Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

selec
Sep 6, 2003

https://twitter.com/andylevy/status/1692586413168992336?s=46&t=6Q05E9cp_ar9ql-5Jy81HQ

he’s gonna get to take a long walk with tim apple again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

no way he actually goes through with this, not even his sycophants think its a good idea

That's how he knows it's a truly revolutionary idea that will fix everything

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

what is the functional difference between blocking and muting? block prevents their tweets from being loaded at all while mute puts a "this tweet is from somebody you muted" note, or something else?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

World War Mammories posted:

what is the functional difference between blocking and muting? block prevents their tweets from being loaded at all while mute puts a "this tweet is from somebody you muted" note, or something else?

Muted people can still be on your replies and can still quote rt your tweets

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

bluesky is bogged down with people trying to join. the clamor for invites is growing

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It really was stupid that when someone blocked you it made it so nobody saw what you were quote tweeting. They're not blocked!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Why would Linda Yaccarino do this

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Linda yikesarino

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Elinda Muskkarino

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Glumwheels posted:

Didn’t he say large blocklists break the site and make it expensive for Xitter? No one working their currently probably knows how large number of blocks feeds into account visibility and such.

Anyway, just further destruction of Xitter and I’m here for it. Losing more advertisers and Linda will be blamed for it.

Next he’s going to force everyone to read nazi screeds and other racist, bigoted poo poo because “in the public square” evryone should be heard.

lol thinking of the goon that only posted in coupons that had so many people on his ignore list it broke the forums

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
I'm sure advertisers will love not being able to block people posting horrific poo poo on their ads

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

UFOTacoMan posted:

got a couple bluesky codes if anyone wants, PM me

who is good to follow on there?

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Adenoid Dan posted:

I'm sure advertisers will love not being able to block people posting horrific poo poo on their ads
he's gonna make blocking people a benefit of being a verified organization i bet ($1000/month)

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

who is good to follow on there?

I love this guy
https://bsky.app/profile/adamultraberg.bsky.social

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Malloc Voidstar posted:

he's gonna make blocking people a benefit of being a verified organization i bet ($1000/month)

He's going to make you follow blue checkmarks if you don't have one

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man
Will elon be so bitchmade that only he has a block button?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

That DICK! posted:

it was a guilty pleasure at first keeping the twitter account around to watch all the madness but its way boring now. ty for getting me off the socials sir

it's funny seeing the babylon bee guy wanting to sue people who make fun of him and dozens of blue checks earnestly egging him on

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

it's funny seeing the babylon bee guy wanting to sue people who make fun of him and dozens of blue checks earnestly egging him on

It's even funnier that he keeps deleting the tweets like a baby back bitch.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
theres some pretty strong paper bags out there, like if you had a very high ply paper bag with water resistant coatings it might be really hard to fight your way out of it

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Which means either

a) Elon will have his own, exclusive, special boy "block" button

or

b) anyone who shits on his posts or trolls him will get banned or those tweets mysteriously vanish.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Groovelord Neato posted:

A lot of lovely reactionaries are super block happy so I'm guessing they're whining in his DMs about this. Chris Rufo and the Libsoftiktok lady block everyone.

Really? I mean a few are (like your examples) but I noted most of them view blocking as a sign of concession and weakness. People who block are triggered cowards, unlike me who is totally Not Triggered by all your commie whining :smug:

Also, I hope it happens so they can unleash The Greg lol
https://twitter.com/celestevilnueva/status/1692565615821615495?t=DzgcTcHASMrCcBAm-zWPRQ&s=19

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
The obvious play is to make blocking an X-premium only feature

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

no way he actually goes through with this, not even his sycophants think its a good idea

he could definitely do it.
he has record of never listening to anyone ftw.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473706394009759744?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1692572880461087124?t=739sf0blmdvjj3AETguTQA&s=19

What's a mute that isn't a block

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

on top of the TOS violations it may actually violate several international laws

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Mute means you don't see their posts when they're spamming dead bodies in your replies (everyone who looks at your replies still sees the gore)

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Mute means you don't see their posts when they're spamming dead bodies in your replies (everyone who looks at your replies still sees the gore)

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I see nothing but success for the social media app where every post is followed by a hundred bots calling you the N word

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

Lid posted:

What's a mute that isn't a block

block also makes it so they cant see your posts or interact with them in anyway (no QTs) obviously they can just log out or if you are locked into "followers only" mode, make another account to look at your content but it does make it harder to harass someone

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

This will never happen because it'll get him kicked from the app stores. But it is funny seeing him reap the consequences of making the site even shittier. People will use the block more when its filled with nazis, scammers, bots, and weird guys who post CP to own the libs.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Panfilo posted:

Really? I mean a few are (like your examples) but I noted most of them view blocking as a sign of concession and weakness. People who block are triggered cowards, unlike me who is totally Not Triggered by all your commie whining :smug:

I'm blocked by a few hundred accounts and every single one is a reactionary - they're terribly thin skinned. And Musk's replies are full of a bunch of them begging him not to go through with the change.

It's a bad move in general but it'd be a lot of fun for me since I use twitter almost exclusively to poo poo on awful people. It's not going to happen just like when blue checks were going to be pay only but then he realized how verification is actually important and backtracked.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1279319426299572224

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Elon will make it so that you can still block on the Iphone Twitter application but not on other interfaces, however to use the Iphone app you must pay $39/month 🤣

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Grey Fox posted:

did elon find a new way to juice engagement cuz twitter opens two identical tabs if you click on Show More on Firefox, fuckin dogshit website

the punishment for clicking show more should be much harsher

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Stairmaster posted:

bluesky is not loading cause of elons fuckups lol

funny because jack is in elon's replies agreeing with him

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
only blue checkmarks may block

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
X™ Blue™ Premium Plus™ customers can add the new TrueBlocking© to their monthly subscription at the low price of 25¢ for the first 1000 blocks and 5¢ for every additional 100.

Subscribe to X™ Blue™ Diamond™ to be immune to TrueBlocking©

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

this is definitely because people keep blocking advertisers on twitter