Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

England, famously quick to get tired of talking about things they have won

1 year of hurt never stopped me dreaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Once again I posit that 1 (one) world cup title will make the England supporters far more annoying than 4 (four) world cup titles have made us Americans. And I understand that we are quite loving annoying.

The only silver lining is that it'll be the women who brought it home instead of the men, and several hundred gammon across Cornwall, the Home Counties, etc. will implode at the internal contradiction.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

habeasdorkus posted:

Once again I posit that 1 (one) world cup title will make the England supporters far more annoying than 4 (four) world cup titles have made us Americans. And I understand that we are quite loving annoying.

The only silver lining is that it'll be the women who brought it home instead of the men, and several hundred gammon across Cornwall, the Home Counties, etc. will implode at the internal contradiction.

The England women's team is genuinely more fun to watch than the men's team though, that's a fact.

Even insufferable cunts like Piers Morgan and Jeremy Clarkson will publicly celebrate if we win the World Cup.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

webmeister posted:

Disappointed we didn't win, but fair play - England were better and deservedly won. To be honest I thought England's first two goals were defensive lapses - nobody picked up Toone arriving late in the box, and Carpenter had a shocker not clearing that second goal. Third goal was whatever, we'd thrown people forward to chase the equaliser.

What an absolute worldie from Kerr, think you would've been able to hear that pretty much anywhere in the country.

Overall it's disappointing but still super proud of how well they've done overall. After that Nigeria result it looked dangerously like the wheels were going to come off, but they bounced back fantastically well.

They haven't bounced back from anything. Colombia and Australia wins were both via big defensive lapses. Colombia outplayed them and Aus were even up,imo. But, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Not saying England don't deserve to be there, but their wins have not been convincing to me. Spain, even missing stars are the most talented side, moreso than England, France, Sweden, America.

Dell_Zincht posted:

The England women's team is genuinely more fun to watch than the men's team though, that's a fact.

Well, in honesty, that's not saying much, but yeah.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/MarkOgden_/status/1692162430171050400

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Mr. Mambold posted:

They haven't bounced back from anything. Colombia and Australia wins were both via big defensive lapses. Colombia outplayed them and Aus were even up,imo. But, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Not saying England don't deserve to be there, but their wins have not been convincing to me. Spain, even missing stars are the most talented side, moreso than England, France, Sweden, America.

Well, in honesty, that's not saying much, but yeah.

I'm talking about Australia's 3-2 loss to Nigeria in the group stage lol

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The idea that the home of the WSL where the Arsenal women’s team can sell out the Emirates will stop caring about the women’s game is lol

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Terminally Bored posted:

So is Andonovski officially out?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66530461

He’s outta there

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

The idea that the home of the WSL where the Arsenal women’s team can sell out the Emirates will stop caring about the women’s game is lol

Once, they sold it out once.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

It's english sports so it will 100% look kind of good once then steadily get shitter and shitter for a few decades.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

I mean it’d be cool, but I actually don’t think she’s done an amazing job if late

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

mfcrocker posted:

I mean it’d be cool, but I actually don’t think she’s done an amazing job if late

And if you think about it, Robbie’s really only mid so I can’t understand why the Barbie film pretends otherwise?
:goonsay:

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

habeasdorkus posted:

OP these are dangerous levels of copium you're inhaling, please cut back before you OD

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

webmeister posted:

I'm talking about Australia's 3-2 loss to Nigeria in the group stage lol

Lol, gotcha. Nigeria gave England all they could handle too, they were legit.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Source is Espn.co.uk lol

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
USNWT should get Emma Hayes. She won pretty much it all with Chelsea (except the CL), she'd be easier to pry off her contract than Wiegman.

She's also amazing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOLHoreSAuw

e: I know, I know, I hate Chelsea as much as anyone but the women's team a whole different story.

Terminally Bored fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Aug 18, 2023

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

This is the WC thread, not about fail teams already eliminated

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Americans finding their way into the final anyway

https://twitter.com/fifamedia/status/1692341281673077166

Nesbitt was the reserve AR on the mens final back in December, so quite the last year for her, getting to work both finals

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
It's coming home

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

chaoslord posted:

Nesbitt was the reserve AR on the mens final back in December, so quite the last year for her, getting to work both finals

As the forum RefGuy, does the same referee pool work both the men's and women's game? I presume so, but I have seen mostly women refs so far as opposed to the men's competition

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

chaoslord posted:

spain are hosed, this woman hates yellow cards :twisted:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Weird to be admitting your national team can't play fairly

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Unchanged lineups for both teams tonight, so Kennedy is still out with “illness” that’s actually a concussion.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Sweden take this, though I don’t feel anywhere as nervous tonight as I did on Wednesday.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
ancient and free vs young and free

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Haha oh no, come on Australia

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Looking forward to defending that isn't a dog's breakfast....oops!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Australia player waving the imaginary card. Who said the women’s game came without the drama? :smug:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Can't we just have this be the final and ignore the game that's happening tomorrow?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
no one can stop us except FIFA

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Straya looking munted

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Australia shifting out of 1st gear finally

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Praying for like eight goals as opposed to a tight game that ends in pens

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shifting into third

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010