Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fatal Combat, the movie that thinks it is a good idea to introduce your hero by having him call a student a slur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Moosebaby.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I haven't watched any riff stuff in months, but I'm just kind of going to tonight's show out of habit. Hope it's good!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Enjoy yourself and take it easy. it is just a show, you should really just re-lax

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Anyone else have some sound issues during the movie? Nothing too bad, just cutting out a little during the bike dance and then the final race. Was extremely funny that the star of the movie just kind of showed up to the event.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Yeah, the audio cut out for a half-second a few times. Odd.

Loved the shooting fish in a barrel aspect of the Lori Loughlin jokes.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

They really need some better resolution for the next time they do Gumby shorts at a live show.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I forgot there was a show tonight. Oh well.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It seems like I'm the only person who went alone, and am also the only one not having a loud convo. 7 minutes to go.

Edit: one other person watched solo at my theater, and the conversations did stop a few lines into the rifftrax song

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 18, 2023

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

Anyone else have some sound issues during the movie? Nothing too bad, just cutting out a little during the bike dance and then the final race. Was extremely funny that the star of the movie just kind of showed up to the event.

Yeah, same audio issues here. Hopefully it was just the stream and they got a good recording.

Interestingly, our theater was showing Rifftrax in two auditoriums... these things never sell out around here, so I'm not sure why they did that.

https://www.rifftrax.com/bmx

coupon code HELLTRACK for 15% off

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Probably the weirdest part of Rad is how for the opening paper delivery scene instead of actually filming in the morning they instead put a red filter over the sky. Which makes it look like it takes place in some horrible post apocalyptic future.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Rifftrax is like rear end-sliding for your movies!

TheOneVader
Jun 9, 2006

Don't kiss your sister, Son...
Saw a delayed showing (Hawaii time), we had the same audio issues. Other than that, really great movie and some funny riffs.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

RandomPauI posted:

It seems like I'm the only person who went alone, and am also the only one not having a loud convo. 7 minutes to go.

RiffTrax live shows seem bad for 'people in the audience think they're funny.' Somebody had to get an usher at one of the last shows.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Same audio in my theater. Also, they had the audio cranked up to 11 for the first 15 minutes.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Mister Kingdom posted:

Same audio in my theater. Also, they had the audio cranked up to 11 for the first 15 minutes.

They had it cranked up to 11 for the entire duration in my theater. My wife put in earbuds just to dull it enough to be normal.

Looking at the IMDB trivia stuff, I love how the movie was originally going to be called Balls Out, explaining that weird line by Officer Robotnik.

There's also a list of deleted scenes and there's one where Bart (drunkenly?) shows up at Cru's diner to challenge him one-on-one, showing that he was also bitter that Cru was cheated out of being in the big race. I like the idea of the scene because it makes Bart's behavior during the end feel earned. But then apparently the scene ends with him taking a pratfall onto a pie, so maybe it was better on the cutting room floor.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I honestly liked Rad a lot. The little sister swearing and just being a shithead in general (and her name is Wesley??), the old man flipping off the other old man, all the stunts that looked genuinely painful. That was a lot of fun.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You kind of get an idea that Bart isn't happy with what's going on during the scene where the bad guy tells the twins to take Cru out but he was a pretty underdeveloped character.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Yeah, we definitely needed more of Bart's journey from shithead to cool dude and good sport. Him waiting in that tunnel kind of came out of nowhere.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

The audio issues were present at the Belcourt. Even with that though, it was an amazing riff!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Time for another delightful Rene Cardona, Jr. pain parade! https://youtu.be/WdoOKNdKr5U

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I'm watching robo vampire for the first time and oh my god, this is so insane and amazing

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching a short about the dangers of pot while high is fun. Also Scott Baio's character was definitely cooler once he started getting stoned.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hey, The Careless Years stars a young hunky Dean Stockwell. Well, hunky enough but my god is his head big.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/TheThomason/status/1700248777922376051

