Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
Getting my presage loadout on…getting ready to help people get their Calus MiniTool or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I'm looking forward to finally getting to play presage with my brother, who was really looking forward to playing it way back and then found out that because he missed the season that he'd have to pay another £80 on top of beyond light to rebuy the deluxe edition to have the relevant pass.

Also Seraph Station when it comes out. But gently caress Vox Osbscura.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Strip your sockets

Also, Presage is great, if you've not done it before go in blind with a friend who also hasn't done it. Don't ruin it for yourself

Also shout out this absolute clown car of a clear. It only took us like an hour of trying to drop both fireteams at the same time

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:madmax:

That bug was fun as hell and I'm glad I did it once

Not glad for the multiple sessions where we spent an hour trying to trigger it and never succeeding

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

haveblue posted:

A non-leak, officially sanctioned teaser of tomorrow's season:

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1693669302698664139

What does non-seasonal engrams mean and why should I be clearing them out. Are my exotic engrams gonna go poof?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

MJeff posted:

What does non-seasonal engrams mean and why should I be clearing them out. Are my exotic engrams gonna go poof?

Non-seasonal engrams are the ritual vendor ones, vanguard, gambit, crucible, and trials. They are theoretically supposed to disappear (last season they didn't). Seasonal and iron banner are supposed to stay.

Anything in your character's engram slots will be fine.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lol oh yeah, I think about those so little they didn't even register as a kind of engram.

I dunno, anything I should try and focus? I already have a chill clip Riptide. I guess I could go for one with Auto Loading instead of Heating Up.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I get what they're going for but there has to have been a clearer way to describe the 'engrams that expire each season' other than 'non-seasonal"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I would think "ritual engrams" would suffice.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

MJeff posted:

Lol oh yeah, I think about those so little they didn't even register as a kind of engram.

I dunno, anything I should try and focus? I already have a chill clip Riptide. I guess I could go for one with Auto Loading instead of Heating Up.

Throw 'em both in the trash and get a Compulsive Reloader + Chill Clip. For real! The best Riptide is one you never have to put away.

Ideal MW is Charge Time

Magazines are either Accelerated Coils (get your freeze effect sooner) or Enhanced Battery (7->8 round magazine means Compulsive Reloader is still active after 3->4 shots)

Stay away from Ionized Battery and Liquid Coils, of course!

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

MJeff posted:

I would definitely go for a lfg/alh riptide with either vorpal/chill clip. Especially since next season has unstoppable fusion.

For gambit I rolled for bottom dollar since all the other good ones have been power crept but slideshot is still relatively unique.

A good hothead or blowout is nice to get with leftover engrams there. Fortissimo is technically the best double slug top slot option.

You should dump all trials engrams for the messenger because 95% of the time you want to throw regular counterbalance on it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Fortissimo is better than Heritage? No kiddin'.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

MJeff posted:

Fortissimo is better than Heritage? No kiddin'.

Only in the very specific case of shotgun swapping, where you switch weapons every shot to basically double the rpm. Heritage doesn't get a damage perk that works for that while fortissimo gets surrounded, frenzy, or vorpal. This is all high level grognard stuff that never comes in play unless you're contest mode raiding for your tractor cannon guy to do max DPS.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I think I'm in the minority here, but I think Frenzy is Bad because it has a mandatory minimum activation time of 12 seconds. If you ever lose it, and it's easy to lose it, that's such a long time to regain it!! Raid Bosses are also frequently designed(?) to burn off Frenzy before DPS begins, as far as I can tell.

It has easy requirements to activate, but it spends much less time 'Active' than most people expect...

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I think I'm in the minority here, but I think Frenzy is Bad because it has a mandatory minimum activation time of 12 seconds. If you ever lose it, and it's easy to lose it, that's such a long time to regain it!! Raid Bosses are also frequently designed(?) to burn off Frenzy before DPS begins, as far as I can tell.

It has easy requirements to activate, but it spends much less time 'Active' than most people expect...

i dunno, it always felt like "baby's first good roll" kind of a perk. Easy to activate, easy to comprehend, easy to pair with other perks to get more damage out of it.

There are definitely situations where it's the best perk for the job, but I think it's a bit of a crutch for some folks that can't evaluate better perk combos or playstyles to leverage more impactful perks.

This doesn't make it "Bad", just... not as good as others. It gets into opportunity cost discussion which I don't feel like the destiny community handles well.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah that's fair, I mean, the word "bad" would imply that it actually lowers your damage, deletes your bright dust, etc.

