Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I feel like the moment you ask "Do I have to comply with the investigation with the regulatory body?" is the moment you should realize you have already hosed up badly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

An employee-involved chronological misconstruement

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

A timeframe-related inconsistency occurred in relation to the length of my compensated involvement with that organisation.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lying?! To get a job?! Well I never!

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
If you want the regulatory body to allow you to continue to work in the field that they oversee you do have to cooperate with their investigations, yes.

But it doesn't sound like that will be an issue for this guy going forwards either way tbh.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
r/relationships: a figure that might not be entirely congruent with the chronological reality

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Oh man. It comes out in the comments that it’s the SRA or The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) is the regulatory body for solicitors in England and Wales.

They turbofucked.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Coca Koala posted:

r/relationships: a figure that might not be entirely congruent with the chronological reality

Also works with Libertarians complaining about the age of consent.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

help a temporal anachronism has led to my employment experience somehow being falsified and i am worried that my career is progressing in a retrograde direction as a consequence. how do i give the cops the slip

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

help a temporal anachronism has led to my employment experience somehow being falsified and i am worried that my career is progressing in a retrograde direction as a consequence. how do i give the cops the slip

Simply refill Mr Fusion and get up to 88mph and your problems are solved.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Coca Koala posted:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Coca Koala posted:

This fits on so many levels for so many stories. But seriously did anyone else's eyes glaze over reading that post because it just felt like the dude busted out the thesaurus when he couldn't say the word lie?

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

yeah, I'd feel bad for the (obviously very dumb) guy inflating his resume in a place where he didn't know there would be consequences if the entire post wasn't written in sovereign citizenese

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Yeah he comes up with so many flowery ways to say “this could plausibly be an honest mistake” and never says “I misunderstood what they were asking for” and the omission is pretty telling.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
OP didn’t give gender. The thing they didn’t omit that they should have that really shows their hand:
> The sum did not add up to 24 months but my line manager signed it off and I asked him if he was sure, and he said yes.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Coca Koala posted:

“reality” won’t fit and I’m very cross.

EDIT: Got it

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Aug 21, 2023

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
Guess which movie is worth disowning your son!

AITA for getting a tattoo relatex to my favourite movie which my future father-in-law hates?

quote:

So basically I (27f) got a tattoo related to my favourite movie. I have multiple other tattoos too. The thing is, my fiancé's (29m) father (54m) hates this movie to the guts. Like, literally. I didn't really care about it, I just never mentioned it to him like ever, knowing he hates it.

I got this tattoo on my arm, and he obviously noticed, but didn't tell me a word about it. He called my fiancé, who got mad and yelled at me for disrespecting his father's opinion, and told me he's threatening to not come to our wedding and cut us off completely. My fiancé didn't even have a problem with this tattoo at first, only now, and asking me to go remove it.

To add, I've planned this tattoo years before I met my fiancé, and I didn't get it done to upset his father, which I was accused of. My parents learnt about the situation and they're on my side, saying it's not that big of a deal, and father-in-law has nothing to do with my body anyways.

AITA for getting the tattoo??

edit2: I know I said I won't put the movie here but here you go: my tattoo is the mockingjay from The Hunger Games

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Why would you hate that movie? I've never seen those films but they seem like fairly innocuous young adult fiction?

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
Reddit is speculating that he thinks its Antifa propaganda, but I like the idea he really loved the books, and hated the adaptation.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
54 years old? Hates a Jennifer Lawrence movie? Oh my goodness, the father in law is Darren Aronofsky!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Fatty posted:

Reddit is speculating that he thinks its Antifa propaganda, but I like the idea he really loved the books, and hated the adaptation.

Ask him about Rue

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I mean there's far worse adaptations, I just don't know if anyone's ever gotten a film 'a wrinkle in time' tattoo.

AITA for forbidding my daughters from my brother’s home after he exposed them to adult fun time?

quote:

This situation has caused significant turmoil in our family and I am being singled out as the one in the wrong here. I just need a reality check since I’m feeling confused how everyone else isn’t upset.

I have two elementary school aged daughters. It’s important to say that on their walk home from school they pass my brothers home first. My wife had asked them to pick some blackberries from my brothers yard on their way home. The girls had a short day on Friday for teacher in service so they would have plenty of time.

The girls went home without picking the berries. When my wife returned home a few hours later she asked why not, wondering if everything was alright. Our youngest explained the older sister said uncle was busy so they left. Wife asked the oldest and eventually got out of her that she thought she heard some grown up noises when they entered the house, so instead she left and told the younger one they could come back later. Then she said she didn’t know how long to wait so they just stayed home and waited for mom.

When I returned home from work and was told this story I was pissed. My wife doesn’t feel it was a big deal and the girls handled it fine. I confronted my brother and his husband and they hadn’t even known the girls were in the house at all. But he knows they stop by his home often when they’re let off from school, so that wasn’t the time for it, or at least lock the front door? It just feels deliberate.

I told the girls they’re no longer allowed to stop over at my brother’s home unsupervised. They can only go with my or my wife, or if grandparents are present. My wife is begging me to calm down but I just don’t see how this is fine.

