Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

grittyreboot posted:

Who is this?

Probably the illuminaughtii.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Air Skwirl posted:

There's an episode of Elementary where Sherlock solves a murder by finding a body because it was buried next to a tree that was noticeably taller than other trees the city planted at the same time.

Makes me wonder what else Gerald has buried in his garden.

you will NOT besmirch the good name of Gerald sir :colbert:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Mr Beast is like Blippi you see, kids like him, and I don't pay much attention to what kids watch. Wait, do you think Mr Beast will do a video where he pays a bunch of lucky people to get poo poo on by Blippi? YouTuber Cinematic Universe they could call it!

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Ms. Rachel is better.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hippocrass posted:

Oh, hey. Steven Tyler is trending I wonder what he's doing now:

https://twitter.com/TheWakeninq/status/1689968485491671040

Oh, right. Cackling and twirling his moustache as the next phase of his master plan sets off.

I just really like the phrase "oprahs land" like it's some mysterious place where no mortals dare tread

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Mr. Beast has acknowledged that him (or other charity) paying for people’s necessary healthcare isn’t ideal. But until we have a functional healthcare system that doesn’t constantly gently caress over poor people, him choosing to do those things is pretty cool compared to most rich people and influencers. It still puts a bad taste in my mouth to see his dumb reaction face in the thumbnail of a video bragging about paying for a bunch of people to have eye surgery or whatever. And also featuring those people in his dumb videos shouldn’t be a condition of his charity.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Milo and POTUS posted:

I just really like the phrase "oprahs land" like it's some mysterious place where no mortals dare tread

Here be Oprahs. Don't let your skull be added to the Favorite Things

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Until mr beast pays for my surgeries, i will say he is a bad person for the squid games poo poo

If by some random chance he does pay for mine, he will still be a bad person, but he will have purchased my loyalty

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

You might laugh at Oprah Land but I guarantee you will not laugh at Stedman’s Sniper Squad.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Milo and POTUS posted:

THEY'RE TAKING THE HOBBITS TO OPRAH'S LAND

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/NorthBayNews/status/1693454169582006353

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's where she hunts the most dangerous game, obvs.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Captain Monkey posted:

it's ok for adults to not like the children's entertainer and talk about how what he does isn't as good as the reputation he gets, but also for kids to enjoy the potentially problematic children's entertainer.

I want to preface this by saying I do not think Mr Beast has committed any of the same crimes as Jimmy Savile, but is it really?

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Wait what’s the moral objection to his Squid Game parody video? That children might watch his thing, then accidentally watch a very graphic and violent Netflix show?

I’m not a child so I don’t watch his stuff, but adding another voice to the “I don’t understand the hatred for Mr Beast” personally. I guess if you consider him a Carnegie/Rockefeller type then yes he’s lovely. But there are people with orders and orders of magnitude more money who give even less to charity and promote way worse stuff.

https://twitter.com/projectpayphone/status/1692678966497189999?s=20

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

I want to preface this by saying I do not think Mr Beast has committed any of the same crimes as Jimmy Savile, but is it really?

this is an exclusive statement about Mr beast based on currently available facts, not a general statement and this is a weird place to go with it tbh

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

space uncle posted:

Wait what’s the moral objection to his Squid Game parody video? That children might watch his thing, then accidentally watch a very graphic and violent Netflix show?

...have you... seen Squid Game? Know what its general story is?

The main objection to the Squid Game video is a 'we invented the Torment Nexus' situation: anyone who thinks recreating Squid Game is a cool idea missed the point of Squid Game.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

space uncle posted:

It's missing the point of Squid Game to then make 'Squid Game for real' even if nobody, obviously, dies or gets graphically injured, because part of the point of the show is that the rich and powerful find it amusing to set up elaborate games and give the winner what for them is a small sum of money so they can watch genuinely desperate people scramble around for money and laugh at them. Removing the graphic violence eliminates the sensationalist setup for Squid Game, but it doesn't change the fact that Mr. Beast was then doing the 'make people dance around and compete for what to him is a small sum of money and what for them is lifechanging' aspect, which is distasteful and tone-deaf. I mean, it's basically what a lot of game shows do, but doing it mimicking Squid Game added that layer of grossness for a lot of people.

Don't worry, though, children were already watching the actual show Squid Game, or at least learning about it through osmosis. That's not really the objection.

My own opinion on it is... whatever. It's dumb as hell, and apparently it was rigged? But I genuinely don't care enough about Mr. Beast to look up a bunch of stuff or watch his videos, it's not even that I hate him, I just don't care. And I'm not making any moral point by not caring, either. His stuff probably isn't the worst thing out there for a kid to watch.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
There is literally nothing better for children to do or watch, also children are completely uncontrollable. They set the rules.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Milo and POTUS posted:

I mean if by “mortals” you mean “poors” then that tracks.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
People get upset about Oprah’s ranch in particular because She’s got a private road that lets her travel in five minutes what is to the public a thirty minute detour.

…except the road isn’t actually on her land. It’s state land, leased to ranchers, and she has an easement on it.

I’m embedding a terrible map that some bikepacker made because it was in the first page of Google Image Search and I think that it’s funny.

There are other private roads in the area, like the one that goes from the Makena golf course to Route 37 at the Maui Honey Bee Sanctuary, or the one that runs by a maintenance depot for the Auwahi wind turbines, but they’re not paved, and no one cares about them.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Softface posted:

I've said it before, but L.A. Beast could easily do whatever the hell it is Mr. Beast does, but Mr. Beast could never chug an entire six-pack in five seconds and then eat a cactus.

Seriously, let's see Mr. Beast pull this off.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I think we're done with Mr Beast and his non-smiling eyes. Post twet.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Philippe posted:

I think we're done with Mr Beast and his non-smiling eyes. Post twet.

