Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Re: r/relationships: the only part that he cleans is his p3n!s

Captain Hygiene posted:

[b]AITA for not drinking coffee?

quote:

When we met, Kara was explaining that she jumped on her bike at 530 AM to get a frappuchino. (Note, I don't have anecdotal experience but I know they contain a lot of sugar). She said ended up hitting the curb and crashing.

I told her that frappuccino's are very, very unhealthy. I don't know the exact sugar content but I do know it's not good for her.

…I was just looking out for her.
:supaburn:

:lmao: Imagine going on a first date and telling a guy about your bike injury and his response is to tell you the drink you were biking to get could make you fat.

Great doctor here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nurglings
May 6, 2016

Baronjutter posted:

I see them in Canada too. Middle class suburbanites that cosplay rural rednecks love that poo poo.

Always strange to me when I see non-Americans get so invested in American politics in general and our weird brand of conservatism in specific. Like that Malaysian fellow on Twitter that's like an alt-right/MAGA figurehead.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

I see them in Canada too. Middle class suburbanites that cosplay rural rednecks love that poo poo.

I see them in loving Norway. Racism, idiocy and bigotry recognizes no borders.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for telling my husband i dont like how he bathe

Its like the opposite of the guys who don't wipe

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Protip: figure out if a person washes their whole body before marrying them

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Baronjutter posted:

They're a great way of instantly figuring out if I'm going to have clashing personalities and values with someone.

I always appreciate a red flag.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Our cops also copied the stupid racist American cop flag, except it's extra stupid because the Canadian flag doesn't normally have a blue line through it.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Runcible Cat posted:

The really horrifying part of that is they have wives and girlfriends. Who were apparently willing to give them a few years to figure out how to clean their poo poo-clotted buttcracks themselves.

... is this why I'm single?

I was gonna make a joke about how Billy goats piss on their own faces to attract the nanny goats, but I just feel too bad for the wives and girlfriends of the poop trackers.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Ensign Expendable posted:

Our cops also copied the stupid racist American cop flag, except it's extra stupid because the Canadian flag doesn't normally have a blue line through it.

Neither does the American flag! The cop flag recolors one of the white lines.

I guess you could do the same with the Canadian flag and recolor the white to blue, would probably be more accurate with the fat blue line tbh

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Runcible Cat posted:

The really horrifying part of that is they have wives and girlfriends. Who were apparently willing to give them a few years to figure out how to clean their poo poo-clotted buttcracks themselves.

... is this why I'm single?

Little did we single men realize that a poo poo-clotted buttcrack was actually an aphrodisiac

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

quantumwell posted:

Little did we single men realize that a poo poo-clotted buttcrack was actually an aphrodisiac

Don't fear, friend-o, it's never too late to bronze up!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for telling my mom that she needs to accept that I’m not her miscarried son?

quote:

I’m a 17 year old woman. I’ve been a woman since the day I was born but my mom doesn’t seem to think that way.

When I was younger she would only buy me “boy’s” toys like cars and action figures and whatever. I had to dress like a boy, act like a boy.

When I got older and started trying to be a girl for once, I tried putting on a dress and makeup at my 13th birthday party. My mom made me change, scrubbed the makeup off my face, and cut my hair short. And that’s how she’s made me continue to look.

She doesn’t have an issue with the fact that I date boys, she just calls me her gay son. Which is moronic, because any time I meet one of her friends for the first time, they have the natural question of “why does your supposedly gay son look like a girl and have breasts?”

I hate it. I loving hate it. Is it so absurd for me to wear a loving dress for once? To have long hair like every other loving girl? Why the hell does she insist on calling me her gay son when I’m so clearly not?

So I asked my dad (he split up with my mom years ago and I only have limited contact with him). He told me that before I was born, my mom had this obsession with being a family with a son, like, it’s all she would ever talk about. She had a son shortly before me, but it died shortly after birth due to some kind of heart defect. When she had a daughter, she swore to raise me as her “lost” son.

I confronted her and told her that no matter what she has delusions herself into thinking, I’m not her miscarried son, and she needs to accept that before she loses her daughter.

Her response was to look at me and say “I don’t have a daughter, I have a son.”

I packed my poo poo up and left that night. I’m staying over at my friend’s house for the time being, and I don’t plan on going back. I turn 18 in a few weeks, so after that she can’t make me.

