Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

The answer is 420 and/or 69.

Fool! With these sacred numbers you have summoned Elon. You are cursed to remain in Twitter!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

egg_dog posted:

bsky-social-4z▒▒▒-7qby5

The three missing letters are what pirates drink, spelled backwards.

02H

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
What's the big difference with Bluesky? How are they going to make money in a few years when they have their userbase without crapping everything up? I don't know much about it.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Just give it a couple more weeks and there will be more social network pyramid scheme invites than non-invite posts

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

wow this alt right guy owning twitter sure does suck huh? anyway can i get an invite to the other twitter owned by alt right guy

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

egg_dog posted:

bsky-social-4z▒▒▒-7qby5

But ssip is 4 letters?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Gorg is also 4 letters. This does not seem like an accurate riddle.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

cumpantry posted:

wow this alt right guy owning twitter sure does suck huh? anyway can i get an invite to the other twitter owned by alt right guy

Jack Dorsey still doesn't own or run BlueSky

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

cumpantry posted:

It isn't owned by an alt right guy, if you are talking about Jack. He has a minor stake, nowhere near ownership, he's just an investor.

Clown Suit Cowboy
Jun 27, 2023

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Sounds a lot like Borderlands 2.

Elon Musk is Homely Jack.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

2000+ posts, so I'll just ask, has Musk managed to sink lower than actively encouraging pedophilia on his platform yet?

If so, how?

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

FoolyCharged posted:

But ssip is 4 letters?

It's muc idiot.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I'm getting bored of elon misk

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

egg_dog posted:

bsky-social-4z▒▒▒-7qby5

muc

edit: Beaten,

Late to the muc party :(

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 18, 2023

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

They finally gently caress over Tweetdeck this morning?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

kdrudy posted:

They finally gently caress over Tweetdeck this morning?

Locked behind the paywall now

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Incredulous Dylan posted:

What's the big difference with Bluesky? How are they going to make money in a few years when they have their userbase without crapping everything up? I don't know much about it.

In a few years, Musk will buy it and rename it X2, solving all the shareholders' problems

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
XX is very feminine, maybe he'll use it as a gift to try and win back Grimes.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

goatface posted:

XX is very feminine, maybe he'll use it as a gift to try and win back Grimes.

lmao he's at the Grimes concert in Japan, live streaming it

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

kazil posted:

Locked behind the paywall now

Probably for the best, now I'll log in once every few weeks to check on people that aren't elsewhere but otherwise ignore it.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
BlueSky will become another X in the long-run because it has what alt-right chuds and Nazis want: an audience of libs and leftists to trigger. It’s not as much fun to be in a pure echo chamber compared to (thinking you’re) owning your posting enemies.

This is also part of the reason X will die; once the community becomes less ideologically diverse people will find it less entertaining. Some libs/leftists have a high threshold for tolerating an ambient level of transphobia, white supremacy, and apparently even CSAM, though, so X’s death might be a protracted one.

Because we’ve now seen this movie before, I’m not interested in joining BlueSky. Why build a habit on something fleetingly good when you know exactly how it will develop (badly).

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

John Wick of Dogs posted:

It isn't owned by an alt right guy, if you are talking about Jack. He has a minor stake, nowhere near ownership, he's just an investor.

Teratrain posted:

Jack Dorsey still doesn't own or run BlueSky

oh, sorry for spreading misinfo, i thought this whole bluesky deal was his

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Halisnacks posted:

Because we’ve now seen this movie before, I’m not interested in joining BlueSky. Why build a habit on something fleetingly good when you know exactly how it will develop (badly).

why shower if youre going to get dirty again

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Because you can choose not to go back to the social media filth again and stay clean and happier than you would be if you did.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

smoobles posted:

I'm getting bored of elon misk

Linus thread is the new poo poo

Elon is too dumb for this to be surprising when he so consistently does the stupidest thing

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Implying by metaphor that social media is in any way clean or cleansing. Bold move Cotton, let’s see if it works for them.

