Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Grassy Knowles posted:

I hope they kiss with tongue and fall in love and then get confused and embarrassed when they both want to be the domineering abuser

Keep going, I am almost there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

FFT posted:

Getting to the end of the most recent episode, yeah, Nigerian scam emails were also commonly known as 419 scams, because that's the section of Nigerian Criminal Code that covered it.

There were plenty of other similar scams, but if it was claiming to be from Nigeria or requesting things be sent to Nigeria, yeah, it was from Nigeria.

you know i did wonder why that particular number but i figured it was part of the US federal code or something

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Google Jeb Bush posted:

you know i did wonder why that particular number but i figured it was part of the US federal code or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd27wOHG1WU

419 is just a game
You are a loser
I am the winner

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

gently caress me, hearing Alex Jones try to describe/pronounce the Hawaiian Islands was fun. "Wahoo." Scared me for a bit when he told me I live in Kona, perish the thought.

Dan mostly did better, but he's forgotten what okinas do.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Anybody know if Alex has had a freak out about this, yet? https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/18/us/politics/kenneth-chesebro-jan-6-trump.html

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Alright the story about Alex's dad got my laughing for a good while. That was some funny poo poo and just good ol' Alex bullshit

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
DAVID JONES WAS ABLE TO BUILD THIS IN A FARMHOUSE, WITH AN 18 WHEELER FULL OF SCRAPS

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Has Alex acknowledged that Roger Stone is almost certain one of the rats who flipped on trump? That’s going to be a fun episode.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Digital Jedi posted:

Alright the story about Alex's dad got my laughing for a good while. That was some funny poo poo and just good ol' Alex bullshit

That is why i want a full episode on alex’s dad, every snippet we have gotten from Alex has been ludicrous and amazing

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
i got into knowledge fight relatively late. is there a list of good historical episodes to go back and dip into?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

terrorist ambulance posted:

i got into knowledge fight relatively late. is there a list of good historical episodes to go back and dip into?

If you care about the legal battle, I would recommend the "Formulaic Objections" series of episodes. They're so great.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The OP also has some solid ones listed.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
It's a daunting task but I think the only way to do this podcast after you're bought in is to go back to the start and listen through in between keeping up with current episodes. Taking breaks as needed because that's a lot of Alex, of course.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

FFT posted:

The OP also has some solid ones listed.

I’ve thought about updating the list, but nothing milestone worthy has happened. If Alex keeps it up with his Saturnalia stuff, I might keep up with that.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Tree Dude posted:

It's a daunting task but I think the only way to do this podcast after you're bought in is to go back to the start and listen through in between keeping up with current episodes. Taking breaks as needed because that's a lot of Alex, of course.

TBF i didn't start at the beginning. I started listening early or late 2019 and didn't do any sort of backlog.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
When I did my listen to the whole catalog, i scrolled up and down and randomly clicked download. I listened to it all in no order. I can't imagine listening to the whole Trump campaign and election in order knowing what just happened.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

red19fire posted:

Has Alex acknowledged that Roger Stone is almost certain one of the rats who flipped on trump? That’s going to be a fun episode.

Don't overestimate the amount to which Alex is serious. He doesn't give a poo poo about Trump except as a narrative device pushing his audience forward towards buying more poo poo.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

red19fire posted:

On the other hand, oh God.

The weird pointy head...

https://frinkiac.com/video/S04E10/tCgXlMpYrXix7AiOuZ5i1RRTGqg=.gif

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
All these guys flip on each other all the time. You can't survive in Right Wing Media if you take that poo poo personally

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Edit: wrong thread wrong forum. Wow.

Marsupial Ape fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Aug 22, 2023

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I decided to go back and start listening to alex’s descent into utter barking madness from the end of 2019 through early 2020, and the amount of histrionic end-of-the-world poo poo that alex is saying makes his future “poison shot” routine even more lovely

It’s almost like this alex jones guy sucks

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I think KF is best at teaching the audience about where Jones fits in the alt conservative history and lexicon. So the Bill Cooper eps are a recommend for me.

E: also the ones where he is insulted to his face and just takes it.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

oh boy, sneaky snake Wednesday episode I wonder wha-DEAR GOD IT'S PEARLYTHINGS, JESUS gently caress WHY

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

This episode is amazing.

Trying to imagine my brain being as cue ball smooth as this lady.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I saw that episode description and I knew exactly how I’m spending my evening : high, playing with my new kittens, listening to that like it was Prairie Home Companion.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

If this is your first exposure to Pearl, there's two things to know.

First, she's an alt-right outrage grifter similar to Tim Pool, only she's a pick-me girl appealing to misogynists. Being dumb isn't just a thing she does, it's her brand. Her whole deal is to yes and whatever whatever dumb talking point the alpha male of the week is saying about how women should be subservient. Her game plan is largely similar to Pool's; have atrociously bad takes that go viral, get dunked on by the online left, use getting dunked on to boost her own engagement, repeat.

