Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Total Party Kill posted:

Humanity's consciousness before 2014 was just deleted. Whoopsie

Humanity's got a bad case of dementia is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
This is random, but apparently the astroturfing started on X. I've been seeing this Oliver Anthony rear end in a top hat everywhere over the last week, and it was very apparent his popularity has been manufactured.

I googled "how fake is oliver anthony" and the first result was:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE0EJPkui0k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnWH2wB-gLU

Answered before even needing to click play.

Barreft fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Aug 21, 2023

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Barreft posted:

This is random, but apparently the astroturfing started on X. I've been seeing this Oliver Anthony rear end in a top hat everywhere over the last week, and it was very apparent his popularity has been manufactured.

I googled "how fake is oliver anthony" and the first result was:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE0EJPkui0k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnWH2wB-gLU

Answered before even needing to click play.

I've never seen Mat Walsh's face before.

I want to punch it.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Hippocrass posted:

I've never seen Mat Walsh's face before.

I want to punch it.

Matt Walsh is just Ben Shapiro in a fake beard and Groucho glasses.

He’s pretending to be a TradCath in a desperate attempt to bring back the antisemites.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

"watch on twitter"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I can't wait for the US government to force Elon to divest from SpaceX, as that has real national security concerns.

While we're all laughing at him on Twitter, I assume there are concerned military types and others wondering how far they can trust this guy.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
The same government and military that's investigating Vatican Mussolini Aliens.

Wee fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Aug 21, 2023

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wee posted:

The same government that's investigating Vatican Mussolini Aliens.

I am fairly sure there are Italian Aliens in The United States

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

In space, no one can hear you MAMA MIA

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

the complete capture of the us government by ufo conspiracy theorists would be a much larger story if it weren't for like, everything else that's gone on in the last decade.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Ghostlight posted:

the complete capture of the us government by ufo conspiracy theorists would be a much larger story if it weren't for like, everything else that's gone on in the last decade.

I like a good story. Please explain

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

this what classic tweets with pics look like now

https://twitter.com/bakkooonn/status/419545791808548864?s=46&t=rSc-CAl4ZevcACnaJdfMFg

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

who would call the regular cops after loving a dog?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Very sad, but one of my favorites is still alive https://twitter.com/BAKKOOONN/status/585949245229760512?s=20

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Gatto Grigio posted:

Matt Walsh is just Ben Shapiro in a fake beard and Groucho glasses.

He’s pretending to be a TradCath in a desperate attempt to bring back the antisemites.

Walsh pretended to to be a hip errr hipster for years before his current style. like look at stuff from the obama years and how his production stylist would dress him up in whatever regressives thought a "hipster" was. (arm tats, beanie and red plaid shirt,etc)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

He's going to do it lol

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I think that disabling blocks is gonna be the thing that finally pushes a significant amount of people to leave Twitter

There was some study that showed it takes a fair amount of poo poo before people will give up on a social media site, but once they leave they don't come back

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

kazil posted:

He's going to do it lol

@Jack? The creator of X.com?

JustCallMeDC
Aug 12, 2023

Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb

Really can’t process how he’s clicking block while planning on taking away that very feature, outside of him planning to shout “I was just making a point!”

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

kazil posted:

lol Halli owns

Little stuff that's trivial to fix like formatting currency numbers correctly is a sign that no one still working over there gives a poo poo.

