Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I want some Chisos boots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

i say swears online posted:

lmao they officially sponsor UT and a&m

They also make all the legislators and statewide official's boots. Ya boy Glenn got some I bet

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

zoux posted:

They also make all the legislators and statewide official's boots. Ya boy Glenn got some I bet

I want some Ken Paxton Lucchesse's

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

JFC, :nws: that poo poo!

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I've been told Tecovas are pretty nice and I went to their store on South Congress but I was too cheap to buy anything

Not that I don't love spending money but it was a lot for something I'd almost certainly never wear

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

We got snobbed out of a luchesse store a few years ago. Guess our Tshirt and shorts vibe was more ‘normal people’ and not ‘ranch owner dressing like a slob’.

Fair, but dang we were ready to buy some basic leather boots at least.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Real Texans know pointy boots are the way to go

this is hard truth.

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl

Democratic Pirate posted:

We got snobbed out of a luchesse store a few years ago.

Yeah but u were nude and wouldnt stop talking to ppl about Bernie Sanders.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Holick's boots?

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
plz don't troll

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

stolen from a traces of texas comment thread, i don't even want to expand the replies

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

:raise:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this but the republic of texas

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

i say swears online posted:

stolen from a traces of texas comment thread, i don't even want to expand the replies

Technically that was what Mexico brought the Americans in for.

Didn't work, because the Texans kept to the East and weren't as ripe of a target to steal from in raids. Hope somebody in the Mexican government bought something nice with the money from the land sales.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

SlothfulCobra posted:

Technically that was what Mexico brought the Americans in for.

Didn't work, because the Texans kept to the East and weren't as ripe of a target to steal from in raids. Hope somebody in the Mexican government bought something nice with the money from the land sales.

They bought a Bowie knife. :texas:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Texas Tribune is digging through a huge trove of House Paxton impeachment docs and tweeting details rn:

https://twitter.com/RobertDownen_/status/1692534741881262525

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

gently caress YES, it's headed straight for our reservoirs. Come on you bastard, smack us around.

https://weather.com/safety/hurricane/news/2023-08-20-tropical-depression-storm-gulf-texas

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

And supposed to hang over Big Bend as well so more water upstream :hfive:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Someone find the 2011 tropical storm getting eaten

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah if it had shifted north toward Austin it would have fizzled like a match in space

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007
Man, I'm glad I'm not a very good friend. I wouldn't help my friends cover up their major crimes at all.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

IT BURNS posted:

gently caress YES, it's headed straight for our reservoirs. Come on you bastard, smack us around.

https://weather.com/safety/hurricane/news/2023-08-20-tropical-depression-storm-gulf-texas

Lucky bastards.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Lol The Weather Channel won't even go as far south where it'll make landfall like at Port Mansfield/Brownsville and prefer to broadcast at Corpus.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Jiro posted:

Lol The Weather Channel won't even go as far south where it'll make landfall like at Port Mansfield/Brownsville and prefer to broadcast at Corpus.

We truly exist in a vacuum, neither here nor there.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

nobody likes that drive

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
I hate it so much, one time I went to Dallas and never came back.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

More amazing Mexican and Tex-Mex food with a decent beach for us. *shrug*

https://www.tpr.org/environment/2023-08-17/spacex-submits-report-on-april-starship-launch-to-faa

Speaking of beach related poo poo.

Still no word on where Musk is getting his water from for his rocket deluge system AND where that runoff is going to, it's going into wetlands and it's considered polluted water.

Which if ends up sorting out is a massive no no that could run into breaking more federal laws. My cynicism says that won't happen because they want/need Musk to get his poo poo together to put people on the moon for..... reasons.

https://blog.esghound.com/p/elon-musk-really-hates-getting-permits

It's better explained in that substack by a guy in Houston who specializes in environmental stuff.

Under the sub-heading of "SpaceX permit Woes"

Jiro fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 21, 2023

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

I'll tell you where it's going: SPI. I was there yesterday near access 13 or so and there chunks of debris from that explosion back in April or whenever still washing up, lots of them covered in oil. gently caress that guy.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Yup, we're gonna be no better than Galveston soon enough. :smith:

Some dude was making rocket insulator foam collages and selling that poo poo on eBay because so much of it was washing ashore. Morons were climbing over each other to pay for garbage in the $100s of dollars

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Jiro posted:

Yup, we're gonna be no better than Galveston soon enough. :smith:

Some dude was making rocket insulator foam collages and selling that poo poo on eBay because so much of it was washing ashore. Morons were climbing over each other to pay for garbage in the $100s of dollars

Musk is bringing jobs in non-industry sectors to the local economy and here you are complaining about it.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

...at the cost of destroying the local environment, shattering windows in houses, breaking foundations, hijacking county roads, polluting the only good beach left in the state, all for a rocket project that serves...no one? Yes, I'm against it. gently caress that guy.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Dameius posted:

Musk is bringing jobs in non-industry sectors to the local economy and here you are complaining about it.

I can't tell anymore...

This is satire, right?

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

IT BURNS posted:

...at the cost of destroying the local environment, shattering windows in houses, breaking foundations, hijacking county roads, polluting the only good beach left in the state,

Absolutely, it's hosed up, and the bureaucratic corruption and/or incompetence that allowed the location is inexcusable. It should not be there, and yes, Musk himself is an absolute poo poo stain.

IT BURNS posted:

all for a rocket project that serves...no one? Yes, I'm against it. gently caress that guy.

But calling it a project that serves no one is perhaps the dumbest thing that I have ever read.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

The Bananana posted:

I can't tell anymore...

This is satire, right?

I'm insulted you'd think I'd support anything the most divorced man in history has, is, or will do.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

take him back, grimes. he's too weird now

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Doom Rooster posted:

But calling it a project that serves no one is perhaps the dumbest thing that I have ever read.

Of course it serves someone! It serves Elon loving Musk and his wishes to be more rich and land and be buried on Mars. He wants off of Earth so loving badly I wish I could fulfill it by Monkey Paw-ing his wish by sending him on an ACME rocket straight into a passing comet that passes by the sun, vaporizes him and immediately collides with Mars effectively making him a visible crater on a dead planet.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

They need to hurry the hell up and legalize cannabis federally already, getting sick and tired of waiting for the shoe to drop cause Texas will never do it themselves 🙄

Hate living in this godforsaken state, counting down the days till I can leave

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Doom Rooster posted:

Right, because vanity trips to an uninhabitable planet (or at best low earth orbit sight-seeing tours) is exactly what we need right now. It's a waste, he's a waste, and very little of the money stays here thanks to tax abatement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

White Light posted:

They need to hurry the hell up and legalize cannabis federally already, getting sick and tired of waiting for the shoe to drop cause Texas will never do it themselves 🙄

Fully agree. I was at the Snoop concert the other night and weed may as well have been legal. That was a whole lot of tax revenue that the state isn't getting.