Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Facebook decided I needed to see more genius memes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is this meme from Japan?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That would be a good excuse for how incomprehensible it is, but it was posted by a dude named Kyle

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Am I supposed to be mad because WWE sold 90k tickets? Am I supposed to be upset that AEW didn't sell enough or because WWE sold more? Why would I give a gently caress if WWE does better than a smaller competitor?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Shard posted:

Am I supposed to be mad because WWE sold 90k tickets? Am I supposed to be upset that AEW didn't sell enough or because WWE sold more? Why would I give a gently caress if WWE does better than a smaller competitor?

It's not even honest. It's 90k over 2 nights in a stadium that holds less than Wembley. It's cope for the war in their own head.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

OVW has basically been a complete joke since he purchased it and took over operations of the promotion. He's not well regarded at all.

Apparently he even renamed the wrestling school after himself?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Al Snow fuckin sucked.

Prokhor Zakharov fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 21, 2023

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The only decent thing in his entire career was head cheese and that was Steve Blackman (who was miles better anyways).

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I always remember that tag match with too much who won by putting a bottle of shampoo in the head and pinning it because head and shoulders get it :dadjoke:

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Al Snow fuckin sucked.

lmao

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

i don't tell people that i was stupid as a kid, i just tell them i was an al snow fan and they get it

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Al Snow was good for his ECW entrance and for being the constant butt of the joke in every Mick Foley book.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
Hey, Al Snow was the third best Rocker, show the guy some respect

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/abadon_AEW/status/1301968327586312192?s=20

https://twitter.com/abadon_AEW/status/1301971135282769920?s=20

al snow is a confirmed piece of poo poo in addition to being idiot jobber to the stars.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

this guy seems cool although i'm not 100% clear on what he's talking about

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The Bandaid Band is back together brother

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Al Snow is a legend for having the worst match of all time in the main event of CHIKARA KING OF TRIOS 2009 (NIGHT 1)

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Has there been a single person who has trained in OVW under Al Snow in the past five years who has gone on to do anything of note outside of OVW?

Their alumni page is entirely WWE developmental-era people (Cena/Orton/Lesnar/Batista, but also Mark Henry, Elijah Burke, Nick Dinsmore, Colt Cabana, CM Punk, the Major Brothers, etc) and their current roster is 90% people I've never heard of/haven't seen wrestle anywhere of note outside of OVW, a couple people who started elsewhere and are now getting some TV time (Outrunners, Alice Crowley, Leila Grey), and hilariously EC3 and Mahabali Shera. Shera was apparently their champion for seven months of the past year, beating 47 year old CA$H FLO for the belt and successfully defending against Crixus, Tony Gunn, Matt Polowy, and Luscious Lawrence before dropping it to... CA$H FLO again. It's okay though, because CA$H FLO quickly put over up and comer Jack "The Veteran" Vaughn for the title.

Both of these men appear to be older than Cena or Orton, and in the case of CA$H FLO have been wrestling longer than any of them. CA$H FLO was even in the legendary 1999 JCW battle royal that also featured Fat gently caress Barrel Boy!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Edge & Christian posted:

Has there been a single person who has trained in OVW under Al Snow in the past five years who has gone on to do anything of note outside of OVW?

Their alumni page is entirely WWE developmental-era people (Cena/Orton/Lesnar/Batista, but also Mark Henry, Elijah Burke, Nick Dinsmore, Colt Cabana, CM Punk, the Major Brothers, etc) and their current roster is 90% people I've never heard of/haven't seen wrestle anywhere of note outside of OVW, a couple people who started elsewhere and are now getting some TV time (Outrunners, Alice Crowley, Leila Grey), and hilariously EC3 and Mahabali Shera. Shera was apparently their champion for seven months of the past year, beating 47 year old CA$H FLO for the belt and successfully defending against Crixus, Tony Gunn, Matt Polowy, and Luscious Lawrence before dropping it to... CA$H FLO again. It's okay though, because CA$H FLO quickly put over up and comer Jack "The Veteran" Vaughn for the title.

Both of these men appear to be older than Cena or Orton, and in the case of CA$H FLO have been wrestling longer than any of them. CA$H FLO was even in the legendary 1999 JCW battle royal that also featured Fat gently caress Barrel Boy!

OVW's TV is some of the worst stuff you will ever see, they've tried really hard to appeal to the MAGA crowd ever since COVID. The best thing I can say about them is I watched one of their streams for a Shera match I was sure would be atrocious and it was merely boring.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Finally, confirmation of the Third Gunn Son

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Did he try to put a pentagram on his chest, gently caress it up, and just put the redo over top the first one?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Drakkel posted:

Did he try to put a pentagram on his chest, gently caress it up, and just put the redo over top the first one?

Well obviously he can't use White Out

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

HulkaMatt posted:

Al Snow is a legend for having the worst match of all time in the main event of CHIKARA KING OF TRIOS 2009 (NIGHT 1)

Oh yeah. I believe the story went that Al was wrestling the Unstable and Al was super stiff and broke Stigma's nose and pretended not to know Colin Delaney a week later and Colin was like "Dude , you beat me up me and my friends six days ago."

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/tarch85/status/1688614623879000064?s=46&t=bbVAetI2_DV7aCjhIGsFZA

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Edge & Christian posted:

man remember when batista was a werewolf or whatever the gently caress lmao

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

HulkaMatt posted:

What, you don’t like standing hot tags?

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

man remember when batista was a werewolf or whatever the gently caress lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5MCQnUzxb4

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Dawgstar posted:

Oh yeah. I believe the story went that Al was wrestling the Unstable and Al was super stiff and broke Stigma's nose and pretended not to know Colin Delaney a week later and Colin was like "Dude , you beat me up me and my friends six days ago."

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

What, you don’t like standing hot tags?

Cagematch says the match is 26 minutes long but i swear it felt twice that. I did not watch the rest of the tournament after that. Just a few select matches. So bad.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

how mad do u think this guy was when mox started using Wild Thing

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
I recognize Jack Vaughn from his social media posts.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cvhg-1VrjLV/?igshid=MmU2YjMzNjRlOQ==

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

humor for 50 year old dudes funding vanity promotions with their HVAC business

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

THE STOP
CANT ROCK

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

This guy must hate Curt Hennig

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jack Vaughn's whole gimmick is that he's a true wrestling veteran who hates indie bullshit. He was trained by Shark Boy.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

little munchkin posted:

this guy seems cool although i'm not 100% clear on what he's talking about

Dave Meltzer must call out AEW for making up attendance numbers, even if that's something that only WWE is doing.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Jack Vaughn's whole gimmick is that he's a true wrestling veteran who hates indie bullshit. He was trained by Shark Boy.
That's a pretty fun heel gimmick. Just coming out and telling the crowd they're idiots for liking what they like and they should be grateful to see your <5 minute match consisting largely of rest holds

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Coolness Averted posted:

That's a pretty fun heel gimmick. Just coming out and telling the crowd they're idiots for liking what they like and they should be grateful to see your <5 minute match consisting largely of rest holds

Yeah Randy Orton's pretty good actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
The standard for "legend" should be higher than Al Snow

Actually the standard for "legend" should be higher than Billy Gunn too, although Billy Gunn is at at least three Al Snows in legend value