Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Bring back the game I paid for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I'd legit love a shield support, I loved original Sym and none of her reworks have really struck me. Doesn't seem likely, though.

heard u like girls posted:

Unironically bring back Orisa's magic displacement ball, man that character used to be so much fun and now is just meh.

She's my favorite tank currently but that was a fun ability for sure.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 14, 2023

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i think orissa is way more fun now and interrupting ults feels pretty godddamned good but i tell you what felt even better and thats simply plucking 2 or 3 of the enemy team off the bridge on rialto and dumping them in the canal like a pile of cool looking rocks i found

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Night market is my favorite for knocking people off the map as Orisa. Once you take the point, just sit by the door to the side entrance and wait. Someone will be dumb enough to try it.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

my favourite thing about lijang is how garden has the most obvious boop trap of the three maps but the other two maps have very good alternate routes to point that provide a lot of cover that open up a big chunk of the whole team to being dumpstered if you predict it

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I hate the flashpoint maps because mobility is key so you can't really play Ana on them. Also they go on forever.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I hate the flashpoint maps because mobility is key so you can't really play Ana on them. Also they go on forever.

I like it better than going through 3 separate control maps and having to load into each one and wait for the match to start

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

As someone who used to play a lot of Torb, I've had my share of terrible POTGs. This is the worst slash most amazing I've had in quite a while, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75YvRCSpa74

Edit: Anyone have advice on good settings to use for highlight saving? I'd like them to look a little less terrible but I don't want to bend my computer over OW's knee.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Aug 15, 2023

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Sorry for the overly long clip, skip to the last 15 seconds or so to see a comically wasted beat drop by the enemy Lucio.
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/baconfeet/video/178581424

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Mind over Matter posted:

As someone who used to play a lot of Torb, I've had my share of terrible POTGs. This is the worst slash most amazing I've had in quite a while, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75YvRCSpa74

lmao

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Does the game really need 15 different number-go-up progress bars after every match?
Mobile game rear end design.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah i super appreciate it taking longer now. Wouldn't be so bad if i could spam escape but it takes a second for the button to become active.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

My favorite UI design choice is that you can use ESC to back up out of menus until the main menu, but then it brings up some dumb new menu instead of being Quit like every other game ever made.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://hard-drive.net/hd/video-gam...ly-overwatch-3/

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Jack Trades posted:

Does the game really need 15 different number-go-up progress bars after every match?
Mobile game rear end design.

I can sort of half-see the point of seeing your various stats, maybe? But the fact that you have to click through your chosen highlight intro every drat time is super annoying to me.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Mind over Matter posted:

I miss the good ol torb potg days when you could spray, pop ult, and just hammer the wall while your Uber turret killed everyone

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Mind over Matter posted:

I can sort of half-see the point of seeing your various stats, maybe? But the fact that you have to click through your chosen highlight intro every drat time is super annoying to me.

also just hammering escape doesn't work, you have to click the button. it's dumb

cass blows now

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Inept posted:

also just hammering escape doesn't work, you have to click the button. it's dumb

cass blows now

Yeah, trying to hammer escape just puts you back into the longass bar screen and the button takes a second to pop up again. Jesus gently caress its like they want to annoy everyone into leaving.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

dogstile posted:

Yeah, trying to hammer escape just puts you back into the longass bar screen and the button takes a second to pop up again. Jesus gently caress its like they want to annoy everyone into leaving.

No, but you see, number go up make brain chemical go brr.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Ok I'm less annoyed at Illari now that I've played Winston into her, she's very easy to bully.

Captive Sun still feels like kind of a lot though.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

People always freak out at QP results. I’m not saying I know if she’s in real need of nerds or not but people flip out about games where literally nobody ever prioritizes her turrets, or plays dive etc

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Ok I'm less annoyed at Illari now that I've played Winston into her, she's very easy to bully.

You also need teammates that will make an effort to focus her pylon, the value she gets from it is insane.

toadee posted:

People always freak out at QP results. I’m not saying I know if she’s in real need of nerds or not but people flip out about games where literally nobody ever prioritizes her turrets, or plays dive etc

I think her pylon needs a slight nerf, though I'm not sure exactly in what way. Maybe have it self destruct after a while and have to be deployed again?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I have to admit I don't understand the new progression tracking at all. I've been playing a lot since the patch hit, and as of last night was Progression Level 4. My first game this morning got me Progression Level 5, and two matches later I hit Progression Level 6!