Second, even though being ignorant is her job, she's got negative media literacy. I honestly don't think she realizes that demurring to TradCath values or to the host of whatever podcast she's guesting on that week makes her look completely unhinged when she's not preaching to the choir. Basic follow-up questions completely flummox her, and she's routinely baffled that people do basic opposition research before talking to her. Ethan Klein had her on h3h3 and danced circles around her for three hours, getting her to admit that by her own standards she considers herself a 5 out of 10 and eventually making her ragequit over whether or not slavery was bad (she thinks black people are exaggerating how bad it was, because of course she does). She went on Piers Morgan twice; the first time Ava Santina laughed at her face, the second time she sat there dumbfounded because Piers made her respond to anti-semitic content she didn't think she would ever have to talk about. Tim Pool at least has the sense to never leave his compound and force the people that don't like him to come to him if they want to debate him. Pearl's just head empty about all things.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I've never heard of her before today but having someone who seems to have emerged fully formed from an egg three days ago asking Alex the most basic questions is very fun.

E: I imagine if Alex were interviewed by one of his listeners it'd either be "yeah but Jews" or this lady.

Grand Fromage fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 23, 2023

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The reappearance of my favorite Alex jones tall tale: the globalists showed me all their plans and then asked me to join and I politely declined and signed an NDA which I completely respect, I only break the NDA after some major event when I can say I saw it coming.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

red19fire posted:

The reappearance of my favorite Alex jones tall tale: the globalists showed me all their plans and then asked me to join and I politely declined and signed an NDA which I completely respect, I only break the NDA after some major event when I can say I saw it coming.

The globalists really wanted my dad to join them, so he found out about all their super secret plans in detail but he didn't join them so I can't tell you about them until next week when I tell you all about them.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bird food bathtub posted:

The globalists really wanted my dad to join them, so he found out about all their super secret plans in detail but he didn't join them so I can't tell you about them until next week when I tell you all about them.

Tales of the Smartest Boy in Texas

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
In a very not a bright spot moment
The Uncle Howdy that Dan talked about a few times just passed away. He hasn't wrestled or appeared in wwe in months. He was only 36

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/...ingawful.com%2F

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Grand Fromage posted:

I've never heard of her before today but having someone who seems to have emerged fully formed from an egg three days ago asking Alex the most basic questions is very fun.

E: I imagine if Alex were interviewed by one of his listeners it'd either be "yeah but Jews" or this lady.

It's fun because if you asked him those exact same questions every two months he'd have a wildly different answer each time, he just pretends it's been the same answer all along and he's not just making it all up off the top of his head

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Digital Jedi posted:

In a very not a bright spot moment
The Uncle Howdy that Dan talked about a few times just passed away. He hasn't wrestled or appeared in wwe in months. He was only 36

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/...ingawful.com%2F

Also, he died from Covid related heart issues so Alex Jones may actually talk about him.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’m listening to this Pearl interview and I guess being dumb is her brand* but come on girl, have some self respect.

Did God give her hubris where intelligence should be? If I was this empty headed, I wouldn’t make myself a public figure.

*I don’t think it’s just a brand

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

As best I can tell, Pearl is smarter than she lets on but dumber than the phrase "she's smarter than she lets on" implies.

Like, she's smart enough to hitch her wagon to Nick Fuentes, but not smart enough to recognize that nothing good can come from giving a softball interview to Alex Jones.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Bring born rich is a curse unless your parents are better at raising you than Tom Freaking Hanks

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Froghammer posted:

As best I can tell, Pearl is smarter than she lets on but dumber than the phrase "she's smarter than she lets on" implies.

That's every female far-right persona, from lowly content creators like Pearl and Loomer to Sarah Palin and MTG. Smart enough to find a lane and stick to it, dumb enough to be surprised every time they meet someone who finds them repulsive

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Froghammer posted:

Like, she's smart enough to hitch her wagon to Nick Fuentes, but not smart enough to recognize that nothing good can come from giving a softball interview to Alex Jones.

I doubt she thinks any negatives that association can bring are actually a bad thing, and she probably views them either as positive attention or possibly, like Alex, as reinforcement that she's on the right track because the "system" only attacks the things that are hurting it. If anything, she'd probably have liked more negative outcomes, since I doubt most people even knew it happened and even some people in this thread were presumably as unaware as I was of her and the interview until Dan covered it.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I feel there’s something different with Pearl than MTG, Palin, Candice Owens etc.

Like there’s just a profound emptiness. There is nothing that exists between the ears, it is just endless whooshing and whistling of wind. Not even on an intellectual level, you can be stupid as a sack of rocks and still have personality and vigor, her, it is just a bottomless well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Complete trust of whatever the guest says is frightening