Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

(It's actually the rest of us wheeling out the 'Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition' memes when England inevitably lose)

England Eat poo poo Snypa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
why would we say 'it's coming home' after it came home

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Go Auspainlia!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
España got this, we will be hearing Three Lions for many more WC tournaments to come.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Aware posted:

Go Auspainlia!

Talk to your doctor about whether Auspainlia is right for you

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Eau de MacGowan posted:

why would we say 'it's coming home' after it came home

You've been saying it for nearly 3 decades, I assume it's inbred in your DNA by now :v:

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

it’s coming penos

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Let's go Lionesses

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

a real chump posted:

I'm waiting for the train to the stadium and there are already too many english supporters near me.

rip chumpy, thought of dentists and died

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Seriously every dickhead with a Chelsea jersey is suddenly an England fan this crowd sux poo poo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tell em to settle down bruv

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Lmao the crowd booed the coach when they announced the lineup

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
I would like for England to win, otherwise Spain retains their failson of a manager for the next decade (his dad, Ángel Vilda, is the head of women’s football at the Spanish federation).

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
It came home last year when we won the Euros, winning cannot stop the song. It's now about bringing "it" (the spirit of football) "home" (to England, the home of football), from the filthy host nation that has stolen it for the summer.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's Winter dickhead

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Toone to score a screamer and then get subbed for James who puts the game to bed after Spain inevitably equalise, going from Hero to Zero to Hero again

Bourricot
Aug 7, 2016

Terminally Bored posted:

I would like for England to win, otherwise Spain retains their failson of a manager for the next decade (his dad, Ángel Vilda, is the head of women’s football at the Spanish federation).

I agree with the sentiment, but sadly I think Spain getting to the final is enough for that rear end in a top hat to stay as manager.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
words can not convey how hard its coming loving home

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I heard it's coming home, confirm/deny?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Im rooting for England. Good vibes. Spain shouldn’t win with a coach they don’t like. Rewards bad management.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Bourricot posted:

I agree with the sentiment, but sadly I think Spain getting to the final is enough for that rear end in a top hat to stay as manager.

This unfortunate truth is why I feel the least bad rooting for Spain tonight.

The ideal outcome would be a meteor somehow only taking out Spain's coach and any English fan who has said "it's coming home" more than once in the past month though.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
p sure millie bright could beat up half the spanish team single handed, what a titan

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hello I was away for the weekend, I saw snippets of the Sweden/Matildas game, disappointing but I still love all the Tillies they are the best and Sam Kerr is the greatest living Australian, give them more funding so they can do better next time and for the next few decades imo.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I am in the bar at 11am, pint in hand, full of a maccys breakfast, lets go

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Spuckuk posted:

o7

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Spuckuk posted:

Double sausage and egg?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
It's coming home (to Spain)

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Imagine supporting a team that refuses to take a knee

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

England should win by cosmic justice of England being so much more depressing a place then Spain

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I have a British passport so I guess I’m duty bound to support the tea sippers

But honestly I’m just stoked to watch a game without my nerves being a quivering mess

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
holding out for the ref to get a 100km/h ball to the face

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
pretend i posted that video of dier smashing ramos

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Playing three at the back is revolutionary in this tourney where tactics so often seemed to be an afterthought

2Fast2Nutricious
Oct 4, 2020

It seems Spain knows how to pass! This is going to be a good game.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

UK commentator has lost her voice already.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Actually switched to ITV because the Beeb commentators appear to be right next to a very excitable Spanish one who’s drowning them out.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Not sure about the BBC's choice to go ahead with a commentator who is obviously losing her voice.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Both teams looking good so far

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Sentinel Red posted:

Actually switched to ITV because the Beeb commentators appear to be right next to a very excitable Spanish one who’s drowning them out.

Remember that Simpsons episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

peanut- posted:

Not sure about the BBC's choice to go ahead with a commentator who is obviously losing her voice.

Losing her voice with a Spanish commentator next to her bleeding through.