Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Hurt my shoulder saturday so I didn't go with my family to the pool on Sunday. Squeezed in 3 hours of FF16 yesterday before playing Fortnite. I finished up Everfall. I need to get this game finished. I enjoy it, but I want to finish it before I forget about it.

I also tried Code Vein and Lord's of the Fallen. Don't really care for either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

sadly, chun-li is a cop

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

She's right. Every Blanka and E Honda player has taken this advice to heart, much to my dismay

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Chad Jihad posted:

A week is ridiculous but seeing some superstars in that thread and knowing how easily bullied games mods are,

heck upon closer inspection, bunch of people making their first post in that thread to dunk on the post

v dishonorable posting imo

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

didn't read or engage with any of that poo poo in the SF6 thread while it was happening; cspam got me numb to it. no need for a probe like that

plz buff kimberly

Grey Fox has issued a correction as of 14:03 on Aug 21, 2023

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

I hadn't realized that "politics" post in games caused a 4 page derail and that is why slim received a week.

Centrists mad that he said Hillary voting was bad or that their favorite character was something other than a vbnmw party-liner?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Also there are so goddamn many street fighter characters, please eliminate twelve

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This is just a sign SA is getting really old. That post is a common gimmick on TikTok or Twitter, making goofy jokes about the political alignment of a games characters.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I can't even keep up with soul calibur characters and those are the games I played

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I played through the first mission Sniper Elite 4. It picks up chronologically right after 3, throwing you into Italy just ahead of the Allied invasion. At least this time the new wunderwaffe you're trying to stop is revealed from the very beginning, so you don't spend more than half the plot just finding out what it is.

- the maps are so much larger; letting you take multiple approaches to various targets, and letting you take targets in any order you wanted. The second point of the map I went to ended up being the final objective, which I got out of the way very quickly

- the minimap is also more useful, since it now shows the map terrain, letting you refer to it without having to drop into the full-screen map.

- the minimap also indicates the revised stealth mechanics of SE4: instead of a set distance from where you last shot, that you have to get away from, the minimap will leave an indicator saying where the enemies think they heard your last shot came from. They're going to head towards it if you keep shooting from that direction, and they're eventually going to triangulate your position if you really don't relocate. In my experience it's enough to just move from bush to bush between shots, but ...

- ... the AI is more tenacious; they'll raise alarms just from having too many men killed at once, and they'll head for your vague direction even if they haven't found you specifically.

- luckily, since the game is set in Italy, so there's a lot more shubbery and hills and fences and houses to hide in and hide behind

- it's now possible to sprint from a crouch without dropping into a walk at the end of the sprint, which is a huge help for getting around

- in line with the "open world"-ness, there's more opportunities to perform creative assassinations: I managed to kill a Nazi officer by waiting until he walked past a box of explosives, and then exploded the gas tank next to the explosives, which set off the box, which blew him the gently caress up ...

- ... which completed the objective without me having to deal with a single guard ...

- ... and rewards you with a kill cam of what overpressure does to the human body when applied all across the front

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

This is just a sign SA is getting really old. That post is a common gimmick on TikTok or Twitter, making goofy jokes about the political alignment of a games characters.

I made a Bobs Burgers one during the 2020 primaries and it was only a little cringe

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Bob is a Biden bro because he thinks Biden is Obama's best friend, Linda and Gene are Buttigieg backers because they think his name is funny, Tina likes Beto because his butt is at eye level when he stands on stuff, Louise is yang gang, Jimmy Pesto is MAGA and was at 1/6, Teddy is a berniebro and also posts in C-SPAM, etc etc

e: Gayle is Hillary -> Marianne pipeline

loquacius has issued a correction as of 14:18 on Aug 21, 2023

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

gradenko_2000 posted:

I played through the first mission Sniper Elite 4. It picks up chronologically right after 3, throwing you into Italy just ahead of the Allied invasion. At least this time the new wunderwaffe you're trying to stop is revealed from the very beginning, so you don't spend more than half the plot just finding out what it is.

- the maps are so much larger; letting you take multiple approaches to various targets, and letting you take targets in any order you wanted. The second point of the map I went to ended up being the final objective, which I got out of the way very quickly

- the minimap is also more useful, since it now shows the map terrain, letting you refer to it without having to drop into the full-screen map.

- the minimap also indicates the revised stealth mechanics of SE4: instead of a set distance from where you last shot, that you have to get away from, the minimap will leave an indicator saying where the enemies think they heard your last shot came from. They're going to head towards it if you keep shooting from that direction, and they're eventually going to triangulate your position if you really don't relocate. In my experience it's enough to just move from bush to bush between shots, but ...

