Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Finished my HG Qubeley. Marbling is fun but you definitely need to pay attention or it'll look smudged and bad.

Next up: MGSD Freedom! No painting on this guy, just gonna relax with a simple build/panel/decal/topcoat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Nuebot posted:

Yeah, I'm sitting here hoping they'll release either a perfect zeong or psycho gundam MKII HG sometime soon now. Though, I should probably get a zeta kit just to pose the two together I guess.

I am partaking in the rampant, baseless hope that this monstrosity coming out for the build fighters metaverse thing which has some serious Psycho mkII energy will result in some molds for them to use. I'm not holding by breath but it would be cool.

Also, god drat I shouldn't have started baldur's gate 3, it's eating all my building time but I can't stop.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

parabolic posted:

I am partaking in the rampant, baseless hope that this monstrosity coming out for the build fighters metaverse thing which has some serious Psycho mkII energy will result in some molds for them to use. I'm not holding by breath but it would be cool.

Also, god drat I shouldn't have started baldur's gate 3, it's eating all my building time but I can't stop.

Hopefully, though it'd be really disappointing if the only MKII kit we ever get is some kind of build fighters esque Psycho Amazing thing or whatever

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

#5: HGIBO Hajiroboshi: A lot of color correcting stickers; I didn't use em all even but uh, there isn't one for the panel under its chin? On all the pictures it's black and despite there being a sticker for the little black piece on the crotchplate and the black pieces on the shield and ankle pieces, there isn't one for the chest? This kit really makes me wish I had a paint setup or even some markers but IMO 9 times out of 10 panel lining doesn't look good so I don't have any, but there's a TON of little sculpted notches on this kit that would look ten times better if they were black.

Backlogust Kit 6 for me will finally be the Lfrith Ur. I wasn't sure I was gonna get my 7-kit backlog done this month but now I'm thinking I'll have to go out and buy another.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nuebot posted:

Hopefully, though it'd be really disappointing if the only MKII kit we ever get is some kind of build fighters esque Psycho Amazing thing or whatever

I'd accept a Psyco GM.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nuebot posted:

I technically have good news!

There was a kit in the 80s.

More recently, there was a P-Bandai Universal Unit release.

Neither is in 1/144, but if you're desperate, they are out there, and the Universal Unit looks alright. Probably costs an arm and a leg these days, mind.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

I technically have good news!

There was a kit in the 80s.

More recently, there was a P-Bandai Universal Unit release.

Neither is in 1/144, but if you're desperate, they are out there, and the Universal Unit looks alright. Probably costs an arm and a leg these days, mind.

lmao that 80's kit. I almost want that out of sheer novelty. I'd love one in the HGUC line though :argh: give me everything I want, Bandai!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

There are also long out of print Gundam Fix Figurations of the Psyco, MkII, and ZZ MkII, all in 1/144.

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!
HG Zudah done, this was one of the more interesting HG kits I've built.

In some ways it feels modern, especially with all the decals supplied, and some decent possibility even with the massive anti-ship rifle. I also didn't have too many issues putting it together, usually some worn out polycap or something gives me a headache.

One problem though, is almost all of the decals are massive. The bigger ones aren't the problem, all the tiny ones are way too big and either requiring some trimming or accepting that they will look bad in certain angles. Thankfully they don't show too much on camera.

The orange-ish opalescent plastic looks good, the parts are supposed to be copper in appearance and this is an acceptable ersatz solution.

It can stand (somewhat) while holding the rifle! Wow! I'm used to HG kits from this period barely being able to hold their weapons up without the hand falling apart.

Overall, this was a very nice build and a very cool looking MS.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

Moai Ou posted:

And now to start on this:

A box with three different Build Fighter kits: Low Visibility versions of the Core Gundam, Core Gundam II & Alus Core Gundam.

Three more done! I love everything about the Alus Core Gundam's design. I have a soft spot for faceless robots.

And now I'll be working on two more at the same time.

RG 00 Qant Trans-Am Clear

And painting up another 40-year old Kabaya Gum Transformers kit. the gum tastes like a basement

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

wdarkk posted:

Starting Assault Booster & High Mobility Unit for Gundam Geminass. This is pretty hefty for an addon kit, it's got five runners and a longer instruction manual than the Zogok.

This had a few annoying stickers but overall was pretty fun, lots of parts for an addon kit, the combined backpack is stupidly huge.

Addon part 1

Addon part 2

Combined into a single addon (albeit not using the recolored leg thrusters).

Continuing the G-Unit streak, HG Aesculapius is up next.

Nullkigan
Jul 3, 2009
Is the Zeta ver.Ka an improvement over the MG 2.0 in terms of actually building it?

I bought the 2.0 not long before the ver.Ka was announced and am just now working through it. I'm trying to complete the Zeta/Mk.II/Hyakushiki team in 1/100, and I like the design enough to be thinking of the double dip, but if the build invovles juggling the same side-torso mechanisms again it can languish at the bottom of my wishlist for a few years.

