Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
when i played the witch queen i didn't really think about this, but i was reading the lore the other day and it reminded me that every hive medium guy and up is huge fan of genocide and wants to kill everything constantly

it made the moral ambiguity of guardianifying hive a lot more stark

and it made me realize how bad a job bungie did of telling the story around that in Witch Queen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
They were busy telling a David Lynchian whodunnit!!

Apparently!!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

dodgeblan posted:

and it made me realize how bad a job bungie did of telling the story around that in Witch Queen

I feel like it's been pretty strongly established that all the Hive want to kill everything all the time and that's just who they are

sword logic~

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

You don't have to be accountable for genocide as long as you can claim that some worm gaslit you into it, billions of years ago

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Yeah I’ve been a little curious how the hive story is going to go given *waves hands at all that*

I never played D1 but was always a little sad about fighting the fallen when I played D2. Given their past, their actions feel somewhat reasonable and I can’t blame them. And the Cabal clearly aren’t monolithic and have differing motivations for conflict depending on their society.

But the Hive are loving nasty maniacs and it is really hard to make them meaningfully forgivable in any sense given the sheer scale of their violence.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Roctavian posted:

You don't have to be accountable for genocide as long as you can claim that some worm big white ball gaslit you into it, billions of years ago

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Roctavian posted:

You don't have to be accountable for genocide as long as you can claim that some worm weird multi-story space whale who lives in your atmosphere's basement gaslit you into it, billions of years ago

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You are a dead thing made by a dead power in the shape of the dead. All you will ever do is kill. You do not belong here. This is a place of life.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Calm Witness.jpeg

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

Calm Witness.jpeg

"Calus, did you secure the Veil?" the Witness asked calmly.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

You are a dead thing made by a dead power in the shape of the dead. All you will ever do is kill. You do not belong here. This is a place of life.

Sometimes I dance too

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Literally the only gilding I'll ever be envious of, nice Kith

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

haveblue posted:

the end of the light and darkness saga is recognizing that, without a distinct other to fight, we are undying monsters, capable of incalculable cruelty.

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

Well, hello there fellow Dredgen

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

After avoiding TLW pretty much since its re-release since I'm not too great at hipfiring, drat this gun chews guardians up. I usually main Outbreak, but when I paired TLW with a BXR I went on a crazy long streak of being on the upper side of the leaderboard

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

PathAsc posted:

Literally the only gilding I'll ever be envious of, nice Kith

i will continue to gild it out of spite because i cannot gild reckoner

aledesma posted:

Well, hello there fellow Dredgen

hell yeah dredgens rise up

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I only gilded once or twice, but it is the only one I care about

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

yeah i don't really care about any of the other gildable titles. the crucible/trials ones don't interest me because pvp sucks, deadeye doesn't really mean anything and involves using guns that aren't grenade launchers, conqueror is just a checklist, and the seasonal event ones are grindy as hell. dredgen is really the only one that hits the right mixture of effort and status that makes me give a drat

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I will never take off Vidmaster

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I should probably stop buying weekly engrams from Xur, I'm finally under 500 shards again

haveblue posted:

I will never take off Vidmaster

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I'm still using wayfarer because I don't have any others

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

kecske posted:

I'm still using wayfarer because I don't have any others

wayfarer is becoming quite rare nowadays, despite being the easiest of the originals to get. I am always excited to see a wayfarer running around compared to like, any modern seasonal titles.

I run Shadow.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The easiest was probably Chronicler, which just required you to hit a bunch of guaranteed drops and pickups. Wayfarer required several complete gear sets which were RNG drops on top of sometimes being difficult to trigger

Still remember the mad scramble to grind Strange Terrain nightfalls because it was the only source of Braytech Osprey (before it was added to the modern nightfall pool)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I have bought two pieces of Destiny merch.

A Deep Stone Crypt coat. The pockets aren't lined with anything so they don't keep your hands warm, making the entire coat actually pretty useless overall.

And my Fatebreaker pin, which I am very proud of. :)

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I got the Splicer hoodie because of the cool sleeves. It's a pretty decent jacket. Someone asked me what kind of band it was for and I couldn't help but laugh.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kith posted:

I got the Splicer hoodie because of the cool sleeves. It's a pretty decent jacket. Someone asked me what kind of band it was for and I couldn't help but laugh.

Did you tell them it was for McCartney

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I also have the DSC coat, and I actually find it very nice. Maybe it's just not that cold around here but I find the sleeves make a good seal with the pockets

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I have the 2020, 2021 and 2022 MoT shirts and the two gay pride enamel pins.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I got the shirt from donating for the Australia bush fires, gonna get the Maui one too.

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

I run “Star Baker” because cookies made of arc and hive entrails sound tasty

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Remember Warmind Cells? There back, in orb form.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Welp https://vxtwitter.com/paultassi/status/1692638317274112509?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

edit: well it embeds on mobile

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 18, 2023

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

This artifact sucks, ngl

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
:orb:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Wow, I did not think they would give us Void, Arc, Solar, and Strand mods all in one season

They really have it out for poor ol' Stasis, haha

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Fuckin lol, no stasis anything

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

tangle warlock seems really good under this artifact

Wicked Implement seems like it could be super viable but that's cause it's a scout rifle. Polaris Lance gets the same kind of bonus so i wonder how scorch hunter will play with that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Literally everything is getting love except Stasis, that's so loving funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
A whole season built around picking up & throwing Ball!

What a great time to reprise everybody's favorite Destiny 1 Raid

... Crota's End!!