and psyker mostly have better options, but i do bust it out on all of them from time to time. My favourite blessings for it are no respite (damage to staggered guys, the bursts stagger well) and crucian roulette (higher crit with emptier mag, the mag size is big enough you get a lot of boosted shots)
While the Kantrael shotgun is my new go-to for Zealot, I actually quite like the single shot* Vraks version as well. (mark 7 I think? it shows up as single shot in the interface) It's basically a more accurate version of the Agrippinaa braced, trading RoF (and pierce?) for much more precision and better blessings.

*It's rather RSI inducing though, so the autofire mod is recommended. Same for the laser pistol for that matter :v:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Senethro posted:

The OP weapons are OP mostly because they have access to stacking power blessings.

So:

OP Generic:
Shredder autopistol with Power on Stagger, Power on Sustained fire
Boltgun with Power on Stagger
Antax/Rashad Axe with Brutal Momentum + Power on Hit

Good Generic:
Revolver
Kantrael Lasgun 12

Class Specific:

Psyker OP:
Illisi Force Sword with Power on Kill

Psyker Good:
All Staves have a good use case and a glaring weakness.

Vet OP:
Power Sword with Power Cycler + Power on Kill

Vet Good:
Plasma Gun

Zealot OP:

Zealot Good:
Hammer - Complicated blessing situation for different builds. Mostly a combination of Power on Hit/Kill/Heavy Charged Attack
Eviscerator - Currently its just functional. If ever there is a blessing rework it'll have its day in the sun.

Ogryn OP:
Gorgonum with Reload on Crit
Bull Butcher Cleaver with Power on Kill - Blends hordes similarly to Heavy Sword

Ogryn Good
Most of his ranged weapons really. They have clear use cases but are just not brain dead easy like the Gorgunum
The Clubs - Functional if slow against hordes, good against Elites.

I agree with some of this but disagree with others! Which honestly speaks a lot to the good variety of weapon choice the game has now, especially since a single person generally can't play all the weapons in depth.

OP Generic:
I agree with all these, though imo the Vet makes far better use of the Boltgun as a primary than Zealot. More ammo, faster reload, way more damage. Still good on Zealot as an AP or specialist sniping choice. Pistol OP though, even Gunyker makes use of it to great effect.

Conversely, I think the Axes are better made use of by Zealot due to feats making you vastly more effective in melee, along with the passive faster attack speed making it feel better to use. This is pretty imo but Vet should just be using Power Sword, I get why folks like to change things up though!

Kantereal Shotgun (the incendiary one) goes here too btw for one simple reason: No Respite is nuts. Arguably the most busted blessing in the game, it jacks your damage to insane heights. You get a horde and shield penetrating incendiary round you can load that also does insane stagger damage, and you can follow up on a knocked down elite or specialist with a single ADS shot for a kill thanks to how No Respite works. Bulwarks and Reapers also melt to the fire and die to 3 shots max. Zealot can delete crushers with it too if they use the Charge enemy armor debuff. And the range on the fire shell is literally as far as you can see. Love this gun.

Good generic:
Revolver... again imo, but even after the buffs I just don't like how it feels. Only Vet makes it feel passable to use and the niche it serves is better covered by the Boltgun or Plasma. Even then I don't think Vets should be using it because it's better served as a secondary to a very strong melee, and please don't be a melee vet! Ironically I think it's slightly better in the hands of Zealot simply because being able to whip out the revolve to dome a specialist before going back to your primary job is far stronger, and using your ammo less means an ammo hungry gun user can get more ammo. I want to like it but unless they give it a speedloader I'm just not gonna enjoy this weapon.

Kantereal 12 is certainly fine no matter what! Still best used by a Vet though, for obvious reasons.

Laspistol should go here too, I've both heard and seen good things from people using it.

Class Specific-

Psyker:

OP:
Agreed on the Illisi is amazing, full stop. Why even bother with the other force swords when you have the ogryn's bull butcher in force sword form, except you can actually kill armor with the power attacks. Lets you managed hordes and mixed hordes, also you get infinite dodges because it's a force sword.

I actually think all the staves should be in OP except for Surge, for one simple reason: they don't cost you any ammo. This a huge deal imo and helps the rest of the team make use of their guns longer, or feed a particularly ammo hungry teammate. For specifics I think Void, Purgatus and Trauma all belong up here.

