Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many of this month's B-league main eventers do you recognize without googling?
This poll is closed.
Logan Storley 16 9.20%
Brennan Ward 17 9.77%
Chingiz Allazov 13 7.47%
Marat Grigorian 7 4.02%
Bubba Jenkins 21 12.07%
Jesus Pinedo 4 2.30%
Renan Ferreira 7 4.02%
Maurice Greene 24 13.79%
Clay Collard 22 12.64%
Shane Burgos 43 24.71%
Total: 46 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
I would quite like to see both O'Malley and Sterling gently caress off back to their home planets and have somebody like merab or Umar be the champion.

Sterling is a lay and pray artist who took a round and a half to finish a dude who started a fight with only one functional arm. O'Malley is the result of if rumble and gab had a child and used kick as a nanny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I have no problems with O'Malley personally, he's a very entertaining fighter. But I am a little slut for watching Dana hilariously, embarrassingly not get his way more than the alternative so I'll be rooting for a very quick uneventful finish.

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

cagliostr0 posted:

Sterling is a lay and pray artist who took a round and a half to finish a dude who started a fight with only one functional arm. O'Malley is the result of if rumble and gab had a child and used kick as a nanny.

Aljo has finished 7 fights in the UFC alone, including a vicious knee in the first Yan fight

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I love how Omalley thought he was going to be the next Conor and make 50 mil over a few year period, started getting goofy face tats and resigning his life to fame and fortune, ended up hitting his ceiling and is about to get whooped and sent to the back of the pack again. I don't think he is a particularly good fighter or person. I'll still watch the fight but its getting to the point where I barely even know when events are anymore and couldn't tell you most or any of the main card, whereas a few years ago I'd know every event as soon as it was announced and I'd be talking to everyone at work about it etc. I'm going into maintenance mode at this point.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The biggest thing about the Conor clones is forgetting Conor was a really incredible fighter before he fell into drug addiction. Like top tier who made other champions look foolish in the striking gaps. He could afford to be cock Mystic Mac because he could always back it up.

O'Malley couldn't even back up Kalib Starnes if he had a pitchfork and a gun.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

reeg posted:

Aljo has finished 7 fights in the UFC alone, including a vicious knee in the first Yan fight

lol

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

reeg posted:

GodDAMN

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

O'Malley is a world class fighter. He's just not elite and sold like he is.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

reeg posted:

I don't watch the preshow so I only saw the first Yan fight and the tj finishes. His championship run has not been great.

Win via dq
Fitching
Managed to eek out a win against the one armed boxer
A close decision win against a retired 125lber who succumbed to the siren call of burgers

Now he's fighting tekashi six whine

Keptbroom
Sep 10, 2009
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwEHlMrA32w/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA%3D%3D

Kevin Lee tore his ACL just getting into the cage.

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
woo hoo time to fight! first I'll do some weird acrobatic poo poo I don't ever do, as a warmup.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

BlindSite posted:

O'Malley is a world class fighter. He's just not elite and sold like he is.

Basically this. UFC still treats us like dumbasses

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Lid posted:

O'Malley couldn't even back up Kalib Starnes if he had a pitchfork and a gun.
O’Malley is bad box art for a mid-90’s Build engine FPS

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
ONE Friday fights in 20mins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GhHPH3h09k

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

The dream is over. Fight is cancelled

https://twitter.com/PFLMMA/status/1692529200274772008?s=20

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

god drat bullshit

mewse
May 2, 2006

CarlCX posted:

I regret to report I am fully defecting to the Ian Garry side of the Magny conflict.

https://twitter.com/iangarryMMA/status/1691966026026467820

Come on Magny :(

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
What happened with Serra-Longo? I haven’t followed that team or Weidman’s training closely. Did Serra retire?

cagliostr0 posted:

I would quite like to see both O'Malley and Sterling gently caress off back to their home planets and have somebody like merab or Umar be the champion.

I wonder which man has the least regressive views on gender. Aljo showed himself with the insult on O’Malley.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Anyone want to 1 week probate bet with me?

