Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

whostolemyhat posted:

Really really clear they only care about money.

No poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

vyelkin posted:

that statement sucks rear end

:qq: boo hoo we swear he's a good boy and it's the woke mob and hostile domestic violence charities trying to cancel an innocent man, direct evidence of him abusing someone is just out of context :qq:

gently caress them

At least they actually came to their senses and chucked him in the end. Other clubs have not.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

No poo poo.

And yet they spent £47m on Fred.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ThinkTank posted:

And yet they spent £47m on Fred.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Not even the Saudis are going to bid more than couch change in the circumstances. (Not that any rich people give a poo poo about domestic violence, I mean that United are publicly committed to jettisoning him so everyone else will regard it as a closeout sale) United will just hold onto him and try to work him in again in a year. Maybe loan him out somewhere.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
Turning a big dial that says “condoning domestic violence” and constantly looking back at the public for approval like a contestant on The Price is Right

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Mainwaring posted:

There were rumours linking him with an Italian club over the summer. I doubt he stays in the UK.

ADL will do it

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

tristeham posted:

do antony now

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

ThinkTank posted:

I really detest that they went with the "actually you guys don't know all the details but the woke mob is making us do this" tone for that release. I really enjoy my favourite club talking down to me and rolling its eyes while doing so.

Would it have killed them to go with a "my bad" or failing that just "generic professional release that says nothing?"

Well, he was immediately suspended and remained so for 18 months, half of which were after the case fell through. I'm sure the original plan was to just wait for him to be convicted on what seemed like ironclad evidence and then terminate his contract and claw back the wages they had to pay him while he was suspended, but all charges were dropped and they were left standing there holding their dicks. They should have skipped straight to what they're doing now instead of testing waters on bringing him back. IANAL but the statement reads to me like they're trying to get rid of him without opening themselves up to a libel and/or wrongful dismissal lawsuit, which one could argue a generic press release that doesn't address the obvious reason for his termination doesn't do.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
What are the odds on offer for "some person inside ManU got disgusted and leaked the plans to bring him back to the media" vs. "ManU leaked it themselves as a trial balloon"

feel like the latter should be about a 1 to 3 favorite tbh

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I assume there were multiple people at the club who didn’t want the return to happen. The leaked details aren’t positive for the club — stuff like the club labeling MPs and charities as “hostile.”

Also there was a dude at the Athletic who basically made it his mission to stop this from happening and did a ton of journalistic legwork.

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

What are the odds on offer for "some person inside ManU got disgusted and leaked the plans to bring him back to the media" vs. "ManU leaked it themselves as a trial balloon"

feel like the latter should be about a 1 to 3 favorite tbh

These aren't mutually exclusive. I think there was a careful plan to trickle details out gradually and gauge the reaction until someone got fed up and leaked the entire PR strategy.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

"We're going to ask the women's team so that if they say no you can hurl abuse at them for it being their fault" was an insane strategy

3peat
May 6, 2010

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Wow Pepe looks great, anybody want to buy him?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Thanks Ants posted:

"We're going to ask the women's team so that if they say no you can hurl abuse at them for it being their fault" was an insane strategy

I think the asking the women's team thing was made up by Jamie Jackson. Everyone else just reported that they wanted to inform them before the decision was made public.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Why does Sancho's wages increase every time they're reported lmao

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheRat posted:

The cells in the excel sheet don't turn the correct color otherwise

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
Just do a Grealish for Sancho swap with a transfer fee that equalizes the difference in wages.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Someone post the advanced stat that shows how Grealish is actually the best of those transfers

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ah the displays of hair volume per pass stat

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Larry Cum Free posted:

Just do a Grealish for Sancho swap with a transfer fee that equalizes the difference in wages.

I'm down, at least Grealish is so painfully dumb it's entertaining.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Vegetable posted:

Someone post the advanced stat that shows how Grealish is actually the best of those transfers

He never loses the ball and always shuttles it forward into the attacking third. He was immense all last year and they won the treble, so I believe the advanced stat you’re seeking is “three (3) trophies”

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TheRat posted:

he's on Januzaj wages

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

ThinkTank posted:

I'm down, at least Grealish is so painfully dumb it's entertaining.

he's a good lad who means well OP

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Grealish instantly bowing out of the geography quiz thing that was maybe a world cup promo was :3:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

Grealish instantly bowing out of the geography quiz thing that was maybe a world cup promo was :3:

That and him being entirely unfamiliar with the word "encyclopedia" endeared me to him completely.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

he's a good lad who means well OP

wasn't he a regular at mendy's soirees?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the Grealish camel story is also an all-timer, as is him reenacting Home Alone 2 in New York

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

vyelkin posted:

the Grealish camel story is also an all-timer, as is him reenacting Home Alone 2 in New York

I like that he seems genuinely disappointed he didn't get to meet the pigeon lady, a character from a movie that came out three years before he was born.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Thanks Ants posted:

Is that the one where he didn’t recognise a map of the UK?

On Mason Greenwood: extremely relieved that he’s loving off. After the stories the last few days I was expecting him to be welcomed back, so getting rid and a moronic PR statement is a big relief.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

gently caress UTD

Awful statement

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Is Woy alright? He seems like he’s carrying an illness or something in his post match interviews.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Szoboszlai is going to have such a good season, incredible he's already the best player to ever wear the #8 shirt

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

what the gently caress

sup finn

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

The Finn posted:

Szoboszlai is going to have such a good season, incredible he's already the best player to ever wear the #8 shirt

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Hi Finn

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Lads, I might post a spell this season if that's mighty fine with y'all *tips posting cap*

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

ThinkTank posted:

That and him being entirely unfamiliar with the word "encyclopedia" endeared me to him completely.

Jack Graelish is ‘desperate’ to learn about encyclopaedias

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Talk about coincidence, I read the name Baldo Di Gregorio just yesterday and now here we are.