I actually think the RG Zeta has the best looks overall, but given the declining state of my eyes and fine motor control, I think I'll give that one a pass.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!
I bought a DABAN 6601. Astray Red Frame Kai.

.... and broke the waist. It's one of like six PP parts in the kit. So I can't even glue it. Plastic welding failed.

$30. Whoops. Hahaha.

What I've learned. DABAN kits are closer to 1960's model kits. You need to expect to clean up flash.. everywhere. DABAN is also big on undergating, so you're not cleaning up gates as much.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Nuebot posted:

lmao that 80's kit. I almost want that out of sheer novelty. I'd love one in the HGUC line though :argh: give me everything I want, Bandai!

We've heard your wishes, dear customer, and we're release more Unicorn variants and Astray recolors.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/figsoku_r/status/1692311112249950248?t=0NBPOlk1-b8wDriohCHBSQ&s=19

The Maxter is P Bandai.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

I built my beautiful daughter finally.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

I fell like we were all expecting this after the Rose. It's a very nice looking kit though.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Hell yeah, so glad they're continuing the line. I was expecting Maxter to be next. I imagine they'll at least run through Dragon, Bolt, and Shadow, maybe put out a new Shining too?

release the Nether Gundam, DO IT

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tequila, baby

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

MillennialVulcan posted:

Hell yeah, so glad they're continuing the line. I was expecting Maxter to be next. I imagine they'll at least run through Dragon, Bolt, and Shadow, maybe put out a new Shining too?

release the Nether Gundam, DO IT

If they release a new devil gundam kit I will die. Also I will buy it.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nuebot posted:

If they release a new devil gundam kit I will die. Also I will buy it.

I'd question how you'd do things in that order, but it's obviously possible with the help of Kyoji.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
If they're going to this effort with the kits (look at the accessories, bases, and effects), my ACTUAL wishlist is more like

Shining, God, Rose, Maxter, Dragon, Bolt, Shadow, Nobel, Tequila, Nether, Master w/ Fuunsaiki, Devil.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I just want a lumber gundam Canada represent.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They already had the RG God, I'm not sure they're gonna do an HG this soon after.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

I'd question how you'd do things in that order, but it's obviously possible with the help of Kyoji.

It'll be a lot easier to afford model kits as a ghost haunting my bank account since I won't have to pay for food anymore.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
PG Devil Gundam in its final, gargantuan form growing out of Neo-Japan.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Dr Christmas posted:

PG Devil Gundam in its final, gargantuan form growing out of Neo-Japan.

It comes with a bonus Statue of Liberty Cannon.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

I've never seen G-Gundam and likely never will, but if they release a Nether Gundam I'll break my principled "gently caress ever buying from p-Bandai" stance so goddamn fast.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

chrome line posted:

Next up is the MG Gouf 2.0!

Now for the RG Crossbone

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Nuebot posted:

It'll be a lot easier to afford model kits as a ghost haunting my bank account since I won't have to pay for food anymore.

I feel this.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Careful with the v fin on the crossbone, little bastard likes to jump around.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

decals on the psycho zaku guns will be done tomorrow, then top coat and on to the backpack

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I absolutely punted on Backlogust, but my GM Moroccan Front Type came in the other day and I just realized it comes with water slides.

I don't recall those being particularly common in the HG line. Are they more common on the recent P-Bandai mints?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Warmachine posted:

I absolutely punted on Backlogust, but my GM Moroccan Front Type came in the other day and I just realized it comes with water slides.

I don't recall those being particularly common in the HG line. Are they more common on the recent P-Bandai mints?

They've been in every modern HG kid I've had. I never put them on because I don't like them.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Warmachine posted:

Looks like all the Doan's island HGs have waterslides, as do the most recent couple P-Bandai Origin HGs. Most all the other recent HGs seem to use stickers (both standard release and P-Bandai (Wing, G, UC, etc))

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Thor is complete.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
How was the build on that? I've been considering grabbing it just because I love a.giant hammer.

Dreqqus fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 19, 2023

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dreqqus posted:

How was the build on that? I've been considering grabbing it just because I love a.giant hammer.

The build is great. The kit has a ton of moving parts so articulation and poseability are virtually unhinderd despite its bulk. Also if you're gonna get it then do so now, since only the first batch releases will come with the cape, which adds SO MUCH to the final look.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Well, I guess I know what’s coming out of my backlog next. After I finish RG Gundam MK II (Titans), which despite my fears is so far marking less on the blue plastic than any I’ve run into. Might be a coincidence, because I haven’t yet reached the sides of the torso.

Seriously, it’s going to be one of the flattest areas on almost any Gundam, so why do they always leave a big ol’ seamline right down the middle with exposed nubs? I think I’ve finally decided what to do with all of that pla plate I bought and never opened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Finished my Eva-01, pretty good build tho the top portion of the jaw piece broke and I had to glue it together so the mouth doesn't completely close, oh well. First time using Mr. Hobby Aqueous paint and I like it pretty well now that I've figured out how to thin and such. Used water slide decals on the robot and stickers on the platform.