Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Nothus posted:

Meanwhile Space X can't get its rockets to stop blowing up and can't build a launch pad that isn't destroyed after a single use. Tesla hasn't had a product refresh in years and is instead chasing the cybertruk vaporware white whale and market gains with discounts.

Space X actually does a really good job with their rockets.

It's mostly that incredibly stupid padless launch that was Musk's brainchild that hosed up their launch schedule thanks to a (a much needed) FAA investigation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Mr Interweb posted:

so that's a little under $80 million/yr and that's not taking into account his new revenue sharing program.

yeah he'll have no problem paying off his debt in no time :lol:

Didn’t someone post about how Tesla is down some ridiculous amount these past few weeks? Are we perhaps looking at Elon selling shares to make the next interest payment? Isn’t this information supposed to be publicly available, given a functioning regulatory apparatus?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Elon Musk has triggered the chuds once again

he owned the libs too much and too perfectly and the chuds are jealous

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
someone told me that the tesla models were intentionally named by elon to spell "S3XY" I thought yep that's completely on internet loser nerd brand

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010
when do you think the tesla collapse finally happens? I'm not saying that there won't be bailouts, or that elon will go bankrupt or really suffer any kind of consequences. I'm just wondering when confidence in the company breaks that threshold where people stop parking large sums of money in it.

I mean, it all comes down to FSD, right? that's the only reason the company is so absurdly overvalued? Will more cars on the roads getting into more accidents do it? eventually there has to be a reckoning where everybody recognizes that an autopilot system for a car is either technologically impossible or at the very least that tesla is not a serious leader in the field.

I feel like if I was a smarter person I could confidentially start forecasting in terms of years and months a range where the public perception will turn and everybody realizes "oh this is ALL bullshit." and then everything just poof, collapses. I'm sure elon cratering his reputation since his twitter takeover has accelerated this in some regard, as well as all the newcomers to the electric vehicle market.

So whats the date? Does anyone wanna make any predictions?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

the milk machine posted:

he owned the libs too much and too perfectly and the chuds are jealous

I heard that too

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

when do you think the tesla collapse finally happens? I'm not saying that there won't be bailouts, or that elon will go bankrupt or really suffer any kind of consequences. I'm just wondering when confidence in the company breaks that threshold where people stop parking large sums of money in it.

I mean, it all comes down to FSD, right? that's the only reason the company is so absurdly overvalued? Will more cars on the roads getting into more accidents do it? eventually there has to be a reckoning where everybody recognizes that an autopilot system for a car is either technologically impossible or at the very least that tesla is not a serious leader in the field.

I feel like if I was a smarter person I could confidentially start forecasting in terms of years and months a range where the public perception will turn and everybody realizes "oh this is ALL bullshit." and then everything just poof, collapses. I'm sure elon cratering his reputation since his twitter takeover has accelerated this in some regard, as well as all the newcomers to the electric vehicle market.

when people start driving the initial batch of cyber trucks on the road.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

If elon was paying me $400k I would probably also be like "sir i too think adding bluetooth-connected toilets to the drivers seat of the trucks is funny as well as genius efficiency. Rest stops just dont make sense in 2023"

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Tesla will be 100-1000x it's current market cap in 3-5 years

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

"Cumdog millionaire is a great NFT idea thank you elon sir."

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Das Baby

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Tesla has been "finally collapsing" for years now. And thousands have bet on that, shorted it and got their asses handed to them.
Whatever you think, whatever your prediction may be, add three years to it. Strictly because people undercount the colossal amount of idiots blindly following Musk and willing to give him their money.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

ELTON JOHN posted:

didnt even notice that tsla is down 26% over the past month

while this is nice to see, it also demonstrates that the stock was still at record highs up until a month ago :psyduck:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dante80 posted:

Tesla has been "finally collapsing" for years now. And thousands have bet on that, shorted it and got their asses handed to them.
Whatever you think, whatever your prediction may be, add three years to it. Strictly because people undercount the colossal amount of idiots blindly following Musk and willing to give him their money.

Elon trump

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

It makes no sense

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Dante80 posted:

there is no doubt in my mind elon does some kind of stock-manipulation at a massive scale. the way he gets paid out is by making the stock hit very specific targets, but the payouts are obscenely enormous. so if he just fudges the numbers, then he gets more money than like basically any ceo/shareholder of publicly traded companies

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

What's the resale value on an expired lithium ion battery

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mr Interweb posted:

normal.

well..."normal" as in the first American dub from the 90s

as long as goku learns to drive (by far the #1 DBZ episode)

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

I mean, it all comes down to FSD, right? that's the only reason the company is so absurdly overvalued?

Teslas value on the stock market or in the minds of the public is untethered from reality.

I live in a country where FSD is not available to beta purchase and I get the sense Tesla is still a desirable manufacturer here. They look minimalistic / futuristic / superficially different enough to the masses, and they’ve got a decade of name recognition and positive media attention under their belt.

