Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

In VS i get pretty bored during the last half when your build comes together and the screen is just exploding... does the dlc fix that and make it more interesting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yep the dlc is win

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

You can skip the treasure chest animation by holding B. Also, if there's items in the map, you can pick them up later with a full inventory and still use them. If an item's evolution turns two things into one, like the guns and doves, you get that item slot back. You can keep building and evolving items late in the game if you do it right.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Vampire Survivors has the cat programming down pat, they are running around for no reason, i have no idea what they do, they get into fights and they scratch me

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I finally beat Dragon Quest 11, great game
Have mixed feelings about Act 3 tbqh, I don’t like how Serena’s character growth is undone by time travel shenanigans and returning to all the locations a third time felt like a bit too much.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Augus posted:

Have mixed feelings about Act 3 tbqh, I don’t like how Serena’s character growth is undone by time travel shenanigans and returning to all the locations a third time felt like a bit too much.

I loving hate it, but it has it's defenders since it's a) more DQ b) save a character

But yeah, it undermines the dramatic core of everything preceding it, but some people go hog wild for toothlessly happy endings

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Augus posted:

I thought either Act 2 or Act 3 should have been cut. The two of them together were a bit much.

And actually Act 3 pissed me off quite a bit because we discover aforementioned time travel shenanigans and our first instinct is to go and save a party member from dying and not, ya know, PREVENT THE FALL OF DUNDRASIL. That sure as hell was my first thought and I was pissed that nobody else considered it for even a second.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Bug Squash posted:

I loving hate it, but it has it's defenders since it's a) more DQ b) save a character

But yeah, it undermines the dramatic core of everything preceding it, but some people go hog wild for toothlessly happy endings

Yeah I thought Act 2 did an amazing job at raising the stakes and then Act 3 deflated a lot of the drama in order to get a neat and tidy happy ending. Aside from Hendrick’s face-off with Ghost Jasper, most of the “good endings” to subplots aren’t as dramatically satisfying as their Act 2 counterparts and Calasmos is less satisfying to take down than Mordegon because he never gets the chance to actually do anything bad.

I did enjoy the boss fights a lot in Act 3 since the game finally takes the training wheels off and gives you some tough battles.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1693624002982314108

End of an Era

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hope he’s ok and there’s not a medical reason for stepping back.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Leaving work early today over this

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/ofc_fine/status/1693624886516695166?s=46&t=36rNzOEGx40Ej2XR8t_CPw

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I'm real sorry to hear that...but my first thought was that he loving died, so I guess I can't complain.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I'm real sorry to hear that...but my first thought was that he loving died, so I guess I can't complain.

Seriously, leading with his name like that made me think he was a goner.

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh
it's-a not me!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Kinda reads to me like he was fired tbh

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

"we really liked having a famous actor voice mario for once and want to keep doing it, but we can't just fire charles, so he's going to get paid to do mostly nothing until he retires."

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

"we really liked having a famous actor voice mario for once and want to keep doing it, but we can't just fire charles, so he's going to get paid to do mostly nothing until he retires."

I would hope it’s not this, they are letting him put out a statement. Maybe he’s just had enough.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
it doesnt say mario characters so luigi and wario are safe

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm going to lmao if Chris Pratt is now the voice of Mario.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Martinet has such a passion for it, you can tell being mario brings him joy and pride. Can't say I see Chris Pratt with the same enthusiasm. And he'd surely not do video game trade shows, right?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the new voice of mario is gene shalit

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
New voice of Mario is Kiefer Sutherland.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Cartoon Man posted:

I would hope it’s not this, they are letting him put out a statement. Maybe he’s just had enough.

Isn’t he like, pushing 80? It’s possible he just can’t do the voices that well anymore.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Kevyn posted:

New voice of Mario is Kiefer Sutherland.
WHERE’S THE BOB-OMB

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Hope he’s ok and there’s not a medical reason for stepping back.

It's funny cause apparently there was a bunch of conspiracy theory stuff that started popping up particularly around Mario Wonder about his voice being replaced - there's some vibes he might be getting pushed out, but it's a ton of speculation.

I didn't know about it till Cybershell talked about it with his buddy on their podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1IDoRbvzgc

I do hope there isn't any bad blood. Would suck if Charles still wanted to do the VO.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Isn’t he like, pushing 80? It’s possible he just can’t do the voices that well anymore.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Wonder if he'll be the voice in Wonder? People were saying it didn't sound like him in the trailers for Wonder & the new Wario Ware game.

Mario Strikers and Sparks of Hope would be his last recordings if that's the case, which kind of blows.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Still old enough that voicing a high pitched character might be tough for him these days. Mark Hamill has gone back and forth on retiring from voicing The Joker because it's a lot of work to get his voice into that range.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Heck of a run. It's gonna be weird to hear a non-martinet voice coming out of Mario's mouth in a game someday.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It’ll be weird but I remember when I first played Mario 64 and was put off by the voice since I was used to the Brooklyn accents in the Mario cartoons. I wouldn’t mind if they go that route in the games.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
so long gay bowser

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
drat, end of an era. :(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

so long gay bowser

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

JollyBoyJohn posted:

so long gay bowser

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

It's Mariover...

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Honestly Martinet is one of those grown-ups that seems to genuinely love life and always has something positive to say. He still hasn't forgotten his childlike joy and seeing videos of him just goofing around brings a smile to my bitter adult heart.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’ll be weird but I remember when I first played Mario 64 and was put off by the voice since I was used to the Brooklyn accents in the Mario cartoons. I wouldn’t mind if they go that route in the games.

*bumps into a goomba* “eyy, I’m jumpin’ here!”

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Next mario voice will be a gruff Brooklyn accent and Mario will be noticeably more hairy and complain about his back pain. But if you find a plate of spaghetti power up, he turns into martinet mario complete with yahoos and whoopees and triple jumps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

he will be voiced by Eddie Deezen