I got Aljo, anyone want to take OMalley?

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

kimbo305 posted:

What happened with Serra-Longo? I haven’t followed that team or Weidman’s training closely. Did Serra retire?

I don't think Weidman trains at Longo's anymore. I think he moved to a different state.

e: checked, he moved to South Carolina. Probably too far of a commute to train with Longo.

Fozzy The Bear fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Aug 18, 2023

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Serra did retire and only corners specific people now. I heard at one point that it was on track to be renamed Longo-Weidman-Something.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
dont see that every day

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/1692580780667449480?t=_lqvZ751FoKl4Vp1g4K-GA&s=19

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
one of the tshirt dudes I follow that does drops mostly does movie stuff. but today he dropped a PRIDE/Blood Meridian shirt that’s one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen:

https://andafterthat.net/products/pride-tee

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
^^^ lobster's post I love this stupid sport

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Best part is the "winning" fighter triumphantly raising his hand in celebration

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I like the guy offering his mouthguard to the winner. Wanna see fighters collect mouthguards like ears in Diablo 2 and wear them around their necks.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Remember that one from years ago where an undefeated guy got tired of beating his opponent bloody without the ref stopping it and tapped the mat and submitted and, I think, retired from MMA? This is the reverse of that.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Good afternoon MMA thread I am but a humble wrasslin guy and enjoy my fighting games.

So if this has been posted already I apologize, what the gently caress is this???

https://twitter.com/PFLMMA/status/1692635539642736664

Why is a red haired Yamazaki kicking mustache Brazilian buttlift man square in the face and no one is in any kind of gear or........yeah I'm so very confused and :lol: at the short guy getting knocked out.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Clearly faked, you can tell from the way the left cheek jiggles he wasn't really out.

mewse
May 2, 2006

STABASS posted:

Clearly faked, you can tell from the way the left cheek jiggles he wasn't really out.

I dunno, Frankie was wearing gloves which leads me to believe this was a sanctioned bout.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

too lazy to make a gdt for it, but if you are a b league pervert, pfl is finally getting fighters to walk to the SMART CAGE

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Got ya
GDT for all the cards this weekend
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4039751

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Jiro posted:

Good afternoon MMA thread I am but a humble wrasslin guy and enjoy my fighting games.

So if this has been posted already I apologize, what the gently caress is this???

Why is a red haired Yamazaki kicking mustache Brazilian buttlift man square in the face and no one is in any kind of gear or........yeah I'm so very confused and :lol: at the short guy getting knocked out.

lmao what the gently caress, I'm also very confused

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

seems dumber than ufc doing that jake gyllenhall movie in between fights

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'm not sure why they have a guy in Yujiro Hanma cosplay beating up people but it's really funny.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

one of the tshirt dudes I follow that does drops mostly does movie stuff. but today he dropped a PRIDE/Blood Meridian shirt that’s one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen:

https://andafterthat.net/products/pride-tee
thank you for this

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jiro posted:

that was real.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

I wonder which man has the least regressive views on gender. Aljo showed himself with the insult on O’Malley.

Probably don't google the Nurmagomedov's views on things if you're upset about Magny's views lol.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Ancient roman christian going up to a lion with a confused look on his face, handing it his mouthguard and making an x with his forearms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I don't think Weidman trains at Longo's anymore. I think he moved to a different state.

e: checked, he moved to South Carolina. Probably too far of a commute to train with Longo.

Hunh, I knew e: Wonderboy's brother married his sister, but I didn't know it affected his camp affilition like that.

Wonderboy is pretty active on "training martial arts" Youtube, and their gym is a lot of people who have solid facsimiles of his sport karate style. Obviously, since his dad is the head coach.
I'm curious how much that would have changed/affected Weidman's striking.

BlindSite posted:

Probably don't google the Nurmagomedov's views on things if you're upset about Magny's views lol.

Oh I'm caught up. As I've said before, send me all the "fighters are bad people in real life" updates.

kimbo305 fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Aug 19, 2023