Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1692869899108913506

how dare china point out the contradictions in our dying empire :qq:

this rules because she was saying the same poo poo about trump for a good five years

how many brain worms do you need to have to believe your country elects people to its highest executive seat who are secretly foreign agents (so that you can continue your delusion that profit motive doesn't exceed all other considerations)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

crepeface posted:

do you take a spoonful of milk powder and add it to your milk?

That's how you get adamantium bones

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Neurolimal posted:

That's how you get adamantium bones

must be why he's strong enough to post in the d&d ukraine thread

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

crepeface posted:

do you take a spoonful of milk powder and add it to your milk?

just drink evaporated milk

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

fart simpson posted:

just drink evaporated milk

That's what I eat cereal with. It's very good.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

“Epistemic Superpredator.” Studying disinformation, cognitive security, crises.

Postdoc at UMD’s Applied Research Laboratory for Intelligence and Security (ARLIS).

Media Studies, Security and Intelligence Studies, Public Health, Psychology, Social and Behavioral Sciences

In addition to my academic career, I also have years of experience working as a journalist and research analyst covering disinformation and extremism, and I led the National Observer’s Democracy and Integrity Reporting Project in the lead-up to the 2019 federal election in Canada.

PhD in Social and Behavioral Sciences at Virginia Commonwealth University, research focused on novel applications of behavior change theory.

Unless she's doing it for the love of the game, she reads as a spook

I think shes just a stupid bitch academic

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

stephenthinkpad posted:

In other news, temperature slowly rising in SCS

there's been some back-and-forth over the Second Thomas Shoal recently in local news: after the second time that a PH Coast Guard resupply run was waterhosed and turned back, a rumor started that someone in the Philippine government had promised to the PRC that they were pulling out of the Shoal. Marcos Jr immediately issued a categorical denial, going so far as to say that not only did he not say it, but if anyone else in the gov't did say it, he was rescinding it right now.

so the media's been going around looking for someone to blame. First they said it was deposed former President Erap Estrada, and then yesterday they said it was former President, now Deputy Speaker of the House Gloria Arroyo (who was perceived to be the most pro-China president prior to Duterte). Both of them have denied such allegations.

all this misses the point: this rumor derives from the idea that China is feeling empowered to turn the PH away from the shoal because of this so-called "promise", but as you said, the problem is that the agreement only covers resupplying the Philippine presence there with provisions, and not construction material. The Philippines could very well be stepping on the toes of this agreement, even if no such promise was ever made, and China was only ever looking at the original deal as previously established

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

gradenko_2000 posted:

there's been some back-and-forth over the Second Thomas Shoal recently in local news: after the second time that a PH Coast Guard resupply run was waterhosed and turned back, a rumor started that someone in the Philippine government had promised to the PRC that they were pulling out of the Shoal. Marcos Jr immediately issued a categorical denial, going so far as to say that not only did he not say it, but if anyone else in the gov't did say it, he was rescinding it right now.

so the media's been going around looking for someone to blame. First they said it was deposed former President Erap Estrada, and then yesterday they said it was former President, now Deputy Speaker of the House Gloria Arroyo (who was perceived to be the most pro-China president prior to Duterte). Both of them have denied such allegations.

all this misses the point: this rumor derives from the idea that China is feeling empowered to turn the PH away from the shoal because of this so-called "promise", but as you said, the problem is that the agreement only covers resupplying the Philippine presence there with provisions, and not construction material. The Philippines could very well be stepping on the toes of this agreement, even if no such promise was ever made, and China was only ever looking at the original deal as previously established

lol PH using the US tricks regarding agreements

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

crepeface posted:

lol PH using the US tricks regarding agreements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUXb7do9C-w

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
okay, I don't want to be talking about of my rear end, so let's try to put some references into the topic:

May 29, 2013 - then-Chinese Ambassador Ma Keqing talks to Philippine Defense Secretary Voltaire Gazmin of the BS Aquino administration to raise concerns over the possibility that the resupply vessels bringing provisions to the BRP Sierra Madre might include construction materials for the Second Thomas Shoal

quote:

Gazmin said he assured Ma that the Philippines would not build structures there.

“We will not violate the agreement not to construct new structures. We told them we’re only bringing supplies for our troops there, like water, food. There will also be rotation of troops because we can’t put our men there permanently or they’ll go crazy,” he said.