My friend’s parents know the whole situation and they’re willing to let me stay while this all gets figured out, if it does. They said they’re happy to have me if nothing gets resolved.

My mom, however, has been blowing up my phone telling me to please come home and that she needs her little boy. I told her to gently caress off and that she’ll never have a son, and if she doesn’t sort out her mental poo poo, pretty soon she won’t have a daughter.

I genuinely don’t think I’m over reacting here. AITA?

Years ago, I found a VC Andrews book with a similar plot, unaware it was a ghost writer. But that's a yikes from me.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for telling my mom that she needs to accept that I’m not her miscarried son?

Years ago, I found a VC Andrews book with a similar plot, unaware it was a ghost writer. But that's a yikes from me.

That's stdh.txt as bait for trans bigotry I think. Ticks too many boxes from that witch hunt.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

That's stdh.txt as bait for trans bigotry I think. Ticks too many boxes from that witch hunt.

Am I being naive to think how did she go 17 years without someone intervening or even a school counselor getting involved ?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

toplitzin posted:

I bet Grandpa's a real blast to be around.

It could be a sweet thing a concerned grandchild is doing for gran-dad.

i.e. The animals are "watching" him to make sure he is safe, doesn't have a fall, or anything like that. Grandma is just being mischievious and a poo poo-stirrer by putting them back and hiding them to annoy her humourless husband.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Yeah that’s my read as well. Like:

quote:

So I asked my dad (he split up with my mom years ago and I only have limited contact with him).
If she’s 17 she could choose to live with her dad. Also why is he acknowledging it but also letting it happen? The thing just screams transphobic stawman.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
It's weird that when you take a trans story but make it happen to a cis person, all the reddit comments are like "At first I thought it was transphobia but this is so much worse." As though abuse is not as bad when done to a trans person.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Cowslips Warren posted:

likes coffee shops but not coffee.

Dude must be awesome at parties. "Oh I love BBQs but I don't eat the food."

I am a grown arse man who doesn't drink coffee. (As a child I decided it was a "grown ups" drink, and I never got into it.). But I also enjoy a nice coffee shop/cafe experience.

I order a cup of tea and a slice of cake and sit there sipping my drink and eating my snack like the fancy lad that I am.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Dr. Stab posted:

It's weird that when you take a trans story but make it happen to a cis person, all the reddit comments are like "At first I thought it was transphobia but this is so much worse." As though abuse is not as bad when done to a trans person.
Because they can't relate to the Other even though trans folks are still people. They can imagine this story though, because "wow imagine if my mother insisted on my gender incorrectly!"

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Dr. Stab posted:

I mean, in this case transphobia would just involve a horrible, dickbag, bigot that we're all familar with and theres a fair bit out there on how to escape and cope with it. In this case, taking it at face value, it's instead a crazy psychotic lady that's completely lost it. It's still terrible either way, but they are definitely both their own unique flavors of horrifying, and I can't blame people if one or another leaves a stronger impact on them.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Equally important, most trans people don't figure out their situation for years, and a lot don't admit it for a long time after that. This girl's been getting the treatment since birth, and knew it was wrong.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Crocobile posted:

If she’s 17 she could choose to live with her dad.
Only if he volunteers.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
AITA for shaming my 'alpha-male' boyfriend about his job

quote:

Around a year ago I (19F) moved to the US for university. In my first week there I met my now (21M) boyfriend. However, 6 months ago he dropped out to start a drop shipping business, (he was a sociology major for context). I tried to persuade him to stay in school for a backup plan but he explained to me that the drop shipping market is huge and he'll make more money than he would if he got his degree.

A while ago I got a waitressing job at a very popular food chain, if I said the name it's likely a lot of people would know it (and for context, my work is the first location in the chain). I won't lie, I make minimum wage, but decent with the tipping. My boyfriends business actually makes decent money (around $3000-$4000 per month). This sounds good but he has a terrible attitude and thinks everyone still in school, has a job paying less than him or doesn't own their own business is inferior, he also considers himself an 'alpha-male' and continuously watches business lessons on YouTube shorts.

Yesterday, we got into a fight, it all started when I got home from work and was going to tell him about how we got a surprise visit from a worker at our restaurant and was and how we got along so well. The first thing he said was "how old is she?, what's her salary? hah, must be $7.50 an hour." I told him that she was around my grandmothers age and he started berating her for still working at her age and how she still doesn't have enough money to retire. I was getting really irritated at him and decided to tell him the rest of my story about her "her and her husband founded the chain, they're probably multi-millionaires, they've earned more than you will probably ever make with your 'business'." I definitely said more but I can't remember what exactly. I think he started crying because he stopping talking and locked himself in the bathroom, the last thing he said to me was "can you actually stop shaming me, my job pays for our rent."

