Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
i want shorter games with worse graphics made by people who are paid more to work less and i'm not kidding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

That's right.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Quantum of Phallus posted:

just a reminder Hollow Kniht came out in 2010 and there's still no sequel

gently caress you scared me

(it actually came out in 2017)

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Indie game dev is bourgeoisie.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I want these games out by next week or I'll be weirdly passive aggressive and whiny about it online.

Edit hang on tumblr had a a perfect picture for this situation give me a second.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Precept 52: do not cum

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

fapanada

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Guess if I got super rich off a game I’d just barely work too.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If I got rich off one game no one would ever see me again

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

If I got rich off of Hollow Knight I would work very hard on its sequel, Silksong, and release it tomorrow

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'd just remake Hollow Knight but have loving and karaoke in it. I'd call it Sexsong.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Waltzing Along posted:

I'd just remake Hollow Knight but have loving and karaoke in it. I'd call it Sexsong.

It's not soul this time.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Silksong is Season 4 of Twin Peaks.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Oh nooooo, I don't want to fight the Soul Owl boss :smith:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

they're right

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I'm about to watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDSVnMEV3K8&t=38s

quote:

I had the wonderful opportunity to sit down with Matthew "Leth" Griffin, head of marketing and PR for Team Cherry and Mongoose Rodeo. We talked about his experiences working on Hollow Knight and its sequel, as well as the upcoming indie metroidvania Crowsworn. Along the way, we learned a bunch of interesting details about all three games, including a clarification on the Silksong delay (and more!)

Hopefully some interesting new nuggets.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Silkscam!!!

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."
Head of Marketing & PR for Silksong has to be the least intensive job in existence.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Skrill.exe posted:

Head of Marketing & PR for Silksong has to be the least intensive job in existence.

He does sound really chilled out :lol:

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Waltzing Along posted:

You've heard of Hungry Knight, but what about Thirsty Knight?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Leisure Suit Zote in the Land of the Lounge Beetles

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Cactus posted:

I'm about to watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDSVnMEV3K8&t=38s

Hopefully some interesting new nuggets.

Let me guess, bapanada.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

PantsBandit posted:

Let me guess, bapanada.

Pretty much yeah, for SS stuff anyway. They talked a lot about Crowsworn (Crowswarm?) too but I haven't been following that so I have no idea whether or not any of it was new info.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

wtf is Crowsworn

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

oh it's a Hollow Knight ripoff lol

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Silksong 2: Grangus’ Story

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

wtf is Crowsworn

It's Hollow Knight 3: The Search for Silksong

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."
Any one of us has put at least as much time and effort into the marketing and PR of Silksong as the man who has made that his career.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Silksong is going to be Team Cherry's Leisure Suit Larry 4.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Skrill.exe posted:

Any one of us has put at least as much time and effort into the marketing and PR of Silksong as the man who has made that his career.

He did mention something along the lines of "one of my big marketing strategies is streamers" so I have to hand it to the guy, he's got it figured out that gamers will happily do the work for you for free. Hell they'll even pay you for it - not that they would, but if they wanted to Team Cherry could open up a public beta test for this game and charge a :10bux: entrance fee and they would instantly fill as many slots as they made available with happy gamers, and make bank. They'd get all the usual internet grumblings about it for sure but all they'd have to do is literally ignore them, release the game in a working, complete state with no paid DLCs or microtransactions and everyone would instantly forget about the beta. All I'd see in my feed would be "Team Cherry have raised the bar again! AAA devs BTFO!"

Just, y'know, putting that out there... :v:

"I started a new Silksong run just the other day" was an encouraging phrase to hear since the word "run," to me at least, implies there's a mostly-complete build to go through rather than it still being in the phase of playtesting various disparate sections. Like I know this tells me nothing really, but it made me feel good about the progress of the game which I really do appreciate. Hopefully this interview marks the start of a ramp up of new info and marketing coming out as we near the time of release.

Or maybe we'll hear nothing more for a while and I'll actually have time to finish TotK, BG3, Cyberpunk, Starfield etc.. We shall see. Bapanada.

It's the second option isn't it.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Cactus posted:

He did mention something along the lines of "one of my big marketing strategies is streamers" so I have to hand it to the guy, he's got it figured out that gamers will happily do the work for you for free. Hell they'll even pay you for it - not that they would, but if they wanted to Team Cherry could open up a public beta test for this game and charge a :10bux: entrance fee and they would instantly fill as many slots as they made available with happy gamers, and make bank. They'd get all the usual internet grumblings about it for sure but all they'd have to do is literally ignore them, release the game in a working, complete state with no paid DLCs or microtransactions and everyone would instantly forget about the beta. All I'd see in my feed would be "Team Cherry have raised the bar again! AAA devs BTFO!"

You're describing steam early access.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Solar Tornado posted:

You've heard of Hungry Knight, but what about Thirsty Knight?

Horny Knight.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Was there crowsworn news or something?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Petition to change this to the Crowsworn thread.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

Petition to change this to the Crowsworn thread.

Bapadenied

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

It's a little disappointing that Crowsworn were so derivative in their art style, but I can respect the hustle that they got a legion of gamers to crowd fund their game for an absurd amount of money. It's just a Pavlovian reflex: see dark fantasy small animals, pour out money.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

looks like a scam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i hope team cherry sue that bum rear end dev and use the money to delay Silksong for another decade