People don’t get the extent of how much of a moron Musk is and how dodgy Tesla can be as a brand because they’re not as online and addicted to this slop as we are.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

ex post facho posted:

someone told me that the tesla models were intentionally named by elon to spell "S3XY" I thought yep that's completely on internet loser nerd brand

he tried to get the trademark for the model “E” from Ford and they told him to eat poo poo and die so he went with 3

do what you will with that information and the name of the other models S, X, and Y

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

speng31b
May 8, 2010

epic

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
concerning

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

Dante80 posted:

let me just say, I don't disagree with anything you're saying here. but I do think there is a tendency towards--is the world "mythologizing" apt?-- figures like musk even if we don't actually respect them. like, because it's so absurd that a man so obviously stupid as musk is hailed as a genius, and a company as obviously fraudulent as tesla should be so highly overvalued, it can feel like nothing can change those things.

I don't think tesla is gonna be bankrupt in 6 months. I just think the fraud can't go on forever. not because I believe the invisible hand of the market is just, but because I can't foresee a circumstance where it doesn't eventually collapse.

fake edit: yknow I first heard about elizabeth holmes on these very forums and the fact that what she was claiming to do was obviously impossible, and this was LONG before her downfall. it was a really bizarre experience watching her prominence grow and grow while knowing the simple biological facts that made her central thing impossible were well-known.

real edit: look I'm no economist stock expert guy, I'm just your regular internet-addicted dumbfuck, I mean I'm real loving dumb, but I just think a car company that doesnt make a lot of cars cant can't be the most valuable car company on earth

bigstupidjellyfish has issued a correction as of 22:40 on Aug 20, 2023

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

where's that tweet about how using that emoji actually means your mad

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I'm sure elon cratering his reputation since his twitter takeover has accelerated this in some regard, as well as all the newcomers to the electric vehicle market.

i saw a poll recently that showed more dems (to emphasize, DEMS) view elon more favorably AFTER he bought out twitter than before :suicide:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Last Chance posted:

when people start driving the initial batch of cyber trucks on the road.

so never?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/AugaRa369/status/1693246380951708148

just 300 million

dont ask how many there are currently

classic first semester of business school brain

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Mr Interweb posted:

i saw a poll recently that showed more dems (to emphasize, DEMS) view elon more favorably AFTER he bought out twitter than before :suicide:

dems are dumb as poo poo, yes

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Mr Interweb posted:

lmao

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
cat turd thought he'd do the pooping on X. but now it's daddy justice as elon musk is pooping on him now

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

real edit: look I'm no economist stock expert guy, I'm just your regular internet-addicted dumbfuck, I mean I'm real loving dumb, but I just think a car company that doesnt make a lot of cars cant can't be the most valuable car company on earth
the excuse is that it's a tech company that happens to manufacture cars so it shouldn't be measured against other car companies. It's a bullshit line but that's how it's spun

edit: for years the speculation has been based largely on the promise of driverless tech, which is always just conveniently over the horizon

shyduck has issued a correction as of 22:55 on Aug 20, 2023

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ex post facho posted:

that is 100% true and he also renamed a conference room at Twitter HQ that

roffles
Dec 25, 2004
we may not agree on vaccines but we can agree that elon sucks. he is truly the great uniter.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Tesla is overvalued because it's overvalued. People put money into it because a lot of people put money into it, and therefore it's worth a lot and keeps becoming worth more. No one cares that it is bullshit, the market is less rational than it has ever been, fundamentals do not matter, products do not matter, profit does not matter. Tesla is a cult. It will collapse when the feds bust it for a dozen kinds of fraud and the company goes under.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Tesla Employees Share Harrowing Tales Of Working For Elon Musk: 'Elon's Coming Out Of A Room, Looking Dead At You, And Firing You'

One unidentified staff member remarked, "What I saw was, you know, a lot of people sleeping on the floor, people working 10-12 hours a day, six to seven days a week."

Another individual highlighted Musk's unpredictable nature, sharing, "Let's say you drop something. Let's say you do something wrong. You're getting fired on the spot 'cause Elon's coming out of a room, looking dead at you, and firing you."

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lol @ both of those

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Mr Interweb posted:

very few people see his week to week insanity, they just read nytimes pieces about how smart he is every so often

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dante80 posted:

Tesla Employees Share Harrowing Tales Of Working For Elon Musk: 'Elon's Coming Out Of A Room, Looking Dead At You, And Firing You'

One unidentified staff member remarked, "What I saw was, you know, a lot of people sleeping on the floor, people working 10-12 hours a day, six to seven days a week."

Another individual highlighted Musk's unpredictable nature, sharing, "Let's say you drop something. Let's say you do something wrong. You're getting fired on the spot 'cause Elon's coming out of a room, looking dead at you, and firing you."

literally why unions exist you loving idiots