Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

SettingSun posted:

I need my 4 boys drinking in an alley going "Yep" or it isn't KotH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

YeahTubaMike posted:

King of Murray Hill

I would def. watch this. Bobby is a famous drag queen who tours with Murray Hill on an a+ idea.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

StupidNameNobody posted:

I just watched season 1 of this show and I was kinda shocked. Holy poo poo it's so good! I always had it cornered away in my mind as a sortof inferior version of the Simpsons. But it's totally got its own identity and really feels true to heart and just so drat funny and real. In this day and age, I have to say that Hank Hill is actually a pretty cool guy.

Are the seasons after this good???? This feels like early Simpons to me! And that's a high compliment!

first half of the show's run is better, probably peaked around 4-6 or so. whenever the Junchiro episode was. after that it got kinda played out (and weirdly horny?) but even still, every episode had a handful of great lines. S11 and S12 were kinda lackluster but the final season was surprisingly good

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Another Bill posted:

I would def. watch this. Bobby is a famous drag queen who tours with Murray Hill on an a+ idea.

That's a Gribble of an idea!

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
also I have re-watched some S1 episodes which actually did remind me that this was originally a Beavis and Butthead spinoff. there's no trace of it in later seasons (besides Hank's voice and I guess Dooley) but you definitely sense it here. also Dale's voice is....way different in the early going?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

JAMOOOL posted:

first half of the show's run is better, probably peaked around 4-6 or so. whenever the Junchiro episode was. after that it got kinda played out (and weirdly horny?)

I think it kept being great until season 8 (the mold episode is a personal favorite). And I'd argue the horniest episodes are Bobby seeing Luanne naked and Hank's sex dreams nude grilling with Nancy, which both happened prior to going to Japan.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Fox Rochester kept airing that clip between commercials for Raymore and Flannigan's Furniture

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

pixaal posted:

I hope they re-order the episodes so everything he recorded is front loaded then have a very special episode where he has to get a voice box. It can be fancy and not sounding all robotic but be different and explain the change easy enough to get through the rest of the season episodes then call it done. It really depends on how they wrote and what lines he's recorded.

I had that same idea and, while it would tie in well with his chain smoking, I'm afraid it'd be a little dark tonally and pretty hard to make funny. Still not the worst idea but, man, that's a tough needle to thread right there.

And I'd totally watch Boomhauer: Texas Ranger with special guest, Chuck Norris.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 17, 2023

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Dang ol’ methamphetamine making you all twitchy n’ scary tell you whut

Vord
Oct 27, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

And I'd totally watch Boomhauer: Texas Ranger with special guest, Chuck Norris Mangione.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

That's a gribble of an idea

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I forgot how great Dale's delivery is on "He won't catch a bullet!" when he cheerfully offers Joseph a handgun after John Redcorn snatches his arrow out of the air.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

Hazo posted:

I think it kept being great until season 8 (the mold episode is a personal favorite). And I'd argue the horniest episodes are Bobby seeing Luanne naked and Hank's sex dreams nude grilling with Nancy, which both happened prior to going to Japan.

yea but those eps are really good

idk I've come to realize the reason this show held up better over a dozen-plus seasons than most animated shows is that the characters are all funny in very specific ways, as opposed to just having a generic dumb guy or uptight guy who has to conform to the needs of the script. Peggy Hill for instance is one of the all time great sitcom moms because she's so consistently delusional. even when she's right it's mostly out of ego.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Peggy is unique because she's one of the few television characters (animated or otherwise) that can interchangeably be the hero or villain depending on the episode. Sometimes she's an excellent self-sufficient woman, and sometimes she's a blowhard rear end in a top hat, and both of those characterizations feel completely true because she's been adequately fleshed out. I would argue that Peggy Hill is one of the best written women ever put on television.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I would argue that Peggy Hill is one of the best written women ever put on television.

Thank you Peggy

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Another Bill posted:

Wasn't Dale's father a cowboy drag queen?

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Thank you Peggy

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Vakal posted:

Cowboy? Yes. Queen? Also yes.

Drag? No.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

drat those Mexican bananas....

naem
May 29, 2011

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Peggy is unique because she's one of the few television characters (animated or otherwise) that can interchangeably be the hero or villain depending on the episode. Sometimes she's an excellent self-sufficient woman, and sometimes she's a blowhard rear end in a top hat, and both of those characterizations feel completely true because she's been adequately fleshed out. I would argue that Peggy Hill is one of the best written women ever put on television.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Vakal posted:

No but the fact Dale put two and two together that his father had a PARTNER and had a SECRET IDENTITY meant he WAS A GOVERNMENT AGENT, combined with his dad's WTF reaction, was perfect.

And Dale is fine with his dad being gay. "Why would I mind? John Redcorn's gay and I've known him for years."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

In my opinion, I would argue that Peggy Hill is one of the best written women ever put on television.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

I think the trick is, those aren't mutually exclusive. She's smart and perceptive, and even has a measure of common sense, but also proud of it to the point where she frequently overreaches. And you can see where she gets it from, as everything about her family suggests that her having any sense or forethought made her a genius by comparison.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Another option would just to have Dale not talking anymore other than the occasional "yup" and have all of his antics happening in the background, like with a lot of the John Redcorn gags.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Could also put more Octavio in

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Hazo posted:

I forgot how great Dale's delivery is on "He won't catch a bullet!" when he cheerfully offers Joseph a handgun after John Redcorn snatches his arrow out of the air.

Dale's delivery is some of the best on the most throwaway lines

" Jennifer, we're fantastic!"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Did Hardwick also do the voice for the loudspeaker announcer guy? Because it sounds so much like him that early on I thought he Dale supposed to be the announcer.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Simple fix: Dale is now in an iron lung.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Dale’s Dead Lung

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Dreadnought Dale

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Younger, equally pretty, women

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

"Are these items available to the general public?"

"No :)"

"Then I love them!"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

PinheadSlim posted:

"Are these items available to the general public?"

"No :)"

"Then I love them!"

"It's a little early, but what the hell!"

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Wow, you're fun. You say what you think, like you're already drinking!

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

Did Hardwick also do the voice for the loudspeaker announcer guy? Because it sounds so much like him that early on I thought he Dale supposed to be the announcer.

yeah its definitely him and I too have wondered if it was supposed to be Dale

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Aloha it means hello and goodbye

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

BiggerBoat posted:

It's like the off-screen character on Trailer Park Boys who yells "WHAT IN THE gently caress!?" all the time, I can't tell if it's really the guy who plays Ricky or the one who plays Bubbles

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

PinheadSlim posted:

It's like the off-screen character on Trailer Park Boys who yells "WHAT IN THE gently caress!?" all the time, I can't tell if it's really the guy who plays Ricky or the one who plays Bubbles

According to Canon, that guy is the sometimes mentioned but never seen lovely Bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

loudspeaker guy is in the episode where peggy gets scammed by jeff goldblum