- ... the AI is more tenacious; they'll raise alarms just from having too many men killed at once, and they'll head for your vague direction even if they haven't found you specifically.

- luckily, since the game is set in Italy, so there's a lot more shubbery and hills and fences and houses to hide in and hide behind

- it's now possible to sprint from a crouch without dropping into a walk at the end of the sprint, which is a huge help for getting around

- in line with the "open world"-ness, there's more opportunities to perform creative assassinations: I managed to kill a Nazi officer by waiting until he walked past a box of explosives, and then exploded the gas tank next to the explosives, which set off the box, which blew him the gently caress up ...

- ... which completed the objective without me having to deal with a single guard ...

- ... and rewards you with a kill cam of what overpressure does to the human body when applied all across the front

SE4 fuckin rules. the maps are very fun to go around in. distractin nazis and italians can be very metal gear in some parts of the game. it owns.

also seeing little details about people through binocs is neat

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
authentic is pretty sick. also the co-op is great, both the campaign and the special co-op modes

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Gumball Gumption posted:

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

lol they gave the SF6 politics guy a week

Lol that guy tried to make a joke and he gets a week but every other post on that page sucks. What a lovely mod and forum lol

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
the video games forum actually owns especvially the final fantasy mmo thread

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

How are you not gonna give Shadow MCR lol, fake-rear end fan made that

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Norton posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I don't know any of the newfangled Sonic characters but making Sonic pop-punk, Tails nerd prog, Knuckles nu-metal, and Eggman edgy prog all tracks 100%

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Which Sonic character would be a Juggalo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

most characters are an impressive mix of based and cringe too, good balance there

like, props to Big the Cat for already being into Gary Clark Jr in the 2000s or whenever this meme was made, but, he also likes Skynyrd :chloe:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Augus posted:

sadly, chun-li is a cop
prove that she's not an entryist/double agent

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

DaysBefore posted:

Which Sonic character would be a Juggalo

based on the posted meme, Knuckles

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Cuttlefush posted:

the video games forum actually owns especvially the final fantasy mmo thread

MMOHMO is such a cool forum filled with diehard "only ever play this mmo ever" and a roving band of MMO ronins who rile each other up to buy the Pre-Order Alpha Access to whatever game lives or dies that year. Posting got so many people to drop $200 on Archeage Online, including me.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Bah twitter images

lookabee83/status/1693432587648118938

KirbyKhan has issued a correction as of 14:49 on Aug 21, 2023

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

KirbyKhan posted:

MMOHMO is such a cool forum filled with diehard "only ever play this mmo ever" and a roving band of MMO ronins who rile each other up to buy the Pre-Order Alpha Access to whatever game lives or dies that year. Posting got so many people to drop $200 on Archeage Online, including me.

Is Secret World still around somehow?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

all chun-lis are bastards

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

MonsieurChoc posted:

Is Secret World still around somehow?

Still truckin

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

KirbyKhan posted:

honestly its fun as hell to play those lovely opening wack mmos like new world and then check the thread to see the sights. never had any regrets (didn't play archeage but the people i played new world (lmao) with did so i absorbed some of it)

hosed up bullshit weird mmos rule

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
what was the mmo (very old) where there were like cops, army, criminals, other factions. and people roleplayed. but it was kind of a shooter? does that ring any bells

every time i see secret world i think of it but it's not the same at all

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Savescumming smh. Live with your failures

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

loquacius posted:

most characters are an impressive mix of based and cringe too, good balance there

like, props to Big the Cat for already being into Gary Clark Jr in the 2000s or whenever this meme was made, but, he also likes Skynyrd :chloe:

what's cringe on Eggman's list because that's drat near beat for beat my record collection

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

DaysBefore posted:

:hai:

frequently it's more interesting to see how the games accommodate for those failures.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

DaysBefore posted:

maybe if they made the failures interesting

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
yeah. sometimes it's fun to ironman and sometimes it's fun to try a quest out a few ways while my curiosity is hot. also one save runs are for when the game is basically ironed out and doesn't have weird sequence loving up bugs. but it is ftw in that state

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Begging the DM to let me retry the persuasion roll for an eleventh time so I don't get made fun of by the elf babe at the tavern. He kicks my rear end and bans me from the next DnD session

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
bg3 has pretty interesting failure states for a lot of things. also some failure failure states where you fail to get an interesting end. but the "you hosed up hard" failure states tend to be just as fun or more than doing it all right so far

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
oops finished XCOM 2 a few days early now I’m in the doldrums between now and AC6

maybe I’ll pick Dave the Diver back up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Suzerain just got a complete overhaul, go play it you shits