The mind boggles.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Truth or Dare is completely nutty as all get out. The main character is in and out of mental institutions (and somehow regrows a finger?) While there's also a scene where a doctor and orderly are played by two guys who look exactly the same.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
:siren: New lunch box DVD set :siren:

Includes:
-Gumby: The Movie
-Honor and Glory
-Dancin': It's On!
-a selection of shorts, including Measuring Man

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Edward Mass posted:

:siren: New lunch box DVD set :siren:

Includes:
-Gumby: The Movie
-Honor and Glory
-Dancin': It's On!
-a selection of shorts, including Measuring Man

Mine arrived last week.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

X from Outer Space is pretty much the most 60s movie ever. Smoking on a Moon Base and the lady astronauts wear cocktail dresses to space dinner.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week's release is a VOD riff of Robocop!*

*the premiere episode of the low budget TV series from the 90s.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I've only seen the episode where RoboCop fights and then teams up with a superhero Roddy Piper and it's pretty fun.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Has anyone watched these? Seems kind of interesting.

https://twitter.com/MatthewJElliot1/status/1710371862427922795

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

MassRafTer posted:

Has anyone watched these? Seems kind of interesting.

https://twitter.com/MatthewJElliot1/status/1710371862427922795

I bought the first two as a day one purchase and now I will buy this one, so thank you!

The Brit riffers are like Mary Jo and Bridget in that you will find them funnier if you like their style of humor. Though Matthew has writer credits on a bunch of MJB ones. I like BritTrax I like dry British humor with a lot of wordplay. Beyond the Veil... It's easy to see why it was never picked up for TV. I almost feel like it was meant to be a radio series but instead got produced for TV. They're like the mildest, least thought provoking Twilight zone episodes. "Shut up Iris" from the MST3k episode The beatniks has a small part in the second one as the son of an Italian country doctor (played by Karloff) and they don't even try an Italian accent, it's hilarious.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Veil is really, truly, the dullest least intriguing spooky stories collection. Its like some guy in a lab applying the same techniques to make a salsa that isn't too spicy for midwesterners to sci-fi anthology shows.

Also I love the Brit Riffs so bought.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/clastowka/status/1711755928976969805

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I feel like I need to construct a bourbon soaked dumpster to lie in as I read this for the authentic experience.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

By popular demand posted:

I feel like I need to construct a bourbon soaked dumpster to lie in as I read this for the authentic experience.

According to Connor one person would write a chapter and the next person would build on it. Sounds great.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Watched Demon Island today. Very entertaining!

quote:

Stretching the very idea of what a piñata can look like, and almost certainly our first “evil piñata” film, it’s Demon Island!

Hundreds of years ago, a shaman in a remote village took all the evil impulses out of his people and put them into a clay “piñata” shaped like a demon. Then the villagers sent the clay piñata floating down a river. If the piñata is ever smashed, all that evil will be released upon the world and cause endless destruction. So hey, what could go wrong?

The answer, as always: COLLEGE KIDS. Specifically, fraternity and sorority kids who go to the titular island for an underwear scavenger hunt. Thrill as Jaime Pressly and the guy who played Xander on Buffy the Vampire Slayer struggle to provide romantic tension in this pseudo Spring Break adventure. But then, whaddaya know, a couple of stoned sophomores find the ancient clay demon - which they somehow recognize as a piñata - and smash it open, releasing all kinds of adorable heck. He’s a cute little clay demon who runs around on his cute little legs and wreaks all kinds of cute bloody havoc on the partying coeds. Cute!

Imagine your ugliest stuffed animal coming to life and sort of awkwardly chasing you around with a stick, and you’ll start to fathom the terror of this movie. Grab a bottle of Fireball, or whatever college kids drink these days, and join Mike, Kevin and Bill for a cruise over to Demon Island!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Are there plans to add Rad for purchase down the line?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

Are there plans to add Rad for purchase down the line?

Think I remember reading they release the live versions 1-2 months after the show so hopefully soon.