Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I hated your post when I thought it was critical of my tribe but now that I know it's critical of the other tribe I like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/phillyveteran99/status/1693107465187906032?s=20
https://twitter.com/phillyveteran99/status/1693297064963141831?s=20
https://twitter.com/phillyveteran99/status/1693282213951836307?s=20

e: I mean, they're right about Punk, but something something dril tweet

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Please don't post rovert sockpuppets

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I am also applauding that I no longer have to watch Lacey Evans wrestle

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

The biggest WWE dork is now looking for logic in wrestling.

https://x.com/ryansatin/status/1693072397304238417?s=46&t=Fg-yEjTwRcVeueE1WyZjkQ

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Dr. Baker posted:

"Just from across the pond." Do they think Toni is British?

The "other" pond

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

Cult of Pies fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Aug 20, 2023

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
All events are made up if you think about it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This is why social media is so stupid. All this talking - folks so certain on their takes - and if they just waited and watched they would find out the answer. But because they are so invested in being right - reality not matching their takes won't get them to admit to being wrong.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Tony Kahn bought all the tickets and is using holograms to make it look like people showed up

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I appreciate the thought that WWE would pay thousands of dollars for a few dozen tickets to their main competition and AEW would be like "What?! They didn't show up?! AGH, WE'VE BEEN CHECKMATED! THE ROWS ARE EMPTY! NOW WE'LL LOOK LIKE FOOLS!" instead of just moving some people a few rows down.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

I appreciate the thought that WWE would pay thousands of dollars for a few dozen tickets to their main competition and AEW would be like "What?! They didn't show up?! AGH, WE'VE BEEN CHECKMATED! THE ROWS ARE EMPTY! NOW WE'LL LOOK LIKE FOOLS!" instead of just moving some people a few rows down.

4d chess player vince mcmahon bought all 80k+ tickets sold to date actually. lets see ol tony baloney wriggle his way out of this jam!

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
destroying my competition by giving them millions of dollars in revenue

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

RandolphCarter posted:

Tony Kahn bought all the tickets and is using holograms to make it look like people showed up

No, that was WWE pandemic with screens instead of at least wrestlers. It was creepy as hell and representative of both the company and following.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Guillermus posted:

No, that was WWE pandemic with screens instead of at least wrestlers. It was creepy as hell and representative of both the company and following.

Let's not forget the period before they figured out the screens and would have like Stone Cold come out and do his whole "gimme a hell yeah" shtick in an warehouse while the camera cuts to empty chairs like some sort of haunting video about a mans mental breakdown.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/butwhyalyssa/status/1693491059970748527

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
10% of a million is less than 50% of 5000 what are you doing Tony

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Doesn't it cost more to rent out MSG than Wembley? That doesn't have anything to do with the tweet it just blows my mind at how expensive MSG is.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dana once said it costs half a mil to book MSG with the lights turned on (aka it being filmed for TV/PPV/streaming)

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Chris James 2 posted:

Dana once said it costs half a mil to book MSG with the lights turned on (aka it being filmed for TV/PPV/streaming)

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1644931666320969728

lol goddamn.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Smh only got a profit margin of 150% this show is a failure

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Wrap it up AEWilures, the future is the screendome filled with chud faces

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shard posted:

This is why social media is so stupid. All this talking - folks so certain on their takes - and if they just waited and watched they would find out the answer. But because they are so invested in being right - reality not matching their takes won't get them to admit to being wrong.

You see the same type of shits in online video games. There's a certain type of rear end in a top hat moron who just has to be the first one to go "GG bot team match lost" as soon as possible, even though it's often a self-fulfilling prophecy. Just have to be the first one to say it in case it happens, just so they can then go "see I told you we were going to lose" except with worse grammar and more slurs.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol 400k on an 8.5 mil gate and that's not even taking into account that Tony might've gotten a discount through his Jags connections.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah but you’re forgetting that he bought all the tickets so he’s actually in the hole for 400k AND the 8.5million AND whatever he’s paying us to fill the building so it looks like anyone cares about his lovely little real life action figure fed

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm looking forward to getting there at 3pm on the dot to go viral with my photo revealing the true failure of All In before they CGI in everyone.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

History Comes Inside! posted:

AND whatever he’s paying us to fill the building

The going rate is 3 canned burgers per seat

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

$400k is just the rent on the building, that doesn't include paying anyone (to include like concession stand people).

It's still nowhere near particularly expensive for an 80k show.

But I do love the continual movement of goalposts by e-drones.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/tapemachines/status/1693288483886907566

(Obviously Tape is not the problem.)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
TV rights stuff is super fascinating and the main thing that keeps the lights on. I pity the people who are too afraid of numbers or too obsessed with tribalism to be able to actually enjoy it for what it is.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nah it’s boring poo poo when the only things that really matter are

Is the show good Y/N
Are they gonna keep making it Y/N

Everything else is window dressing for dipshits to squabble over

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I don’t understand how ratings are interesting even a little bit. Especially now when ratings are probably the most useless watch metric we have. Everything is so fractured a few neilson households are not representative of the overall viewers of most tv.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
some numbers are interesting from a 'data point' standing, but in the end is just boring as gently caress and just static buzz if it goes on for longer than like, 2 posts.

Ratings, however, is one of the most boring and useless, considering the TV landscape has pretty much moved past it ("But Advertisers use Ratings to blah blah blah" Please see the previous part of this post)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The business side of wrestling can be super interesting and fun to look at as long you don't fall into the trap of using it to judge the quality of a show (good or bad) or use it to try and fight for your weird positions

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Are they gonna keep making it Y/N

Wow I wonder what helps determine that

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The ratings thing is 100% about seeing themselves as being on the winning team for the people who get annoying about it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

yea ok posted:

Wow I wonder what helps determine that

I don’t give a poo poo how the sausage is made I just wanna know if I will keep receiving sausages

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The business side of wrestling can be super interesting and fun to look at as long you don't fall into the trap of using it to judge the quality of a show (good or bad) or use it to try and fight for your weird positions

Yep. You have to just let the numbers be the numbers. Then you can use them to understand everything about why a company makes the decisions they make. The second you start trying to force them to say something, that's when you're just another cheeseboard guy.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I don’t give a poo poo how the sausage is made I just wanna know if I will keep receiving sausages

You're really aggressive :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I wonder if they did anything with the Thunderdome screens, or if they just threw them all away