Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Still can't think of what I wanna do on the right side of the upper orbiter area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Nalesh posted:

Still can't think of what I wanna do on the right side of the upper orbiter area.

I wish I had your brain disease

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Mine is at least relatively mild, haven't used plat items(so far). In my adventures to get advice for clipping stuff I've seen ~15k plat orbiters(including the outside on earth)

Like this is what happens when you drink deep and descend:

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Aug 18, 2023

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Nalesh posted:

My orbiter's decorations consist of a change of colors using the free color set from Juneteenth and bobbleheads from the events they've been doing. I am content with this.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I mostly pile up floofs on any flat surface available

temple
Jul 29, 2006

So I was curious about Wayfinder

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

temple posted:

And it's a paid game with paid battlepasses with timegated content.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I'm not going to clog up the thread with Wayfinder. But to be fair, its cool and overlaps with warframe.

Heroes are like frames. Each hero gets a weapon type. Heroes have passives + 4 abilities that unlock with levels. Weapons have an attack, passive, and active ability. edit: everyone can use these same weapons. There's an archetype (don't know what it is) thats like augments. Heroes and weapons have levels, capacity, and mods in the form of echoes. Its an open world game with dungeon entrances like mmos. Dungeons have matchmaking. The open world has public events that nearby players co-op.

I played silo. Kinda like nova, support with some damage. Not impressive but unlike warframe, there is skill to using abilities. You have to aim and dodge. Silo has multiple mechanics to manage (reloading, weakpoints to aim for, synergies). Enemies are deadly at this level. You have to try. There's a darksouls potion system.

They use a stamina bar :chloe: You double jump, dash, and sprint. People will rush through and leave you in the dust like warframe.

The story is blah and kind of generic fantasy enemies so far. But its good enough. Unfortunately, its not free.

temple fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Aug 19, 2023

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

It’s also completely broken so probably don’t pay for it until they unfuck their infrastructure (assuming that happens, it’s been a clown show so far).

We’re getting to the point where we’re starting to see some veiled fingerpointing between Airship Syndicate (the developer) and Digital Extremes (who are publishing and may be a big part of handling back-end systems) over server problems and stuff like predatory pricing.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZTpMRLzxtM

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

VanillaGorilla posted:

It’s also completely broken so probably don’t pay for it until they unfuck their infrastructure (assuming that happens, it’s been a clown show so far).

We’re getting to the point where we’re starting to see some veiled fingerpointing between Airship Syndicate (the developer) and Digital Extremes (who are publishing and may be a big part of handling back-end systems) over server problems and stuff like predatory pricing.

currently sitting at "mostly negative" on steam with 31% positive reviews

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Well, that's better than overwatch 2. maybe they should put that in their sales pitch.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

the music is great

temple posted:

where is the WF thread anyway?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Tei posted:

the music is great

In queue

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Wayframe

Warfinder

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

free hubcaps posted:

Wayframe

Warfinder

Soulfinder Tournament

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Tei posted:

the music is great

i just realized they're even going with the same acronym and it might be the most obnoxious thing i've heard about the game yet

I played thousands of hours of TF2 but only a few of TF2, and loved D2 but couldn't get into D2. Loved PoE and should replay it but find watching PoE streams much better than playing it.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I wasn't a huge fan of HotS, but unlike that game, HotS was pretty fun with friends.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
This really is an impressively terrible launch. They are checking all the boxes of not understanding how to manage queues and launches for a game:

-10-20 hour queues
-disconnect or crash drops you right back to the queue
-way too short idle timeperiod that will drop you back to a queue
-queue/login screen can error dropping you out of queues
-Some sort of periodic steam server heartbeat check that can fail and drop you out of queues
-controller turns itself off to save battery, drops you out of the queue because you "must reconnect your controller"

I will never understand developers that don't look at every other multiplayer game that launches, see all the launch fuckups, and then don't implement the same mitigations all those companies did. Queues are poo poo but if they are predictable and you don't get dropped out of them or the game, people can deal with it. Disconnect -> queue will just make people quit because there's not point in even trying.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the interesting part is it seems like server infrastructure was DE's responsibility and they are the ones that really poo poo the bed here

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Got around to running the Index for the first time since I came back (credit booster came up), and... I see it's just as unpleasant as it always has been, with the people who will hoard mountains and never turn them in so everything goes much slower.
There's not another near-as-good credit source, is there? Sitting on a pile of endo and not nearly enough credits to fuse up mods (not to mention all the forma I'll need to be able to fit them on existing frames...).