Edit. To everyone saying my girls are ill mannered. We live in a small rural community, kind of place it’s safe to leave your front door unlocked. It’s normal here to show up at your family’s homes and let yourself in, usually just saying something greeting whoever’s home. Odds are good they’re probably not anywhere they’d hear a nock or doorbell anyway, just walk around the property or out in the barn till you find them. My brother’s home is practically a second home for them, so it’s natural to let themselves in never been a problem before.

Another edit. My wife had asked if the girls could pick berries Friday, but no I don’t think it was mentioned it was a half day. My brother didn’t need to be home for the girls to pick berries but they saw his truck and knew he was there so politely went to say hello to him. My brother has an odd work schedule where he works 2 or 3 days, then has something like a week off in between. I’m not sure why his husband was home during the middle of the day, not my business. But I hear your reasoning and understand I am overreacting, it was just shocking to me. We’re no longer going to ban them from visiting without supervision.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I want to think he's a literary snob and is just stomping around going "The society as depicted in those stories wouldn't even be FEASIBLE if you think about it for TWO SECTIONS! Even for a simple allegory it's PATENTLY RIDICULOUS! :arghfist:"

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Cowslips Warren posted:

I mean there's far worse adaptations, I just don't know if anyone's ever gotten a film 'a wrinkle in time' tattoo.

AITA for forbidding my daughters from my brother’s home after he exposed them to adult fun time?

We live in the kind of place where it's normal to leave your front door unlocked, so my brother leaving his front door unlocked must have been some kind of intentional scheme.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Cowslips Warren posted:

hmmm

quote:

I’m not sure why his husband was home during the middle of the day, not my business.

ah

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Out in the country it is not normal to just let yourself into someone else's house. That's a good way to get shot. Also knocking is a thing.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
My family lives mostly in the same 25k person town that they all have for the last 3 generations. It's not unusual to stop by someone's house unannounced, but in this day and age we generally text or call beforehand. Everyone used the same code on their garage or lockboxes so we could gain access if someone needed help or to grab something.

One night, after a wedding filled with heavy drinking, 2 of my siblings and their spouses dropped off a third sibling/spouse at their home. After being gone for 15-20 minutes, the first 2 couples decide it would be hilarious to surprise the third couple by sneaking into their house and scaring them in their bedroom. Scare them they did! They laughed about my sister-in-law karate chopping the air as she had no loving clue what was happening.

This is but one reason I live 500 miles away, and do not use the "family lock code" on anything of mine.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

If you bring a stroller on as a carryon you’re an rear end in a top hat.

I swear that just like the average suburban ccar size has inflated, so have stroller sizes. Literally every time I go to the zoo I gotta dodge these fuckin F-150 sized baby carts full of five year olds. Because the zoo is a place where you don't want your toddlers to run around.

Anyway what I'm saying if you take a stroller somewhere you are an rear end in a top hat.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

If you bring a stroller on as a carryon you’re an rear end in a top hat.

Last time I was denied at the gate because I brought a dead deer with me so they really should call it something else.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Last time I was denied at the gate because I brought a dead deer with me so they really should call it something else.

Those drat vultures at the TSA! :argh:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Thanks Obama

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Hughlander posted:

Oh man. It comes out in the comments that it’s the SRA or The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) is the regulatory body for solicitors in England and Wales.

They turbofucked.

Solicitors popping up from behind fences, out of bushes, under manhole covers: "Law law? Law law!"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wish the terrorists had won overhead bag space instead of security theatre.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Maybe that's what they were after all along and we misunderstood.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Khanstant posted:

I wish the terrorists had won overhead bag space instead of security theatre.

The TSA in Akron/Canton Airport did their duty, denying my bottle of Biofreeze gel entry. The same bottle that I've flown with for dozens of flights previously, and use for nerve pain before having to sit for a few hours.

Thank you, TSA! :patriot:

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
making fun of the TSA is prejudiced against the no one else is touching my genitals society

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Nocheez posted:

The TSA in Akron/Canton Airport did their duty, denying my bottle of Biofreeze gel entry. The same bottle that I've flown with for dozens of flights previously, and use for nerve pain before having to sit for a few hours.

Thank you, TSA! :patriot:

People used to smoke on planes and now I gotta pay for a packet of nuts

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

In defense of parents: Airlines break guitars, break wheelchairs, and break strollers. If you want to be able to actually use a stroller when you get off the plane, you carry it on somehow.

That said, "somehow" is a big ask in the era of no coat closet, not enough overhead room, and not enough space in front of you. Certainly the family with 7 bags for 2 paying passengers was way out of line.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

pro tip for flying with an electric guitar: buy a rifle case for it. you can check it without worrying about it getting wrecked, and when you get to your destination it will be helpfully stored behind the customer service counter for you to pick up at your leisure while the rubes crowd around the baggage claim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Ravenfood posted:

Lol the amount of weasel words and exonerative tense in that paragraph approaches news reports of US cops shooting people.
One Weird Trick: If you don’t say the words “wrong” or “lie”, then the regulatory agency reviewing your case cannot use those words either!