[web archive link] A Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs statement from 2016 regarding the disputes in the South China Sea

quote:

5. China and the Philippines have not yet had any negotiation designed to settle their relevant disputes in the South China Sea. However, the two countries did hold multiple rounds of consultations on the proper management of disputes at sea and reached consensus on resolving through negotiation and consultation the relevant disputes, which has been repeatedly reaffirmed in a number of bilateral documents. The two countries have also made solemn commitment to settling relevant disputes through negotiation and consultation in the 2002 Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the South China Sea (DOC) that China and the ASEAN Member States jointly signed.

6. In January 2013, the then government of the Republic of the Philippines turned its back on the above-mentioned consensus and commitment, and unilaterally initiated the South China Sea arbitration. The Philippines deliberately mischaracterized and packaged the territorial issue which is not subject to the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) and the maritime delimitation dispute which has been excluded from the UNCLOS dispute settlement procedures by China's 2006 optional exceptions declaration pursuant to Article 298 of UNCLOS. This act is a wanton abuse of the UNCLOS dispute settlement procedures. In doing so, the Philippines attempts to deny China's territorial sovereignty and maritime rights and interests in the South China Sea.

93. In China's Nansha Qundao, the Philippines started in the 1980s to build military facilities on some islands and reefs it has invaded and illegally occupied. In the 1990s, the Philippines continued to build airfields and naval and air force facilities on these illegally-occupied islands and reefs; centered on Zhongye Dao, the construction has extended to other islands and reefs, with runways, military barracks, docks and other facilities built and renovated, so as to accommodate heavy transport planes, fighter jets and more and larger vessels. Furthermore, the Philippines made deliberate provocations by frequently sending its military vessels and aircraft to intrude into Wufang Jiao, Xian'e Jiao, Xinyi Jiao, Banyue Jiao and Ren'ai Jiao of China's Nansha Qundao, and destroyed survey markers set up by China.

94. Still worse, on 9 May 1999, the Philippines sent BRP Sierra Madre (LT-57), a military vessel, to intrude into China's Ren'ai Jiao and illegally ran it aground on the pretext of "technical difficulties". China immediately made solemn representations to the Philippines, demanding the immediate removal of that vessel. But the Philippines claimed that the vessel could not be towed away for "lack of parts".

95. Over this matter, China has repeatedly made representations to the Philippines and renewed the same demand. For instance, in November 1999, the Chinese Ambassador to the Philippines met with Secretary of Foreign Affairs Domingo Siazon and Chief of the Presidential Management Staff Leonora de Jesus to make another round of representations. Many times the Philippines promised to tow away the vessel, but it has taken no action.

96. In September 2003, upon the news that the Philippines was preparing to build facilities around that military vessel illegally run aground at Ren'ai Jiao, China lodged immediate representations. The Philippine Acting Secretary of Foreign Affairs Franklin Ebdalin responded that the Philippines had no intention to construct facilities on Ren'ai Jiao and that, as a signatory to the DOC, the Philippines had no desire to and would not be the first to violate the Declaration.

97. But the Philippines did not fulfill its undertaking to tow away that vessel. Instead, it made even worse provocations. In February 2013, cables were lined up around that grounded vessel and people on board bustled around, making preparations for the construction of permanent facilities. In response to China's repeated representations, the Philippine Secretary of National Defense Voltaire Gazmin claimed that the Philippines was simply resupplying and repairing the vessel, and promised that no facilities would be built on Ren'ai Jiao.

98. On 14 March 2014, the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs issued a statement openly declaring that the vessel it ran aground at Ren'ai Jiao was placed there as a permanent Philippine government installation. This was an apparent attempt to provide an excuse for its continued refusal to fulfill its undertaking to tow away that vessel in order to illegally seize Ren'ai Jiao. China immediately responded that it was shocked by this statement and reiterated that it would never allow the Philippines to seize Ren'ai Jiao by any means.

99. In July 2015, the Philippines stated publicly that the so-called maintenance repair was being done to fortify the vessel.

100. To sum up, by running aground its military vessel at Ren'ai Jiao, then promising repeatedly to tow it away but breaking that promise repeatedly and even fortifying it, the Philippines has proven itself to be the first to openly violate the DOC.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

crepeface posted:

double strength milk wtf

just put in twice as much powder

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

HiroProtagonist posted:

this rules because she was saying the same poo poo about trump for a good five years

how many brain worms do you need to have to believe your country elects people to its highest executive seat who are secretly foreign agents (so that you can continue your delusion that profit motive doesn't exceed all other considerations)

America both the most powerful country in the history of the world and also powerless to stop foreign agents from seizing the presidency.