Twext

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

That's Mr. Twext to you.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I don't enjoy videos of people physically hurting themselves or eating gross/a large amount of bullshit. But once in high school I watched a video of LA Beast (or one of the knock-offs) eat an entire bowl of Warheads sour candy until his tongue bled, and I cackled and cheered like an ancient Roman spectating at the gladiator arena. :ohdear:

https://twitter.com/mattxiv/status/1692997195761377634

https://twitter.com/mattxiv/status/1512805566531481602

Wait no, the Warheads guy was this dude:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furious_Pete

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 06:25 on Aug 21, 2023

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

https://twitter.com/louisuuk/status/1513194717382692873

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Everyone, I am hijacking this thread and it is now PYF Optical/Audio Illusion.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
https://twitter.com/ShouldHaveCat/status/1693333359592697980

Read After Burning posted:

no

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Mr. Beast once cursed me to transform into a horrific monster until true love's first kiss turned me back into a man

grittyreboot has a new favorite as of 07:14 on Aug 21, 2023

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

https://twitter.com/crazyiIIusions/status/1331014385649782787

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

I don't enjoy videos of people physically hurting themselves or eating gross/a large amount of bullshit. But once in high school I watched a video of LA Beast (or one of the knock-offs) eat an entire bowl of Warheads sour candy until his tongue bled, and I cackled and cheered like an ancient Roman spectating at the gladiator arena. :ohdear:

Wait no, the Warheads guy was this dude:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furious_Pete

No, LA Beast did the Warheads thing too, crunching them down as he went. I think his goal was 150 but he definitely didn't reach it, but he did spit blood in a long, drooly line out onto the dish.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

i genuinely was expecting dickbutt :(

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Platystemon posted:

People get upset about Oprah’s ranch in particular because She’s got a private road that lets her travel in five minutes what is to the public a thirty minute detour.

…except the road isn’t actually on her land. It’s state land, leased to ranchers, and she has an easement on it.

I’m embedding a terrible map that some bikepacker made because it was in the first page of Google Image Search and I think that it’s funny.

There are other private roads in the area, like the one that goes from the Makena golf course to Route 37 at the Maui Honey Bee Sanctuary, or the one that runs by a maintenance depot for the Auwahi wind turbines, but they’re not paved, and no one cares about them.

This is one of the many problems with rich fucks buying land and property on the various islands because they almost always either try to block poo poo off in illegal ways, or succeed in blocking poo poo off in legal ways and in either case doing anything about it is always a long uphill fight that goes nowhere because fining a rich gently caress five thousand dollars or whatever to unblock a beach is loving nothing when he's just going to pay it to no detriment and block it again while screaming about how he paid good money so he should own everything. There are so many roads here that are just not traversable anymore because some jackass just built a wall across it and the government just won't do anything about it. And this poo poo absolutely harms people because, just using Oahu for example, half the island only has one way to reach the other half, and so if there's ever any kind of major traffic accident or any poo poo at all happens to the one god drat road we have; gently caress us all. It'd be cool to like, have a road going across the island so a single traffic accident can't obliterate half a day's worth of transit essentially, but gently caress you. Or for them to go around the other way (which it used to IIRC but the road washed out ages ago) but again, gently caress you. gently caress the actual residents, basically. gently caress them and I guess hopefully we'll all die one day so they can just convert all of the land we live on to hotels and resorts. Reading all of the news articles about famous people with like 20 homes donating the absolute minimum for good press to people who just lost everything over on Maui has me real mad.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Between the Icy-Hot hand thing and this, I'd put this as the thing I'd be less willing to do myself for however much money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMjgaa5j_LE

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Nuebot posted:

This is one of the many problems with rich fucks buying land and property on the various islands because they almost always either try to block poo poo off in illegal ways, or succeed in blocking poo poo off in legal ways and in either case doing anything about it is always a long uphill fight that goes nowhere because fining a rich gently caress five thousand dollars or whatever to unblock a beach is loving nothing when he's just going to pay it to no detriment and block it again while screaming about how he paid good money so he should own everything. There are so many roads here that are just not traversable anymore because some jackass just built a wall across it and the government just won't do anything about it. And this poo poo absolutely harms people because, just using Oahu for example, half the island only has one way to reach the other half, and so if there's ever any kind of major traffic accident or any poo poo at all happens to the one god drat road we have; gently caress us all. It'd be cool to like, have a road going across the island so a single traffic accident can't obliterate half a day's worth of transit essentially, but gently caress you. Or for them to go around the other way (which it used to IIRC but the road washed out ages ago) but again, gently caress you. gently caress the actual residents, basically. gently caress them and I guess hopefully we'll all die one day so they can just convert all of the land we live on to hotels and resorts. Reading all of the news articles about famous people with like 20 homes donating the absolute minimum for good press to people who just lost everything over on Maui has me real mad.

If you had that much money you could...pay for everyone to have another road. Put in some infrastructure that would genuinely help people. Do a bit of that and people probably wouldn't mind if you have a private cove or something but no. Can't do that.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

https://twitter.com/crazyiIIusions/status/1353796468289789952

Concerning.

EDIT: loving 'Birdwatch'?

That's what they originally called 'community notes'?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I guess birdwatch is better than the birdwatching term 'jizz'. Imagine jizzing a post straight.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
lmao

https://twitter.com/yeahnahaye_/status/1693536933669220681?t=mU6bvBuFURDXshMoxytC4Q&s=19

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Roblo posted:

If you had that much money you could...pay for everyone to have another road. Put in some infrastructure that would genuinely help people. Do a bit of that and people probably wouldn't mind if you have a private cove or something but no. Can't do that.

I mind if somebody has a private cove. Coasts and beaches are for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

"my brain's already rooted! that's the problem!"