Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Eimi posted:

That would be quite a twisted joke that the one actually useful twin is the one you opted out of playing.
tbf your twin wasn't asleep the entire time and has thousands of extra years training and adapting to Teyvat on top of already completing their own grand tour around the planet with Dainsleif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Tampa Bae posted:

tbf your twin wasn't asleep the entire time and has thousands of extra years training and adapting to Teyvat on top of already completing their own grand tour around the planet with Dainsleif
while you were eating two of every dish in Teyvat with Paimon, I studied the blade

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
It’s funny pointing the pew pew water gun at people, but is it useful for any reactions?

At the moment it’s just the ultimate way to shame an opponent; defeated by a water pistol.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Real Cool Catfish posted:

It’s funny pointing the pew pew water gun at people, but is it useful for any reactions?

At the moment it’s just the ultimate way to shame an opponent; defeated by a water pistol.

You could vaporize guoba, or hu tao's blossom. Donno if it works for fischl's c6, but assuming oz is facing the right thing, that should work, as should raiden's skill.

It's probably pretty good for melting fire shields, assuming it doesn't hit their cooldown. Probably the pyro hypo too, assuming you don't get beaten to death by its whips while you're aiming at its flower.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

I think it just about keeps up with Xiangling's ult for vape, and it definitely does a decent job triggering electro-charged for Fischl's ascension talent.

But then I also learned it only actually applies hydro four times, so I'm not sure on that Xiangling (could have been vaping the wrong direction, that would explain why it didn't feel as strong as I expected) and need to test later. And then my Fischl is completely cracked and at C6 so I'm not entirely sure the finger gun is actually stronger than just mashing attack with on field Fischl, which is already not the best way to play her.

Fun, though. Pew pew. Also can hit weak spots, in addition to dealing one hit of white element whose name I'm not looking up damage.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if dmc sucked rear end people would have had a much more negative reaction to dendro, the big new element

everyone already knows hydro is good

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Can't believe Hydro MC isn't as good as Nilou

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
i took my Lynette C1 up to Level 70 and put Emblem of Severed Fate on her, and while she's not _bad_... I'm having a problem figuring out a place for her.

My Heizou team would seem like a possibility, except that that team's screaming out for a healer in its last slot and Lynette's not that. Sayu or Jean gets the last spot when I'm not pairing Heizou with three other elements.

The burst seems straightforward enough -- bring out the box, hit it with elements, elements popcorn around in a small radius -- and she's fast, so if I can put an element on her or the opponents (like, Xianqiu's burst or having Oz around) she can be a ghetto Heizou with normal attacks. I haven't quite worked out what the point of her skill is yet, other than applying the o element from the new p/o thing and perhaps gaining some distance quickly in a pinch.

So she's not a Sucrose-level disappointment -- whom I've tried in various roles for over a year and never found a use case for -- but she may be a benchrider anyway.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Why are you giving lynette emblem

how did you not find a team for sucrose, she works in any team outside of mono ameno

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
The view from Qingyun Peak is a little different now.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

My usual use case for sucrose is as an AoE blender with sac fragments.

Lynette could slot in almost any team with 4vv just by virtue of being anemo if that’s all you had the imagination for.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Tae posted:

Why are you giving lynette emblem

how did you not find a team for sucrose, she works in any team outside of mono ameno

Going by one of the usual sites, Lynette can be built either full of EM as a Viridescent spreader or with ATK/Crit as an off-field burster. Noblesse or Emblem were recommended for the latter, and my better Noblesse artifacts are on other units. Emblem's usually a good "I have nothing specific for this unit yet" starter kit.

Sucrose's burst is kind of similar to Lynette's -- stationary Anemo AOE that adds in elements from other sources -- but that's really all she's got, far as I can tell. She doesn't add an element of her own, she doesn't really do damage on her own, and if I'm going to use an Anemo unit with a crowd control skill, I'm using my Jean 120% of the time because she can _aim_ where enemies go with her skill. I've never found a team where Sucrose made more sense than either another element-contributor, a DPS or a healer.

Heizou's the only other Anemo unit I've ever used with regularity, and that's because he hits like a truck to make up for his element.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Someone tested it in multiplayer and Anemo Traveler's whirlwind does synergize with Hydro Traveler's water orb, so they can carry enemies along with the orb and get the hits in on them and it is sort of a combo...

...Except that's the C0 orb. At C2, it slows down and no longer keeps up with the tornado.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

delfin posted:

Sucrose's burst is kind of similar to Lynette's -- stationary Anemo AOE that adds in elements from other sources -- but that's really all she's got, far as I can tell. She doesn't add an element of her own, she doesn't really do damage on her own, and if I'm going to use an Anemo unit with a crowd control skill, I'm using my Jean 120% of the time because she can _aim_ where enemies go with her skill. I've never found a team where Sucrose made more sense than either another element-contributor, a DPS or a healer.