Again though, all projection. The US installs its agents as highest level executives in other places all the time. See for example Ursula von der Leyen.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Weka posted:

just put in twice as much powder

weka strolls through the doors of the milk bar up to the counter in his leather jacket and orders a shot of milk, double, no ice and downs it one gulp

crepeface has issued a correction as of 08:29 on Aug 21, 2023

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
The US has a defense treaty with the Philippines, in theory they can insist that rust bucket on the reef is still a military ship and show a much stronger presence. Send some US navy to parade in front of the reef if they want to do the Ukraine thing.

Edit powdered milk is fine. I use it in the office. But it takes longer time to stir and longer time to wash the cup. Also I never know the correct amount, i just dump a random pour of powder into the cup.

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 09:41 on Aug 21, 2023

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

asserting that the Philippine power grid is 100% Chinese-owned because 60% of it is owned by Filipino-Chinese businessmen is incredibly loving racist, holy poo poo

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
oh no the free market is bad now

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

gradenko_2000 posted:

asserting that the Philippine power grid is 100% Chinese-owned because 60% of it is owned by Filipino-Chinese businessmen is incredibly loving racist, holy poo poo

lol is it even 60% owned? it just says 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓉𝓇𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑒𝒹 by a cabal

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
it's only free market when it comes from the oligarch region of virginia

otherwise it's just sparkling state capitalism

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Danann posted:

New international community survey dropped:
https://twitter.com/pewglobal/status/1684564534214934528

The international community:

:lmao: loving Sweden beats the US

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

stephenthinkpad posted:

The US has a defense treaty with the Philippines, in theory they can insist that rust bucket on the reef is still a military ship and show a much stronger presence. Send some US navy to parade in front of the reef if they want to do the Ukraine thing.

Edit powdered milk is fine. I use it in the office. But it takes longer time to stir and longer time to wash the cup. Also I never know the correct amount, i just dump a random pour of powder into the cup.

How much if the hill do you suppose is currently 50 layers of maritime paint over solid rust?

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

:lmao: loving Sweden beats the US

yeah that definitely tracks lol

i believe it's now illegal to publish anything even vaguely china-related without including photos of parading PLA soldiers and at least one use of the phrase "draconian communist dictatorship".

you get to read poo poo like how xi is a "self-appointed authoritarian dictator" even in random clickbait poo poo about tiktok influencers, it's amazing

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
feels like there's been more 'china is hosed' discourse in the news recently than usual.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

tristeham posted:

feels like there's been more 'china is hosed' discourse in the news recently than usual.

nothing will top the Prester Jane prediction that covid was destroying China in real time in early 2020, with the maps showing decreased emissions or whatever evidence. can anyone find those posts I need a laugh

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

tristeham posted:

I think we are in low key financial war mode right now. Biden's this cycle of rate hike is supposed to crack some oversea economies so the US can transfer the domestic economic stress to oversea. But it only cracked Credit Suisse and a couple small US banks. Some global south countries that were already in bad shape like Argentina and Pakistan ended up just borrowing RMB from China to help them repay the high interest they borrowed in USD.

And both RMB and Rubbles become very weak recently due to the strong dollar. Rubble to dollar is over 100, RMB exchange rate is over 7.3, which helps export but doesn't help Chinese domestic consumption. Frankly the whole world is holding on to the rollercoaster and waiting for the feds rate hike to peach the peak.

I also have read an analysis that normally Beijing would push out some domestic stimulating policies to help out the consumption (I think last time was some EV rebates, from the local government levels); but this year they are not doing it because Beijing has started the procedure to shut down ECFA partially (think of it as a FTA between China and Taiwan), so they are not going to stimulate the economy to help out the Taiwanese companies in China. I think there are some truth to it. There are going to be a package of trade sanctions against Taiwan before the Jan election. It's going to make the normal Taiwanese feel it.