I feel so horrible about what I said but I just thought he needed to understand that making fun of peoples jobs is terrible, I also understand that I do live with him and his job definitely lets us live more comfortably that the average people our age.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Somebody credible I follow on Twitter (I know, I contradict myself) just last week had to sit her 9-year-old down and say, "I know your teacher said otherwise, but slaves did not enjoy being enslaved, and they weren't leading happy lives." Texas, btw. And before you start, not everybody has the money, resources, or portable skills to leave Texas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhu4T_vwxIU

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Pomme de Terror posted:

quote:

"her and her husband founded the chain, they're probably multi-millionaires, they've earned more than you will probably ever make with your 'business'."

lmao :owned:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Drop ship his rear end.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Captain Hygiene posted:

AITA for not drinking coffee?

:supaburn:

Found the audio for this one:
https://soundcloud.com/s-change-639018120/aita-for-not-drinking-coffee

Also Captain Hygiene my wife said your avatar was great

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Vim Fuego posted:

Also Captain Hygiene my wife said your avatar was great

:craboot:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, Stab Crab

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Pomme de Terror posted:

quote:

I think he started crying because he stopping talking and locked himself in the bathroom, the last thing he said to me was "can you actually stop shaming me, my job pays for our rent."

hahahahahaha, look at this alpha boy!

AITA? Family upset I won’t invite homophobic cousin to my wedding

quote:

AITA? I (26f) am engaged to my fiancée (26F) and we are getting married next year. I received a text from my mom this morning stating my family (3 of them) is upset that I am not inviting my cousin (24f) who is extremely homophobic. We used to very close, but one day 4 years ago came to me with a Bible and told me I was an abomination for doing what I was doing (being a lesbian). I told her if that’s how she felt then she would no longer be a part of my life. We stopped talking and really seeing each other completely since she lives in a different state. I don’t follow her on any socials. I’ve taken the easy path for my family during holidays and have been civil despite how she made me feel - however I feel like it’s my wedding day and I have the choice to choose who I want there. Why would I pay for someone to be there who doesn’t support me? Some of my family members are now saying they won’t come if she isn’t invited. Part of me literally does not care. My heart is telling me if they support me they’ll be there. My mom is still saying I should take the easy path and not cause waves. However she’s also a ball of anxiety so she’d rather there not be any confrontation. I know the entire family is probably texting about it in a group chat.

Nice to have family members kindly uninvite themselves from the wedding.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The path was pretty easy until other people joined the rear end in a top hat brigade.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The path was pretty easy until other people joined the rear end in a top hat brigade.

I mean, it was still pretty easy after the closet homophobes outed themselves, but it was easy before then too.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Wha the hell is drop shipping some Instacart thing? Sounds MLMish.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Tom Tucker posted:

"Drop-shipping is when a person, or company, sells goods on their website that they do not keep in stock. When an order is received, they send those orders to another company to ship the goods directly to the buyer."

lol. Advertise literally everything because you don't keep inventory.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It’s a scam that requires you to get in on the ground floor in 2017.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Tom Tucker posted:

It’s where you run a store front on etsy or wherever and just relist things from aliexpress for more than they’re worth. You don’t hold any actual inventory and people who buy stuff from you don’t realize it’s coming straight from china

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Tom Tucker posted:

You know all those Etsy sellers selling stuff you can find for a fraction of the price on aliexpress? That's what they're doing.

efb

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

Pomme de Terror posted:

lol @ sociology alpha male

lol again
and again

e: my lols informed by my experience as a sociology grad student

digitalist fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Aug 21, 2023

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Please, "Entrepreneur".

Making ~$40k a year, lol, so alpha, he's probably making about the same as all the servers at that restaurant.

(Not lol at $40k a year, lol at him having a big fuckin' head about it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Yeah, dropshipping is just interposing yourself as a middleman between customers and AliExpress and taking a percentage of the sale. It's a better gig than getting into MLMs, at least.

I wonder if his $40k/year in profit is actually $40k in total sales and doesn't include any of the expenses? That seems pretty common out in MLMland.