I'm sure there's a system to all this but gently caress if I know what it is.

Edit: And a couple hours later I'm up to 8. How confusing.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Aug 19, 2023

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

PantsBandit posted:

Doesn't she just jump away from you?

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

dogstile posted:

Both her heals can't go through Winston bubble and he can take out her turret pretty easily

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

d0grent posted:

Both her heals can't go through Winston bubble and he can take out her turret pretty easily

thankfully, he's one of the most easily countered heroes in the game. another Illari W

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

dogstile posted:

Any character that can force their way into her "heal-zone" long enough to break the pylon is a good counter. Her pylon's cooldown is long and during that time your team is at a nice advantage, so in my mind the entire strategy needs to revolve around keeping it broken.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Sure, I just assume winstons gonna get bodied if he jumps into the new character's team to deal with it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.eurogamer.net/blizzard-notes-overwatch-2s-review-bombs-but-insists-players-say-its-in-the-best-state-its-ever-been
:lol::lol::lol:

I'm sure if they repeat it enough it'll become true.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Aug 19, 2023

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm having fun playing OW2

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I'm having fun playing OW2

:same:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

dogstile posted:

Sure, I just assume winstons gonna get bodied if he jumps into the new character's team to deal with it.

Well that's the case with any diver, yeah? You either get the job done yourself or cause enough chaos to give your team an opening. Important thing is, you can consistently challenge their position.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
That pylons gonna be further back that most people can safely dive if its placed properly. You can't do the half dive against it. The full commitment thing might cause issues if the enemy knows you have to do it.

E: But honestly, what do i know, i just came off a game where the enemy hanzo killed 3 members of my team with headshots every fight while i kinda twiddled my thumbs and waited for everyone to stop feeding. Masters, lul. My problems with the game is more than just healing

dogstile fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Aug 19, 2023

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

dogstile posted:

That pylons gonna be further back that most people can safely dive if its placed properly. You can't do the half dive against it. The full commitment thing might cause issues if the enemy knows you have to do it.

If the Illari sees the leap coming they can also redeploy the pylon further back so that they can retreat past it.

I mean, they're technically not wrong in the sense that Overwatch 2 has been a raging garbage fire for its entire lifespan and now it's just a smoldering garbage fire

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker

Mind over Matter posted:

I have to admit I don't understand the new progression tracking at all. I've been playing a lot since the patch hit, and as of last night was Progression Level 4. My first game this morning got me Progression Level 5, and two matches later I hit Progression Level 6!

I'm sure there's a system to all this but gently caress if I know what it is.

Edit: And a couple hours later I'm up to 8. How confusing.

Every time you level up one of the progression stats on a character, your overall account progression level goes up.

Same for individual modes, I know at least Competitive has its own progression track. Maybe a set of stats like you get for insidiously characters too, but I haven’t really dived into the menu very much.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Proven posted:

Every time you level up one of the progression stats on a character, your overall account progression level goes up.

Same for individual modes, I know at least Competitive has its own progression track. Maybe a set of stats like you get for insidiously characters too, but I haven’t really dived into the menu very much.

Yeah I figured some stuff out thanks to an effortpost someone made on Reddit today, but thank you. That and I figured out I'd been hit by what is a common visual bug right now where your Progression Level display resets to zero. It's on the known issues list so hopefully fixed soon.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

It's a minor thing, but poo poo like this feels emblematic of Overwatch2

You've got a mythic skin, with two different types of gun, three models, and three skin colours. The customisation options have been broken up into three levels - 51, 61, and 80.

So WHY is the only reward at 61 the model, and not a model and a skin colour? For that matter, why aren't there three weapons options so there's an obvious progression step?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Give them some slack, they're just a poor indie company barely scraping by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

It's a good idea (splitting the mythic up) that only exists because of a bad idea (having time-limited battlepasses), executed poorly.

Pure Blizzard.