So yeah, it's going to be so very loud whining from the real estate sectors, probably for a few months at least.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Shear Modulus posted:

I'm imagining her looking at her "who's viewed your profile" page and seeing FF's bio of former army guy and her saying "wow that would be a great guy to network with"

That occurred to me as someone with a nearly identical bio who "worked" for CSIS is doing a PhD on propaganda here (but surely not doing it) and we get along great.

my bony fealty posted:

I think shes just a stupid bitch academic

You have to remember that when I started doing my schooling all of the ambitious strivers had staked out authority as experts on COIN or counterterrorism. The sudden rebrand to intelligence/counterintelligence/propaganda is jarring. I realizing that a lot of them are trying to become twitter famous - something that sincerely helps your career if you don't have tenure - but the pivot is still pretty wild.

I'm going to predict they all become experts on A2/AD, littoral warfare, amphibious warfare, etc. as things ramp up with Taiwan.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 14:41 on Aug 21, 2023

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Comrade Koba posted:

yeah that definitely tracks lol

i believe it's now illegal to publish anything even vaguely china-related without including photos of parading PLA soldiers and at least one use of the phrase "draconian communist dictatorship".

you get to read poo poo like how xi is a "self-appointed authoritarian dictator" even in random clickbait poo poo about tiktok influencers, it's amazing

i think that chinese-swedish publicist getting renditioned (or something like that?) to china from thailand was when things started getting really bad
the case became a bit of a cause celebre among the journalist class and created a big opening for the anti-china agenda to take over in the media

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

100% :owned: by ethic Chinese

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Megamissen posted:

i think that chinese-swedish publicist getting renditioned (or something like that?) to china from thailand was when things started getting really bad
the case became a bit of a cause celebre among the journalist class and created a big opening for the anti-china agenda to take over in the media

It was.

But interesting during covid time Sweden was not running in the front carrying the torch for all the anti China activities. Australia was doing all the heavy lifting.

Now that Scomo is gone, I think the baton has been passed to Yoon.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

just saw the word Sweden and got mad
https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1678496033783836673
https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/1677527931269140481
https://twitter.com/mutludc/status/1599068741169455105

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

mawarannahr posted:

the correct reaction

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

my bony fealty posted:

nothing will top the Prester Jane prediction that covid was destroying China in real time in early 2020, with the maps showing decreased emissions or whatever evidence. can anyone find those posts I need a laugh

RIP 100s of millions dead due to Xi Jinping's invention, vaccines

stephenthinkpad posted:

It was.

But interesting during covid time Sweden was not running in the front carrying the torch for all the anti China activities. Australia was doing all the heavy lifting.

Now that Scomo is gone, I think the baton has been passed to Yoon.

I remember a lot of street art stickers with a China = Xi = Covid theme. Still can't work out what kind of patheic outfit would do guerilla street art under orders from the CIA. At least journalists get actual sinecures.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

mawarannahr posted:

West stabs Kurds in the back for the 50th time. How quickly they went from "our best allies in Iraq and Syria, elite fighters against ISIS" to "terrorists".

They gave up Marxism Leninism and let Americans set up base on their oil fields and it still wasn't enough to get the minimum of protection.

strange feelings re Daisy has issued a correction as of 17:51 on Aug 21, 2023

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer

RIP 100s of millions dead due to Xi Jinping's invention, vaccines

I remember a lot of street art stickers with a China = Xi = Covid theme. Still can't work out what kind of patheic outfit would do guerilla street art under orders from the CIA. At least journalists get actual sinecures.

Sometimes just regular simpletons express themselves without prodding, I know lots of epic anti-china no way bro i'm not right wing types

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

mawarannahr posted:

100% :owned: by ethic Chinese

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/erinhale/status/1689109317151334400

wow these motherfuckers occupied my country? I hate them even more now!

I will support the struggle of the indigenous people of Taiwan against the imperialist occupiers of the "Republic of China"

Edit BRB making one of those lib balkanization maps but of Taiwan

PoontifexMacksimus has issued a correction as of 20:03 on Aug 21, 2023

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

3 posted:

that's a gross oversimplification of the actual problems that led to the xm8 not being adopted, but the actual reasons are a little more boring (like heckler and koch insisting on using their proprietary G36 magazines rather than the STANAG magazines that were meant to be standard across all NATO members' service rifles)

The actual reason is that it no longer fit with the new aesthetic of the bearded GWOT Operator with a skeletonized gun covered in mounting rails with aftermarket accessories

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The actual reason is that it no longer fit with the new aesthetic of the bearded GWOT Operator with a skeletonized gun covered in mounting rails with aftermarket accessories

Hence the SCAR, SOCOM's rifle, getting funding instead.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

make everyone part of the special forces. send out millions of unique colored berets, kepis, and garrison caps. let them all grow beards.

then, in secret and slowly, turn the original MOSs and ratings into the real special forces.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

the word "junta" appears 12 times in this article
Myanmar’s junta arrests Swiss filmmaker, 13 cast members for defaming Buddhism

www.rfa.org posted:

Myanmar junta officials arrested a Swiss filmmaker and 13 cast members, accusing them of defaming Buddhism in informational videos posted on YouTube, according to a statement published by junta-controlled state media. 