I think you need to read what sucrose actually does with her EM stats

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Sucrose has two main roles, both of which take the same general build, neither of which is likely to be very good with Heizou.
You want to build her with VV and the highest EM you can get her, usually with Sacrificial Fragments.

Her first role, and the one people figured out first, is as a Viridescent Venerer Trigger / Crowd Control / EM buffer. You apply your biggest DPS's element to something, switch Sucrose in, use whatever is available of her skill (likely multiple times) and her burst, then go into the rest of your DPS rotation. VV provides a big resistance shred to your DPS's element here. Her crowd control isn't aimable like Jean's, but it doesn't need to be: It has a big AOE and sucks everything to the center of it. She also provides an EM buff to the team for stronger reactions, and should deal a bunch of damage herself with her Swirl reaction. For this role she really benefits from her C1 for an extra cast of her skill, and if you have sacrificial fragments you can probably get three casts, which is usually enough to even kinda gather things with knockback resistance. A bit. Also between her burst and multicasting her skill she can sometimes juggle small things up high enough for fall damage, it's not as reliable or useful as with Jean but it is funny.

Note that this is also basically what Kazuha does, Kazuha doing this makes him one of the best supports in the game, and Sucrose is about 80% as good at it as him. Any team you see Kazuha listed for, Sucrose can take his place.

Her second role, and the one she's most popular in now, is as a "driver" for a reaction team. Depending on how you're using him, it's sorta like Heizou with less anemo damage, more range and AOE and reaction damage, and her aforementioned team buffs. Put in characters who apply their element when other people normal attack (or when there's a reaction for it in Fischl's case), get your stuff set up, spam whatever combination of her skill and burst and normal attacks you want. In addition to what everyone else is doing, she will deal a bunch of swirl damage.

Example: Sucrose + Fischl + (optional) Xingqui/Yelan. Pop Xinqui/Yelan's ult, pop Fischl's skill, now when Sucrose attacks:
Xingqui applies and Fischl apply electrocharged, which is both electro and hydro
Sucrose swirls the electro and hydro from Fischl and Xinqui, for a bunch of Swirl damage in an AOE, and also applies both elements to anything but the initial target in said AOE.
Oz, Fischl's bird, having detected an electro reaction from the on field character, (swirl,) fires off another shot, dealing damage and reapplying electro.
Xingqui's rain swords, having detected a normal attack, fire forward, dealing hydro damage and reapply hydro, causing electrocharged for some damage.
Repeat.

This can handle . . . most things really, throw in a good defensive support and it's enough for Abyss 12 if you've got good enough artifacts. Sucrose is really good. (And so are Fischl and Xingqui, obviously)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

RareAcumen posted:

Can't believe Hydro MC isn't as good as Nilou

I can

The traveler is not allowed to be fun or useful to play

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Meowywitch posted:

I can

The traveler is not allowed to be fun or useful to play

they are exactly as interesting in gameplay as they are in the story

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Captain France posted:

Sucrose has two main roles

kicking rear end and taking names

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also in electro based teams sucrose is a great user of the hakushin ring

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
yes

https://i.imgur.com/q48KYYo.mp4

Kale
May 14, 2010

Wait does Raiden not have immunity to Electro in that fight? I just assumed she did and have never bothered bringing any electro characters to it ever. Usually use my Mono-Cryo team of Ayaka(DPS)/Shenhe(Cryo Buff/Debuff)/Rosaria(Crit Buff/Energy Particles)/Diona(Shield/Healing) for that fight.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

not only is she not immune to electro electro breaks her shield faster

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/JGTGhek.mp4
Looks legit.

Endorph posted:

not only is she not immune to electro electro breaks her shield faster
Makes perfect sense..... :psyduck:

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

because yae needs to bully raiden (now if only she worked against my most hated inazuma boss, thundering manifestation)

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Kale posted:

Wait does Raiden not have immunity to Electro in that fight? I just assumed she did and have never bothered bringing any electro characters to it ever. Usually use my Mono-Cryo team of Ayaka(DPS)/Shenhe(Cryo Buff/Debuff)/Rosaria(Crit Buff/Energy Particles)/Diona(Shield/Healing) for that fight.
The only character I remember right off being immune to an element is Razor during his ultimate

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
They're talking about Boss Raiden.
And Razor is specifically only immune to electro-charged damage, iirc

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Kale posted:

