Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Hirez posted:

The best Shaemus thing is his website, which I am 100% confident he coded himself probably as like a teenager, so much lore!

http://www.sosofficial.com/gallery6.shtml

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

imagine seeing this in a game. you would cry

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

imagine seeing this in a game. you would cry

emerald tears

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Shamus is like a Hypnospace character

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

lol

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I was there when this image was made and it's so funny that it makes the rounds on Tumblr every few months to this day. Still great.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

But I s dn't
Matte our of
Your our of
Your h and be

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Power Windows posted:

But I s dn't
Matte our of
Your our of
Your h and be

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I saw Hulk Hogan in City Of Heroes one time. To stay on topic.

A Zoidberg too, if you could just imagine.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
I once asked Sheamus how many lies are too many lies at a meet and greet. He said seven.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
But how much is too many limes?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Dr. Baker posted:

I once asked Sheamus how many lies are too many lies at a meet and greet. He said seven.

He then clarified that six was a perfectly acceptable amount of lies

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

zetamind2000 posted:

All Edge Wrestling

Nothing but two counts for the whole match.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Mooseontheloose posted:

Nothing but two counts for the whole match.

Gargano is back in NXT?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It’s the third brand.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/15xe55l/its_me_wwe_superstar_the_american_nightmare_cody/

Cody is doing an AMA. I’m looking forward to the lies

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

it’s a worked shoot

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

:hmmyes:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/theDaddyMagic/status/1693668932870136217?s=20

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Hasn't he also insisted that he was supposed to win King of the Ring before that and it was instead given to Austin?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

HHH insists a lot of things for someone who married into the business he’s slowly getting pushed out of.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what did you all ask cody rhodes on reddit?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Hasn't he also insisted that he was supposed to win King of the Ring before that and it was instead given to Austin?

i thought that was the Mabel kotr

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cavauro posted:

I asked if he would watch my dude wrestle during SAW and I was promptly ignored

I think he'll be there in chat.:shobon:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

RealityWarCriminal posted:

i thought that was the Mabel kotr

Mabel won KotR in 1995

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

HHH really loves that "eating plates of poo poo" quote or whatever it was. Dude has a thing about eating poo poo I think.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The top questions from the Cody interview on reddit (PEACOCK is his answers)

lol at 4 kevins owen

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

daddy magic hates hhh and I love him for it

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

HHH's 'punishment' was barely that. The whole thing has become WWE propaganda and has been blown way out of proportion.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncvZiA-BsoE

He’s trying so hard, bless his heart.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Cavauro posted:

I asked him why he stinks like farts

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

lol at 4 kevins owen

imagine if you will 4 kevin owens perched on the edge of a cliff

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Majinfoose posted:

I asked him why he stinks like farts

His silence is deafening

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

His silence is deafening

Just like his farts

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

His silence is deafening

deadly silent if you weeel

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

"My muffler fell out"

-Cody Rhodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Here’s what I wrote years ago in the Triple H Graveyard thread:

quote:

I don't know why everyone is so upset about Triple H "burying" others. All he's making these guys do is pay their dues. Once they show they are committed to the company then they will receive a proper push. Look at Triple H - he persevered a burial early in his career that involved jobbing to the Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania 12 and having his promised 1996 King of the Ring victory taken away.

The Reality:

Triple H having to "pay his dues" early in his WWE career is accepted as part of his origin story of sorts, but it really didn't happen to the degree it's always presented as.

Triple H first debuted in the Spring of 1995. He was introduced in a series of vignettes, and proceeded to build a winning streak over jobbers. He had the American blueblood gimmick, and it was clear right from the onset that they had big plans for him. He wasn't presennted as a comedy character, but rather a technical threat. He fir the mold of midcard heel, and it was clear that he would likely be competing for the IC title at some point.

His PPV debut was at Summerslam 1995, where he defeated Bob Holly. HHH would be a PPV fixture going forward, usually having extended squash matches against low-card faces like Fatu or Henry Godwinn. His first televised singles loss was against Duke "The Dumpster" Droese at the 1996 royal Rumble. This match was held on the pre-show, and had the stipulation that the winner got the #30 spot in the Rumble and the loser got #1. It should be noted that while Triple H lost the match, he only lost due to a dusty finish, as Gorilla Monsoon reversed H's win because he cheated. Triple H was then #1 in the Rumble, and got the coveted iron man spot lasting 48:01. Triple H would destroy Droese at the next In Your House, just in case there was any misconceptions thst Droese was on H's level. Triple H also had competitive matches against Bret Hart and Razor Ramon on the early Raws in 1996 and although he lost he was presented as someone who could hang at their level.

The next major Triple H PPV match was at Wrestlemania 12, where he faced The Ultimate Warrior. The was Warrior's return to the WWE after a 4 year absence. Yes, Triple H jobbed. In fact, not only did he job but he jobbed in a 90 second squash and Warrior no-sold the pedigree. On the surface this actually does seem pretty bad for Hunter. But on closer inspection this isn't so bad. He got a spot on the biggest show of the year, against one of the biggest stars in WWE history. Keep in mind WM 12 was only a 3 hour show, and a 1/3 of the show was devoted to the main event iron man match. For someone in Triple H's position to get a spot on the card is a pretty big deal in and of itself. Furthermore, the Ultimate Warrior no-sold everybody's finisher back in the day, It was a foregone conclusion that Warrior was winning in typical fashion. This match is always presented as a big burial but a modern day equivalent would be WWE holding off on Batista's turn until Wrestlemania, then feeding him Damien Sandow. You'd know Batista would win, but you'd be surprised that Sandow would get such a lucrative payday.

The loss was largely ignored, and Triple H continued to be booked strong. Then came the Kliq incident. This is something that HHH always complains about in the incident. He has claimed that this cost him a promised king of the Ring victory, and set his career back years. This is what he always points to when people complain that Wrestler X isn't being pushed strong enough. If he came back from this, anyone else can come back from a burial. So what was the Kliq incident? Triple H and Shawn Michaels participated in a group hug with their departing real-life friends Kevin Nash and Scott Hall at an MSG house-show. Vince McMahon apparently lost his poo poo at this violation of kayfabe and took his anger out on Triple H. He couldn't punish Michaels because he was the WWE champ. But by god was Triple H ever going to be made an example of. HHH had apparently been promised the 1996 KOTR as a reward for putting over the Warrior. This would be his launchpad to the main event. This spot was given to Stone Cold (who was in a similar position on the card to Hunter, but was more experienced, a better wrestler, and had a larger upside) instead. Triple H lost his spot and languished in the mid card for...four months? He won the IC title in October 1996, and continued to be booked strong despite not really being over. He pretty much always involved in title storylines from this point on.