Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

I assume Elon is like this because he probably got banned from FYAD in like 2017 for being an unfunny dickrider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Apologies if I already said this, but I think getting rid of bans is going to cause a bunch of people I follow who are outspoken and not white men to finally give up on the app which will also cause me to give up on the app, because them still posting is the main reason I still look at twitter.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Musk says you'll still be able to block DMs, just not public posts. You'll be able to mute someone from your public posts, which means you won't see them but everyone else will (similar to how ignore works on SA).

saintonan fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 18, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That is the face of a man who just got done tying someone to railroad tracks

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
This joke has already been made a bunch, but he should just let Twitter users change each other's profile pics for a small fee.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

C-Euro posted:

This joke has already been made a bunch, but he should just let Twitter users change each other's profile pics for a small fee.

:goatsecx: as far as the eye can see

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
(Insert majestic pic of Grand Pacific Glacier from Glacier Bay here:)

Enjoying the view when the captain comes up in the PA talking about how climate change is affecting this area, and how as individuals we should try to reduce their carbon footprint.

Conveniently absent from his spiel: how gigantic a carbon footprint cruise ships actually have. :thunk:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's pretty funny that I can't get onto bluesky to give out my two stored codes right now due to the site being hammered to death by everyone else going to bluesky right now.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Kalli posted:

It's pretty funny that I can't get onto bluesky to give out my two stored codes right now due to the site being hammered to death by everyone else going to bluesky right now.

If the site is getting hammered with account access getting restricted then it’s never going to replace Twitter. They need to scale up fast.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Bird in a Blender posted:

If the site is getting hammered with account access getting restricted then it’s never going to replace Twitter. They need to scale up fast.

How we so quickly forget the era of the fail whale

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Scaling up fast is incredibly nontrivial, and bluesky not managing it today is not a death sentence, as long as they can manage it within weeks, before everyone writes them off.

Anyone got a bluesky for me? I wouldn't mind checking the thing out.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

Scaling up fast is incredibly nontrivial, and bluesky not managing it today is not a death sentence, as long as they can manage it within weeks, before everyone writes them off.

Anyone got a bluesky for me? I wouldn't mind checking the thing out.

check your DMs

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Dating is wild y’all. I don’t know how y’all do it. My coworker and I are going through her bumble matches and the photos these guys post and the bios they put out there. Lord have mercy.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Someone definitely showed Elon how many accounts have him blocked

That and/or advertisers are upset about being instablocked by a huge portion of the user base

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

JPrime posted:

check your DMs

Got it, thanks!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Braksgirl posted:

Dating is wild y’all. I don’t know how y’all do it. My coworker and I are going through her bumble matches and the photos these guys post and the bios they put out there. Lord have mercy.

Years ago one of my wife’s friends was online dating and talking about the sheer volume of unsolicited dick pics.

I’ve never done any online dating but I’m not sure I’d survive. Very happy to have locked up my wife in-person 11 years ago.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Braksgirl posted:

I'm in this post and I don't like it

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I decided to take a break from the dating apps and weirdly got introduced to the Dr. within like two days of deleting them.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Some people like dick pics.

Like this lady, who really really likes them.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

“dick pics”

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I have never sent a dick pic.

I mean, having to develop a daguerreotype & send it via pony express seems like a lot of work these days.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Braksgirl posted:

I have a lot of words I want to say on this subject, but I'll just leave it at: dating apps are totally hopeless for me.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

Braksgirl posted:

Post some of the content

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

If youre worried about accessibility, send a 3d printed model of your dilz for the blind. It's the polite thing to do.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

Any fish photos?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Braksgirl posted:

A good friend of mine is coming up on three years with her boyfriend, who she met online in the height of COVID. It can be done!

For my part, it's been so long since I've dated that I'm not sure I could learn how to again. I'm good where I'm at.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

who should I be following on bluesky
I found george takai and that's about it

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

who should I be following on bluesky
I found george takai and that's about it

Just follow a few cool people and then raid their following lists

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Neil Gaiman's a pretty chill follow

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'm probably on the autism spectrum and am a mess of a human being who acts like a moron and doesnt really know how to socialize properly. I met one woman who said "Whoa I want a piece of that stupid mess" and I'm very fortunate because she's awesome.

Apparently me lurching around like a hunchback on our second date was very endearing. So I guess do that if you find yourself single.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

look if I knew who were cool people I wouldn't be a 48 year old white dude stumbling around on this newfangled contraption trying to print out this internet superhighway

Kalli posted:

Neil Gaiman's a pretty chill follow

good call

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

e: well nevermind :lol: thanks Freaquency

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 18, 2023

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

look if I knew who were cool people I wouldn't be a 48 year old white dude stumbling around on this newfangled contraption trying to print out this internet superhighway

good call

Oh well if you can’t find cool people then like half of TFF is already there so you can just follow us instead

A bunch of the big Twitter people are already there so it just depends on what you’re looking for. Ken Klippenstein is a good follow if you want the lefty/politics stuff. Most of the weird Twitter people are reposting all of the stuff the post to Twitter on Bluesky. Mara Wilson is cool? Lots of the Defector staff are on there, but not many other sports people are yet.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Freaquency posted:

Any fish photos?

So many. If it wasn’t with a fish, it was a group photo and it was the only photo so you have no idea which guy it is. And the bios were so lame like “My friends say I need to get out more. Here I am.” loving lame. One guy had no bio, just two interests: beer and bar.

I just….don’t think I’d ever want to date men if that’s what I have to choose from.

On the plus side, she does have a coffee date with a guy she initially wasn’t interested in but I said looked like he might have potential. His initial text was more than “I like your glasses” which is what she got from someone else.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

any machu picchu pics?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
For a long time my profile said "Nowadays I'm always hearing about 'late capitalism', but I really think capitalism is just getting started."

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I’m a single loser who is too cowardly/lazy/ugly to using dating apps AMA

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

You literally just have to put in an ounce of effort which is way too much work for most dudes.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I like to ask the girl questions that make her regret everything to do with me. Questions like "Is a pizza an open-faced sandwich"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003