Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

and 18 Seconds.

That was the last wrestlmania I paid for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm legit glad Sheamus got a sweet moment :unsmith:

Goodbye Edge, again. Whether this is really it or he gets one last moment with Christian too first, I think we can all agree: he ruined his Observer HOF chances by coming back and literally nothing good coming from it But the farewell

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1692718283445739723

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Chris James 2 posted:

Goodbye Edge, again. Whether this is really it or he gets one last moment with Christian too first, I think we can all agree: he ruined his Observer HOF chances by coming back and literally nothing good coming from it But the farewell

nothing good? did you forget he was in the greatest match ever?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
My wife’s cousin was a nominee for the NHL’s Willie O’Ree award and he met Sheamus at the ceremony while in Nashville and said he was a good guy. That also explains why he’s the only wrestler she could name.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Chris James 2 posted:

The best thing that came from his return is The Judgement Day and being kicked out of said Judgement Day

bartok
May 10, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

It would be hilarious if he goes to AEW and it reinvigorates his career like Christian and Sting.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There was a really good match somewhere in Edge vs. Sheamus, but the way WWE lays out, commentates and shoots its matches is so loving godawful.

Like, the finish is they kick out of each other's finishers, then they both just go all out to try and hit their finishers one more time and Edge barely manages to hit his first, which is a cool finish, but you can barely even see Sheamus because the shot is just on Edge the entire loving time. Boo. BOO!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Intruder posted:

who did slapjack vote for

Slapjack actually doesn't understand the concept of voting and just draws dicks on the ballot.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Intruder posted:

Was that the match where Meltzer said that he'd rather get waterboarded?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
No that was their plodding Wrestlemania match, which sucked so bad that they had to do the Greatest Wrestling Match Ever to make up for it

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Chris James 2 posted:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

SLAP
JACK

TEE-BARR

and mace

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Intruder posted:

I still remember the announcer lady saying “this will truly be the greatest match ever” or something as soon as it was announced and it will always be so funny to me

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Just as a match and just like, looking at the work given by the two wrestlers in the match, the Greatest Match Ever was legitimately, like, really great. It was a 4.5 star match, low-level MOTYC stuff, at least by pandemic standards.

But the production was absolutely baffling. The way it was produced and the commentary was like....trying to portray it as a serious match and a big momentous event, but also taking the piss out of wrestling as a whole. You really got this sense that the people responsible for producing the match really resented wrestling under the surface.

And of course, this was pandemic, so it was pre-recorded, which meant WWE loving did RESHOOTS IN IT, as in, they had guys go back and repeat spots until they got a take they liked. Which just completely invalidates everything about it and makes it a complete farce and it . Bonus, Edge got injured on one of the reshoots and missed the rest of the year.

I don't expect anybody to go back and rewatch it to verify anything I'm saying because pandemic stuff is a hard rewatch and it doesn't get much harder than empty-rear end WWEPC pandemic stuff. But Edge and Orton really worked their assess off in that match and unironically tried to have the greatest possible match they could.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Cool dude, great wrestler, fun personality. I'm glad to have been vindicated by always kinda digging him. Only time I disliked him it wasn't really his fault, during some bad face runs and 18 Seconds. Otherwise he's been more hit than miss any time I've seen him.

My favorite Sheamus moment is when he had his YouTube series based around how different wrestlers work out and his guest was Daniel Bryan. Towards the end, Bryan was crawling around on some monkey bars and Sheamus suddenly started acting like an angry parent, putting his hands on his hips and yelling, "Daniel Bryan, you get down here right this instant!"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This is the best Sheamus moment and it's not even close

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7086189740269014277

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

Just as a match and just like, looking at the work given by the two wrestlers in the match, the Greatest Match Ever was legitimately, like, really great. It was a 4.5 star match, low-level MOTYC stuff, at least by pandemic standards.

It absolutely stank lol are you crazy

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

It is really funny that they're actively trying to kill LA Knight now. Jobbing him out to Theory and getting him into a feud with the Miz.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The best part of the Greatest Wrestling Match Ever was that it aired after annoying bit of Leg Slap discourse sparked by some snarky comments Orton made, and then that match ended with Randy slapping his leg on a punt

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

PlasticAutomaton posted:

It is really funny that they're actively trying to kill LA Knight now. Jobbing him out to Theory and getting him into a feud with the Miz.

Wrong, they’re trying to rally fans behind him ala Daniel Bryan!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

The thing is, for WWE it is counter productive for them to get anyone over. Unless the plan is for them to beat Roman for the title.

