Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Crows Turn Off posted:

Yes. He will be the Republican nominee. They don't care about his crimes.

The question was if there are that any polls that actually mattered where he is doing well. The Republican Party could run Jesus Christ with a bullet proof, step by step plan for everything that ails America and conservatives will still vote for their favorite rapist without a single policy.

What I want to know is if there are any reliable national polls that show him favoring in the presidential election over Biden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

The Flying Milton posted:

The question was if there are that any polls that actually mattered where he is doing well. The Republican Party could run Jesus Christ with a bullet proof, step by step plan for everything that ails America and conservatives will still vote for their favorite rapist without a single policy.

What I want to know is if there are any reliable national polls that show him favoring in the presidential election over Biden.

This surprisingly came up in my timeline right after reading this post. Thanks, AI who is watching everything I view.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/polling-roundup-trump-has-no-realistic-path-to-win-a-general-election

Obviously, be wary of the source but the opinion piece has actual data receipts.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Nelson Mandingo posted:

This surprisingly came up in my timeline right after reading this post. Thanks, AI who is watching everything I view.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/polling-roundup-trump-has-no-realistic-path-to-win-a-general-election

Obviously, be wary of the source but the opinion piece has actual data receipts.

Thanks. While it’s important to never let your guard down with this guy, it is reassuring to be reminded that he is just lying//bending the truth when he claims he is ahead in polls and is being targeted because of it.

It’s nice to know the majority of the country isn’t that stupid.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Statistically speaking, people with mental illness are more likely to be crime victims than perpetrators. Like, far and away.

But once you select for the group of (people charged with crime)(I don't like the word "criminals" there's no such class), that group has disproportionately high rates of various kinds of brain disorder, whether that's just plain low IQ, mental illness, traumatic brain injury, addiction (if we're counting that as a brain disorder, which we probably should), past history of trauma, etc.

As far as I understand it, by default its going to show mental illness was a contributing factor in most crimes simply because "neurotypical" is a unicorn. Almost everyone has some kind of neurodivergent element, most just aren't diagnosed officially. Also people don't steal baby formula to feed babies, they sell that stuff to China because they'll pay top dollar for that stuff.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

This one. I hadn't heard about it either until I saw this Maddow piece.

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1688969803120144384?t=VD_s2_vw5Rdhl1EVYstbnQ&s=19

Basically he was the spokesman for a scam company. It was for video phones (back before FaceTime was a thing) and people gave the company money for the opportunity to sell these crappy phones to other people.

Problem was, the video feature only worked if the other person also had this exact video phone. So of course nobody bought them and these people were left with a garage full of stupid expensive video phones that nobody wants.

Maddow explains it better than I do in that clip.
Looking at this voluminus list, maybe he's thinking of the incitement on Jan 6th case. 🤔
I'm not sure what penalties a civil suit could get for that, but it would definitely be a bad precedent for him to be found guilty there.
https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-key-cases-civil-criminal-investigations-lawsuits-updates-2022-7

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Pleasant Friend posted:

As far as I understand it, by default its going to show mental illness was a contributing factor in most crimes simply because "neurotypical" is a unicorn. Almost everyone has some kind of neurodivergent element, most just aren't diagnosed officially. Also people don't steal baby formula to feed babies, they sell that stuff to China because they'll pay top dollar for that stuff.

A) Neurodivergence is not the same thing as mental illness.
B) What.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Pleasant Friend posted:

Also people don't steal baby formula to feed babies, they sell that stuff to China because they'll pay top dollar for that stuff.
Explain how this works.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Thanks. While it’s important to never let your guard down with this guy, it is reassuring to be reminded that he is just lying//bending the truth when he claims he is ahead in polls and is being targeted because of it.

It’s nice to know the majority of the country isn’t that stupid.

Also, polls can be a general indicator but it's also dumb as gently caress to push a horserace narrative (not speaking to you, just generally here) considering at the end of the day:

1. Trump has never won a popular vote.
2. He's loving poison to something like 90% or more of people he's very loudly endorsed.
3. His money has been drying up like CRAZY, which is a huuuge indicator of success (or failure).
4. There have been 3 election cycles now, not to mention countless specials, that have been de facto referendums on Trump and his ilk. They're not getting obliterated (I'd say a good 75% of that is probably gerrymandering), but they're definitely not winning. Not remotely. Trump's politics are losers, nationally speaking. It's indisputable by now.
5. If people are going to look to polls, what about the one that has something like two thirds of the country saying they either definitely or probably won't vote for him.
6. The first 4 points were true even before the indictment deluge. Contrary to what some will have you believe, said indictments will not help him with the general electorate.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
Trump is kind of like Hillary Clinton: a significant amount of his own party will never vote for him.

