Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Saoshyant posted:

Way of the Househusband v10 (read right to left):

Live healthy or face the consequences!
First one's free!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Still my favorite due to her deer-in-the-headlights response

E: gotta be like first or second volume

Phy posted:

They are getting a lot of mileage out of "you can take the gangster out of the gang, but you can't take the gang out of the gangster". I mean, it's basically the only joke, but it's a good one done well.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Saoshyant posted:

Way of the Househusband is always a delight to read.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Air Skwirl posted:

Why is Johnny's costume red? I think #136 is a little but after I stopped reading early F4 (the quality really dropped off once Kirby left, in a way that didn't happen when Ditko left Spider-Man, so I only read like a dozen issues before giving up).

I don't really know why they changed it, but his costume was like that for a while. Don't feel bad about dropping it; you're basically missing nothing until Byrne shows up.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Saoshyant posted:

Granny squad is back in action!

Kuros posted:

Way of the Househusband is always a delight to read.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Firestorm, The Nuclear Man #68 (1988)

Read panels right to left.

Kinnikuman Vol. 1 (1980)

Superman: The Secret Years #1 (1985)

Mystery Men Comics #29 (1941)

Superboy #131 (1966)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The next Superman film needs to just be a series of vignettes that are all Silver Age style. Maximum unpredictable wackiness.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Doctor Skeleton
Nov 15, 2003

Are those old Superboy comics collected anywhere? They are consistently cracking me up.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Way of the Househusband (right to left)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Same

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Cage! #4 (2017)

Journey into Mystery #65 (1961)

Superman: The Power Within (2015; reprints)

The Champions #3 (1976)

Ranma 1/2 Vol. 19 (1992)

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Read right-to-left:

Context: Ranma and Ryoga have discovered a technique that's fueled by feelings of sadness:

Ranma 1/2, ch. 204

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Keromaru5 posted:

Read right-to-left:

Context: Ranma and Ryoga have discovered a technique that's fueled by feelings of sadness:

Ranma 1/2, ch. 204

Ranma immediately signs up for Twitter Blue

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I have not read that story but I am 1,000% sure the way Ranma wins is by dressing as a girl and acting as Ryoga's girlfriend to raise him out of depression and sinking as low as possible in the process.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Kalli posted:

I have not read that story but I am 1,000% sure the way Ranma wins is by dressing as a girl and acting as Ryoga's girlfriend to raise him out of depression and sinking as low as possible in the process.

Nope! Ranma finds out that he’s too cocky to use depression based ki so he ends up shooting energy based off of how confident he is instead. This ends up making him equally matched against Ryoga’s depression… right up until Akane calls Ryoga a “good friend”, which supercharges Ryoga’s depression wave.

Iirc he wins by having Ryoga get hit by his own depression wave while not completely depressed, which knocks him out

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Is it pronounced "Ranma One Two" or "Ranma Half"? I've been wondering since the SNES fighter game.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Kalli posted:

Nope, that's earlier, so Ranma can try and figure out how the technique works. It's not even much of a disguise. Like, c'mon Ryoga, you know what girl Ranma looks like, and he's done this to you before. He even once convinced you he was your long-lost sister!

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Air Skwirl posted:

Is it pronounced "Ranma One Two" or "Ranma Half"? I've been wondering since the SNES fighter game.
Ranma Nibun-no-ichi.

But in all seriousness, "Ranma One-Half."

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

They should really do a reboot of the Ranma anime at some point, there's a lot of good manga content past the point where the original series stopped

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

(Right to Left)

Kirby of the Stars! Raging Pupupu Hour! - Chapter 5

Keromaru5 posted:

Ranma Nibun-no-ichi.

But in all seriousness, "Ranma One-Half."

You'd be wrong :colbert:

Ranma Half

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
In twenty years we'll get the sequel series about Ranma's daughter, also named Ranma, who sometimes turns into a boy.

Ranma 2/2

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Green Lantern: Larfleeze Christmas Special #1 (2011)

Fantastic Four #133 (1973)

Punisher War Journal #26 (2009)

:siren: That's the end of the ImgPile reruns! :siren:

The Defenders #74 (1979)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Read panels right to left.

Kinnikuman Vol. 2 (1980)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Plastic Man #55 (1955)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Darthemed posted:

Plastic Man #55 (1955)

1955 is 90 years after the assassination of Lincoln, in that universe did no one figure out what happened for 15 years?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
90 is over 75 :colbert:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Pilchenstein posted:

90 is over 75 :colbert:

But why would you say 75 when you could say 90? "We've known about this plot for 90 years" or because I don't know what month Lincoln was murdered, "We've known about this plot for almost 90 years."

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
75 is the highest number Woozy can count to

Which is impressive even for him.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Can't know about the plot before you were born! 15 seems a bit late in life to learn about Lincoln's assassination.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

habituallyred posted:

Can't know about the plot before you were born! 15 seems a bit late in life to learn about Lincoln's assassination.

Wait, Woozy is 90?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
The current Venom run has been all over the place, but this week's issue (#24) is a high point. Al Ewing writes a good (bad) Doom!

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Chinston Wurchill posted:

The current Venom run has been all over the place, but this week's issue (#24) is a high point. Al Ewing writes a good (bad) Doom!

I just ... this is Eddie Brock right? Eddie Brock should not be sitting at Doctor Doom's table talking about how he can time travel. It just sounds bad rolling around in my old brain.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Nilbop posted:

I just ... this is Eddie Brock right? Eddie Brock should not be sitting at Doctor Doom's table talking about how he can time travel. It just sounds bad rolling around in my old brain.

This is the same Doctor Doom that tried to stiff Luke Cage out of like 200 bucks, remember.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Nilbop posted:

Eddie has had a weird couple years since King in Black.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Ranma 1/2 Vol. 19 (1992)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Eddie has had a weird couple years since King in Black.

that's one hell of a storyline

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Darthemed posted:

Ranma 1/2 Vol. 19 (1992)

Instinctively attempting to read this right-to-left was loving weird.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Nilbop posted:

I imagine Doom just hosts whoever turns up in Latveria because "Richards wouldn't personally cook supper for an unexpected guest. No one is a better host than DOOM! Richards would barely microwave them instant ramen! I, DOOM, prepare my exquisite and sorcerous Welsh Rarebit, with THREE types of cheese, be it day or night...etc"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Elissimpark posted:

I imagine Doom just hosts whoever turns up in Latveria because "Richards wouldn't personally cook supper for an unexpected guest. No one is a better host than DOOM! Richards would barely microwave them instant ramen! I, DOOM, prepare my exquisite and sorcerous Welsh Rarebit, with THREE types of cheese, be it day or night...etc"

So far everyone whos shown up to Doctor Doom's doorstep to talk has been shown the hospitality of Doom.

And ate a big ol leg of chicken/turkey/game fowl doom personally hunted that same morning.