Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

blunt posted:

I'm guessing it would be mad expensive but if they put DON in Vegas again next year they should do something wild in the new MSG Sphere. 18000 would probably be a hard sell with how much they'd have to charge though.

this would be a dope spot for a location.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

zetamind2000 posted:

why are they running a show in such a small city

Houston is a pretty big city. The biggest in Texas in fact

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

blunt posted:

I'm guessing it would be mad expensive but if they put DON in Vegas again next year they should do something wild in the new MSG Sphere. 18000 would probably be a hard sell with how much they'd have to charge though.

The Dolans aren't going to rent to Tony. WWE will get to run the sphere first and probably be the only wrestling company that does.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Houston is a pretty big city. The biggest in Texas in fact

rosenberg's part of houston? that's loving nightmare bad then

I mean it'll almost certainly pick up closer to the date but that isn't a good start

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 22, 2023

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

The Dolans aren't going to rent to Tony. WWE will get to run the sphere first and probably be the only wrestling company that does.

i would be grossly interested to see what their production team does with that kind of venue but i think its more likely they just continue to book t-mobile and allegiant stadium rather than go for something unique looking.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

zetamind2000 posted:

I mean it'll almost certainly pick up closer to the date but that isn't a good start

The venue is 45 minutes SW of downtown Houston. Waaaay out in the middle of nowhere, but right on the freeway.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008

zetamind2000 posted:

Rosenberg really isn’t part of Houston. It’s like a suburb of a suburb. I’ve lived here forever and never been there for any reason. This also seems to be the first event EVER at this brand-new venue, so there is probably no venue marketing apparatus set up yet (email lists, media buyers, etc.)

I’d bet AEW got a better deal to run this building than the U. of Houston arena. (The NBA arena, Toyota Center, is almost certainly on one of those WWE-exclusive handshakes.) But driving out to a town where nobody goes to an arena nobody’s ever been to is gonna be a tougher sell.

I’m flying in from the UK that day, but I’ll still make it because I’m an irredeemable Freakazoid. I will report on the pitiful t-shirt selection when the time comes.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i mean at that point they may as well just run austin or san antonio instead

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Integrated Houston posted:

Rosenberg really isn’t part of Houston. It’s like a suburb of a suburb. I’ve lived here forever and never been there for any reason. This also seems to be the first event EVER at this brand-new venue, so there is probably no venue marketing apparatus set up yet (email lists, media buyers, etc.)

I’d bet AEW got a better deal to run this building than the U. of Houston arena. (The NBA arena, Toyota Center, is almost certainly on one of those WWE-exclusive handshakes.) But driving out to a town where nobody goes to an arena nobody’s ever been to is gonna be a tougher sell. I'm

I’m flying in from the UK that day, but I’ll still make it because I’m an irredeemable Freakazoid. I will report on the pitiful t-shirt selection when the time comes.

My wife and I are two of those 547 dopes who've already bought tickets. See you there, bud.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i mean at that point they may as well just run austin or san antonio instead

That's 2 1/2 or 3 hours from Houston for either option. The SW suburb for the major SW suburb (Sugarland) of Houston is... I guess less bad.

Kvantum fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 22, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Rosenberg is a lovely little place. My parents would take me out their for the Richmond-Rosenberg fairs growing up.

No idea why AEW is going out there, but I suppose I haven't seen the venue

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Shinjobi posted:

Rosenberg is a lovely little place. My parents would take me out their for the Richmond-Rosenberg fairs growing up.

No idea why AEW is going out there, but I suppose I haven't seen the venue

We went to the open house/grand opening this weekend. It's a gorgeous venue, and a lot bigger than the UH one. Easier to get into and out of, too, but the roster and crew will either have to crash at the La Quinta across the highway from the venue or else have a long bus ride to get any sleep.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/StreetSignsCNBC/status/1693841992957186269?s=20

Good interview. Tony says some interesting stuff in it.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

God bless him for remembering it’s called Max and not HBO Max because I wouldn’t have

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't think the game has been a huge success only because he said we've made a lot of good revenue from it. Not that we recouped our costs. And he didn't give any firm numbers in terms of sales. Also it's certainly not being activly supported in comparison to something like BG3 which has already had several hot fixes come out.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It probably has been successful according to their original projections for early/day 1 sales.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i would be grossly interested to see what their production team does with that kind of venue but i think its more likely they just continue to book t-mobile and allegiant stadium rather than go for something unique looking.

I forget which side interest in WWE running the Sphere comes from, Dolan or WWE but I think either way it happens because WWE has good reason to keep him happy if they want him to freeze other promotions out of MSG.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pylons posted:

It probably has been successful according to their original projections for early/day 1 sales.

me and explosivo have some thoughts about that dang game. I didn't want a ton from them. I just wanted more than radio silence post release.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Peak on steam was 2,210 2 months ago
24 people are playing right now
https://steamdb.info/app/1913210/charts/

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Aug 22, 2023

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Digital Jedi posted:

Peak on steam was 2210 2 months ago

lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Digital Jedi posted:

pathetic

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKV3StL_h7w

I continue to assume that All In was gonna be on Max but they couldn't get it done logistically. Khan is talking about Max like it's an inevitability that AEW winds up there.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Yeah theres not even 25k in that town

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Collision was 482k/223k (.17), 13th for the night. UFC prelims were #1, preseason NFL made up most of the rest of the top 10. Basically flat with last week.