Because if someone gets over, then the fans will want them to beat Roman for the title, and only be sad/angry when they don't. Which we all know they wont.

So until they decide who that is, (a returning Rock after his pitch for The Tooth Fairy vs Black Adam doesn't get off the ground and he loses all his money trying to self finance it), they will be stuck with a giant medocre mid card filled with people getting their heads pushed down if they dare to try and stand out.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It absolutely stank lol are you crazy

I remember it being pretty good. The match they had before it was one of the worst matches I’ve ever seen though.

I like Edge I think he’s cool.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I didn't watch that match. how was it?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
The best Shaemus thing is his website, which I am 100% confident he coded himself probably as like a teenager, so much lore!

http://www.sosofficial.com/gallery6.shtml

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wasn’t he a computer janitor in his pre-wrestling career

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

God that owns :allears:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
when Sheamus debuted, he was triple h's workout buddy who won the title after a bad finish Cena match, and then did 18 Seconds. every thing after that has been pretty good though and he seems like a nice man.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Sheamus and Cesaro looked like they were having so much fun when they were the Bar.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
smh that no one has mentioned Sheamus's cousin Beaker yet.

https://youtu.be/uhFniiuj77Y

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They really picked some of the best wrestlers to be involved with that. Christian might as well be a villain from a Muppet movie.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Even his initial WWE Championship win was fun even if due to the awkward finish people thought it was a botch they ran with. It was cool to see someone so new get rocketed to the top, despite the Triple H's Workout Buddy stories. But it definitely took him a while to get really really good and the poor booking didn't help.

Erin M. Fiasco fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Aug 19, 2023

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RealityWarCriminal posted:

when Sheamus debuted, he was triple h's workout buddy who won the title after a bad finish Cena match, and then did 18 Seconds. every thing after that has been pretty good though and he seems like a nice man.

My friend worked with him on some promo stuff a few years ago , said he was a total gent. He got Sheamus to cut a promo on me on video, very nice!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sheamus was cool in ecw and got over relatively fast by beating people up. i remember his first little feud was with goldust and they had a good brawl or two. anyway that was 2 years before daniel bryan hurt his reputation. kind of sad

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

The thing is, for WWE it is counter productive for them to get anyone over. Unless the plan is for them to beat Roman for the title.

Because if someone gets over, then the fans will want them to beat Roman for the title, and only be sad/angry when they don't. Which we all know they wont.

So until they decide who that is, (a returning Rock after his pitch for The Tooth Fairy vs Black Adam doesn't get off the ground and he loses all his money trying to self finance it), they will be stuck with a giant medocre mid card filled with people getting their heads pushed down if they dare to try and stand out.

imagine if literally anything in the undercard mattered

LA Knight is fun and deserves a nice place but god, imagine if they cared about anything other than loving roman

Sheamus was very polite when I met him and very kind. A+ person, still gonna boo him when he comes out though. :3: For old times' sakes.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MJeff posted:

But the production was absolutely baffling. The way it was produced and the commentary was like....trying to portray it as a serious match and a big momentous event, but also taking the piss out of wrestling as a whole. You really got this sense that the people responsible for producing the match really resented wrestling under the surface.

And of course, this was pandemic, so it was pre-recorded, which meant WWE loving did RESHOOTS IN IT, as in, they had guys go back and repeat spots until they got a take they liked. Which just completely invalidates everything about it and makes it a complete farce and it . Bonus, Edge got injured on one of the reshoots and missed the rest of the year.

I don't expect anybody to go back and rewatch it to verify anything I'm saying because pandemic stuff is a hard rewatch and it doesn't get much harder than empty-rear end WWEPC pandemic stuff. But Edge and Orton really worked their assess off in that match and unironically tried to have the greatest possible match they could.

Wow, I wholeheartedly agree.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Even his initial WWE Championship win was fun even if due to the awkward finish people thought it was a botch they ran with. It was cool to see someone so new get rocketed to the top, despite the Triple H's Workout Buddy stories. But it definitely took him a while to get really really good and the poor booking didn't help.

The only booking worse than WWE trying to kill your heat is when WWE is actively trying to get you over.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Sheamus' Raw debut where he murdered Jamie Noble and then demanded a rematch the next week to murder him again while one guy near the camera absolutely screamed stuff like "get him some more, Big Red! get him some more!" and then howled with laughter while Noble sold a powerbomb by honking like a goose is one of my favorite wrestling things ever.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Post the :honk:

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgPate0NIdk&t=137s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005