Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How do you feel about the letter C?
Despise it.
Loathe it.
Hate it.
Ed Boon's parents were killed by the letter C section of a library and I personally, will not stand for this.
View Results

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Really stupid and lame that the preorder beta is just non-existent on PC :(

They fear our power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Buschmaki posted:

They fear our power

:hai:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Most fighting games never get betas on PC because they're worried about datamining for whatever reason. Or they're just lazy.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

loving rules.

Orv
May 4, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Most fighting games never get betas on PC because they're worried about datamining for whatever reason. Or they're just lazy.

These days people actually hold off on buying a game if the consumer beta is hosed so I’m betting it’s going to be another killer NRS PC port that they definitely want to show off ahead of time.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
It's because boon hates pc players. It's the new console to him, and consoles are the new arcade.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

I watched a Waz stream earlier today where he was tearing it up with Johnny Cage, and he said they don't do PC betas because PC players will crack it and just keep playing it until the real game comes out.

Jerkface posted:

MK11 did individual reveal trailers for specific characters, and had like 9 kombat kasts.

MK1 is doing these combined based on theme trailers instead, so theres going to be way less. It will be virtually impossible for them to catch MK11's marketing production volume. Like they're 20 videos behind MK11 and we will probably get 2 to 3 more character reveal trailers + a launch trailer + maybe some surprise game system reveal trailers. And thats what 6? lol

Ah, OK, good to know I'm not crazy in thinking the marketing is way toned down for this one.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Aug 19, 2023

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
The combo damage is pretty drat high, not sure I like that to be fair. Something as simple as Liu Kang's B23 air 134>BF1 is already 30% meterless...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I like the damage potential I'm seeing so far, breaking combos isn't an automatic decision anymore and you actually have to optimize with kameos as opposed to "Geras presses a single button for 35% of your life" in MK11.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Johnny Cage having an aerial called "Air Blood" is maybe peak....humanity? Peak humanity. Or maybe having a throw that is "Wombo Kombo".

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

One of my favorite Jade players from MK11 is maining Li Mei in MK1 and hell, I'm about to do the same. Her air lantern setups look so fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnz6HvwVv8I

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Has there been any kind of confirmation on what the Krypt will be like this time around? I hated the last two to the point I didn't care to unlock anything. Hoping for more the mk9 route..

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Diabetic posted:

Has there been any kind of confirmation on what the Krypt will be like this time around? I hated the last two to the point I didn't care to unlock anything. Hoping for more the mk9 route..

There's been basically nothing as far as "this is the kind of content the game will have". Just a few character reveal trailers.

The marketing for this one has been really weird and low key.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
With all the internal chaos at WB after the buyout, it might have a lower marketing budget.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Mr. Neutron posted:

The combo damage is pretty drat high, not sure I like that to be fair. Something as simple as Liu Kang's B23 air 134>BF1 is already 30% meterless...

Hell yeah that's what I wannnnttttttttt

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

One of my favorite Jade players from MK11 is maining Li Mei in MK1 and hell, I'm about to do the same. Her air lantern setups look so fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnz6HvwVv8I

I have a sneaking suspicion that Frost is going to be a top tier kameo.

Infact, I have a feeling there's going to be 2 maybe 3 really really really good kameos that everyone will have to end up using if they want to be kompetitive and the rest will just end up being funny-that-they-included them jobbers.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Sonya is more optimal for Mei in terms of overall damage but nobody is going to argue with a low freeze.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Yeah, I think it may be that some Kameos are mechanically better or can lead to better outcomes, but nobody's ever going to regret picking Frost. The slow ice orb alone is a crazy mix-up tool.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Motaro top tier or riot

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I kind of love the backgrounds in MK1: Like in the teahouse, you have people in the background that is actually reacting to the fight, like one person in a chair backing themselves up to get the heck out of the way and a couple enjoying a lunch that only starts paying attention to you when you are right next to them. Really, I kind of love stuff like that (Street Fighter since 4 has been a master class of this) and I feel without it stages seriously lose something (Looking at you Guilty Gear Strive).

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Crowetron posted:

I dunno, these days I find it kind of refreshing to be a month out from release and not already know every detail about the game whether I want to or not.

I remember when the first time anyone had seen Smoke in MK9 was a camcorder-pointed-at-tv 240p youtube video by someone who grabbed a street broken copy a few days before release

I kinda miss that too

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Really stupid and lame that the preorder beta is just non-existent on PC :(

The PC version is handled by a completely different company(high voltage), so having a PC beta isn't quite as easy.

And as mentioned before, every single fighting game beta on PC both gets datamined, and then cracked. So spoilers, and then people using the beta as a personal training mode until launch.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Chameleon came out as trans and changed her name to Khameleon

i saw the harddrive mag mk tier joke too

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

pretty soft girl posted:

I remember when the first time anyone had seen Smoke in MK9 was a camcorder-pointed-at-tv 240p youtube video by someone who grabbed a street broken copy a few days before release

I kinda miss that too

I remember when they released a demo version of MK9 with four playable characters, people were able to datamine it and find the entire story mode script.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Evil Canadian posted:

The PC version is handled by a completely different company(high voltage), so having a PC beta isn't quite as easy.

QLOC's doing the PC version - they've done all NRS' PC stuff since MKXL, which they were given after High Voltage hosed up the initial PC version of MKX.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
Watching Johnny Cage in hype mode taking Max from 70% to 0 in about 4 seconds flat while he laughs hysterically has brought me more joy than the entirety of the last seven years of MK. This game's gonna be a blast to spectate and lab out

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

New trailer for gamescon on Tuesday that will reveal 2 more kharacters and 2 more kameos.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Johnny Cage's Fatal Blow just makes me so happy. If you want to stop Johnny from dancing like an idiot, then it's your rear end.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
gonna need ed boon to stop being such a boomer and stop posting cringey ai art on twitter

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1693879246849028208?t=Qx8sJr72YNqMphtegGcODA&s=19

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

man nurse posted:

There's been basically nothing as far as "this is the kind of content the game will have". Just a few character reveal trailers.

The marketing for this one has been really weird and low key.

Yeah, I've been wondering why I'm just not very hyped for this one despite most of what I've heard of the gameplay sounding promising and I think this is it. They're just not hyping it very hard.

That and the weird-rear end roster are putting a damper on things for me. (Guest characters have always been an NRS staple, but I think releasing three conceptually similar superheroes at the same time might not be a great call).

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

MOTARO KAMEO

LMFAO SHUJINKO KAMEO LETS GO

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr4lA4N9lFU

shao khan's axe-plant stance is fuckin tight

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Shujinko's XRAY was actually really cool lol

Shao Kahn and Sindel on the roster. Does that line up with the leak?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Jerkface posted:

Shujinko's XRAY was actually really cool lol

Shao Kahn and Sindel on the roster. Does that line up with the leak?

yes

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Who does that leave?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Mokap and Drahmin

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Is that Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Shujinko?!

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Gavok posted:

Who does that leave?

reiko and nitara

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I can't believe they even made a man who spent like 60 years in prison for breaking curfew look cool kool.