Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Kirby Super Star power?
This poll is closed.
Beam 3 1.79%
Bomb 3 1.79%
Cook 1 0.60%
Copy 3 1.79%
Crash 1 0.60%
Cutter 5 2.98%
Fighter 5 2.98%
Fire 3 1.79%
Hammer 13 7.74%
Ice 3 1.79%
Jet 3 1.79%
Mike (sic) 14 8.33%
Mirror 11 6.55%
Ninja 5 2.98%
Paint 0 0%
Parasol 2 1.19%
Plasma 4 2.38%
Sleep 9 5.36%
Starship 5 2.98%
Stone 6 3.57%
Suplex 22 13.10%
Sword 20 11.90%
Wheel 6 3.57%
Wing 6 3.57%
Yo-Yo 15 8.93%
Total: 168 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I bought JSRF because I needed a second game for my Xbox and played it until I fully understood the concept of love

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

It's criminal there is no Bomb Rush Cyberfunk thread.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

post one

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm at chapter 3 in Like a Dragon and I opened the map and went Holy poo poo out loud as I zoomed out and saw that Yokohama was like 5 Kamurochos

E: lol and Ichiban's suit is all crappy now

It's funny how big it is, and yet after a while it starts to feel as cozy and cramped as kamurocho. Just with a lot more being hit by traffic.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Stylish graphics with a Y2K hip hop vibe, a story with surprisingly fun cyberpunk vibes, banging soundtrack

Noticing something you're not describing here chief

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/sailing-lock-in-poll?oldschool=1#_ga=2.85038815.733235031.1692538913-988405069.1692538913 sounds interesting enough that I might sign up for Old School Runescape

eventually and probably after most of everything else that can run on my hardware

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Love the armor detail in Baldur's Gate 3. :liara:

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Atoramos posted:

As a fan of JSR who played through the remake a year ago, Bomb Rush feels pretty good. Biggest complaint so far is a lot of the early music tracks were oppressive/industrial rather than funky pop, but I've been unlocking new songs and it seems to be getting a bit more balanced. They nailed the Jet Set movement, and the new graffiti mechanic is fine. Combat is a miss, and man I wish they could have made it as fun/punchy as Hi-fi was. Lots of very minor artistic complaints (shadows look pretty bad cast on characters at times, characters clipping during cutscenes, outline shader breaks a bunch like it was Unity's default outline shader or something). Otherwise, I came in a skeptic and besides combat it's slowly growing on me.

Got my nails dun got my hair dun got my nails dun got my hair dun

rear end rear end rear end rear end shake it shake it for me rear end rear end rear end rear end I can make you wet baby rear end rear end rear end rear end

Played a lot more, some opinions:

-The early tracks were pretty mixed, but overall the soundtrack's a banger. Took a while to see more areas and hear more tunes, but there's lots of hits.

-Shibuya probably benefits from being a real-world location so they could rip it so directly from Jet Set. I was surprised to see the original level so directly recreated. This iteration is a great upgrade, though I wish it wasn't so green.

-I got a lot better at the controls. It seems like holding the manual button while jumping makes the jump not as high. Double jump gives distance, but not height. Also if you hold manual and hit boost+trick button while still on the ground (don't jump), you do a special trick and refill your manual meter. I have no idea if there's meaningful differences between the modes of transportation, but skates seem like the only one without backflip and that's a shame.

-The game takes a while to teach you that leaning in while grinding turns and wall riding give you combo multipliers, then later mentioned that ramps also give you multipliers. Not sure if there's other ways.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hwurmp posted:

post one

ok

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

38 hours into Baldur's Gate 3, and only just finished Act 1 :laffo:

Goddrat this is a huge game.

I don't normally play CRPGS.
Tried em in the past, but CRPGS generally aren't my cup of tea.
A CRPG might just be my GOTY for 2023.

It's def not slipping out of the Top 3 that's for drat sure.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

yep i'm at 70 hours in and solidly in act 3. it's good

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Yeah dogg, I love Total War!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

yep i'm at 70 hours in and solidly in act 3. it's good

Yer a speedrunner I think that's how long before I got to act 2 lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Infinitum posted:

38 hours into Baldur's Gate 3, and only just finished Act 1 :laffo:

Goddrat this is a huge game.

I don't normally play CRPGS.
Tried em in the past, but CRPGS generally aren't my cup of tea.
A CRPG might just be my GOTY for 2023.

It's def not slipping out of the Top 3 that's for drat sure.

BG3 is the kind of game where you spot a small pipe sticking out of the ground and think "it would be cute to use Gaseous Form here" and end up spending the entire afternoon in service to an undead necromancer trying to track down his lost creations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
So it doesn’t deteriorate the further away you get from the early access content?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't have anything after AC6 this year that I really want to play so maybe BG3 will be my end of year game

E: oh gently caress right i also still need to get streety 6

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Aug 20, 2023

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

exquisite tea posted:

BG3 is the kind of game where you spot a small pipe sticking out of the ground and think "it would be cute to use Gaseous Form here" and end up spending the entire afternoon in service to an undead necromancer trying to track down his lost creations.

Well poo poo, what act is that? I used gaseous form a few times in act 1 but it was always shortcuts to areas otherwise accessible so I stopped caring.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

^^^ Act 3, Lower City

Rinkles posted:

So it doesn’t deteriorate the further away you get from the early access content?