Quarters notes,
No quarters with no ads
One quarter with double ads, QH7, with the first part of Christian Cage vs. Darby Allins

Peak in P2+ was QH1 with the Joe/Punk segment and Jay White vs. Dalton Castle
Peak in 18-49 was basically a tie between QH1 and QH4 (240 vs 241), QH4 was an ad break, the LFI video and all of the Ricky Starks stuff, his backstage interview, his video package and Big Bill vs. the jobber with the Ricky promo after.

Low point in both was QH7 with the double ads and Christian vs. Darby. QH8 bounced back significantly and was the peak of the second hour.

The only thing I think is particularly noteworthy about this episode is that the quarters with full ad breaks all dropped pretty significantly and are the lowest quarter hours in the show, except the quarter hour based around Ricky Starks, which which peaked the show in 18-49.

Rankings, from SpoilerTV:

MJeff fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 22, 2023

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That was the last Saturday before college football so I hope they enjoy those numbers while it lasts

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

Memory holed Elite GM.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Still kicking around ideas for how I'm gonna post ticket updates without spamming the thread, but for now, this one feels notable. Dynamite tonight:

AEW Dynamite
Wed • Aug 23 • 7:30 PM
Gas South Arena, Duluth, GA

Available Tickets => 440
Current Setup => 5,635
Tickets Distributed => 5,195 (+363 since yesterday's update)

5,195 puts it ahead of last year's 7/20/22 Dynamite in Gas South Arena by 99 tickets, so it's guaranteed to outdo last year's show in the same arena.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Is there a Wembley update?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Last update was 3 days ago,

AEW ALL IN
Sun, 27 Aug 2023, 18:00Sun, 27 Aug 2023
Wembley Stadium, London

Available Tickets => 4,067
Current Setup => 85,472
Tickets Distributed => 81,405 (+559 since last update)

Estimated Paid => 76,004
Resale => 2,544

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Pylons posted:

It's still there.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kennel posted:

It's still there.

Gonna need a source on this.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

MJeff posted:

Gonna need a source on this.

Saw it from a plane today!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

MJeff posted:

Presale, 4 days ago:

AEW Dynamite/Rampage
October 18, 2023 6:30 PM
Fort Bend Epicenter, Rosenberg, TX

Available Tickets => 3,328
Current Setup => 3,875
Tickets Distributed => 547

My friends and I are eight of those!

Also gently caress Rosenberg!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

MJeff posted:

Last update was 3 days ago,

AEW ALL IN
Wembley Stadium, London

Available Tickets => 4,067
Current Setup => 85,472
Tickets Distributed => 81,405 (+559 since last update)

Estimated Paid => 76,004
Resale => 2,544

Just released an update, revising the number.

AEW ALL IN
Wembley Stadium, London

Available Tickets => 4,485
Current Setup => 85,291
Tickets Distributed => 80,806

Estimated Paid => 74,500
Resale => 2,850

Setup with holds => 91,871 (this is what they could fit if they released every hold)
Every seat on the map => 97,241

quote:

Tony Khan said they were approximately at 80,000 distributed in yesterday's presser. That tells me they are closer to that number (he will almost always round up if close) and I was a little ahead of them. I've adjusted some counts for the setup and holds. This has undoubtedly been one of the most challenging maps to track due to the constant shuffling of holds. Yesterday the upper deck re-added a bunch of seats behind the stage and then removed some more again (no idea why they removed them to begin with). I have those screenshots in the Daily Tracker. I've also added all of my section counts (what I have marked as open or partially opened) there as well. So, still ahead of the turnstile number but not by as much as the last update. I will try to give every day updates until the show assuming they don't do anything wacky with the remaining holds. Based off his answer to Brandon Thurston's question about giving an honest attendance number, one would think it will be somewhere in the 80's.

(the revised number still puts them about 100 tickets ahead of WM32, in case you were wondering)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Digital Jedi posted:

:rubby:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Kennel posted:

Saw it from a plane today!

*thwap*

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So, I'm gonna try this for a bit. When I post Dynamite quarter-hour info, I'll also post the final count from that week's Dynamite and give updates on up to the next three Dynamites if they've all had an update posted within the last week (right now, I'm also gonna throw in Grand Slam because it's being updated frequently and it's a big show), then I'll do the same for Collision when I do the quarter-hours for those posts. So most weeks, that'll be Dynamite quarters + ticket info on Thursdays and Collision on Tuesdays, although I miiiiiiiiight try waiting an extra day for rankings info from SpoilerTV. We'll see.