SlinkyMink
Jul 28, 2022

MonkeyOnFire posted:

"DON'T SERVE THEM TWO RIGGERS!"

I realize I missed this by a bunch of pages, but any time someone references Party Down, I gotta comment.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jesus III posted:

Trump is kind of like Hillary Clinton: a significant amount of his own party will never vote for him.

Also I think at this point he MAY have eclipsed Hillary as the most hated figure in American politics.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

This one. I hadn't heard about it either until I saw this Maddow piece.

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1688969803120144384?t=VD_s2_vw5Rdhl1EVYstbnQ&s=19

Basically he was the spokesman for a scam company. It was for video phones (back before FaceTime was a thing) and people gave the company money for the opportunity to sell these crappy phones to other people.

Problem was, the video feature only worked if the other person also had this exact video phone. So of course nobody bought them and these people were left with a garage full of stupid expensive video phones that nobody wants.

Maddow explains it better than I do in that clip.

Was this thing set up like a multi level marketing company? Because that would be very on point for Donald.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

Was this thing set up like a multi level marketing company? Because that would be very on point for Donald.

The company that sold the phones was, yes.

Trump is being sued because he said he was a sponsor just because he loved the phones and denied ever receiving payments. Of course, he had received millions of dollars to push the phones, both directly and through various scam trump entities.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also I think at this point he MAY have eclipsed Hillary as the most hated figure in American politics.

Oh, yeah, like 10% of Democrats hated Hillary, isn't it like 25% for Trump?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

FizFashizzle posted:

The company that sold the phones was, yes.

Trump is being sued because he said he was a sponsor just because he loved the phones and denied ever receiving payments. Of course, he had received millions of dollars to push the phones, both directly and through various scam trump entities.

It's not surprising that this is getting so little attention - it seems to be a common theme among celebrities to pitch an investment they partially (or don't) understand, or just fail to perform any due diligence. How many people are getting sued over the 2022 Super Bowl crypto commercials? It's pretty well established that DJT had largely stopped managing his businesses by the time ACN came around, he probably thought "Hey, millions to pitch a business? Why not?"

If a celebrity pitches a product/service, that's fine. Any time anyone pitches an investment, ever - be skeptical. If it's such a great investment, why is it even being pitched, why aren't investors falling all over themselves to get involved?

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I am not a lawyer, but there are laws that protect people from pushing bad investment advice that don’t apply to other things, like pushing crappy video phones. Though Trump and everyone else pushing those crypto things might be safe since they are not portraying themselves as actual financial advisors.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Slowpoke! posted:

I am not a lawyer, but there are laws that protect people from pushing bad investment advice that don’t apply to other things, like pushing crappy video phones. Though Trump and everyone else pushing those crypto things might be safe since they are not portraying themselves as actual financial advisors.

If you're talking about fiduciary duty, that's correct. In this case, the lawsuit is about fraud and misrepresenting his relationship to the company.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also, polls can be a general indicator but it's also dumb as gently caress to push a horserace narrative (not speaking to you, just generally here) considering at the end of the day:

1. Trump has never won a popular vote.
2. He's loving poison to something like 90% or more of people he's very loudly endorsed.
3. His money has been drying up like CRAZY, which is a huuuge indicator of success (or failure).
4. There have been 3 election cycles now, not to mention countless specials, that have been de facto referendums on Trump and his ilk. They're not getting obliterated (I'd say a good 75% of that is probably gerrymandering), but they're definitely not winning. Not remotely. Trump's politics are losers, nationally speaking. It's indisputable by now.
5. If people are going to look to polls, what about the one that has something like two thirds of the country saying they either definitely or probably won't vote for him.
6. The first 4 points were true even before the indictment deluge. Contrary to what some will have you believe, said indictments will not help him with the general electorate.

there's also a big fundraising issue where major republican donors are heavily disfavoring pro-trump candidates/candidates who haven't disavowed 1/6

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Here's a first hand look at all the Antifa BLM people from 1/6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI-BoEca2bE

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

When I see Matt Damon in an ad, I'm aware it's an ad and can assume he was paid for the ad. If Damon says in an interview "I love crypto, it's great! No one is paying me to say this" that's where you're getting in trouble. The issue is the misrepresenting your stake in the business, which is the problem Trump is running into.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Murgos posted:

Trumps legal defense fund page got hacked.

https://patriotlegaldefensefund.com/

It goes on.

This is still up.

How have they not taken this entire page down yet?

Nieuw Amsterdam
Dec 1, 2006

Dignité. Toujours, dignité.

Trump has never led Biden in any (not fraudulent) poll anywhere since before the 2020 election.

Current GOP strategy is to have friendly media craft nonsense polls to flood the “average of polls” sites so I feel clarity is needed.