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

do you have profit taker unlocked?

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Profit taker in the Orb Vallis is pretty handy for cash, got to have max rank standing with the town syndicate however, also, Railjack missions are actually pretty good for making loads of money.

Neptune disruption is also meant to be really good for cash but in my opinion is far too slow even with significant tryharding.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even without boosters, if you use pt as your first mission of the day for a while you will never want for credits again.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Awesome! posted:

do you have profit taker unlocked?
I do, and I played it years ago (around its release), just haven't touched it since then really. Haven't gotten my partner playing again regularly and she's been emphatic that she doesn't want to touch any of Fortuna when we have played, so that's been a further dent.

SIGSEGV posted:

Profit taker in the Orb Vallis is pretty handy for cash, got to have max rank standing with the town syndicate however, also, Railjack missions are actually pretty good for making loads of money.

Neptune disruption is also meant to be really good for cash but in my opinion is far too slow even with significant tryharding.
Good to know Railjack has a purpose nowadays :v:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rj is good for credits, endo, and has a bunch of unique gear. it's still very slow and there is no reason to ever touch the pub stove, though.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

With the addition of recruitable AI crewmates, there's pretty much zero reasons to pub aside from running fissures there, i you're into that. And RJ and SP fissures still don't show in the standard menu, you still have to select them specifically to even see them.

Nausium
Jun 3, 2004

chirp.
Yeah when I'm not doing profit taker I'm doing railjack for credits, it's definitely one of the few things I never do with pub squads though. Too many terrible builds or salty pubs that it isn't worth the headache

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Awesome! posted:

the interesting part is it seems like server infrastructure was DE's responsibility and they are the ones that really poo poo the bed here
Kind of weird timing considering DE is extremely busy with last minute Tennocon stuff atm too.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
For Profit Taker, also note that if you cast Chroma's 4 near the orb's butt where the loot drops, it'll double the credits and that stacks with credit booster. So pimp that Chroma, use Vex Armor to blow up PT fast, and rack in those credits.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

For credits if you can get around 20m, you will never spend enough to outpace earning. Back during my first tennocon, I bought every mod and weapon I didn't own from the baro relay. I farm PT during a credit booster weekend with a credit booster and chroma. You make around 1m credit if you do it right, maybe more. I forget the math.

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015
Depending on how hard you're farming endo, maybe not even that. I've been stably floating around 8 million space bucks for a while now. I can't be bothered to farm endo, so by the time I finally soak up enough to max out another prime mod, I've more or less organically earned all the money I need for it. The only thing that demands money farming is more Pedestal Primes.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

temple posted:

For credits if you can get around 20m, you will never spend enough to outpace earning.

I mean, I'm still working my way through upgrading primed mods and building a few of the expensive cosmetic blueprints. I haven't been up to 20m yet, but I've broken 10m and burned my way through all of it.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I Am Just a Box posted:

I mean, I'm still working my way through upgrading primed mods and building a few of the expensive cosmetic blueprints. I haven't been up to 20m yet, but I've broken 10m and burned my way through all of it.
I didn't upgrade all prime mods maybe half are actually used.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm just glad that spc has killed builds that use primed faction mods.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I never used primed faction mods and got on just fine. Those are for youtube videos and overframe heroes, or I guess more legitimately if you wanted to kit out specific layouts to be faction specific but I always just went with whatever felt cool.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

The idea is using primed corrupted or grineer for heavy gunners. Grineer missions are more common, corrupted heavy gunners are tougher. Or make specific weapons for specific factions and use the faction mods on them. In practice, I forget.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm just glad that spc has killed builds that use primed faction mods.

Spc?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

steel path circuit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

:siren: Umbra forma at Tenshin :siren:

temple fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Aug 21, 2023