Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

LiterallyATomato posted:

I'm rewatching all the BotW episodes in order. I like the shorter episodes near the beginning.

I also especially love the Mike/Rich/Jessi/Jay episodes. It's a man watching bad movies, drinking beer, and cracking jokes with his best friend, his girlfriend, and his business/creative partner. We should all be so lucky.

jesse is his best friend, rich is his girlfriend and jay is the partner right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
It's Rich all the way down.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

jesse is his best friend, rich is his girlfriend and jay is the partner right

I'm not sure but in my fanfiction I'm Jay's girlfriend.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Also: early, beardless Josh is King Baby, not Mr. Gaffigan.

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER

Thats great.

What I want are posters of the fake movies that Rick Dalton made in Italy.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

jazzyjay posted:

Thats great.

The background of that poster has some Inception poo poo going on, it rules

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

jazzyjay posted:

Thats great.

If you get a chance, check out QT’s podcast episodes on Rick Dalton. Quentin made a bunch of fake trivia about Rick’s career and it’s all great.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Skinnymyrinky

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Finally some good content!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ns9FOxZTx8

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Only if you buy me a drink first

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
dude gbs sucks

so loving hostile

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I love these so much

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Ehud posted:

I love these so much

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

LiterallyATomato posted:

What was it like visiting the guys to film the What's Your Number?/Black Ninja episode?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

roomtone posted:

dude gbs sucks

so loving hostile

shut the gently caress up

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Today's Framed threw me off very seriously with frame one. Given that I am literally listening to a podcast on North Korean weapons programs, I really should have gotten it sooner.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

roomtone posted:

dude gbs sucks

so loving hostile

You're goddamn right

Go fly a kite you son of a bench

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I love the Body Rap

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

LanceHunter posted:

Today's Framed threw me off very seriously with frame one. Given that I am literally listening to a podcast on North Korean weapons programs, I really should have gotten it sooner.

dunno what my brain did but I somehow confused the title of this one with pineapple express and wasted the rest of my tries throwing poo poo at the wall

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I guessed 8 mile on the first one then completely stumped on all the others.

Well on one I guessed atlas shrugged

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Gutcruncher posted:

Hah that was my first answer too but the 2nd I realized and got it, despite never seeing the movie the whole drama surrounding it was enough.

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:
oh my god

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqB-xmgjhgY

also the descent is a fuckin great movie

also also wasnt there some episode where mike goes on this ridiculous tangent about how homosexuality is bad and colin is literally going to murder him about it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Gutcruncher posted:

He was too old for 8 mile so I thought maybe the bot had hosed up and taken a screencap from some behind the scenes stuff for Venom

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

LanceHunter posted:

If you're not on the slack you are making a silly mistake

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

sinnesloeschen posted:

oh my god

also also wasnt there some episode where mike goes on this ridiculous tangent about how homosexuality is bad and colin is literally going to murder him about it

https://youtu.be/ewHyCq1mc80

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

oh poo poo it was world wide web... of deceit!

simply amazing

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

god drat it, I wish these assholes who steal content from the boys would at least cite the episode the clip is from so I can watch the whole thing

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

LanceHunter posted:

Wat podcast?

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

LiterallyATomato posted:

That every RLM fans fanfiction.
It's weird looking back at early episodes with Amish Jay, and slimmer Mike, that Mike was once the hot one of the pair.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

kalel posted:

god drat it, I wish these assholes who steal content from the boys would at least cite the episode the clip is from so I can watch the whole thing

Mr Wiggles King Tut

Or perhaps Mr Wiggies Kang Tits depending who you ask

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
https://twitter.com/redlettermedia/status/1692563517704983022?s=20

kalel posted:

It's always in the description. Best of the Worst Episode 37 - Wheel of the Worst 10

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

roomtone posted:

dude gbs sucks

so loving hostile

what happened baby

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Kingo Ligma posted:

Only if you buy me a drink first

a drinky drink surely

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

sinnesloeschen posted:

oh my god

What in the world?!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

I think was culture clash. I wouldn't be surprised if Colin has had experiences in the past where an American he thought was a normal guy suddenly busts out some insane poo poo.

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER

Jose Oquendo posted:

If you get a chance, check out QT’s podcast episodes on Rick Dalton. Quentin made a bunch of fake trivia about Rick’s career and it’s all great.

That's awesome, I love QT's commitment to that bit.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Marenghi posted:

It's always in the description. Best of the Worst Episode 37 - Wheel of the Worst 10

not in that one motherfucker!!!! but thank you kindly

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
As a Gay, I agree that being homosexual is a sin, like Mike says in every video

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Mike signing Rich’s name to twitter posts will never not be funny to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Patreon Update!

Red Letter Media posted:

Like pretty much everyone that's worked with video as long as we have, we've built up a huge amount of footage over the years. In the first image, you can see some of our earliest external hard drives which are bulky and weird shaped. They have to be close to 20 years old at this point!

For the majority of the time we've been doing Half in the Bag and beyond, we've stored all our raw footage and edits on these Western Digital drives and when one fills up, we just move on to a new one. We've got a ton of these drives now! Way more than what you see in these photos. They're still great for storing everything and we still have all our raw footage from pretty much everything we've ever shot on them, minus a couple of drives that have just stopped working over the years.

A year or two ago, we finally got a NAS server to have a secure and complete archive of every video we've ever made all in one place. If you're not familiar with a NAS, it stands for Network Attached Storage and it's basically just a bay of hard drives that all work together to create one big storage pool. All our raw footage is still just backed up on those Western Digital drives, but the final videos are stored on the NAS (in a RAID 6 configuration so if one or even two of the drives fails, all the data is still safe) and another storage unit is synced to it via USB to create a backup copy of the archive. With this set up, we should be in pretty good shape of never losing anything important from a hard drive failure.

Before the NAS archive, if we wanted to use a clip from an older video, we'd have to dig through our dozens of external drives to find the right one that has what we're looking for on it or we'd just download the youtube version and use that. But now we have every video and every short film and every feature we've ever done for the past 20+ years all saved in one place in full resolution. Organization is fun!

Red Letter Media's pulling off a storage solution more robust and advanced than Linus Tech Tips.