The Swiss Embassy in Yangon told Radio Free Asia on Monday that it has asked Myanmar authorities to clarify the current status of filmmaker Didier Nusbaumer.

Junta Capt. Than Naing Kyaw and other military security members arrested Nusbaumer and 13 others – including a 12-year-old girl – on Aug. 7, two weeks after a video they produced appeared on YouTube. It was first reported in state media last week.

Nusbaumer, 52, is associated with the Phaung Daw Oo Integrated Monastic Education School in Mandalay, authorities said. He wrote the screenplay while the 12-year-old girl played the main character in the story. The other cast members also came from the school. 

They are accused of insulting Buddhist cultural traditions and the morals of Buddhist monks, according to state media. Authorities haven’t specified under which law they would be prosecuted.

Sensitive subject

The film, titled “Don’t Expect Anything,” portrays the message that it is meaningless to worship Buddha images or pagodas, and instead it’s important to follow Buddha’s teachings. 

The 12-year-old main character uses harsh words in the film to describe how the monks enjoy the food donated by lay people every day. The film portrays her as a reincarnation of a hermit who practiced Buddhist teaching in a previous life. 

The film was posted on YouTube and other social media on July 24. 

On Aug. 15, after the 14 people were arrested, the school and charity group wrote to junta officials and the Sangha Maha Nayaka Committee – established by the government in 1980 to oversee the Buddhist clergy – asking for their release.

The school wrote that Nusbaumer is a former Buddhist monk at the Phaung Daw Oo monastery, a true believer in Buddhism and did not intend to offend the religion. About 90 percent of people in Myanmar follow Buddhism.

Junta-controlled newspapers first reported the arrests on Aug. 18. 

When contacted by telephone by RFA, a monk at the monastery answered that all the monks have been saddened by the arrests and cannot respond at the moment.

Because of how sensitive religion can be, it’s best to avoid any kind of filming that might mislead people, said Ashin Thabarwa Nadi, the secretary of the Arakan Monks' Association.

“In this country, such a thing could easily cause religious or ethnic riots as a political trick,” he said.

The junta as Buddhism protector

A Mandalay resident who has watched the film said on the condition of anonymity that arresting multiple people for criticizing Buddhism should not happen.

“In the film, he gave the message that we should live according to the teachings of Buddha,” the resident said. “The little girl sending alms to the monastery in the film said some words to the monks, but that is nothing more than just a scene in the movie. 

“But the authorities just pinpointed that scene and arrested and detained all of them under the pretext that they have defamed Buddhism,” the resident said. “I think that should not have happened.”

When RFA contacted Aung San Win, director of the junta’s Ministry of Religion and Culture, he said he was unaware of the case. 

RFA attempted to contact the junta spokesman Maj. Gen. Zaw Min Tun and the junta’s spokesman for the Mandalay region, Thein Htay, but they could not be reached. 

It’s possible that the junta made the arrests to make itself appear to be the protector of the people and religion, said Min Thae, a political author. 

“The military leaders have always tried to appear to be protecting Buddhism, trying to imply that it should be in the political arena in Myanmar,” he said. “The junta wants to create a public opinion that it is protecting the national religion, especially among its pro-military people."

Translated by Myo Min Aung. Edited by Matt Reed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

I will support the struggle of the indigenous people of Taiwan against the imperialist occupiers of the "Republic of China"

Edit BRB making one of those lib balkanization maps but of Taiwan

The Japanese recruited a ton of Taiwanese aborigines for their volunteer brigades

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takasago_Volunteers

https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/the-imperial-japanese-armys-takasago-volunteers/

https://www.taiwanpanorama.com.tw/Articles/Details?Guid=7e892eff-8e2d-4e01-8a6c-fc21edc8f23d&langId=3&CatId=11

Some of them went to Japan after the war rather than back to Taiwan, and apparently some are honored at Yasukuni