Anyways, polls are totally broken which is why pundits expected a “RED WAVE” in 2022.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

The Bible posted:

This is still up.

I assume they lost access to the webhost entirely and are needing to request a reset.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The Bible posted:

This is still up.

This a parody site, it was never Trump’s to begin with. Someone else just snagged the domain related to his defense fund.

It was up for a week with a generic link to Trumps site and not an actual donate button. Nothing has been “hacked”

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The current R house majority can be directly linked to 4 illegally gerrymandered state maps. At least one of which had been already found to be gerrymandered 9 months before the election but the court put their finger on the scale and ruled that was too close to the election to fix it. When voting maps change sometimes just days before an election and it can be handled just fine.

If republicans had failed to take the house in 2022 I have to feel that Biden would be in a much stronger position nationally today and Trump would be in a much worse position with the intellectual side of the Republican Party being rightly identified with that failure.

As it is now Trump gets a little credit for the tail wagging the dog situation in congress right now where people like Boebert, Gaetz and MTG can coerce the narrative that just wouldn’t be there otherwise. A D majority house would almost certainly have censured the “freedom caucus” for some of their more egregious behavior.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

Trump has never led Biden in any (not fraudulent) poll anywhere since before the 2020 election.

Current GOP strategy is to have friendly media craft nonsense polls to flood the “average of polls” sites so I feel clarity is needed.

Anyways, polls are totally broken which is why pundits expected a “RED WAVE” in 2022.

Polls did not predict a red wave in 2020, though, even including the "nonsense polls", so blaming them for the opinions of the pundits hardly seems fair. In fact, the 2022 polls were historically accurate and showed a very close race. The idea that polling has become less accurate in general isn't supported by evidence.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
The bottom link for that page highlighted for Donald J trump was a nice touch :kiss:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I've been messing around with this on Amazon and wondering if I should order one for 12 bux

I dunno.

Maybe "Make Red Hats Acceptable Again"?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

SimonChris posted:

Polls did not predict a red wave in 2020, though, even including the "nonsense polls", so blaming them for the opinions of the pundits hardly seems fair. In fact, the 2022 polls were historically accurate and showed a very close race. The idea that polling has become less accurate in general isn't supported by evidence.

Perhaps it is more accurate to say that people have decided not to listen to polls that tell them anything different from what they believe in their gut.

Nieuw Amsterdam
Dec 1, 2006

Dignité. Toujours, dignité.

Clarste posted:

Perhaps it is more accurate to say that people have decided not to listen to polls that tell them anything different from what they believe in their gut.

Nate Silver’s account found.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

BiggerBoat posted:

I've been messing around with this on Amazon and wondering if I should order one for 12 bux

I dunno.

Unless it's got a very obvious sports logo on it, a red hat is just gonna get you side-eye from every non-white person in the country

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I dunno, a friend of mine has one of these and it gets him smiles and high-fives.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Those are general national poll numbers. I want to see electoral college by state numbers. He could lose the national popular vote by like ten percent and still pull an EC win, theoretically.

Kith posted:

I dunno, a friend of mine has one of these and it gets him smiles and high-fives.

Yeah but all the people who don't look that closely . . .ugh

Caros
May 14, 2008

Telegnostic posted:

The hand of God will appear before Trump and inscribe this indictment:

MENE MENE TEKEL UPHARSIN

Your days are numbered. You have been weighed in the balance and found wanting. Your kingdom will be divided amongst your enemies.

The writing really is on the wall with this most recent indictment.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Kith posted:

I just think it's kinda lame to give a bunch of non-white people some low-level stress just for a dumb joke. Seems like the opposite of allyship.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Failed Imagineer posted:

I just think it's kinda lame to give a bunch of non-white people some low-level stress just for a dumb joke. Seems like the opposite of allyship.
Wait, you don't find it funny to wear a Klan hood with a little rainbow pin?

Seriously though, I'm with you. I'd rather not give people even a momentary impression that I'm a trumper.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

I dunno.

Nice try, Powrie, but you'll not fool us!

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

BiggerBoat posted:

I dunno.

Fighting a losing battle. The red hat is a dunce cap for at least a generation.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

Yeah they work for the Feds not Donald Trump personally it’s not the loving Varangian Guard.
You know why Comey announced the second Hillary investigation seven days before the election? Because New York FBI agents told him they'd leak the report themselves if he didn't.

Along those lines, on January 6th Pence refused to be taken to safety by the Secret Service because he believed they'd hold him incognito until it was too late to be involved in counting the votes. Pence is not a gung-ho anti-law-enforcement guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Arsenic Lupin posted:

they'd hold him incognito

Like they’d use a fake name and a disguise for him?