Konar posted:

Elon is too dumb for this to be surprising when he so consistently does the stupidest thing

Oh god I need to read the Linus thread

Hardcastlemccormik fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Aug 18, 2023

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Konar posted:

What's this about?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

I don't even own a social media :smug:

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Halisnacks posted:

BlueSky will become another X in the long-run because it has what alt-right chuds and Nazis want: an audience of libs and leftists to trigger. It’s not as much fun to be in a pure echo chamber compared to (thinking you’re) owning your posting enemies.

This is also part of the reason X will die; once the community becomes less ideologically diverse people will find it less entertaining. Some libs/leftists have a high threshold for tolerating an ambient level of transphobia, white supremacy, and apparently even CSAM, though, so X’s death might be a protracted one.

I think it's easy to fall into a mindset of thinking you need to replace X/Twitter. Why does it need to be replaced at all? Maybe the correct thing to do is just lance it off and replace it with grass touching, or reading a book etc.

Also Jack's thing is apparently Nostr - upon which he endlessly whines that Apple won't let it transact Bitcoin.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

:lmao: it's so over

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Steadiman posted:

What's this about?

The YouTube channel Linus Tech Tips (broad tech infotainment coverage) is in a blazing spiral after another YouTuber posted a pretty solid video on constant inaccuracies, ethical conduct, sloppy work, etc. After some very poorly considered back and forth along with a pretty bad apology video, sexual harassment claims came forward, followed by the usual “I didn’t know,” then proof they did know, and so on.

Linus himself presents as a friendly everyguy in his videos but the patterns are showing he’s cut from the same cloth as Elon. Guy cannot apologize or admit wrongdoing.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

The YouTube channel Linus Tech Tips (broad tech infotainment coverage) is in a blazing spiral after another YouTuber posted a pretty solid video on constant inaccuracies, ethical conduct, sloppy work, etc. After some very poorly considered back and forth along with a pretty bad apology video, sexual harassment claims came forward, followed by the usual “I didn’t know,” then proof they did know, and so on.

Linus himself presents as a friendly everyguy in his videos but the patterns are showing he’s cut from the same cloth as Elon. Guy cannot apologize or admit wrongdoing.

Ah that old chestnut

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Durzel posted:

I think it's easy to fall into a mindset of thinking you need to replace X/Twitter. Why does it need to be replaced at all? Maybe the correct thing to do is just lance it off and replace it with grass touching, or reading a book etc.

Because it provided easy access to a lot of content I appreciated, and a good way to quickly get important information in things like severe weather outbreaks where standard websites can't necessarily keep up as well? It's a mix of important and merely fun stuff, sure, but I think it's kinda silly to just dismiss it and tell people they shouldn't miss it.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

kazil posted:

GRIMES PLEASE LOVE ME AGAIN

Poster definitely at least partially AI generated, gently caress I hate its aesthetics. More greebles don't mean better art you cretins

I'd put money on it since the people who use AI to make art wholesale (references are fine) have no goddamn clue how to make something evocative

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

silly sevens

Captain Hygiene posted:

Because it provided easy access to a lot of content I appreciated, and a good way to quickly get important information in things like severe weather outbreaks where standard websites can't necessarily keep up as well? It's a mix of important and merely fun stuff, sure, but I think it's kinda silly to just dismiss it and tell people they shouldn't miss it.
I'll add that both BlueSky, and even Threads, users seem to be pretty pro-active in preventing the nazis to get a foot in the door and it's creating a surprisingly positive, and more importantly safe, environment for a lot of people.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

kazil posted:

:lmao: it's so over

Some bluesky codes since Twitter is gonna be dead when this goes through.

Edit: codes used

Piell fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Aug 18, 2023

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Piell posted:

Some bluesky codes since Twitter is gonna be dead when this goes through.

bsky-social-4glve-lozk3

got this one

lol if he removes block

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
That 100% kills Twitter/X. There are legitimate really good reasons to block people on social media but this rear end in a top hat is too dumb to realize it.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

A month ago there was a huge row over at Bluesky because apparently some Nazi signed up and was able to just set his username to the n-word. The filters that were already in place just didn't prevent that.

There were a lot of people very angry about that, and it took way too long for the Bluesky team to respond to that.

Here's the PR on GitHub: https://github.com/bluesky-social/atproto/pull/1318

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
I just want someone with a bot farm to keep @ing him until he understands why the feature exists.