Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
Ah yes, Fergie, who clearly dealt with The Ryan Giggs Situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Rascar Capac posted:

Ah yes, Fergie, who clearly dealt with The Ryan Giggs Situation.

Had Giggs even done anything Fergie should have dealt with at that stage? The violence (that we know of) is all post-Fergie, no?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheRat posted:

Had Giggs even done anything Fergie should have dealt with at that stage? The violence (that we know of) is all post-Fergie, no?

He smacked around a woman in the mid-90s and it was all covered up.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Fergie would have sorted out Ryan Giggs by making fun of his poetry

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Which team in Turkey was it that kicked racism out of football? Maybe they can try their hand at Greenwood.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

vyelkin posted:

Fergie would sort out Mason Greenwood by kicking a football boot into his face

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

vyelkin posted:

Fergie would sort out Mason Greenwood by kicking a cleat into his face

Or like he "dealt" with Rooney by giving him a massive raise?

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

if fergie had been in charge, the press would've never got a sniff of anything happening with greenwood (or bribed to keep quiet) and we'd all live in ignorant bliss

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The press didn't 'catch' anything, she posted all the evidence on social media herself.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I think he's hosed

https://twitter.com/WestHam_Central/status/1692613840926539901

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Very smart scheme.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
seems like this kind of betting exists solely to trap idiots who can't help themselves

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Stealing all of this from Reddit:

https://twitter.com/alwaysagooner83/status/1634910520431001601
(he got carded during the game)

https://twitter.com/Santi_J_FM/status/1692627746332282901

https://twitter.com/WHUOmar/status/1692617370416668677

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
lol dumbass

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Going great at United

https://twitter.com/lucassposito_/status/1692637522457706763?s=46&t=CEvY9uVDUgW_QuRq6WbgIQ

"The police chief asked the DJ and digital influencer Gabriela Cavallin for a medical examination . At the time, UOL found that Gabriela attended the police station with an injury to one of her hands. The influencer also requested a protective measure against the 23-year-old player.

The DJ and influencer also said that it was a death threat when these attacks happened . "If you're not going to be with me, you're not going to be with anyone else. It's going to end up here for you. We're going to die together now, me, you and our son""

lomzus fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Aug 18, 2023

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
The sort of poo poo Paqueta did is the same sort of poo poo that a lot of Brazilian players were busted for doing earlier this year. And then the main names involved were suddenly bought by teams in turkey and the like. So there is obvious some sort of big international connection doing these things.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

joepinetree posted:

The sort of poo poo Paqueta did is the same sort of poo poo that a lot of Brazilian players were busted for doing earlier this year. And then the main names involved were suddenly bought by teams in turkey and the like. So there is obvious some sort of big international connection doing these things.

That tweet thread mentioned the bets on Paquetá were also connected with a player in Spain also getting a card the same day. So…

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

harperdc posted:

That tweet thread mentioned the bets on Paquetá were also connected with a player in Spain also getting a card the same day. So…

Luiz Henrique, from Betis, who is also Brazilian

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It doesn’t seem like Paqueta needs the money, even at the amounts bandied around, so I wonder if it’s some kind of intimidation thing by criminal syndicates.

At least Toney had the excuse of a gambling addiction. I don’t think the FA will be as kind here.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lol at all the Paqueta news

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Would have been funnier if the transfer had gone through first

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

as a west ham fan, majorly agreed :sigh:

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

It all seems like amateur hour. Did they really think no one was going to look into a bunch of people creating new accounts on the day of the game to max out on one highly specific bet? all for a hundred k? These people suck at being criminals. .

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
surely no one will notice 200 brand new accounts each betting the maximum allowable amount that I will score an own goal in our next match

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Thanks Ants posted:

when I saw the news I thought it might have

Bea Nanner posted:

Luiz Henrique, from Betis, who is also Brazilian

there was a tweet that said the two of them also got carded on the same day a previous time last season

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
remember when that really fat keeper was on the bench, and bookies offered odds on him eating a pie during the match, and he ate a pie during the match

like that, but they'll never catch us

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Eau de MacGowan posted:

remember when that really fat keeper was on the bench, and bookies offered odds on him eating a pie during the match, and he ate a pie during the match

like that, but they'll never catch us

tbf that should never have counted

if the bookies offer odds on pep to wear a wig during the next match and then he does, that's on them, it's not football-related other than that he is a manager and very bald

unless maybe if it's antonio conte's wig and he runs off up the touchline with it

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/HLTCO/status/1691154827118551040

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
This is from the day after the Uvalde mass shooting last year.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I’m glad that concussions are taken seriously in football now

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I miss when the worst thing we had was Gavin Peacock telling women to stay in the kitchen.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Does he live in America even?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Thanks Ants posted:

Yeah it's pretty devastating that it hadn't.

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
BIG HARMA would be a cool username

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Does it count when executives go feral

https://twitter.com/sportbible/status/1693302131518734675?t=0UNUBLIIkaU0k1CWdxPiHw&s=19

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/azraelpc9k/status/1693374726788538405

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
that quote was definitely not coerced

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It would be nice if the women get to do something that isn't ruined by some dickhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

you can actually hear the gun pointed to her head through that statement