Good:
Surge is OK. It has a niche, but it's just not effective at killing things unless they happen to be flak armor. Still on demand CC that also works on Mutants and Bursters no matter what is a strong niche that shouldn't be discounted.

Vet-

OP:
hot take, Vet should just have a power sword because if you're about to be stuck in melee with a horde you need to be able to clear it fast and brainlessly. Power Sword lets you do that! Axe does not, though it is arguably better for faster elite killing, but if you have an AP gun it's a waste of a slot imo. Agreed on blessings, though Power Cycler is really the one that elevates the weapon to brainless. Before that I think Power Sword is in the Good range.

Plasma Gun also belongs up here, it's a more sustained option compared to Boltgun and also the only weapon in the game that lets Vet make use of their wall hacks in Volley Fire. Experiment with charged shots through walls, you'll be surprised what elites you can murder through a solid wall before they're even a problem! IMO it's the only weapon where not having +power blessings is not a detriment because it's already so strong.

Good:

Braced AG is a solid ani-shooter choice, but I prefer Autopistol which is way more fun. Recon Lasguns are also now totally serviceable now but not outstanding!

Zealot-

OP:
I love the Heavy Sword, and it especially deserves to be here but it needs the cavet of you need to bring an AP/burst solution for armor unless you know you can rely on another team member. It's really painful dealing with crusher patrols otherwise, or a bunch of bulwarks. Bring a Kantereal Shotgun or a Boltgun to pair with it. Also never put a cleave blessing on this weapon, the meta combo is Headtaker (+power on hit) and Rampage (+damage for 5 seconds after hitting at least 3 enemies). Headtaker gives you all the cleave you'd ever need, you just want more damage.

Good:
I actually agree THammer should be down here, it does fine with hordes and having a non-ammo based option for deleting chunky targets is fantastic, but the recoil is just long enough that dealing with multiple targets requires a lot of space and a horde not to be in the way. Powered hammer bops on small targets are never not funny tho, watch that ragdoll go. Thrust (+power on charged heavy attack) is better for monstrousities and crushers, Headtaker is a requirement to have on a TH imo and Slaughterer is better for horde management. Momentum is a comfort blessing for dealing with hordes, keeps chip damage way down.

Agreed on Flamer, you really need to use a charge to kill flak or carapace in a decent amount of time. Unrivalled at horde clear though.

The Eviscerator does not belong here. It sucks, and is imo the worst unique weapon in the game. Bad at horde clear, bad at elite killing. Just use a Chain Axe, that at least gets access to +power blessings and also can one shot crushers with the right blessings. Suffers just because it doesn't specialize enough imo, and also being locked in an animation to maybe kill a chunky target is not good when it doesn't actually kill the target reliably.

Ogryn-

OP:

Gorgonum Stubber, aka wow I can't believe Fatshark only gave Ogryn one gun! It's really weird that it's the only class with a single ranged weapon option. Does it all, horde clear, shooter management, elite killing, the only sustained dps for safely killing a monstrosity with that Ogryn gets. Charmed Reload + preferred power blessing of your choice, go wild. Second only to Flamer for ranged horde killing. Only struggles with Crushers, but you can still keep an infinite amount of the CC'd till you run out of ammo, just aim for the head.

Bull Butcher gets a hearty agree from me. Nothing else to say.

I actually think the Slab Shield + Maul belongs up here now. Has good horde management now, excels with the bleed build. You can stagger literally anything with a heavy attack, and can chain it. Heavy Attacks also now infinitely cleave and do a minimum amount of damage so you can kill piles very easily. Lets you approach shooter packs safely. The special is a trap option and only has niche uses generally, a lot of newer players fall into it. Also gets Confident Strike which is a very strong defensive option. You have the Gorgonum for single target damage anyway. Really easy attack pattern too, Light > Heavy > Light > Heavy.

Good:

The Clubs are fine, I don't like them but I see their niche. I think the slab shield is better now though since it's got better horde clear which is your main job in melee anyway.

No other ranged weapons exist for Ogryn and it's kind of sad. Oh well!

edit: ah heck apparently I accidentally hit post before I was done. Whoops!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
I'm addicted to using the revolver on my zealot. It's the perfect weapon for a melee specialist. Being able to snap shot a trapper through a horde in a split second, then ADS the sniper 40 meters behind her, is just too good.

I don't like the revolver on my veteran because it can't provide the base of fire the vet is expected to bring to the team.

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 19, 2023