I also have access to the WrestleTix master spreadsheet now, which includes a daily All In tracker, so if you want that, lemme know. Today's number is 80,808 for the record.

Dynamite Quarter-Hours:
One quarter with no ads this week, QH1, which was the big Elite, Gunns, BCG, Takeshita schmozz and the MJF interview with Renee.
One quarter hour with 2 PiP ads, Moxley vs. Fenix. Moxley's entrance had a PiP, then the match had one as well.
One quarter hour with a full ad break and a PiP ad break, QH8 with Hardy's entrance and Hardys vs. Aussie Open.

Peak in P2+ was QH1 (961k/424k 0.32)
Peak in 18-49 was QH5 (886k / 447k 0.34) with Darby and Wayne vs. AR Fox and Swerve.
5 minute overrun did 776k/409k 0.31. Overrun was more or less lower than the entire show besides QH8.

Show followed the curve you'd pretty much expect. The two quarters with double ads had steep drops, moreso in P2+ than 18-49. P2+ steadily decline throughout the show, 18-49 stayed mostly stable, big drop for both at the end.

Some rankings info,
Dynamite was 4th for the night. Obviously TV was dominated by the Republican primary debate, Dynamite only lost to the debate and the shows immediately preceding and following it on Fox News. Pretty great night for Dynamite overall, imo.

Dynamite Final Count:

AEW Dynamite
Wed • Aug 23 • 7:30 PM
Gas South Arena, Duluth, GA

Tickets Distributed => 5,343

Last time here:
7/20/2022 => Dynamite => 5,096

Upcoming Dynamites:

(Posted 18 hours ago)
AEW Presents Dynamite/Rampage
Wed • Aug 30 • 6:30 PM
NOW Arena, Hoffman Estates, IL

Available Tickets => 1,637
Current Setup => 4,439
Tickets Distributed => 2,802 (+12 since yesterday's update)

Last shows here:
9/4/2022 => All Out => 9,039
9/2/2022 => Rampage => 5,569
8/31/2022 => Dynamite => 6,301

(Posted 3 days ago)
AEW Presents Dynamite/Rampage
Wed • Sep 06 • 7:30 PM
Indiana Farmers Coliseum, Indianapolis, IN

Available Tickets => 1,021
Current Setup => 2,902
Tickets Distributed => 1,881 (+54 since last week's update)

Last time here:
11/30/2022 => Dynamite => 3,572

No updates posted within the last week for the 9/13 Dynamite.

(Posted 24 minutes ago)
AEW Dynamite / Rampage
Wed • Sep 20 • 7:30 PM
Arthur Ashe Stadium, Flushing, NY

Available Tickets => 4,537
Current Setup => 9,926
Tickets Distributed => 5,389

Seems like the price is making people balk at Grand Slam right now, we'll see if prices come down or sales pick up as we get closer and a card gets announced.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
How's All Out looking? Or any upcoming Collisions?

Surprised about next week's Dynamite. I guess if people had to choose between Dynamite and All Out there probably gonna choose the PPV. I'd think it'd be a wild show as both a fallout from All In and the go-home Dynamite for All Out.

I imagine the next time they come to Georgia it'll probably be down from this week's number. It being a combo show with Collision drew a lot of people for Punk, plus the idea of seeing two go-home cards for the price of one.

Though Tony did ask the crowd if Atlanta would be a good market for a PPV, and that would obviously draw bigger than any Dynamite taping would. I know I'd go.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
All Out is at 8991, it should fairly easily beat last year's 9039 and may beat Double or Nothing's 10,555.

I'll do a more comprehensive Collision post in a few days when Collision's ratings come out, but a quick check:

Sep 3rd, United Center: 3,868.
Sep 9th, Cleveland, OH: 2,928.
Sep 16th, University Park, PA: 2,226.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

apophenium posted:

How's All Out looking? Or any upcoming Collisions?

Surprised about next week's Dynamite. I guess if people had to choose between Dynamite and All Out there probably gonna choose the PPV. I'd think it'd be a wild show as both a fallout from All In and the go-home Dynamite for All Out.

I imagine the next time they come to Georgia it'll probably be down from this week's number. It being a combo show with Collision drew a lot of people for Punk, plus the idea of seeing two go-home cards for the price of one.

Though Tony did ask the crowd if Atlanta would be a good market for a PPV, and that would obviously draw bigger than any Dynamite taping would. I know I'd go.

Dynamite being so far outside Chicago was going to be a hard sell with the other two shows at the United Center. All out looks fine, Wrestletix has it at 9k out, Tony claimed today it was at 10k out (which is possible given Wrestletix doesn't track luxury boxes) so it will be well ahead of last year's show at the NOW Arena. Most of the Collisions aren't doing great but AEW has become a company that does a lot of late business so I don't really know if it matters, there's a couple bad looking advances for both Dynamite and Collision and then a bunch that look like they'll end up in the usual range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Thanks y'all :)