Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Tyquan Thornton, WR, NE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Tyquan Thorton is great value at that spot.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fsif posted:

Tyquan Thorton is great value at that spot.

Agreed although the training camp buzz on Thornton has been ALL bad, like to the point where there’s rumors he could get cut. Not being able to look respectable against the receiver “competition” on the Pats is a big oof

But also everything in training camp is bullshit so :shrug:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He sucks and will get injured again.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

He sucks and will get injured again.

Just repost this for every pick from this point on

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

taste has until 8:30 AM.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

A more visual board to this point…

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

fsif posted:

A more visual board to this point…

Oh awesome, thanks for starting to assign players, definitely helps with cross-checking who's left.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

from now on I will always select a K in the 4th and DEF in the 5th

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/NickAdamsinUSA/status/1690151589074354177?s=20

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Sifting through the discount bin at the local vintage store, the We have Namath at home dig up:

Jonnu Smith - TE - ex-NE

The second pick is awaiting a clarification from the commish.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bjork Bjowlob's next pick is Zonovan Knight, RB, NYJ.

Also, they had a question for me about eligibility, so I might as well share to the wider audience as well: Raheem Blackshear is not eligible to be drafted because he was never an active player for the Bills (or any other AFC East team) on gameday. He spent some time on the Bills' practice squad and was the preseason darling that year but he never actually got the call.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Jarvis Landry

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fsif posted:

Bjork Bjowlob's next pick is Zonovan Knight, RB, NYJ.

Also, they had a question for me about eligibility, so I might as well share to the wider audience as well: Raheem Blackshear is not eligible to be drafted because he was never an active player for the Bills (or any other AFC East team) on gameday. He spent some time on the Bills' practice squad and was the preseason darling that year but he never actually got the call.

Yeah I stumbled across him several times thinking I’d found a diamond in the rough before realizing he never played a regular season down :(

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I was thinking about Bam. I think he's going to get cut. But there's so much RB depth around the league he might just end up back on the Jets' PS and not getting meaningful snaps anywhere else. I guess that's the reality of this draft though lol

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Docjowles posted:

Yeah I stumbled across him several times thinking I’d found a diamond in the rough before realizing he never played a regular season down :(

I had Blackshear in mind, too, and was similarly dismayed. So that makes at least three of us that did deep research on an RB for a really lovely team that had fewer than 100 scrimmage yards last season.

Also, speaking of research and eligibility, kalensc brought up Dustin Hopkins who was drafted by the Bills in 2013. He got hurt right before the start of Week One so the Bills signed Dan Carpenter; Hopkins spent five regular season weeks on the Bills roster before being released, but he an inactive in each of those weeks. So nope, Dustin Hopkins is not eligible.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Professor Funk posted:

I was thinking about Bam. I think he's going to get cut. But there's so much RB depth around the league he might just end up back on the Jets' PS and not getting meaningful snaps anywhere else. I guess that's the reality of this draft though lol

Yeah I was on the fence a bit, but with Israel's injury and Bam seemingly offering something different to Michael Carter, I took a chance on him either making the gameday roster as a relief/change of pace guy, or showing enough that he'd be picked up by another team if he hit the waiver wire.

fsif posted:

I had Blackshear in mind, too, and was similarly dismayed. So that makes at least three of us that did deep research on an RB for a really lovely team that had fewer than 100 scrimmage yards last season.

This is a sicko safe space, there's no shame here

Bjork Bjowlob fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Aug 21, 2023

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Docjowles posted:

I wanted DeAndre Carter but he was only a training camp guy for the Pats. :(

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

fsif posted:

Also, speaking of research and eligibility, kalensc brought up Dustin Hopkins who was drafted by the Bills in 2013. He got hurt right before the start of Week One so the Bills signed Dan Carpenter; Hopkins spent five regular season weeks on the Bills roster before being released, but he an inactive in each of those weeks. So nope, Dustin Hopkins is not eligible.

Jesus Christ this is dark

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I spent like 15 minutes trying to justify a kicker

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I'm still waiting to find out if my kicker will even make the team or if I wasted that pick lol

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Well if Landry got picked then I can't wait any longer:

Leonard Fournette, RB, Ex-NE

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

kalensc posted:

Well if Landry got picked then I can't wait any longer:

Leonard Fournette, RB, Ex-NE

huh?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

good try

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Lmao never mind I'm dumb, 1sec

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Israel Abanikanda, RB, NYJ

Got my wires crossed when Lenny did that Pats tryout a month ago, had him on the "FAs with past AFCE ties" list.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

e: ^^^ okay nevermind, will change your pick. Fournette IS eligible to draft because of the visit, but he'll net you 0 all year if he doesn't sign with an AFC East team pretty soon.

It's more like Leonard Fournette, RB, worked out for NE, right?

Like he's a FA that did indeed have a visit with New England this offseason. So, I think it's a Dalvin Cook Rule guy? If he signed with an AFC East team by September 7 at 9:00 AM, he's good? Or was this just a case of "Brady played with Fournette" and getting wires crossed and not realizing he's not actually an ex-Patriot?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fwiw you can draft Fournette under the Dalvin Cook rule, but unless he signs by week 1 he's a dead roster spot

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Stg I thought he played for the pats as well because of the Brady thing

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I should be able to draft Patrick Mahomes but I only get points for him if he's traded to an AFC East team during the season. Give him lenny lol

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Spoken like someone that watched Israel Abanikanda just slip through his fingertips.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Speaking of drafting guys who may or may not make the final roster

Swiggity swooty, I'm comin for that Kayshon Boutte, WR, NE

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’ll take Cedric Wilson Jr and hope he gets cut and picked up elsewhere

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Malik Cummingham lol

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

ty Johnson bills RB

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Fate Accomplice posted:

ty Johnson bills RB

gently caress I thought I was going to be able to get away with one (for a running back that will be maybe be RB3 for a bit if Damien Harris misses time on a team that sucks at running the ball).

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
lol i have one rb and he's now in a timeshare with zeke

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

fsif posted:

gently caress I thought I was going to be able to get away with one (for a running back that will be maybe be RB3 for a bit if Damien Harris misses time on a team that sucks at running the ball).

I control-Fed the OP multiple times to make sure he was still available, had trouble believing it

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Huge fantasy implications here to whoever drafted McLaughlin. Congrats

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1693727376557912328?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

Huge fantasy implications here to whoever drafted McLaughlin. Congrats

:hellyeah: ez game

Fate Accomplice posted:

ty Johnson bills RB

I was deciding between him and Boutte but decided I wanted more receivers