"I think there are better options for all scenarios" is a more accurate description of what I'm going for.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Yeah. Like, Frenzy is really good for "pulsing" combat. Stuff that happens relatively quickly with downtime between moments. Lots of battlegrounds, strikes, and story missions do this, which means it's extremely good in that kind of content. I agree that I wouldn't use it in most dungeons or raids, but it depends on the encounter... thus opportunity cost. Do you want to be better in situations where Frenzy is good, or be better at situations where other perks excel? It's a very hard question to answer and up to people as personal preference.

EDIT: I should also note, I don't consider "bad" to be a descriptor of perks that are broken (reduce damage, etc). Bad perks are perks, imo, are bad because they give no tangible benefit for a majority of cases in a given activity. shoot to loot is a bad perk if you have no problem walking over ammo boxes. gutshot is a bad perk because headshots are always better than bodies even with it. destabilizing rounds is bad because it's trivial to get the superior volatile rounds buff off of a void subclass and various exotics.

RocketRaygun fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 21, 2023

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Hmmm I don't want to succumb to pedantry or anything, but I was just thinking that

There's never a specific situation where Frenzy is the best
There are other perks that are better for general, non-specific situations
So it's hard to make a case for ever choosing Frenzy, in any situation

Obviously you could whip up an example of like a hypothetical gun with a 5th column of Underdog, Air Assault, Mulligan, and Frenzy in which case it's the best choice but hopefully the unspoken assumptions here can go without saying

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I feel like frenzy is very much a "you are not shooting target dummies" sort of perk - Focused Fury might be better on paper, but you can also gently caress it up. Frenzy is hard to gently caress up.

What about something like Frenzy vs. Swashbuckler, as on Mykel's Reverence? Frenzy feel like it's a bit more flexible then worrying about racking up melee kills.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Oxyclean posted:

I feel like frenzy is very much a "you are not shooting target dummies" sort of perk - Focused Fury might be better on paper, but you can also gently caress it up. Frenzy is hard to gently caress up.

What about something like Frenzy vs. Swashbuckler, as on Mykel's Reverence? Frenzy feel like it's a bit more flexible then worrying about racking up melee kills.
It's more than just damage too, it buffs handling and reload speed as well. Just great for overall combat uptime and flow.

An additional benefit is that, if you've got multiple weapons with Frenzy, one weapon's frenzy activates other weapons frenzy as well. Can't share kill clip, swashbuckler, or B&S that way, to my knowledge.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I dont remember using Starfire much, except with the times I had to be Well lock, though it feels funny that Inmost edged out whatever my Hunter's been using given Hunter had more playtime? (And both Titan and Hunter have been mostly glued to one build all season)

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
For how little I thought I played this season (14 minutes under water) I got a shitload of kills...

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Hoo boy, the 'minutes underwater' metric is going to be wild for people that spent the time soloing the Ghosts of the Deep!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I barely used Centrifuse. It's a good gun but it's very ugly

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Buddy if you can see it, you're not using it right!!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mmm, yeah, that all checks out.

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

My toaster numbers seem low…

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
dunno why it only shows cenotaph mask, although I have been basically only using that on my lock. Coldheart+Ceno whips rear end

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I still haven’t done Ghosts of the Deep. I heard the final boss had even more health than Spire of the Watcher’s, which is already an unfun grind to take down, and just thought “no, I think I’m good”

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Not only does the boss have more health, but on each DPS phase you have to spend several hundred K DPS on wearing down her shield before you can start wearing down her health bar, and the time you spend doing this counts against your DPS window

(or run Arbalest, which is basically mandatory if you're solo)

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

you all need to play way less Hunter. including you, person who exclusively played Titan

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i like how you can tell that i didn't really play this season because my FL numbers are so low

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I feel bad for the Marathon devs who got sent back down to the basement to work on Destiny 2 Crucible, holy crap

I'm pretty sure I'm retired from D2 there is nothing saving it at this point

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

someone discovered that rapid loadout/ornament swapping could crash lobbies so loadouts are disabled until further notice

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1693777174032244972

hope y'all didn't use them to store your glams in prep for next season

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

I love getting detention when the other kids gently caress up

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
its not a great thing to have to do going into a big reveal for sure

Im stuck in for the rest of this year anyway but tomorrow will probably determine if i shell out for deluxe final shape or just ignore it tbh

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I got an email telling me to buy the Collector's Edition of the Final Shape

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
*code creaks more ominously as a new season approaches*

everyone ready your telestos

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lol, I only played 13ish hours this season. Glad I was able to take all the mods off my armor before they shot loadouts in the face (again)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I spent 1 minute underwater this season and had 3700 something kills with Sweet Business all in pvp