And they want to be a regulated payment platform, lol.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

kazil posted:

He's going to do it lol

I can't believe the vast majority of you are so wrong :sad:

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

kazil posted:

He's going to do it lol

why does it need to be that though Elon? Maybe we'd get it if you or @Jack explained how that's better than simply blocking psychos which you can already do now

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

kazil posted:

He's going to do it lol

James Woods and *checks notes* Cat Turd? will not be happy about this.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

JustCallMeDC posted:

Really can’t process how he’s clicking block while planning on taking away that very feature, outside of him planning to shout “I was just making a point!”

but how will he listen to your free speech?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Didn’t Elon imply that Jack was a pedophile during the Twitter Files? I feel like he’s rooting for no blocking because he wants X to fail.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

E the Shaggy posted:

Didn’t Elon imply that Jack was a pedophile during the Twitter Files? I feel like he’s rooting for no blocking because he wants X to fail.

that's a term of endearment for him now

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

E the Shaggy posted:

he may have been a pedo, but at least he didn't message someone who muted him. Have some respect

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

JustCallMeDC posted:

Just like how he banned people for complaining about bans before he's probably just blocking people that complain about blocks because he thinks it's an epic ironic meme or something.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Squibbles posted:

Just like how he banned people for complaining about bans before he's probably just blocking people that complain about blocks because he thinks it's an epic ironic meme or something.

I literally never made a post on twitter, but made my Screen Name Elon Musk and got banned.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

kazil posted:

He's going to do it lol

Do it already, Elmer!! Stop putzing around and being a coward and follow through with your dumb plan faster. I want Twitter to die faster so I can bathe myself in its ashes while cackling incessantly

It will be glorious, but first you need to follow through, you absolute dingus

JustCallMeDC
Aug 12, 2023

Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

but how will he listen to your free speech?

Once he’s done reading through the 10,000 crypto, doge, gamer, and bot replies that the blue check makes appear first. (Never)

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

Squibbles posted:

le epic trolling by Musk here 🤣

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Well, it finally forced me off the old tweetdeck, new version is for blueticks only.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Shannow posted:

Well, it finally forced me off the old tweetdeck, new version is for blueticks only.

Apparently a cookie edit will let you back in.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

kazil posted:

lol Halli owns

Reminder that this fellow was a Twitter employee only because Twitter bought out his previous company and he requested that he be paid in the form of an annual salary to maximize the amount he pays in Icelandic taxes because he feels that he owes it to society for helping him so much (he has MD and has benefited greatly from Iceland's social services). Elon fired him during the Great Purge, then Halli noted publicly that it would be extremely expensive for Twitter to fire him because (per their agreement) they would have to pay him out everything else that they owed him. Elon went full "pedo guy" on him for a while, accusing him never doing any real work because of his disability. Apparently someone was still alive in the HR/legal/PR offices at Twitter then because Elon had to furiously backpedal and do damage control after spending a few days insulting the most well-liked man in Iceland.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Shannow posted:

I remember the blue tick. He had a cartoon in the '90s and a show with Patrick Warburton

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

withak posted:

Reminder that this fellow was a Twitter employee only because Twitter bought out his previous company and he requested that he be paid in the form of an annual salary to maximize the amount he pays in Icelandic taxes because he feels that he owes it to society for helping him so much (he has MD and has benefited greatly from Iceland's social services). Elon fired him during the Great Purge, then Halli noted publicly that it would be extremely expensive for Twitter to fire him because (per their agreement) they would have to pay him out everything else that they owed him. Elon went full "pedo guy" on him for a while, accusing him never doing any real work because of his disability. Apparently someone was still alive in the HR/legal/PR offices at Twitter then because Elon had to furiously backpedal and do damage control after spending a few days insulting the most well-liked man in Iceland.

he said he worked with Figma and Elon thought it was a Ligma Ballz joke lolol

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

MrMojok posted:

What does he even mean with “how does the medicine taste 😂😂”

Is he now trying to pretend it was all just a joke?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD_B2bbBpzA&t=9s

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I literally never made a post on twitter, but made my Screen Name Elon Musk and got banned.

lol that was his first big "I'm very thin skinned about the thing I just bought" moment. He perma'd everyone who changed their profile name to Elon Musk to protest/troll him over deleting varifications and it made him mad that there were suddenly a bunch of accounts with his PFP and name going "I love trans people!" and "lol I spent $44 billion on a piece of poo poo website" and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020