Makes perfect sense..... :psyduck:
You have to fight Raiden with Raiden in Raiden's story quest to unlock Raiden as a boss, so I guess they wanted you to be able to use Raiden against Raiden when you go back to it as well.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Every interaction with Neuvillette confirms that I need this guy in my team.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
In fairness it is inconsistent how enemy shields work and what things are most effective against them, as well as how immunities work and whether a permanent infusion does or does not make the enemy immune to the same damage type. The latter case is especially bad because there are cases like Andrius where he never infuses Anemo but is immune to it. I guess it's somewhat excusable with bosses because you can always just warp out.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
All right. Sounds like I need to get an EM goblet or circlet for Sucrose with VV branding, so that I can maintain 4xVV and add to EM, which may take a while

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

delfin posted:

All right. Sounds like I need to get an EM goblet or circlet for Sucrose with VV branding, so that I can maintain 4xVV and add to EM, which may take a while
Purple is almost as good as yellow in the case of EM, so keep an eye on your purple venerer drops. The main disadvantage of purples normally is much worse substat rolls but that's not so important given that sucrose only wants EM (though ER is nice if you get lucky). EM hat and especially goblet are very very rare.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Every interaction with Neuvillette confirms that I need this guy in my team.

He's more the Archon than the Archon is.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

MarquiseMindfang posted:

He's more the Archon than the Archon is.

Yeah, we've got some clues that he is actually the archon. Traveler usually gets a kit that looks like a weak version of the archon, and hydro Traveler is like a very weak Neuvilette. Then there's the hair colors. Every other archon has their tips dyed to match their element color. Neuvilette doesn't have that, but he has two hair tendrils that glow. Focalors has, uh, some glowing butt feathers.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I think people are being far too kind when they say Genshin is a gacha that respects your time. Logging on to spend resin and do dailies is quick and easy. Great. But what about everything else?

Don't doubt for a second that Mihoyo tracks player engagement and schemes up ways to increase those numbers. Mihoyo wants you to stay trapped in the grind so you keep playing and spending money. The low drop rate on the mecha needed for Fontaine character ascension/talents/weapons is intentional just like the samurai handguards in Inazuma are. Why does a new region need a new ore? So you have to grind a respawning resource which keeps you coming back. I'm sure there are far worse offenders, but Genshin is still guilty of gating content behind a grind with the sole intention of wasting your time.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I want some repetitive brain off gameplay experiences and I want to be given a reason to visit areas multiple times. The only grind that I thought was extremely unreasonable was/is spectres which requires an insane number of runs to level all the characters and the run takes forever given how spread out they are in serai and their messed up watatsumi placements. Handguards are the only other component that I'd consider a grind like at all.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Got a bounty immune to Dendro. lol

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The handbook doesn't show even half of the enemies when you set it to track them which is super lame.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Sanctum posted:

I think people are being far too kind when they say Genshin is a gacha that respects your time. Logging on to spend resin and do dailies is quick and easy. Great. But what about everything else?

Don't doubt for a second that Mihoyo tracks player engagement and schemes up ways to increase those numbers. Mihoyo wants you to stay trapped in the grind so you keep playing and spending money. The low drop rate on the mecha needed for Fontaine character ascension/talents/weapons is intentional just like the samurai handguards in Inazuma are. Why does a new region need a new ore? So you have to grind a respawning resource which keeps you coming back. I'm sure there are far worse offenders, but Genshin is still guilty of gating content behind a grind with the sole intention of wasting your time.

Mech parts are actually pretty reasonable as long as you're fighting actual beefy mechs and not dinky tripods or mechfish. I'm getting them in threes and fours from the walkers and the big land mechs. Unlike handguards where it was only ever like one or two.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Maxwell Adams posted:

Yeah, we've got some clues that he is actually the archon. Traveler usually gets a kit that looks like a weak version of the archon, and hydro Traveler is like a very weak Neuvilette. Then there's the hair colors. Every other archon has their tips dyed to match their element color. Neuvilette doesn't have that, but he has two hair tendrils that glow. Focalors has, uh, some glowing butt feathers.

I'm not sure he's literally the Archon because of the statues, but Furina might have all but abdicated. He might have custody of the Gnosis and do most of the work that would be expected of the Archon, and Furina is basically a figurehead who does public appearances and attracts attention and not much else. Entirely possible that this is a deliberate ruse to frustrate the Fatui, so they spend all their time going after the highly visible Furina and leave Neuvilette to smack them down by surprise.

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I'm not sure he's literally the Archon because of the statues, but Furina might have all but abdicated. He might have custody of the Gnosis and do most of the work that would be expected of the Archon, and Furina is basically a figurehead who does public appearances and attracts attention and not much else.

Each region has a dragon. I bet he isn't the archon, but the regions dragon in human form