I'm pretty deep into Act 3 and I don't really agree with any of those complaints. Admittedly I've only run into one weird quest progression bug, but it was recoverable. If you've had more technical problems then I could see that impacting your enjoyment. There's been other stuff like quest logs reflagging themselves, but that's all very minor. The combat has gotten quite easy by this point, but that's really more my own fault for starting on Balanced and accidentally picking a very meta 5E comp. The moment-to-moment encounters are still spectacular and basically unmatched by any other CRPG I've played. There's one particular Act 3 boss encounter that just had me reeling, the music and atmosphere just kicked rear end. Baldur's Gate itself is incredibly dense with tons of secrets and ways to traverse the environments. It's terrific!

If anything I think Act 2 was the weakest for me personally. Not that it was bad by any means, just the most compressed.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I think act 3's bugginess is overstated in part cause any bugs to do with an event or condition not flagging properly snowball to have more effects the further into the game you go. So if something in act 1 goes wrong that cascades into like five or six issues in act 3.

Act 3 has had some really inventive fights and still has tons of little bits of reactivity everywhere.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Khanstant posted:

Yer a speedrunner I think that's how long before I got to act 2 lol

it’s cause I hosed up and what I thought was a side quest was actually the main quest that moved the plot forward and locked me out of most of the other side quests

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I also did like half of Act 1 as Laezel before restarting as my own person so my time isn't accurate actually

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I completed the game in about 70 hours. Basically inline with what I expect from a long but not enormous rpg

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I keep looking up voice actors in BG3 because they're almost all really good and like all of them are credited in a couple of episodes of EastEnders or as a murder victim in a crime drama and stuff like that.

Whoever did the casting must have done a hell of a job.

JK Simmons was fairly low energy though, and he's done good VA before. I feel like they wanted someone to really chew the scenery, like Irenicus in BG2, but JK wasn't up to it I guess.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I'd been using gamesystemrequirements.com, which has this benchmark generator based on system recommendations and your hardware, but I think they're assuming they're for 30 FPS when the recommendations are for 60 FPS, because I keep seeing YouTube videos with my hardware (i7-2700K/GTX 1070, except the videos are for the more popular i7-2600 with -0.1 GHz) that handle games at 60 FPS 1080p with flying colors that it says will get 25 FPS at 1080p and 15 FPS at 2160p.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLH39d_LGm0

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

bone emulator posted:

I keep looking up voice actors in BG3 because they're almost all really good and like all of them are credited in a couple of episodes of EastEnders or as a murder victim in a crime drama and stuff like that.

JK Simmons was fairly low energy though, and he's done good VA before. I feel like they wanted someone to really chew the scenery, like Irenicus in BG2, but JK wasn't up to it I guess.

I just got done with Astarion's big set piece in Act 3 and his VA absolutely killed it. Flamboyant hedonistic vampire is some pretty well-trodden ground but the man totally sold the pathos and pettiness as well. Fantastic!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

bone emulator posted:

Oh, it's a mostly British cast? That's cool, there's a lot of underrated talent on that side of the pond, and the funny thing is that most British actors do a little bit of everything, so you can hear a villain from FFXIV selling you a Honda.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

In This Land of Creeping Hondacity

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I thought I recognized Shadowheart's voice from somewhere and sure enough she's Latenna from Elden Ring.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Love it when there's a high fantasy setting with dragons and elves and whatnot & people think that the accents are some kind of ancient or medieval thing, when really the voice actors are just from Wales, Birmingham and Yorkshire.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
To be fair, all of these places are kind of mystical.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Even as far back as Shakespeare's time Wales was the land of fairies and magical poo poo.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

exquisite tea posted:

Even as far back as Shakespeare's time Wales was the land of fairies and magical poo poo.

Now it's just the land of poo poo haha

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I joke, Wales is very nice

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

I'm still playing Tears of the Kingdom but also playing Idol Manager.

Also I saw Dempa Gumi Inc (And Otoboke Beaver!) last night and they were loving incredible.

Idol Manager is a good game, but the pacing of the story feels weird. Chapter one needs you to get a #1 single but by that time your income is figured out and you have access to everything; the game almost feels won by that point, I dunno.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

frytechnician posted:

Love it when there's a high fantasy setting with dragons and elves and whatnot & people think that the accents are some kind of ancient or medieval thing, when really the voice actors are just from Wales, Birmingham and Yorkshire.

as opposed to helldemons, which are confirmed to all have U.S. Midwest, California, or New England accents

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I hope we'll someday get something like BG3 but with a futuristic sci-fi setting. I know I'm just asking for a top-down Mass Effect written by better talent and/or with better executive leadership (depending on which way you believe mass effect failed) but ... yeah, that's what I want.

(This is not me saying I dislike BG3, I enjoy it.)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah it looks like fun but I can't stand Elf and Orc stuff. puts me right to sleep

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

DaveKap posted:

I hope we'll someday get something like BG3 but with a futuristic sci-fi setting. I know I'm just asking for a top-down Mass Effect written by better talent and/or with better executive leadership (depending on which way you believe mass effect failed) but ... yeah, that's what I want.

Rogue Trader might be good!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

DaveKap posted:

Even though it will never happen, I wish Larian would do a game in the Numenera universe.

Torment: Tides of Numenera was OK. Just OK. I don't think it was as bad as some people here say but was disappointing none the less. Tying it to Planescape Torment was a mistake. I just love that universe so much and hope someone does something incredible with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Ok but seriously, is there an easy way of fixing stick drift on a PS5 controller?